You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 763
    edited February 2022
    coo1-um said:

Trio 2 Cash games, have never been my thing just about keeping my head above water.
    Tonight was the best night of the challenge to date. But could have been better.
    Thoughts on the hand below would be good.

45 mInutes into the 1 hour session. (spoiler below)
    What would you do? what do you put the villain on?

Easy call for me, would need very specific notes to even consider folding. We're only losing to sets, and we block our opponent from having JJ and QQ with our hand anyway. Just very unlucky that they have us crushed on this occasion. Before I clicked the spoiler, I would've expected them to have AA/KK quite often, which we're in good shape against.

In these micro games, when people min 3-bet pre it's often very nutted/a premium pocket pair and we should proceed with caution. But obviously we're coolered on this particular flop and we have to stack off.
    All you can do is note how your opponent played this hand pre and post-flop to help you against them in the future. :smile:

How are you finding playing cash - has it been enjoyable enough for you so far or does it feel like a chore?
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    @Asho28
    Honestly its more like a chore, i know i am not approaching it properly either.
    i guess you have to be invested in cash games, a third of the way through and a small profit, so i guess its good.

TRIO 1 is going steeply downhill so dont feel like updating.
    TRIO 2 is just about in profit but struggling to find time to play.

TRIO 3 however, ready for the £5.50 games.
    edited March 2022
    Lets have an update its been a while, the reasons for this will be evident from the below.

Starting at Trio 3, couldn't really fail this one, as they was no money to lose, didn't set a target but ending it in profit, will probably revisit something similar further down the line.

Trio 2, cash games have never been my thing and finding the inclination to play 1 hour sessions has been hard. I do plan to complete it and may pick up the odd session in the short term but it has been placed on the back burner.

Trio 1.
    Should have just stuck with this, and given reports after every game. The accountability i place on myself through reporting is what has helped me through my challenges so far.
    The £10 to £10k went downhill early on when these were stopped and this was going well until they stopped, so back to daily reports after these games have been played.

So apologies for spamming the thread in advance.

edited March 2022
    1st game since the above finished in profit to eat into those losses. well at least lick a bit off the end.

and the hand that finally crippled me
    Not sure what else i could do.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    baddunnSmall blind150.00150.001695.00
    densben81Big blind300.00450.004660.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    kazzamar03Fold
    1MADGECall300.00750.00540.00
    NatnugAll-in6580.007330.000.00
    coo1-umAll-in6945.0014275.000.00
    baddunnFold
    densben81Fold
    1MADGEFold
    coo1-umUnmatched bet365.0013910.00365.00
    NatnugShow
    • A
    • J
    coo1-umShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    NatnugWinStraight to the 513910.0013910.00
    coo1-um said:

1st game since the above finished in profit to eat into those losses. well at least lick a bit off the end.

and the hand that finally crippled me
    Not sure what else i could do.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    baddunnSmall blind150.00150.001695.00
    densben81Big blind300.00450.004660.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    kazzamar03Fold
    1MADGECall300.00750.00540.00
    NatnugAll-in6580.007330.000.00
    coo1-umAll-in6945.0014275.000.00
    baddunnFold
    densben81Fold
    1MADGEFold
    coo1-umUnmatched bet365.0013910.00365.00
    NatnugShow
    • A
    • J
    coo1-umShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    Turn
    River
    NatnugWinStraight to the 513910.0013910.00

Nothing you can do sometimes mate, you got the chips in well ahead and were just unlucky. Keep persevering and I'm sure your fortunes will turn.

On the brighter side, one of your bounties last night was by busting me :joy:
    edited March 2022
    Hopefully we are now back on track, following a 23 game run that resembled last years results in this, i guess this may have something to do with the fact that i was single tabling last night and maybe playing a little more attention to the game. (and obviously got lucky at the right times)

Nice result for you last night in the 7 at 7 mate, very well played! Hopefully it will get you back on the right track with this challenge. :smile:
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Well played @coo1-um
    edited April 2022
    Time for an update.
    My game is just ticking by, 3 sessions in the cash game challenge have yeilded a £1.03 loss that is firmly on the backburner though i expect to get back to it at some point.

7@7 challenge has taken a step back again

Need to get back on track so here is tonights schedule MTTs and satellites.

A lot of luck last night has knocked a chunk of this, but quite a way to go.

Recent play

Graph

With £95.90 paid in rake that is the only thing currently beating us.

Great result last night mate, well played.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    Great! Love to see it.

Now you are potentially just one result away from getting out of that hole.

Hopefully won't be too long now.

Whilst playing last night i made a decision to have a couple of weeks off and reset, recent results aside and i have not enjoyed playing for the past few weeks, seems like is just routine and something to do.

That said the night finished with an SPT Glasgow seat having reached the semi from one of the all in sats, great value some of these with often quite a decent overlay. Certainly worth the buy in for anyone who wants to have a shot at the bigger games.

I will be updating the PLO8 league in the meantime

Bringing the 7@7 challenge up to date.

Good luck to all.

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,770

Great result in the Glasgow satellite last night, well done.
  • thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 926
    Congratulations on your seat to SPT. Enjoy the experience and hopefully a little/big windfall comes your way!

Good luck, good luck!
    The break isn't going to plan, as i keep signing in and playing a little. i really do need some time away but its not that easy.

We all need a break from routine sometimes.

So it has to be a forced week off with self exclusion, after the plo8 league is updated tomorrow, not sure if i can update the results whilst excluded.

update to 7@7 Back to Zero after tonights game.

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Fire a deposit limit on and then withdraw BR completely. :)
    PKRPar said:

Fire a deposit limit on and then withdraw BR completely. :)

I have not deposited since the £10 to start this challenge, have the money to play just not the desire and find coming on to play is just a little too easy, playing when i clearly have something else to do around the house ect. so need a break.

Is it an addiction or just something to fill a void, i'm not sure, and i expect for most on here if we are honest its a bit of both.

Whilst the main challenge above got me a little down at times my focus to complete it was always there, maybe thats what is missing, forced time away is my only option at this time.

Then maybe i come back with a £0 to 10k that should keep me busy for a while.

Even now as i get ready to update the league and prior to clicking the self isolation button the thoughts of late registering the 09:00 £5.50 turbo bounty hunter are there.

2 weeks off work and 1 week down there will be no poker interfering with life next week.

(except the league and maybe the odd post on here to say how twiddling your thumbs compares with clicking buttons.)