You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Cashless society

13»

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,119
    Of course the whole world can't go cashless. Some people don't have fiat at all yet and still trade in goats. I think for the purposes of this debate you're better off talking about Western 'society'.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 12,519

Of course the whole world can't go cashless. Some people don't have fiat at all yet and still trade in goats. I think for the purposes of this debate you're better off talking about Western 'society'.

He is a luddite.

This is the way the world is headed, whether we like it or not.

At some point there will probably be no cards, just phones.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 1,950

‘ Western Societies?’
    China is in the East.
    What about the countries in the south and north? ( Scotland )
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,119
    chilling said:

‘ Western Societies?’
    China is in the East.
    What about the countries in the south and north? ( Scotland )
    Once they leave the UK they can take their pound notes with them.
    edited July 31
    HAYSIE said:

He is a luddite.

Me a Luddite?
    I’ll have you know, that when I smoked, the switch from matches to a lighter was fully embraced by moi.
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

He is a luddite.

Me a Luddite?
    I’ll have you know, that when I smoked, the switch from matches to a lighter was a fully embraced by moi.
    Don't believe it.
    HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

He is a luddite.

Me a Luddite?
    I’ll have you know, that when I smoked, the switch from matches to a lighter was a fully embraced by moi.
    Don't believe it.

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

He is a luddite.

Me a Luddite?
    Don't believe it.

I expect you rub 2 sticks together.
    People struggling to buy groceries and medicine as shops refuse cash – Which?

People struggling to buy groceries and medicine as shops refuse cash – Which?
    People have been left unable to buy basics such as groceries and medicine as a concerning problem with cash acceptance in the UK grows, according to Which?

Shoppers have reported being told that cash is “a thing of the past” and some believe the coronavirus crisis is being used as an excuse to ditch physical money, the consumer group found.

It warned the viability of the cash system is being threatened as some shops have declined payments using banknotes and coins during the crisis.

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/people-struggling-buy-groceries-medicine-000100968.html
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 6,072
    I dont believe it ^^
    edited October 29
    VespaPX said:

I dont believe it ^^

Which are considered quite independent, reliable and honest.
  • misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 1,536
    and, please do not forget
    Winter Sun?
    returning from;
    France, Italy, mainland Spain, you, must, MUST, must, immediately,..
    Self Isolate for 14 days, or, Draconian Measures, will await you....

Meanwhile, fancy? Maldives? cracking bucket list experience, recommend Marina Atoll,
    or,
    a right old Jolly up, Canary Islands style, (If you go, only La Gomera, highly recommended)
    Or a cultural experienced, Danish style,..
    Go, yee ahead, carry on (lol) regardless, what, a shower, 'our' elected great n good, are..
    I, ask you.. (lateral thinkers, know, what's what)