You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

In heads up SNG's, should we be able to have the decision whether to play the game or decline?

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Here he is. The accountant. Congratulating EssexPhil on his ICM question answer. Asking me my hourly, playing £1 and £2 HU hi lo SNG's.

You know what, its such small fry stuff, its not something i have a spreadsheet on?

Whatttt, no spreadsheet i hear the accountant cry!

• Options
    I played 3 £2 games against a player this morning, who in those games, on 42 occasions we had decent pots with him needing a river card to even split.... and most of the chases were just to split..... just the worst calling, chasing half pots heads up....

I lost all 3 games.

I can only go with what the maths is telling me, not angry Jac from Scotland.....
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    TheWaddy said:

I played 3 £2 games against a player this morning, who in those games, on 42 occasions we had decent pots with him needing a river card to even split.... and most of the chases were just to split..... just the worst calling, chasing half pots heads up....

I lost all 3 games.

I can only go with what the maths is telling me, not angry Jac from Scotland.....

No anger
    Just pity 😊
  • Options
    Its a little baffling to when some of you go into the maths of quads happening, the ins and outs of ICM, etc.... the game is all about the maths afterall..... yet when you are presented with extreme cases of maths improbability of something happening over and over again, you say im an idiot to even question it.....

I mean, do you guys take notice of the maths or not? Why believe in the maths of the game, only to ignore what online decks are absolutely telling you?

And not only that, tell someone they are an idiot for just simply pointing out what absolutely everyone ultimately sees themselves? And if they really dont, i put up plenty of examples.....

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    Logic fail 207:

Doesn't think a quid per hour from a freeroll is worth it. Makes £1-£2 per hour from playing HUSNG.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    TheWaddy said:

Its a little baffling to when some of you go into the maths of quads happening, the ins and outs of ICM, etc.... the game is all about the maths afterall..... yet when you are presented with extreme cases of maths improbability of something happening over and over again, you say im an idiot to even question it.....

I mean, do you guys take notice of the maths or not? Why believe in the maths of the game, only to ignore what online decks are absolutely telling you?

And not only that, tell someone they are an idiot for just simply pointing out what absolutely everyone ultimately sees themselves? And if they really dont, i put up plenty of examples.....

The answer is your comprehension of standard deviation and your confirmation bias.

The baffling part is that this, in a roundabout way, has been communicated to you over and over again, yet it is either going straight over your head, or you are choosing to ignore it.

This is not some jolly boys tea party that you seem to think. The difference between your opinion and most of everyone else's is that one side is comprehending these things, and the other isn't.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,761
    @TheWaddy

A thought that sometimes makes me hazy: Am I - or are the others crazy? - by Albert Einstein.
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

The answer is your comprehension of standard deviation and your confirmation bias.

The baffling part is that this, in a roundabout way, has been communicated to you over and over again, yet it is either going straight over your head, or you are choosing to ignore it.

This is not some jolly boys tea party that you seem to think. The difference between your opinion and most of everyone else's is that one side is comprehending these things, and the other isn't.
    I dont believe anyone came up with anything on why 888 managed 400+ wins on the run, via 3 of a kind or better when all in preflop against the short stack? Please communicate it to me, im listening!

One of you said that was mathematically impossible, so i must have been lying... that was the answer you boys came up with.... i wasnt, so where does that leave us to how it happened?
  • Options
    Bean81 said:

Logic fail 207:

Doesn't think a quid per hour from a freeroll is worth it. Makes £1-£2 per hour from playing HUSNG.

i do believe you are some kind of robot, with no appreciation for anything except accounting.... even your 'Logic fail 207' code error, backs this up!

1 I dont play hold em anymore...2 its a hold em tournament.... 3 all in early stages with strong hands will either set u up for a cash or you can get on with your night, which includes other things other than poker.4 I find it rather tedious as you see hand after hand of 2 3 beating KK and the likes, as there is freaking loads of them.

I would imagine anything other than the figures and not personal things then its going to be 'can not compute can not....compute', as an answer.

Oh and pump or dump early on i made 31st for £10 tonight. So i am glad to be 'wrong' on this occasion. How does that fit in with the hourly rate?
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I dont believe anyone came up with anything on why 888 managed 400+ wins on the run, via 3 of a kind or better when all in preflop against the short stack? Please communicate it to me, im listening!

One of you said that was mathematically impossible, so i must have been lying... that was the answer you boys came up with.... i wasnt, so where does that leave us to how it happened?

It does not leave 'us' anywhere. Your anecdote is just that, an anecdote. Fyi it's also an anecdote that you're better off keeping to yourself because it's so utterly absurd however you look at it. Under no circumstance would 400 in a row make sense from any angle, whatsoever, perpetrator or victim. You want people to jump on the absurdity bandwagon, rather than they make a wiser assumption that you have got it wrong. You are asking people to not use their brain and believe you. Why should they?

Btw, it is quite literally not mathematically impossible, so I don't know where you got that idea from, but the odds are so huge that it can be considered effectively impossible. It would probably be more impossible to think that anyone who can code or write algorithms decided to include a 400 in a row option. At least ask yourself if you could of misjudged the situation slightly first, although I'm sure you'll contend you have done so.

Overall what you are suggesting is profoundly ridiculous. It holds no substance in any way. In fact you are insulting other people by thinking they should ever listen to, let alone believe, this silliness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 515
    edited June 2023
    I'm proud to say I apply numbers, probability and logic in every relevant situation. You should try it some time.

Congrats on winning £10 in a freeroll.
  • Options
    Thank you for confirming your Spock like personality.

Personally in this instance of the freeroll at 6.30pm, i would throw personal preference of types of poker games, dislike of all -in fests, barbeques, phone calls with my fiance, other outside poker interests in glorious weather etc etc into the equation.

Hourly rates is the at the bottom of the list, but each to their own.
  • Options
    ITSQUADSYITSQUADSY Member Posts: 56

There's a sky reg that routinely sits the russian roulette tables

Exactly 50% ITM after 135k games
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    TheWaddy said:

Personally in this instance of the freeroll at 6.30pm, i would throw personal preference of types of poker games, dislike of all -in fests, barbeques, phone calls with my fiance, other outside poker interests in glorious weather etc etc into the equation.

When it comes to playing poker professionally then hourly rate is absolutely everything for exactly that. The more you can make in as short a time as possible frees up time to do other things you enjoy.
  • Options
    ITSQUADSY said:

Love this stat
    Surely his ability at Russian Roulette’s should also be 50 then 😀
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

I think he’s saying he just plays for the vast enjoyment!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,373
    K
    Jac35 said:

ITSQUADSY said:

Love this stat
    Surely his ability at Russian Roulette’s should also be 50 then 😀
    A 14 streak win.

Charts.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,664
    ITSQUADSY said:

A killer stat off a proper sample size. Tough to argue around that.
  • Options
    Next stop, the player is a plant. Cognitive dissonance.
  • Options
    Yes i would say their is absolutely no evidence of wins being shared around there at all!

Obviously you can interpret this either way, its a 50/50 game coming out randomly, bizarrely accurate.... or as it sharing out the wins exactly 50/50......

I think this is that 'confirmation bias' you have talked about alot.......