You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Somehow survived first hour, but defo need a table change, probs (defo) out of my depth.
    Currently on 4,300 chips and was down to last 2,000 when bluffed at flop and got it through.
    Also in £4k Rebuy for just £22 and currently on 17,400 in position 20 of 55.
    Playing The Mini and already had one rebuy, currently on2,475.

Here's praying for either some real run good or table change in The Main.
    Essexphil said:

68Trebor said:

Great start, table consists of Blaisee, Timmyrara, Henners10, F_Ivanovic and Chrismags.
    Guess who's the FISH

Timmy :)
    Good luck

Cheers Phil, think I need it

Well that went well!!!!!
    Got it all in pre with AQ suited and ran into AA.

Hopefully will be back to report a deep run in £4k Rebuy, currently 14/37.

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,988
    Must have passed your luck on to me in the Main-just had set over set in Main, so 6/147.

Hope Willow runs good soon ;)
    Essexphil said:

Must have passed your luck on to me in the Main-just had set over set in Main, so 6/147.

Hope Willow runs good soon ;)

Cheers for that Phil, it just isn't same without her sat next to me.

GL in The Main.

Currently 5/18 in the £4k Rebuy.

All done for tonight, finished 15th in £4k Rebuy.
    Will be having a work enforced rest from poker for next couple of days and will return Sunday for the High Roller BH with Willow by my side.

Bankroll £2,763 + £220 High Roller Ticket.

No poker since the last update but back on the tables today. Will be trying to qualify for The UKOPS Main Event and if unsuccessful will play the UKOPS 32 £10k BH along with the HR BH I have got a ticket for. Will update hourly throughout the evening on my progress or lack of.
    Willow had her surgery on Friday morning and returned home Saturday afternoon. As you would expect she is feeling very, very sorry for herself and spent last night sleeping and being sick. She is a little bit brighter today and has managed to keep her dinner down but is still operating on 3 legs. The long road to recovery has now started and it is 2 week's house bound to start with.
    Good news on the house front on Friday, with the news that the paperwork our buyers have been waiting for has eventually arrived. This should mean, fingers and toes crossed, that we can hopefully exchange on Tuesday / Wednesday and complete our move on Friday. This is ideal world as I am on holiday after Wednesday for 11 days and it would be lovely to get moved and then have a long week to get settled in.
    Having dismantled a couple of beds and packed the majority of the kitchen, this morning has been very productive. Time now to sit back, relax, watch a couple of games on Sky, Newcastle v Spurs and Villa v Fulham. Premier League best watch out as last time a certain Mr Grealish returned from injury he inspired the team to a ten game winning run. Not sure if even that would persuade Southgate to include him in Euro squad. Have to say it would be such a travesty, if as the rumours would have you believe, he is not to make the cut. Memories of Currie, Hoddle and Le Tiss spring to mind. After the conclusion of The Villa game I will be tuning into the brilliant @PBKRPoker stream for an evening of poker playing and watching.

Bankroll £2,763 + £220 High Roller Ticket.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,988
    Good luck tonight. Good news re Willow.

Hope Grealish gets better soon. Think he will make the England squad, but not the team. Can see him as an impact sub if we are losing. Not sure our midfield is good enough defensively to have Foden and Grealish in it.
    Essexphil said:

Good luck tonight. Good news re Willow.

Hope Grealish gets better soon. Think he will make the England squad, but not the team. Can see him as an impact sub if we are losing. Not sure our midfield is good enough defensively to have Foden and Grealish in it.

Cheers Phil, good luck to you tonight as well.

Didn't qualify for The Main so only playing the 2 tonight.

Decent start in both at 1st break

UKOPS 32, £10k BH - 10,910 chips, 25/248, bounties £22.50

UKOPS 33, £20k HR BH - 10,825 chips, 24/95 , bounties £75.00

Got my bounty in HR when short stack shoved over my open with his 99 and my QQ held, happy days!

Just busted the £10k BH. Got up to 23k chips before losing a big pot v Haysie when he hit his flush draw on the Turn and then lost the rest when I couldn't fold QQ on a 10 high board and lost to the straight. Did consider folding but that's probs the difference between a good player and a rec. Managed 3 bounties so did make a profit of 75p :p

Still in HR, currently on 10,525 chips, 55/111 and the one £75 bounty. Will be one tabling whilst watching @PBKR twitch stream.

Willow fast asleep next to me and somehow Villa beat Fulham 3-1 despite looking like they were already on the beach for the first 75mins.

Life is good!!!!!

Out in 105th with the one bounty.
    Ran AK in to KK pre flop and no help on the board.
    Off to watch Line of Duty.

Bankroll £2,803.

Very quick update.

Willow - Doing nicely and slowly getting back to normal, hard part is trying to keep her amused whilst she is relatively inactive.

Villa - On the beach and beginning to think there is more to the Grealish injury than what it appears. Rumours growing Smith is on his way this summer and our exceedingly ambitious and wealthy owners are looking at a bigger name to take us into the Champions League.

House - Still ongoing and really starting to do my head in.

Poker - Managed 8th in The Main tonight and I have also been moonlighting on Party where I have been taking a few shots with the bigger bankroll I have secured. Managed this today in the Masters.

Hope it is ok posting this, if not I do understand.

Got it all in pre for my final hand and my AQ was way behind on the flop when the villain hit a 9 holding 99. The A and Q on turn and river only appeared as consolation.

Total Bankroll £3,301
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855

@68Trebor

No problem with stories from other cardrooms, well done on a nice bink.

I was not aware of the Grealish intrigue, or rumours to move Smith on. I thought he'd done a decent job actually.

Best of all....

£3,300

Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

No problem with stories from other cardrooms, well done on a nice bink.

I was not aware of the Grealish intrigue, or rumours to move Smith on. I thought he'd done a decent job actually.

Best of all....

£3,300

Rumours around Grealish regarding sleeping tablet addiction and other addiction issues. How much truth in it I am not too sure, but with his track record I wouldn’t be totally surprised.
    Big noises coming out of Villa Park that owners are desperate for Champions League football and that they are questioning whether Smith is the man to take them there. Gerrard being quite strongly linked and apparently when our CEO Christian Purslow was at Liverpool with Gerrard he was instrumental in getting him a better deal and was a huge admirer. Like you I think Smith has a done an outstanding job but do wonder if he is a big enough name to attract the next level of player needed to take that next step. I hope he gets the chance but with plans to extend Villa Park I think these newish owners mean business.
    £3,300 is nice!!!

@68Trebor

Would not surprise me at all with Grealish, he does not strike me as very bright, to be honest. Nice slippers though.

Its been a funny old week as I have been off work, holidays that should of been took before April but due to COVID and an early Easter they got moved back. As we are in process of moving (hopefully one day) there is little enthusiasm to do much around the current house, with Willow limited to 5 min walks as she recuperates there is no possibility of walking the hills with her. This has lead to a week of reading, sitting and playing probably too much poker. Visited The Grove yesterday afternoon and sank a few pints of Moonshine in the sun which was very enjoyable and have to say it was lovely to see some of the old boys who really haven't got any other social interaction in their lives. Makes you wonder how they have survived the last few months. Got a BBQ at friends tomorrow which I am really looking forward to.
    Had the news yesterday that this summer's cruise has been cancelled so will wait and see what August now brings. Will be endeavouring to go somewhere hot in August for two weeks and I am toying with a week all inclusive in the Balearics followed by a week in Barcelona, COVID allowing.
    Having got my bankroll over the £3k mark I have invested in a new 'gaming' chair and a monitor (can you believe there is such a thing as a curved screen). The reasoning behind this is two-fold. Firstly I am getting old and have started to struggle with 4 tables on a 15" laptop screen and secondly I have always played on my laptop in my comfortable armchair with the TV on in the background. In the new house I will be able to have my own small dedicated 'man room' so this is a step towards that and also I believe/hope will improve my game as I it will make me more focussed.
    Poker has been going OK this week and I have been playing up to $55 on Party, including some sats for bigger buy-ins, culminating in a ticket into last night's Thursday 500 on Party which resulted in a cash of over $600 and a bit of coverage on @PBKR excellent Twitch stream in which he continued his fine form and took 3rd place for over $7.5k. Looking back I'm not sure if I misplayed my exit hand when I shoved 55 from UTG with approx. 10 BB's. With the dynamic of the SB being that short they were forced all-in I was always going to get looked up by at least 1 big stack with 2 bounties in play and was only ever going to be 50-50 at best. The fact that 2 big stacks had AA and KK is incidental. Views on whether shove is right would be appreciated. I have also been playing up to £33 on Sky. Plan for today is to play a couple of Legends MTT's on Party, The Sky Main and try to qualify for the BWBH on Sky, oh and mow the lawn which is something I had hoped I wouldn't have to do again in this house but c'est la vie.

Bankroll £3,231

Bankroll £3,231

At long last we have now moved and I am typing this from our new home, in my new little poker den

Now we are in I do really like the new house and have the feeling we could be here for a very long time. Its a combination of the space, the lovely quiet location and general feeling of home that is so appealing. There are apparently a lot of jobs that need doing, redecorating, new sink, new shower door, garden etc, etc but I would expect nothing less. Although it has dragged on there was one positive in that our buyer's were feeling guilty, and as they are going to rent our old house back out, they let us move our stuff out over 3 days. This made a huge difference and enabled us to save over a grand as I ended up hiring a van for £180 instead of a removal firm for £1.3k. My back and my son might say different but its money in the bank at the end of the day.
    I haven't played much poker over the last couple of weeks and what I have played since 18th April has been cash, mainly 20nl and 30nl, with the odd 50nl thrown in. It has amazed me how many properly recreational players are at those levels at the moment and I have, through a combination of better note taking and hence better choosing of who to clash with, and more focus enhanced by the new set up, been able to turn a profit as you can see below.

With the amount of 'work' I have to complete on the new abode and the tremendous SPT Promo that has just launched I will be mainly sticking to cash for the forseeable future. On the poker front I have started to regularly look in on the Discord group but do worry if it will have a negative effect on what does seem to be a quietening of this forum.
    I am off this coming weekend and have the joys of going furniture shopping on Saturday. It looks like I am going to be dragged around the retail park at Birstall, just off the M62 near Leeds, which will include the joy of the dreaded IKEA. I am hoping at the end of it I can get a couple of pints in at he Crown in Scissett, which has the potential to be our new local. Sunday will be a day in the garden, weather permitting.
    Carney Chukwuemeka! Remember this name. About 5 years ago in this diary I mentioned that a certain Jack Grealish had the potential to be one of the best players I had seen in a Villa shirt. Well our friend Mr Chukwuemeka is the next potential superstar to role off the Villa youth conveyor belt. This kid has the lot and if he keeps his head down and carries on improving at the rate he is he will soon be appearing in the Premier League on a regular basis before getting in the England squad.
    Willow continues her recovery and is now up to 4 x 10min walks a day and her frustration continues to grow as she doesn't understand why we keep turning back home and she isn't allowed to chase the squirrels and birds. She has her final check up in 2 weeks and then get back to some sort of normality.

Bankroll £3,179.