You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Return of 68Trebor

1394041424345»

Comments

• 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

In my last 30 cash sessions I have made a profit in 22 of them. They have all been at 10nl and it means that my bankroll now stands at £496. Tonight I take the step up to mixing in some 20nl and will continue this either until my Bankroll falls below £400, at which point I return to 10nl, or I get to £750 in which case I start adding 30nl. I do feel I have really seen my cash game move on in the last couple of months and feel very confident at the 10nl tables. Wish me luck at the 20nl tables.
    Spent the entire day in the garden today, weeding, mowing and cutting back. Tomorrow is all about preparing for my sister and her husband coming to stop for a few nights from Friday and I am really looking forward to seeing her. Plan a visit to Yorkshire Sculpture Park on Saturday and then off out for tea on Sunday. In her situation we can't really plan anything to taxing but want to give her a weekend to remember and I know she will be happy just to be somewhere different so a lot of the time will just be spent sitting and chatting.
    Finished watching Ozark and would highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet. Now on the lookout for a new series to watch. Watched most of the classic series - Breaking Bad, Billionaire, Walking Dead, Dexter, Line of Duty, Homeland, Top Boy, Killing Eve, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders. Any suggestions greatly received.
    Nice to see @markycash win a trip to Vegas last week, well deserved.

Bankroll £496.
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    68Trebor said:

In my last 30 cash sessions I have made a profit in 22 of them. They have all been at 10nl and it means that my bankroll now stands at £496. Tonight I take the step up to mixing in some 20nl and will continue this either until my Bankroll falls below £400, at which point I return to 10nl, or I get to £750 in which case I start adding 30nl. I do feel I have really seen my cash game move on in the last couple of months and feel very confident at the 10nl tables. Wish me luck at the 20nl tables.
    Spent the entire day in the garden today, weeding, mowing and cutting back. Tomorrow is all about preparing for my sister and her husband coming to stop for a few nights from Friday and I am really looking forward to seeing her. Plan a visit to Yorkshire Sculpture Park on Saturday and then off out for tea on Sunday. In her situation we can't really plan anything to taxing but want to give her a weekend to remember and I know she will be happy just to be somewhere different so a lot of the time will just be spent sitting and chatting.
    Finished watching Ozark and would highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet. Now on the lookout for a new series to watch. Watched most of the classic series - Breaking Bad, Billionaire, Walking Dead, Dexter, Line of Duty, Homeland, Top Boy, Killing Eve, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders. Any suggestions greatly received.
    Nice to see @markycash win a trip to Vegas last week, well deserved.

Bankroll £496.

Thanks Trebor and GL at 20nl!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810
    edited May 2022
    "Watched most of the classic series - Breaking Bad, Billionaire, Walking Dead, Dexter, Line of Duty, Homeland, Top Boy, Killing Eve, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders."

I'd never watched any of these - or anything similar - until I was recently persuaded, against my better judgement - to watch Breaking Bad. (About 14 years after everyone else). Watched S1, Ep1 & thought it was utter rubbish. Am currently up to S5, Ep 4.....

Really like the character of Saul Goodman, so I guess I'll have to watch Better Call Saul next.

Normally I only watch Live sport & rock concerts/documentaries, so it's a new departure for me. Not enough hours in the day, are there?
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Tikay10 said:

"Watched most of the classic series - Breaking Bad, Billionaire, Walking Dead, Dexter, Line of Duty, Homeland, Top Boy, Killing Eve, Game of Thrones, Peaky Blinders."

I'd never watched any of these - or anything similar - until I was recently persuaded, against my better judgement - to watch Breaking Bad. (About 14 years after everyone else). Watched S1, Ep1 & thought it was utter rubbish. Am currently up to S5, Ep 4.....

Really like the character of Saul Goodman, so I guess I'll have to watch Better Call Saul next.

Normally I only watch Live sport & rock concerts/documentaries, so it's a new departure for me. Not enough hours in the day, are there?

Better Call Saul is brilliant although very different from Breaking Bad. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite from the 2.

"Normally I only watch live rock concerts" That line will stick with me :smiley:

Quick poker update after the last 2 nights trying the 20nl tables.
    Last night played for an hour and lost £34, felt out of my depth and had a feeling I would soon be back at 10nl.
    Tonight played for two hours and posted a profit of £74, easy game 20nl, should of moved up levels weeks ago.
    Spent £5.40 on Main event all-ins and £7.20 on the Main LR Semi. Won £2 in Eliminator Freeroll.
    Probably won't be playing next few days as I spend time with sister and her other half.
    Villa have bought another top quality player in defender Diego Carlos from Sevilla. Heard rumours that Dirk Kuyt was spotted at Birmingham Airport. Only worry is the link of Michael Beale to the QPR manager's role. Think he would be a big miss to Gerrard and hoping this doesn't happen. Wonder who will be through the door tomorrow - Tarky, Suarez, Kuyt?

Bankroll £525.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    edited May 2022
    68Trebor said:

Quick poker update after the last 2 nights trying the 20nl tables.
    Last night played for an hour and lost £34, felt out of my depth and had a feeling I would soon be back at 10nl.
    Tonight played for two hours and posted a profit of £74, easy game 20nl, should of moved up levels weeks ago.
    Spent £5.40 on Main event all-ins and £7.20 on the Main LR Semi. Won £2 in Eliminator Freeroll.
    Probably won't be playing next few days as I spend time with sister and her other half.
    Villa have bought another top quality player in defender Diego Carlos from Sevilla. Heard rumours that Dirk Kuyt was spotted at Birmingham Airport. Only worry is the link of Michael Beale to the QPR manager's role. Think he would be a big miss to Gerrard and hoping this doesn't happen. Wonder who will be through the door tomorrow - Tarky, Suarez, Kuyt?

Bankroll £525.

Going to sound a note of caution in relation to Villa.

Last season you looked like you had some interesting signings. In the first half of the season you spent about £90 million on transfer fees on Buendia, Bailey & Ings, plus Ashley Young. They all appear to have 1 thing in common-none of them appear to be in Gerrard's starting 11.

Despite adding Digne and Coutinho in 2022, you still finished 14th-closer to relegation than Europe, both in points and places. In 2022 you beat 1 Top 10 team-Brighton.

Hope it will be a big season for Villa fans. But will definitely be a key season for your Manager. Because it is not yet happening for him on the pitch.

Big news on the poker front. I am going to become a Twitch Streamer. I am all set up and ready to go and have had a couple of practice runs. I am on Twitch as 68Trebor so if you want to give me a follow please feel free. I won't be having set streaming days but will hope to do it 3 or 4 times a week. My original plan is to focus on SkyPoker and then see where we end up. Will be 4-tabling to start with and expect and appreciate any feedback in the stream or on here. Looking like my first proper night will be Thursday so any support would be appreciated.
    I have been playing a few MTT's on Party without much to write home about, although I have satted into the WCOAP #11 8 Max $75k Gtd 2 Day Event which starts on Sunday night and will be part of that night's stream.
    Loving work and the new home/work balance it has given me. We are now heading out of peak and my days are made up of being in the sun, with hose pipe, chatting to some lovely people and petting some even lovelier dogs. Saw one today that was the absolute spit of Willow. Now we all see dogs that look like ours but today's was like a mirror image.
    Everyone seems to be on holiday at the moment, daughter just returned from Barcelona, son currently in Spain, loads at work away. Only 8 weeks to go, not that we are counting.
    Really excited for the footie season and think Villa could be the real deal this season. Got some amazing senior players now and some even better youth coming through. Cameron Archer has to be included in our first team squad, an absolute goal machine and then to see the England U19 midfield is basically the Villa Youth midfield was unreal. Having lost Beale to QPR, (GET YOUR MONEY ON THEM NOW - They will be taking a lot of our promising youngsters on loan) we have only gone and replaced him with a championship manager in Neil Critchley. Amazing bit of business. I do think this Premier League could be very competitive around European qualification with Spurs definitely on the move, Villa and Newcastle spending money. Think Man City will walk away with it this year and expect Haaland to be Golden Boot and Grealish to have a far bigger impact. Can see Spurs challenging Liverpool for second and then it could be a battle between Chelsea and Arsenal for 4th. That will leave Man Utd, Newcastle, West Ham and Villa battling the other European spots. Think Leicester may have had their time, Wolves will struggle to match last year.
    See you Thursday!!!!

Me and Willow on our morning walk.
    Got to love Yorkshire on a summer morning!

What a gorgeous scene.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,958
    Tikay10 said:

What a gorgeous scene.

True.
    But it could do with more Willow in it.

Going to be a strange Prem season, what with the World Cup running through the middle of it.

For me, it is Man City/Liverpool for 1st/2nd. Think Chelsea will fall back to the next group, which will probably include Spurs and 1 other. Likeliest Arsenal, but could also be Man U/West Ham/Newcastle/Villa.

Agree that the other Midlands clubs will fall back, leaving Villa as top dog there. Man U look to me like they've got the wrong man in charge-exactly how many Ajax/former Ajax players does he want to bring in? Fear that will end in tears.

Should be an interesting season to be a Villa fan-good luck
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

What a gorgeous scene.

True.
    But it could do with more Willow in it.

Going to be a strange Prem season, what with the World Cup running through the middle of it.

For me, it is Man City/Liverpool for 1st/2nd. Think Chelsea will fall back to the next group, which will probably include Spurs and 1 other. Likeliest Arsenal, but could also be Man U/West Ham/Newcastle/Villa.

Agree that the other Midlands clubs will fall back, leaving Villa as top dog there. Man U look to me like they've got the wrong man in charge-exactly how many Ajax/former Ajax players does he want to bring in? Fear that will end in tears.

Should be an interesting season to be a Villa fan-good luck

As requested, from this afternoon’s walk

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    Tikay10 said:

I actually prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad

Great character
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,240
    Sorry to say that I have only just read this diary - my loss, it is a great read. I shall avidly follow it from here on in. Nice writing Sir.
    TVSpice said:

Sorry to say that I have only just read this diary - my loss, it is a great read. I shall avidly follow it from here on in. Nice writing Sir.

@TVSpice

Yes, a lovely read, but be warned, he's an avid Villa fan.
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,240
    Tikay10 said:

TVSpice said:

@TVSpice

Yes, a lovely read, but be warned, he's an avid Villa fan.
    Yes, gathered that @Tikay10 but he has our old boy in charge so not all bad!

So its been over a year since the last post at which point I was excited about starting out streaming on Twitch, Gerrard was the saviour of Villa, I was General Manager at the local Dobbies garden centre and all was well in the world.
    Now due to the powers that be at Twitch we are no longer able to stream, so back by popular demand, well at least 2 people mentioned it, is 'The Return of 68Trebor'
    We will be talking the usual drivel about football, work, Willow and anything else that catches our attention with a few photos thrown in for good measure. Oh and we might mention the odd bit of poker. We will be monitoring our bankroll, continuing the Twitch challenge of £500 to £5,000 with us currently sat at £1,051.
    The poker will mainly focus around SkyPoker with all the usual buy ins at £11 and under with the odd bigger buy-in thrown in. The big aim at the moment is qualifying for SPT Manchester.
    Gerrard came and went and the real saviour arrived in the form of Mr Unai Emery, a proper football manager. Despite an horrific start to the season with injuries I really wouldn't bet against us winning the European Conference League whilst securing a Top 6 finish. Jacob Ramsey and Alex Moreno coming back will make a huge difference and my only real concern would be a lengthy injury to Watkins, but with Diaby and Zaniolo now on the books it might not be such an issue as a month ago.
    I have renewed my season ticket at Emley AFC and we have had a decent start to the season, sitting only 3 points off second in a very congested top half of the North East Counties Premier League, into the second round of the FA Vase and perhaps most exciting of all have a forthcoming 2nd qualifying round in the FA Cup away at Mossley. For those not up to date with The FA Cup Qualifying process we have already come through 3 preliminary ties and the 1st qualifying round. We need to get through qualifying rounds 2, 3 and 4 before we enter the FA Cup 1st Round and the prospect of a Division 1 or Division 2 club. Imagine Wrexham at home!!!!
    I am no longer General Manager at Dobbies having come to the decision there is more to life than money and work. I finished on 7th July, having given a generous five months notice. I am now in the process of finding a less demanding role where work is work and home is home. I have secured one position and am waiting to hear from another, more preferred role, by the end of the week. I am very fortunate, although I have worked my B******s off for the past 35 years to be able to take this backward step when it comes to work life.
    What this has meant is a summer off and with our lass working in a school we have managed a couple of trips to Exmouth, a week in Northumberland, a week in The Dales and a one week cruise around the Med. We have a few other trips in the diary with Exmouth this weekend coming, caravan at Mablethorpe for a weekend in a couple of weeks, Bulgaria end of October to see friends, skiing in January and hopefully a trip to Manchester September 23rd. The reason for the frequent trips to Exmouth is due to my Father passing in October, 92 years young and a very short period of ill health, so the best we could hope for in the end. It has left us with a house to maintain whilst we try to sell it, something we have hopefully achieved this week.
    Willow is well and still enjoys squirrel chasing and sleeping. Unbelievably she is now 5+ years, where does time go!!!
    Any questions, feel free to ask and say hello if you see me on the tables.

Bankroll £1,051.

"So its been over a year since the last post at which point I was excited about starting out streaming on Twitch, Gerrard was the saviour of Villa, I was General Manager at the local Dobbies garden centre and all was well in the world."

A lot can happen in a year, eh?

Welcome back, though I'm sorry that it's currently at the expense of the Twitch stream.

No luck last night in the SPT satellite, I see.

Can barely believe Willow is 5.

Prediction time; top 6 in the Premier League at the end of the season please.