You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

@Jac35

Ok, thanks. I'll thrash a bucket of balls first, & if there's a **** of hope I'll have a word with Mr Hibbert.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited May 2022
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Ok, thanks. I'll thrash a bucket of balls first, & if there's a **** of hope I'll have a word with Mr Hibbert.

How’s life back in Derbyshire treating you? Gentler pace?
    Must be better for seeing Gill too

Have you been to Barry Fitch yet in Little Eaton? Best butcher in Derbyshire. Lives a few doors away from me and yes i do get a discount when he gets new customers :)

Croots Farm Shop at Duffield is very nice too

There’s always hope with golf
    The bloke i play withs Dad is 81 and he still comes close to beating his age
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    Ground share Paul?
    I think it's just to put pressure on mad Mel so that DCFC can get the stadium back
    Hope you have a wonderful wedding mate
  • Options
    stokefc said:

Ground share Paul?
    I think it's just to put pressure on mad Mel so that DCFC can get the stadium back
    Hope you have a wonderful wedding mate

Hi mate

I suspect that you’re right
    There looks like a deal can be done where the Council buy the ground
  • Options
    Just got tickets for the game tomorrow
    It’ll be Harry’s first and hopefully not last match at Pride Park

We’ve already sold 32.000 tickets so there should be a great atmosphere

He’s not really bothered about football at the moment and so i’m hoping this will get him interested

I think there’s more chance of that with a full house than going to a game next season with a half empty stadium

I wanted to take him this year as it’s 40 years since i first went to a match with my Dad and Grandad. It was the best thing ever. A night game at the Baseball Ground

The Milk Cup against Halifax Town we beat them 5-2 after extra time.
    I remember Archie Gemmil scoring in front of us at the Normanton End.

My first season ticket was when we were last in Division 3
    We got promoted courtesy of the dodgiest penalty ever v Rotherham United. We had a free kick on the edge of their box and missed it. The referee was then pointing to the spot. No one knew why. No one cared why.
    The next season we won Division 2
    Be quite nice if history repeated itself :)

https://youtu.be/NuTgx6ZxzFw

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    hahahaha WTF was that decision?!!?
  • Options

hahahaha WTF was that decision?!!?

My guess is that Robert Maxwell may have had some influence in it
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,161
    Jac35 said:

Dym update

Hardly played. When i have i’ve been shoddy
    Mtts have been awful when i’ve played.

I’m more of a professor of the game now and it’s great to see the likes of @waller02 @bbMike @goldnballz and @Summers119 do so well under my tutelage
    I think the biggest thing they’ve learned from me is that having a strong mental game is so important:

Stuff update

Wedding in July.
    Very busy with that

Harry excited about being a Page Boy.
    We’re having the whole day at Makeney Hall,which is very close to us, as neither of us are religious.
    Honeymoon in Dubrovnik. Never been there and really looking forward to it.

Derby situation still not sorted although it does appear to be closer than at any other stage.
    If we’re still in existence i’ve got some good away days next season. Morecambe etc.

Golf is shocking so far this season.
    Got a game at Lindrick soon so hopefully will find form. I played Ganton last year which was really good. I’m led to believe that Lindrick is pretty similar

Nice to hear things are going well Paul .......GOOD LUCK for the wedding, and the footy with Harry.

Sorry to hear the golf's not going too well at the minute ......and you will defo need to be playing well for Lindrick. It's a great course, and is pretty similar to Ganton, though it's quite some time since I played there. It used to be used for our Regional qualifying for 'The Open'.

Greens are normally very good. Make sure you keep it out of the gorse ........and don't hit it on the A57 (Sheffield to Worksop Road) , which divides the course. There used to be a hole 10th-ish I think, that ran right along side the road, but they may have changed the layout now. I'm sure the Par has been increased as I thought it used to be 69 (which was really tough) or 70.

One of the only courses that finishes with a Par 3, and another interesting-ish fact is that the stream/river at the back of the Par 5 4th, is where three counties meet (iirc) Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

Hope you enjoy it ........ and if JOHN KING is still the Pro there, say Hi from me
    (Jeremy Tilson) :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

Jac35 said:

Dym update

Hardly played. When i have i’ve been shoddy
    Mtts have been awful when i’ve played.

I’m more of a professor of the game now and it’s great to see the likes of @waller02 @bbMike @goldnballz and @Summers119 do so well under my tutelage
    I think the biggest thing they’ve learned from me is that having a strong mental game is so important:

Stuff update

Wedding in July.
    Very busy with that

Harry excited about being a Page Boy.
    We’re having the whole day at Makeney Hall,which is very close to us, as neither of us are religious.
    Honeymoon in Dubrovnik. Never been there and really looking forward to it.

Derby situation still not sorted although it does appear to be closer than at any other stage.
    If we’re still in existence i’ve got some good away days next season. Morecambe etc.

Golf is shocking so far this season.
    Got a game at Lindrick soon so hopefully will find form. I played Ganton last year which was really good. I’m led to believe that Lindrick is pretty similar

Nice to hear things are going well Paul .......GOOD LUCK for the wedding, and the footy with Harry.

Sorry to hear the golf's not going too well at the minute ......and you will defo need to be playing well for Lindrick. It's a great course, and is pretty similar to Ganton, though it's quite some time since I played there. It used to be used for our Regional qualifying for 'The Open'.

Greens are normally very good. Make sure you keep it out of the gorse ........and don't hit it on the A57 (Sheffield to Worksop Road) , which divides the course. There used to be a hole 10th-ish I think, that ran right along side the road, but they may have changed the layout now. I'm sure the Par has been increased as I thought it used to be 69 (which was really tough) or 70.

One of the only courses that finishes with a Par 3, and another interesting-ish fact is that the stream/river at the back of the Par 5 4th, is where three counties meet (iirc) Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.

Hope you enjoy it ........ and if JOHN KING is still the Pro there, say Hi from me
    (Jeremy Tilson) :)
    Hi Jez
    Thanks for that
    I’ll say Hello for you if he’s there
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The boy doesn’t like football. Weirdo
    Can I have your phone Daddy started after 5 minutes
    Can we go Daddy after 10

It did occur to me that the ex used to be friendly with the Milkman
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,155
    Jac35 said:

Can we go Daddy after 10

Is that all football? or just the fact that you made him endure a Derby game? There are rules about subjecting children to things that might scar them.

Maybe if he saw Stoke or even Forest then he might have an appreciation for it.
  • Options

Jac35 said:

Can we go Daddy after 10

Is that all football? or just the fact that you made him endure a Derby game? There are rules about subjecting children to things that might scar them.

Maybe if he saw Stoke or even Forest then he might have an appreciation for it.
    Fair
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Poker update

Not played

Stuff update

This made me feel old
    It was 25 years ago yesterday when Derby played their last game at the Baseball Ground
    I was there in the Directors Box with my Dad courtesy of my Aunt who had a bit of influence
    It was against Arsenal and we sat next to Charlie George. I remember being a little narked when he celebrated every Arsenal goal. He was still a bit of a Derby legend. Hat tricks against Rea Madrid help

https://youtu.be/H3TkheJqxlo

I remember Bergkamp scoring a wonderful goal.
    Out of necessity we moved to Pride Park but give me the Baseball Ground every time

It’s the same with all clubs who have moved i guess
    I much preferred the old grounds of Stoke, Leicester, Coventry, Spurs and Arsenal for example

Funny to think 25 years on i may have gone to my last game at Pride Park too
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,155
    I can actually remember my last game at The Baseball Ground too.

I was living just over the border in Eastwood and a Port Vale supporting mate was coming to watch the FA cup replay Derby V Port Vale and in return for staying at our house overnight after the game due to the last train having left brought me a ticket.

It was such a shame that the great memories of an iconic ground complete with mud bath every winter had to finish with the sight of jubilant Vale fans going mental.

However, it did go someways to making up for the sight of Rioch, Gemmell, Hinton, O'Hare, Davis etc beating Stoke again and again on one of our bogey grounds.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread you honestly stirred up some great memories.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Poker stuff

Played last night
    2 mtts, won 1

Other stuff

Knee hurts
  • Options
    Averaging about 1 night a week of a couple of mtts and 2/3 dyms currently.
    Feels quite strange after playing most nights for 20 odd years and 10 tabling

Felt a bit strange 1 tabling a £2 deepstack last night for about 11 hours
    Won it for £37. So outstanding hourly achieved there

Had a kind of golf stag do at Lindrick yesterday. Lovely course with glass like greens
    Played ok

Gutted i missed going to the cricket today. I’d promised to take my Mum out for lunch

Just watched the last couple of hours
    Reasonable knock from Bairstow
    …….

Derby

Don’t wanna talk about it 😊
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wedding thing has happened
    It was alright.

Had a front tooth crown fall out a couple of days before the big day. Fortunately I know my dentist well and he popped it back in. Photos would have been even worse with missing teeth.

We went to Dubrovnik for the honeymoon which is a fantastic place.
    Had a fun evening of thunder and lightning but it was 32 every other day.
    Did the usual stuff there.
    Apparently some make believe rubbish series is filmed there too so it was full of freaks visiting the spots where they filmed
    Made it very busy

Had a bit of a promotion at work which is good news but has been hectic

Thinking of leaving my current golf course. I’ve hardly played this year and £1200 is a lot for not much golf
    Another local course does a lite membership for 300 where you can play a limited number of rounds a year. Has a knock round there on Monday and shot 71 so, sold!

Knees are a disaster. Did my ACL in my right one years ago and my cartilage in the other not long after that
    Arthritis isn’t a shock
    I get steroid injections. Normally good but the last one didn’t work. Waiting on a MRI now

Derby are alive!
    Considering we haven’t been able to spend a penny on transfer fees and we’ve got other teams cast offs, we’ve had a decent start to the season
    Not sure how we got Hourihane but don’t care. He’s far too good for this division

….

Playing poker every so often. Just get bored quickly with it nowadays which feels odd but fine at the same time. Played a few dyms last night and made a tenner and just switched off and watched tv instead. (Shame that Better Call Saul has ended. Definitely better than Breaking Bad)
    Doing ok considering volume

I’m thinking a streak week may happen soon so will probably play a fair bit if/when that happens
  • Options

@Jac35

Lovely update Paul. Reading between the lines, you seem very happy & content.

Switched golf courses? Where is your new one?

I've been trying to teach myself to play again (again?) & I go to the Morley Hayes range several times each week, even had a (solo) round on the 9 hole Tower Course. I remain absolutely hopeless. Watched hundreds of You Tube Vids & only get more confused. Thought about getting lessons at the Morley Hayes Golf Academy (can't book direct with that chap you mentioned a while back) but at £80 an hour......

How can it be SO hard to do something so simple as whack a golf ball? I'm not too fussed about distance or direction, just want to "get the ball away cleanly" most of the time.

I watch every Golf Tourney on TV & marvel at how they make it look so simple.

Meh. Maybe it's too late in the day for me.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Stupid rigged freerolls!

Sort it out Sky

Don’t normally play them and tonight proved why

Came 2nd in the 6.30 for £60 to an awful beat.
    Earlier had come 2nd in the Sunday major freeroll. Yeah, i know it’s 3 places get in but i wanted the win

Ps Thanks very much. Looking forward to Sunday
  • Options

@Jac35

Be good to see you in Sunday's Major, been a while since you played one of those I imagine?