You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sets Are Best - CraigSG1 Diary. UPDATE

Comments

• CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    Its a Flip!

..................................WIN...........LOSE

Asho28.......................54...............45
    FORDAKIDZ.................77...............66
    goldenballz.................43...............49
    poppy765...................50...............40
    Toffeeandy.................69...............31

P.S. TIE BREAKER.

In the event of a tie you will be asked a tie breaker question. I will keep a few stats to help form any i may need.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    175 wins 200 losses.
  • splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    Hmmmm a tricky one this. I'll go for 155 wins and 154 losses.
    Just seven entries so far? Come on guys!!
    Hi all,

Back after a week of lates, first day of my 6 days off and hoping to play five of them.

Normally after a long break and looking forward to playing i can play a little loose but tonight i was aware of that and kept my patience. The only thing is didnt get much going. Busted my £2 when i was in bb flopping two pair only to be against mr limp every hand who had hit the one out for a set. What can you do?

Managed to stay in it for almost an hour in the £7 - did manage a lucky bounty sb v bb - pushing against the short 10bb stack when i had 88 and he had QQ. I hit a set but that was the only hand to go my way. Didnt get many situations at all and eventually lost when i got a very bad call and lost.

The £5 was pretty much the same as the £7 - just not many hands or situations for long periods but somehow managed to scrape my way to 3 off the money - pushing KJ into A10 and losing.

Didnt get in any flips at all tonight so im going to leave open the competition for ONE more night for anyone who would like to enter. Have to be honest, bit disappointed with only seven entries for this one but im sure thats good for seven!

Table so far...

mumsie.....................175.............200
    splashies...................155.............154
  • _Mr_Chips__Mr_Chips_ Member Posts: 246
    W 89 - L 52
    Hi there!

My successful year continues…

On my second night back I played and ran very well to take a 2nd and a first from two FT out of three MTTs! :)

Played well in the £7 - ran even better. Lost my first flip of the night then won the next FIVE(!!) across my tournaments - I also won big important pots every time. Twice in a flip and the others with dominating hands. Got to the FT and as usual it played very very shallow. I was happy to get to 4th tbh and then we had a three way all in and luckylad hit a set after previous hand also hitting a set in a race so we went from 5 to two in a couple of hands. He had an absolutely huge chip advantage heads up and sadly folded to my 33, AKs and called my Q4o! Lol. Not bothered, very happy to get that far.

luckylad13 254000 1 £124.24 + £94.43 Head Prizes 11
    CraigSG1 0 2 £75.79 + £49.85 Head Prizes 12

The £2 MTT i won:

Things started off slowly in all and in to be honest I just stayed afloat for long periods. Then I won a HUGE pot for two heads and the chip lead with Q5s - calling with good pot odds for a small head and then making my hand on the river, the other guy jammed with his turned trips. It went a bit yo yo after that and i didn’t take any other heads until the FT.

Again in that I went from mid stack to a three way tie for the chip lead to bottom and then back to top. We got to HU with a lead and played a few pots before I got very, very lucky. He limped and I raised with 99, he jammed and of corse I called only for him to have 1010 but obviously I prevailed - flopping a set and dodging the redraw.

One thing I am super happy with is my FT play this year - ive won 9, had two seconds and one 3rd with one 6th. So 9/13 is very very good!

So as you read, the Its a Flip competition has begun in earnest. From not one yesterday to six tonight. Its also a rarity that i won five in a row and it was super important that they where all important pots too. Have to take the rub of the green and remember this when it goes against me.

Final Table of guesses:

mumsie.....................175.............200
    splashies...................155.............154
    _Mr_Chips_.................89...............52

ITS A FLIP TALLY: W5 L1
  • FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 171
    @CraigSG1, nice result in the 7 and thanks for the updates,
    Was just wondering, what was your fave series / episode ?
    FORDAKIDZ said:

Thanks!

What was my favourite series/episode on what please? Im happy to answer. :)
    Hey,

"We must bring balance to the Force"

No, not what the Jedi council said but the poker gods. What a night. Its obviously annoying but with a lot of success behind me it doesn't sting as much.

Had such things as a better King losing to running 8 cards on turn and river, then busting versus same player with AK on a K52 flop - he had 52o limp/calling a raise (he called everything so couldn't fold) and that was my £2BH gone.

The £5 and £7 getting absolutely nothing and then losing half my stack 77 on the button getting called all in by 96s - he rivered flush and then having AQ and getting called by an utg player limp calling with 102o!

Losing is annoying but it stings more when you get such atrocious calls! Deep breath! These are whats been giving me my success (well, maybe not calls as bad as those!) so like you have to, just have to accept it.

Had a good three days off with my girls, pretty much looked after them by myself which has been great. Now they are giving mum the cold shoulder! :wink: Been to a couple of different parks and even on Thursday had the pool out which they loved!

Started potty training in which Kira has took to it extremely well but Harlie after a good start tries to hold it in and ask for a nappy. The only success we have is when we let her go in the toilet on her own for some privacy! :smiley:

Probably a night off tomorrow, also maybe going to go see Top Gun Maverick which im looking forward to.

Good luck!

CraigSG1 said:

FORDAKIDZ said:

Thanks!

What was my favourite series/episode on what please? Im happy to answer. :)
    Hi Craig, i took SG1 as a reference to being a "Stargater" :) hence the enquiry.
    Love everything Sci-Fi me.
    @FORDAKIDZ

Hey! Yep, well noticed. I am indeed (cough) a huge fan of Stargate.

Controversial to some but Universe is my favourite series and in my top 5 all time.

Off the top of my head my favourite episodes would be Unending, First Strike, Twin Destinies, Window of Opportunity, Last Man… definitely a lot more but those spring to mind. First Strike might be my favourite though.

You?
    Hi.

Quick rundown, dont want to bore. Got a biggish stack in the £2 half way through then lost a big all in with KK v A10 and then bust with K9s v KJ same player next hand. Didnt get much in the £7, lost a race in an important pot then lost the rest standard.

Had a steady run in the £5, once got my stack going towards the bubble but couldn't hold in some good spots against the same person. Four times he got me, he limped every hand and twice limped good ones that i didnt lose too much on when most of the time i have the best hand but that dented me. Then i lose again with a set to a four flush board versus his Ah flush and then i flop two pair and he hits the straight on the turn! Had to then grind, finishing 15th in the end.

Today was a big day, withdrew £200 from my poker account and used it to upgrade the girls to toddler beds. Out go the cot beds and more proof of how fast they are growing! They loved them, having fun exploring them and they are right now asleep. Harlies had a bit of a temperature since last night but we hope that will pass.

Hope i can get a good sleep this time tonight. One more day off before another long run of work days keeping me off the computer.

Oh, and @Tikay10 - can i have my £5 token for the 6:30pm BH Tuesday night please. Many thanks.

P.S. Well done England and Joe Root. That was some innings, i just hope we can turn some results in now.
    Hi - so make that TEN wins from 14 FTs

A weird night, didn’t start well and the opposite from Friday - I won 1 race and lost four so to take an MTT down is pretty good.

Busted pretty early in my others, lost a £10 stack in cash running and paying bad and it was looking like a bad night before a week off because of work as I was not getting anything in the £2 BH either but half way I tripled up and took a head and then for long periods kept in the low end of the lobby.

I then had a little flurry, took couple of heads and then scraped a cash but then I just somehow found spots and a good table and slowly chipped up taking a lot of pre flop pots. I continued that on and was doing really well with about 8 left when for the second time tonight I got KK and ran into AA! Thankfully I won a good pot next hand to take a head and get my stack back up and then again managed to run the table and chip up. I busted the FT bubble when 55 jammed into my JJ and that gave me the chip lead at the FT.

Things where going well until I lost QQ v AK to pop13pop then a big hand happened with three all in and that got us to three handed with me 2nd. I then get into a big hand with pop again, losing with 57o to his Q7 with trip 7s on turn. A big hand 3 handed and I thought that was it. Thankfully huge chip leader Gorman123 doubled me up with 108s v my A10. That got me back in it and from there I again chipped up and got the chip lead again and didn’t lose it.

Knocked out Gorman to take a huge chip advantage 130k v 30k and my first chance to win was with QJs v 76o and I flopped a J v his 6 but a river 6 doubled him up! We then got KsQs v As8s and suddenly he was only 10bb or so behind. We tussled for a long time, I got value a few times and got him low before for the first time I got some luck when I had A2s and we got it in on a flop with an overlord for me and the nut flush draw. He turned over QQ and we hit an A and then another to seal then win!

Nice boost before I leave the tables for a while.

I dropped a stack at cash mainly because i was in a bad and tilted mood, having my QQ busted to 1010 against an agro player and i should just have left. To be honest i used to be good at cash but i barely play it and i think i just play with an MTT attitude which is totally wrong. Ive done well because ive stayed away and i will again until i decide to exclusively play cash. Maybe in a challenge one month but im not sure, i love MTTs too much.

So in the Its a Flip comp my stats stand at this:

W6. L6.

Good luck all and see you maybe Sunday. I will be doing the Hull 10k on that day so let you all know my time. I run a 10k every week and average around 51 minutes but hoping to go sub 50 minutes. At 44 im happy with that, my last two runs have come in at 50:30 so im hopeful.
    Hi all,

Busy week on and off the tables. On Wednesday i had to leave work early because Harlie after not being herself for a few days quickly developed a rash and was told to call an ambulance. We had to wait four hours for her to get checked out but thankfully everything seemed ok and a hospital visit later confirmed this.

I was a bit hyper so played a couple of MTTs to try and chill. Played ok but made some mistakes near the end.

Had my Hull 10k run this morning and im super happy to report i put in my 2nd best ever run for a time of 49:05. Im suffering a bit now with some cramps and stiffness but was all worth it, well - maybe in a few days it will! I came 248/1676 so that has to be a cash, right?

Poker wise tonight played one £3 six max and won, got stacks going in the £2 and £7 but ran into AA in the first and then after a strong start lost couple of important pots - having to let go of 1010 on a low board to big aggression. I think i made a mistake but he did play it like AA/KK/QQ so im not sure. Then i ran into 1010 myself with 66 against a fish who limps every hand and i was isolating a bounty. For them to have 1010 was just unlucky. In the end i busted and the short stack tripled up with 44 with a rivered set.

Its a Flip as it stands.

9 - 7

@Asho28 and @Toffeeandy looking good for the wins.

Im surprised a lot of people went very high for this because getting into flips is quite hard! I guess you just think it happens way more than it does but it will be a small sample size of a month.

See you all tomorrow.

@Tikay10 - Could i have that £5 token for the 6:30pm BH please.
    A very weird night tonight. I played four MTTs and cashed in them all and made two FTs.

My 10/14 wins is now 10/16 though, which is a little annoying because of how it went.

I cashed for £40 in the FR which if corse i am happy about because the late stages are just such a **** shoot and indeed the guy who won had some serious 2 and 3 outer/ runner runner luck in the last two tables and onto the FT. I for one losing when well ahead and for a 2nd in chip pot.

The £2BH i had such a great start - winning a HUGE three way pot with a set v a FD and top pr. That gave me a huge chip lead early on but the only annoying thing is i got absolutely nothing afterwards, just maintaining with a few bluffs here and there and losing a few when running into some jams. That turned into gradually becoming part of the pack once in the money and finally losing JJ to K10.

£5BH - I pretty much coasted through with nothing much happening, took a nice decent pot and two heads and then lost KK v 105s and KK v AK. Near the bubble me AK v A10 got me mid table and from there i tried to get things going but just couldnt before losing KQ v A10. That bit was fine but even though in the night i won 3-2 in flips i lost EVERY 60/40. Every one.

The £7 BH was a roller coaster, i took a few heads and a cash. It was hard to keep track because i was playing four tables for so long it took so much concentration. I dont normally last that long in the FR for example with it being full of so many loose players. Or i bust in one of my others.

Very happy with the night though - a £80+ profit for it but a deep FT run and a win would have been so much sweeter.

Its a Flip:

12 - 9
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

@CraigSG1

Apologies Craig, I had a visitor for most of the last week & so have not been keeping up to date with the various Forum threads, and I missed your two requests for your Free Entry.

Let me know when you'd like it please & I'll pay attention this time. ;)
    Hi Tikay - no problem, will do.

Hi - bit annoyed at the moment. It has a lot to do with my play and mental discipline. I got off to a bad start and ran even worse which put me in a bad loop.

I kept running into huge hands, missing big draws and getting bad calls to good bluffs and made some bad calls myself.

In other news im amazed and chuffed at how England won the Test versus NZ today. Least ill get chance to watch some highlights tonight.

Its a Flip

12 - 10
    After last night wasn't sure i would play but im at work for the next three days so decided to. I decided to not play the £5 tonight because i was aiming for an earlier finish but did load a £2 6 max which i won so that was nice - it paid for my £7 BH in which i didnt get anything going and busted in a flip.

The FR went well for a long while but near the money i lost two flips in a row to bust.

The best i did was in the £2 BH - one that i may drop soon. For two reasons, the guarantee and field size keeps dropping and soon my girls bed time may shift. Its around 6pm at the moment.

I eventually bust about 8th and again lost a flip! 66 v AK. The stacks where pretty shallow and that would have been for a chip lead pot from a place of 6/8. Ah, well. 2/6 flips tonight.

Its a Flip

14 - 14
    Hi Craig, i have been avidly reading, it's great to read about the trials and tribulations of a fellow low roller, must agree we get called in some crazy spots and they hurt ! But i suppose thats the cost of playing at our stakes, keep grinding mate.

I will come back to you about SG :)

Good luck mate.

John