You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In heads up SNG's, should we be able to have the decision whether to play the game or decline?

TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
There are players for my own reasons, i really dont want to play, but have to if i sit first. Im sure many dont want to play me for instance. Surely we should have a choice. Afterall, we would in the real world.

In heads up SNG's, should we be able to have the decision whether to play the game or decline? 51 votes

Yes, we should have a facility of whether to accept
13% 7 votes
No, we should have to play whoever sits
86% 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    Im loving the poll results all for no choice! For absolutely no reason other than you think its the opposite to what i think!

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Your ego is ridiculous.

Clogging up the lobbies with regs that don't want to play each other has been a long-term problem. Giving the open sitters the option to decline would only make that worse. You have to earn the right to own the lobby, which means you have to be willing to play anybody.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    Bean81 said:

Your ego is ridiculous.

Clogging up the lobbies with regs that don't want to play each other has been a long-term problem. Giving the open sitters the option to decline would only make that worse. You have to earn the right to own the lobby, which means you have to be willing to play anybody.

Exactly this.

There needs to be a balance between looking after the high volume players, and looking after the purely recreational players.

It is very easy to choose your opponents-but that necessitates being 2nd in. Not 1st. That's the balance-right there. Play all-comers, or miss many of the weaker players.

In addition, Sky has fairly antiquated software. It would not want to accommodate 6 HU single players at every level who did not want to play anybody unless they were deemed sufficiently weak.

Increasingly, poker sites take steps to protect new players, for example by anonymising players or banning winning players at micro stakes.

It's nothing to do with people disliking you. And everything to do with your idea is not a good one. For the site, that is. Can see the benefit for you.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    TheWaddy said:

Im loving the poll results all for no choice! For absolutely no reason other than you think its the opposite to what i think!

So you accuse people of doing the opposite to you of doing the opposite to you because they want to do the opposite of you.

You truly are two steps ahead of your own shadow.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Wouldnt it be great if this forum wasnt 'clogged up with regs', like the lobbies. What if a player wants to try out heads up, but there is always just the best reg there, waiting like a spider in its web.
    So he sits at another table... but the spider drops in....
    This is not 'to benefit me', actually it could be very much against me, as in the above example.
    I personally think more would play, if they could reject certain players.

No idea why this comes down to 'my ego', but maybe the moderator will open his eyes more in the future when a perfectly reasonable poll question is met with immediate hostility...
  • Options
    What about a player that has previously said to me 'i hope your children die in a car crash'? Do i really have to be forced to play this person again regulary, or wouldnt it be good if i could reject that?
    Apparently i should be made to, so personally i think there is a lot to consider in forcing players to play such people.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    you log on first you take your chance ... you want to choose log on last. simple !
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    There's no hostility , people have given reasonable explanations as to why the first choice in your poll is not feasable but as usual you take it the wrong way , they maybe right they maybe wrong .
    What i find strange is why you go on and on about something out of your control what do you aim to achieve ? ..Nowts gonna change here on Sky Poker so it's you who has to adapt , what are you gonna do about it ?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,631
    TheWaddy said:

What about a player that has previously said to me 'i hope your children die in a car crash'? Do i really have to be forced to play this person again regulary, or wouldnt it be good if i could reject that?
    Apparently i should be made to, so personally i think there is a lot to consider in forcing players to play such people.

if players are resorting to abuse in chat you have two options you can report them or you can ignore it.

with regards to sit and goes, every sit and go on every poker site that I have ever seen starts when all players are registered. a six max game starts when six players are registered, a two man game starts when 2 players are registered. having a model where anyone can unregister if they dont like playing their opponent or opponents would be difficult to work and would result in mass game selection it would be difficult to ever get games going.

with this model effectively better players then me would seek to sit me potentially whilst weaker players would avoid me. This is nothing special about me this would apply to everyone. games would never run or would run far less often.

you know you waste far too much energy on all these things. constantly suspecting some sort of weird rig or complaining about this or that been unfair.

Here is the truth the vast majority of winning regs who tell you that you are wrong when you claim rigged or whatever else are not statistically qualified to know for sure would not even know how to check and are just saying what they reckon.

That may make you think that you have some sort of high ground or your right but heres another fact a lot of those regs make good money from the game, better then most of them could make from a day job. Instead of complaining they put work into their game, most professional players who earn over 30k a year that I have spoken to at some point get frustrated with bad luck or even suspect something not right at some point. Yet they study or play more and continue and make decent money.

You on the other hand complain and cry rig and continue to make a measly profit, risking eventually getting yourself banned under responsible gambling.

You know I have put quite a bit of work into push fold ranges, limp shove ranges limp call ranges min raise call ofvs fold ranges etc etc for spin and goes.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it can get when it seems all that work is for nothing? when people over fold or over call and clearly have no idea what they are doing but beat me time and time again and I know they getting it wrong and I am getting it right but they call me the fish and laugh?

I could lose my **** and write four page essays claiming a rig and whinging, yet here is the thing, on any analysis on any reasonable sample size I come out showing a profit? why because it feels **** when you lose 15 spin and goes in a row but it feels awesome when I look and see that out of the last 100 I have won very close to 50%.

note I am not claiming to win 50% of spin and goes that would be a lie for anyone claiming that at any stakes it is not doable. my point is I have good runs and bad runs and some of my runs are very good and very hot and some are very bad and it averages out at about 38% which is a good win rate in spin and goes.

what I have found is the more I study the better my results get. the more I leave it the more they stagnate or even degrade.

there are ways to game select, and there are ways to improve both can result in much higher profits if you put the right work into these areas.

you can complain until you eventually get banned or worse continue to play for decades with minimal results and complaining and getting worked up, or you can apply yourself in the right ways and actually get decent results.

• Options
    Half way through a game you don't like how they're playing .... mummy I want out
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

if players are resorting to abuse in chat you have two options you can report them or you can ignore it.

with regards to sit and goes, every sit and go on every poker site that I have ever seen starts when all players are registered. a six max game starts when six players are registered, a two man game starts when 2 players are registered. having a model where anyone can unregister if they dont like playing their opponent or opponents would be difficult to work and would result in mass game selection it would be difficult to ever get games going.

with this model effectively better players then me would seek to sit me potentially whilst weaker players would avoid me. This is nothing special about me this would apply to everyone. games would never run or would run far less often.

you know you waste far too much energy on all these things. constantly suspecting some sort of weird rig or complaining about this or that been unfair.

Here is the truth the vast majority of winning regs who tell you that you are wrong when you claim rigged or whatever else are not statistically qualified to know for sure would not even know how to check and are just saying what they reckon.

That may make you think that you have some sort of high ground or your right but heres another fact a lot of those regs make good money from the game, better then most of them could make from a day job. Instead of complaining they put work into their game, most professional players who earn over 30k a year that I have spoken to at some point get frustrated with bad luck or even suspect something not right at some point. Yet they study or play more and continue and make decent money.

You on the other hand complain and cry rig and continue to make a measly profit, risking eventually getting yourself banned under responsible gambling.

You know I have put quite a bit of work into push fold ranges, limp shove ranges limp call ranges min raise call ofvs fold ranges etc etc for spin and goes.

Do you have any idea how frustrating it can get when it seems all that work is for nothing? when people over fold or over call and clearly have no idea what they are doing but beat me time and time again and I know they getting it wrong and I am getting it right but they call me the fish and laugh?

I could lose my **** and write four page essays claiming a rig and whinging, yet here is the thing, on any analysis on any reasonable sample size I come out showing a profit? why because it feels **** when you lose 15 spin and goes in a row but it feels awesome when I look and see that out of the last 100 I have won very close to 50%.

note I am not claiming to win 50% of spin and goes that would be a lie for anyone claiming that at any stakes it is not doable. my point is I have good runs and bad runs and some of my runs are very good and very hot and some are very bad and it averages out at about 38% which is a good win rate in spin and goes.

what I have found is the more I study the better my results get. the more I leave it the more they stagnate or even degrade.

there are ways to game select, and there are ways to improve both can result in much higher profits if you put the right work into these areas.

you can complain until you eventually get banned or worse continue to play for decades with minimal results and complaining and getting worked up, or you can apply yourself in the right ways and actually get decent results.

Fortunately you don’t do this and like to keep things concise and to the point
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    The second post is you saying that the voting is going against you because it's you asking the question. That's clearly an ego issue.

I agree that it would be nice to play some recs at HUSNG and it sucks for players and the sites when it's just regs controlling the lobbies. Those regs have often worked hard for that privilege, but it does mean the games rarely run and the recs get run out of town quickly. Same goes for HU cash. Your proposal (wish list) is not the solution to a very old problem for sites and players.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Doubleme said:

TheWaddy said:

Fortunately you don’t do this and like to keep things concise and to the point
    lol good one but that is concise and to the point to me and it was only 666 words or a page and third not a four page essay.
  • Options
    I didnt realise an honest poll which could potentially improve players experiences could bring up so many comments on my character and slates on my ability :#
  • Options
    If you don't like lunch don't trap it.....

• Options
    TheWaddy said:

I didnt realise an honest poll which could potentially improve players experiences could bring up so many comments on my character and slates on my ability :#

the world can be a tough place and many people face tough challenges, the poker ecosystem a product of the world is not too different from that. Unfortunately it is much easier to adapt to the world or the poker ecosystem then try to change it.

• Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    The lobbies would just be clogged with tens of bum-hunters at all stake levels just freerolling accepting a challenge from a name they don't recognise. If you aren't good enough to open sit a certain stake without regs coming for your lobbies you need to get better or play smaller. Also makes zero sense from a business perspective as less games would run. If the reason you want to decline is because you think the site is rigged in favour of certain players that's just an individual mental game issue that is more of a personal problem over something that should affect anybody else.
    Holding lobbies should be and will always be based on merit, it doesn't get any more fair than somebody issuing an open invitation to literally anybody who is willing to challenge them.
    On a personal level I would really like to see the heads up cash lobbies have a minimum hand requirement when somebody joins the table. It could never be implemented on sky but bumhunting is so rife in the games and some of the weak regs don't leave when you join their lobbies so block tables from potentially running.
  • Options
    I think the amount of votes on this (16) and the usual tea club contributions, all having the same predictable opinion as each other (and indeed throwing a few put downs in), kind of tells people not to bother with the forum!

I personally, would click 'decline' to just 2 players... one for unacceptable comments and the other who just has some kind of ability to get whatever card he needs when inexplicably calling. Regs would not sit there all day refusing to play, they sit long enough with no game already and are there to make money.

It would just allow players to refuse games with those they highly dislike and those who you suspect are not playing fair. Sites are not willing to look into such things themselves, so would just bring a bit of confidence and nicer environment for the players.

The forum is a lost cause of course, for player confidence and environment... and thats why the only contributions are severely limited to the same people.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    Your commitment to trolling is admirable waddy, if you put as much time into studying poker as you do to working out how to get the most bites on a forum you would probably hold every husng lobby on the site
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I think the amount of votes on this (16) and the usual tea club contributions, all having the same predictable opinion as each other (and indeed throwing a few put downs in), kind of tells people not to bother with the forum!

I personally, would click 'decline' to just 2 players... one for unacceptable comments and the other who just has some kind of ability to get whatever card he needs when inexplicably calling. Regs would not sit there all day refusing to play, they sit long enough with no game already and are there to make money.

It would just allow players to refuse games with those they highly dislike and those who you suspect are not playing fair. Sites are not willing to look into such things themselves, so would just bring a bit of confidence and nicer environment for the players.

The forum is a lost cause of course, for player confidence and environment... and thats why the only contributions are severely limited to the same people.

There are these annoying hairs on the side of my ear I mean I don't think they are noticeable to people that look at me but it feels uncomfortable when I figit with my ear. This has annoyed me for some time but cant get to it properly with scissors, I dont know why I mention it here I just thought it may be more productive then trying to make any coherent rational points to the @TheWaddy