You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    edited December 2021
    coo1-um said:

No games on Sunday and just to two yesterday, Rewards Freeroll saw a run into the top 100 and a small cash, was nice to see friend of the thread @Asho28 win a £220 UKOPS seat here, hopefully they can turn this into a nice post christmas cash.

The only other game I played was the £2.20 omaha where my heads up opponent clearly had connection problems throughout the game, whilst I generally make an allowance and try to give a player time to reconnect, it’s a difficult call in terms of fair play just to take the chips, but given the situation and how long it had been happening this is what i did. How long do you give someone in this situation? is my time sat about too after all, whats to say a sat out player could not use this to their own advantage. So we move on.

Cheers @coo1-um , much appreciated. Think the chances of getting a return from the free entry are slim to none, but should be a good experience for me regardless of the outcome.

RE the opponent with connection issues heads-up, sounds like you did the right thing. I would certainly wait a bit for them to come back and would probably sit-out myself during that time. I guess it doesn't matter as much in a small £2.20 tourney, and if the opponent wasn't showing any signs of life then you can't wait forever.

Will hopefully bump into you at the tables at some point in the coming days, but if not, hope you have a good Christmas and New Year mate.

• coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Stagnating again. 2nd in the PLO8 was a welcome bonus @eon1961 was in total charge of the final table.

edited December 2021
    A day that started when i turned a 10 to 1 heads up chip lead into defeat against the impressive @skicowboys, ended with a UKOPS main Event seat.

Won a £5.30 sat into the main semi, which promptly ended with 4 left and a seat in the final in hand.

The all in sats are played mainly for a little extra value a total of 47 entrants in the 3 UKOPS Main semi all in's Gave an average of just under 16 for a 1 in 20 seat, the Mega stack was even more value with 2 x 11 and 2 x 10 entrants in the 4 games.

May drop into the rewards game quickly tonight but not expecting anything else before a few UKOPS sats next week.

Merry Christmas to all, and thanks for reading and joining in my pain.

A few days off and back to the normal tonight.
    It seems that every game i go out in a hand when ahead and imo making the right play, pick a game and lets test the theory.

For those poker purists what does this mean.
    1. I should just call it a day
    2. Stop moaning about my bad luck, forgetting all the times i hit when miles behind
    3. or stop pushing my luck too often
    I suggest its the latter, 2022 may be the making of me.

I have decided that this challenge needs to end, looks like today could well be the last day, thanks for following, whatever happens at least it will have been another year in profit.
    The main event awaits so will have to pick up the mini. other than that a handful of satellites and the like.

UKOPS updates and Bad Beat stories upcoming.......

Best of luck tonight @coo1-um , hope you get a big score.
    Alas it was not to be, quite a ride though.

Thanks for following.

• safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Bit harsh as i remember you lost the £10 and played freeroll's rather than deposit so to end up with £583 was no failure.
    Well played @coo1-um enjoyed reading the up's and down's of your challenge.
    Yeah I think you're being hard on yourself @coo1-um . You've come away from this with a nice profit, which is especially good given how this challenge started for you. You may not have made the 1k that you set out to do, but to say that you have "failed" seems very harsh.

Enjoyed reading this throughout the year. Well played mate and a happy new year to you.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    @coo1-um I think you should be pretty chuffed with yourself to be honest.

You made £500+ profit from a standing start, that's not to be sniffed at. More importantly you did so with some pretty good bankroll management, again not easy to do.

Maybe set a new target for 2022 of £2,000 and hopefully end the year with a disappointing £1,000+ profit! :)
    @safc71 @Asho28 @Enut
    it is ultimately a fail if i do not complete it, and whilst i will stick to what i have been doing not sure i can carry on with the reporting.

Looks like i am having the same 'run out' luck as last year as last nights 7@7 knockout hand would indicate, with a potential push from the small blind and what i considered a decent player in the big blind i opted to call with pocket kings.

Happy with the small blind push and the big blind all in, until the run out of course.

Should i have raised or shoved?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    EssexphilSmall blind150.00150.00585.00
    ????Big blind300.00450.007020.00
    Your hole cards
    • K
    • K
    spearsy136Fold
    GELDYFold
    coo1-umCall300.00750.004980.00
    EssexphilAll-in585.001335.000.00
    ????All-in7020.008355.000.00
    coo1-umAll-in4980.0013335.000.00
    ????Unmatched bet2040.0011295.002040.00
    EssexphilShow
    • J
    ????Show
    • Q
    coo1-umShow
    • K
    • K
    Flop
    • A
    Turn
    River
    • J
    ????WinStraight to the Queen11295.0013335.00
    coo1-um said:

I will hold my hand up and admit I was the player you 'considered a decent player' in the above hand. I'd be interested in others views on how the hand was played, obviously from my point of view I took your flat call as a sign that you weren't particularly strong and hoped I could push you off with my all in and then be heads up with @Essexphil for, if memory serves me correctly, more than a minimum bounty. Phil was obviously all in with any two.

You got exactly the action you wanted, as I assume you were flatting to show weakness in the hope that I would do exactly what I did, you were weren't you? If so that's probably a good play and very profitable long term. The only problem was that you suffered a horrible run out and bad beat.

I know it's no consolation but I did apologise in chat but you may have already left.

I hope you run better @coo1-um and, again, apologies for the above hand.
    edited January 2022
    Enut said:

coo1-um said:

I will hold my hand up and admit I was the player you 'considered a decent player' in the above hand. I'd be interested in others views on how the hand was played, obviously from my point of view I took your flat call as a sign that you weren't particularly strong and hoped I could push you off with my all in and then be heads up with @Essexphil for, if memory serves me correctly, more than a minimum bounty. Phil was obviously all in with any two.

You got exactly the action you wanted, as I assume you were flatting to show weakness in the hope that I would do exactly what I did, you were weren't you? If so that's probably a good play and very profitable long term. The only problem was that you suffered a horrible run out and bad beat.

I know it's no consolation but I did apologise in chat but you may have already left.

I hope you run better @coo1-um and, again, apologies for the above hand.
    Was on mobile.

i suspect your play was correct especially give the bounty at stake.
    and there must be some calls to trap with kings from the button here.

so........ nh
    edited January 2022
    Interesting hand.

I don't think you did anything wrong here @coo1-um , and are perhaps just being a bit results orientated, which I myself am prone to being. Ultimately, you lured the big blind into shoving a hand that you were in very good shape against and got a very unlucky run out. The majority of the time, you end the hand with a head prize and a double up, so you should be happy with the way you played this one.

For what it's worth, a competent player limping the button with a 17/18BB stack would immediately set off alarm bells for me, and I would not be shoving the Q 10 off here. But as @Enut said, a lot of the people who play the micro games on Sky will limp very wide and with weak holdings, especially in hands like this where there is a player with a tiny amounts of chips left, hence a bounty available. So I think the Q 10 shove is also fine.

In terms of your question regarding playing it differently, I think just min-opening the button is fine as well. The big blind will likely be priced in to see a flop with a bounty available (assuming the tiny stack goes all in with their remaining 2BBs), but given the strength of our hand we're not that worried about that.
    Shoving into an unopened pot with the KK would be a big mistake in my opinion - don't think we should be ever going all in with hands as strong as this for 17/18 BBs. I could be mistaken, though.

But overall I think you played the hand fine. Just very unlucky. @Enut is renowned for running extremely well, which I'm sure he will admit himself. :wink:
    edited January 2022
    @Asho28 agreed, except the last bit '@Enut is renowned for running extremely well, which I'm sure he will admit himself. :wink:'

As you well know I run worse than anyone else on SkyPoker, always have and always will, my poor results are nothing at all to do with being useless at the game. :D

p.s. On a heater in 2022, let's see if the heater can last a whole week!
    May re-boot this with a once a week report,
    • It keeps me amused, others have a choice to read
    • Helps keep me on track
    • I cannot start another challenge until i finish this one and don't fancy starting again
    Its either that or a £0 to 2k
    @coo1-um and @Asho28 I do run pure, Aces two hands in a row.......
    luke_incSmall blind50.0050.00670.00
    EnutBig blind100.00150.001525.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    LebsterFold
    sabre74Fold
    djsppirosFold
    luke_incAll-in670.00820.000.00
    EnutCall620.001440.00905.00
    luke_incShow
    EnutShow
    • A
    • A
    Flop
    • K
    Turn
    River
    luke_incWinThree 2s1440.001440.00
    oh dear......next hand on same DYM.......
    EnutSmall blind75.0075.00830.00
    LebsterBig blind150.00225.00280.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    sabre74Fold
    djsppirosFold
    luke_incFold
    EnutRaise225.00450.00605.00
    LebsterAll-in280.00730.000.00
    EnutCall130.00860.00475.00
    EnutShow
    • A
    • A
    LebsterShow
    • K
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    LebsterWinStraight to the 7860.00860.00
    Needless to say I didn't cash. :):):)
    @Enut Thats just variance......

Ok so i am going to continue with this, not be going with daily reports as such, but intend on doing an accurate report once a week-ish, which will also show the running yearly total. Probably on a Tuesday.

May add in just for fun a couple of bets and run a total on what i post.
    For Tonight i like the look of Grealish 2+ SOT, 10 Man City Corners and 20+ swindon booking points. £5 @ 11/1. on SkyBet

On Sky Vegas all i did last year was the free daily spin with a profit of over £40 on the year, so for anyone playing with their pennies this is worth it over time.

• lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    good luck @coo1-um