You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

trading standards

1235»

Comments

• MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,159
    I better take my tongue out of my cheek ....... you obviously don't understand what I'm saying , and my humour :/
  • TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    i think i can safely put that back at ya.....
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,148
    Now can you or anybody else explain to me how any of the following is abusing people who are vulnerable;-

Feeding the Hungry via a national foodbank scheme.

Helping the homeless with a help yourself selection of clothing, sleeping bags, toiletries and a pop up cafe.

Helping those in debt get back on track by arranging D.R.O s and other legal means to write off crippling debt.

Providing "stay and play" pre school clubs staffed by fully DBSd people.

Providing a referral scheme for those with addiction problems.

Liasing with providers of emergency shelter for victims of abuse.

Making sure people are available to listen to those who need a non judgmental ear.

Right now I simply ask you to answer the question and when you can't or wont then people will see it's you who steadfastly refuses to back up your opinions.

I actually think that you are the one with all the stability of a blancmange in an earthquake, clinging precariously to reality as your egomaniaical personality is laid bare.

You make statements you dont back up.

You insult people but play the victim.

You refuse to listen to anybody.

You refuse to answer questions

Oh and as for my favourite Christian trait, that would be compassion and forgiveness for those who don't deserve it.

See it's easy to answer questions, why don't you try it. You might actually surprise people.

Oh and welcome to the spellchecker B.S.club. So we can add hypocrite to your list of failings as you have previously criticised others for that.

edited June 2022
    Hows it being hypocritical, im just giving the stupidity of spellcheck back at those who like to use it as an actual main reason to comment! Its called sarcasm.

I dont play the victim, i merely point out i give it back purely as it was christians and the likes who decided to verbally attack their fellow man out of nowhere. I was the victim of this, but just pointing it out, not bothered, not playing anything.

I refuse to listen to anybody? Im not listening to you, the same as you refuse to listen to me, even though i originally backed my claims up with screenshots (why would i even have these?) but the stella artios riddled kapowblamz got really angry. So i gave up.

Honestly thought poker people would find it at least interesting, but was met with some very weird abuse.....

Apparently your self-absorbed 'diary' is a better topic for this sad little group of virtual 'friends'. You didnt like Cammy having the limelight with his struggles, so did one yourself... about absolutely nothing other than your quite dull life! And you say im the one with the 'egomaniacal personality'!!!

I answered any poker related questions quite politely to those who politely asked. Its still there. I dont of course answer silly De Niro related questions and ones where CammyKaze asked how old i was as i knew he had a derogatory answer set up depending on what i put up, thinking he was clever.

Oh and the big list of 'good things' done by the church? Well lets just say Jimmy Saville had a similar CV didnt he where he had done countless stuff for good causes.... but as we all know, its simply not good enough to list these when theres a whole load of unacceptable stuff that goes alongside it.....

• Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    What's stella artios?
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited June 2022
    TheWaddy said:

the stella artios riddled kapowblamz got really angry.

I drink about 5 times a year. What are you banging on about?

Try and make friends rather than just arguing every time you speak, and constantly looking to hit low blows. It's such a horrible trait and you probably have low self esteem. That's not a dig, just an obversation. I might be wrong. Cool.

I'm not going to argue with you because I have better things to do, but I hope next time I visit this thread you are not accusing me of alcoholism or anything else, because it's not true and it's out of order, so please don't talk ****.
  • stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,629
    Kinda6677 said:

What's stella artios?

The bloke who owns the Greek restaurant up Hanley ,well , it's his mum
    Well now you really have shown yourself for the ignorant 4rse that everybody thinks you are.

I have posted several diaries over the last few years but the main one was about a poker challenge and ran for several months detailing poker and for humour stories from the doors.

A question raised by @Tikay10 about how I found my faith and my response led to a brilliant selection of posts where forum members opened up about their own struggles with both addiction and mental health issues.

There was a lot of mutual support and empathy and general kindness floating around.

Since then i have done a diary detailing a walk all over cancer challenge which raised over £1,000 for CRUK and a Great Wall of China cycle challenge which got partly suspended after a RTA left me with a back injury and although that challenge is still underway its not regular enough yet to make a diary a regular thing.

Currently the one I'm doing is simply a life observation whilst trying not to go bust thing but again its not a regular must do each day jobbie.

As for being self absorbed I suggest you actually read these as most of the time I'm self effacing, taking the pi55 out of myself and trying to laugh at lifes absurdities.

Oh and if you're trying to compare me with Jimmy Saville I suggest that you tread very carefully. People may start to think you're a nasty little man.
    edited June 2022
    So glad 2 of the gang were straight on the spellcheck of stella artois, you didnt let me down.

I love the way TheEdge trys to make out over and over ive said something he knows only too well i havent. Did i really compare you personally to Jimmy Saville? Did I? Or did i say the church? Really not a Christian trait to whip up hatred by spreading lies!

You're the nasty little man, as with many, trying to cover it up with the smokescreen of christianity. Its why you turned to it in the first place. Tikay surely didnt have to ask how you found your faith? Its almost always 3 choices really.... drink, drugs or in prison.

This is not a nasty comment... there is absolutely no reason for someone to find faith out of the blue unless they are unhappy of who they are and what they represent in life.

If you consider yourself a good person and like what you are, give me one good reason why someone with no previous religious background would suddenly wake up one day and choose to go down that route, completely out the blue?

Thats why we get the Harry Enfield DJ's 'does a lot for charity, doesnt like to talk about it'... you like to hear the 'oh well done Mark', convinces you you're a great guy despite the anger issues.

*Kapowblamz, the stella comment was in reference to its reputation for bringing out the bad side of people. Your opening comments were extremely angry, over a card game discussion... and continued to be way over the top with anger filled content. Hence, hes been on the Stella again..... If your intense anger over such a lame subject was not down to alcohol and just the every day way u are, i apologise.

*StokeFc, Kinda6677 Interesting to note i got the Spellcheck, but Kapowblamz didnt for his 'obversation'.... are we not going to be fair or are you just selectively nitpicking!?? Surely not....
    Absolute proof that you are a bile filled hatemonger with no regard for anybody other than your own pitiful sense of entitlement.

You bang on about your 3 reasons for finding God, drink, drugs and prison, whilst failing spectacularly to consider the many alternatives.

I have never been in prison, dabbled occasionally with recreational drugs when I was younger and had been free from alcohol dependency for 2 years before I found God, so you can take that blinkered view and insert it into the part of the body you talk through.

Couch it whatever terms you like but anybody with a modicum of intelligence can see the inference with your Jimmy Saville reference.

I do not do things for a "Well done Mark" or for any other form of praise, God sees what I do and that's enough for me. Also as I'm a flawed human he sees all my faults, my sin and my poor choices and that's the scary part.

I don't know why you feel so threatened by something you don't believe in and your desire to only associate it with addiction, prison, abuse and the like is interesting.

Did that happen to you, especially as two generations of your family preached? I can only assume that they preached because they had a love for God in their heart or were they looking to take advantage of the vulnerable?

Normally I wouldn't stray into that territory but as you opened that can of worms then I think it's a fair question.

I personally think that trying to improve lives for the better is a great thing. I wonder why you don't.

This is my last post on here as I feel that this is in danger of degenerating into places that it's best not to visit, feel free to troll, it's fine, I bear you no malice.

May God bless you. May his countenance shine upon you and give you peace. Amen.

Its his final post ..... again.....

My grandfather and father were born into it, there is a big difference. A lot of people are brought up that way and have little choice. I am of course, talking about those who 'find God' in their midlife. Give me one good reason (you say there are many) for someone to do that other than the 3 reasons.

You , yourself just ticked off two of them.

You have just made another classic Edge 'i feel this is in danger of degenerating into places that is best not to visit'..... praise the lord! Not like Max Cady at all.

Hatemonger? You like to use the phrase that i am 'playing the victim'. Its still there in black and white for reference... i was a victim to you and your friends rounding and stoning of me, just for my poker experiences. You joined in on that, shame on you and your 'beliefs'.

I was also a victim in my post of being suspended, where @Tikay10 made a comment that many of you took to be me lying about it. He stood back and watched with glee as i was called a 'liar and an attention seeker'....he had the opportunity to put things right as he knows you rely on every word he says, but he didnt. That is not 'playing the victim', i was the victim.

If after those 2 events, my chat has not been exactly as friendly as you would like, maybe you would like to consider why that possibly might be! There is only hate going in one direction and created at one end, but i will stand up for myself.

If you really dont get the Saville reference, you listed the good things the church does and how can that be a bad thing.... Saville could have matched that list with the good he did and would say the same..... trouble is they both miss out the part where they abuse that trust that is gained through the many good things that they have done.
  • Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    I didnt comment on the 'obversation' , mainly because it was posted after my comment. Predicting what others will say in the future is not one of my strong points, hope you understand that, thewaddy.
    edited June 2022
    @TheWaddy

I know quite a few people who 'found God' when they realise they're a lot closer to 'maybe' meeting him, than they were..... and they had none of your three categories/reasons

EDIT: The main one being when they get a Cancer diagnosis :/
    .......I must admit though you are right about one of your categories finding God T'Waddy.

The amount of people I've heard crying out 'Oh GOD' down the big white telephone in the bathroom, after a heavy session on the STELLA amazes me o:):D
    MISTY4ME said:

.......I must admit though you are right about one of your categories finding God T'Waddy.

The amount of people I've heard crying out 'Oh GOD' down the big white telephone in the bathroom, after a heavy session on the STELLA amazes me o:):D

It was originally brewed by Monks in Belgium.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486

MISTY4ME said:

It was originally brewed by Monks in Belgium.
    Sorry Mark, I have it on good Authority it's manufactured in Battersea Dogs & Cats Home. Hair of the Dog tastes like Cats Pi $$
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    Is that a good or bad thing? Sorry I've never sampled ye olde cat pee :)
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    If your an Alkie Frolic it's Nectar if connoisseur poison.