You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I could have won BGT tonight!

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    At least you are recognising the greedy tactics used to maximise profits, despite underestimating the lengths they go to to squeeze out that extra percent.

The problem with your limited view on how they do that, is you are one of these customers they are currently targeting and i dont think you are recognising that.

You are using terms like spins/jackpot spins/1 min blinds/rakeback bonuses/300 starting stacks as the games you play. This is not a poker player talking. This is the modern day online player the sites are targeting... those who want the shot at making big money but are not willing to waste or wait any valuable time to do it.

You are never going to be able to identify any nuances in a deck playing these games, so im not surprised you dont buy into anything im saying as your simply not playing anything of any poker substance!

A rig would infer that it favours a player to win. I dont think that is the case. They are just providing enhanced hands, with enhanced excitement, giving what the majority of todays players want. Its the same deck for all, they would argue. There has been talk about being shut down for this... really? The average man on the street told that a poker sites providing hands for excitement, its the same for all and its what most sign up for... is he really going to be shocked and appalled by that!???

At least you are recognising the identified need for players for games to be faster and even faster, to be more exciting than ever before and why that is coming about....

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,646
    TheWaddy said:

At least you are recognising the greedy tactics used to maximise profits, despite underestimating the lengths they go to to squeeze out that extra percent.

The problem with your limited view on how they do that, is you are one of these customers they are currently targeting and i dont think you are recognising that.

You are using terms like spins/jackpot spins/1 min blinds/rakeback bonuses/300 starting stacks as the games you play. This is not a poker player talking. This is the modern day online player the sites are targeting... those who want the shot at making big money but are not willing to waste or wait any valuable time to do it.

You are never going to be able to identify any nuances in a deck playing these games, so im not surprised you dont buy into anything im saying as your simply not playing anything of any poker substance!

A rig would infer that it favours a player to win. I dont think that is the case. They are just providing enhanced hands, with enhanced excitement, giving what the majority of todays players want. Its the same deck for all, they would argue. There has been talk about being shut down for this... really? The average man on the street told that a poker sites providing hands for excitement, its the same for all and its what most sign up for... is he really going to be shocked and appalled by that!???

At least you are recognising the identified need for players for games to be faster and even faster, to be more exciting than ever before and why that is coming about....

I play spins because they are profitable for me. I do like the fact of been able to play games for 15 mins or 5 mins etc. the games are good because it gets players in who just hope to hit it lucky your right on that. its where the money comes from if I played regs all day we would likely all lose to the rake. As a statistics student I dont really pay attention to the jackpots in fact I even deleted or excluded them from my spreadsheets effectively doing the ev calculations as if they do not exist.

the odds of seeing the jackpot in your lifetime is very small in theory on some sites if you played high volume day in day out it would be realistic to see the jackpot. in some cases if someone had a long enough career it would be greater then evens. However in all these cases it involves people playing long hours mass multi tabling week in week out for many years which i think may only be realistic in the odd case or two.

from a personal perspective on poker mtts and cash games I can say what puts me off on these. For MTTS you can play for many hours and the entire night can be ruined by two or three bad hands. a cooler or a bad beat etc. or a bad play/been out played. I have a strong enough record to at least claim to be profitable but have noticed often it is coming down to that last two or three mtts coming in and before this I am down take 3 bad beats here in the wrong place and losing night after grinding hours.

A cash game I only need to lose one all in in the wrong spot and suddenly a profitable day is a losing day. personal preference.

Note I have been comparing my results on party to stars and after all bonuses taken into account and win rates stars is higher then party (once all things considered)
    The issue been though is I can play more tables on party then stars due to things with the software. basically both sites will stutter and blind you out when you register new tables when you have tables going but stars only allows me to register to 5 games at once where as party allows any number I think but I can handle 8 max. thing is party will have the odd table which will take 8 9 minutes so that holds everything back stars each table likely 5 mins max.

So effectively higher win rate and more games on stars so this makes party redundant as a site now. I dont see it getting any better on party but I dont see it getting better on stars as a lot of the regs on party could head to stars so it makes sense now to cash out some of my party role and move it to another site I guess I need to think this through where.
  • Options
    ArrogantArrogant Member Posts: 207
    Big rake low edge games have an insane impact much bigger than you would believe. Like gg poker should be the easiest site in the world to earn money but everyone I know everyone I see are losing or winning at a small rate even though they are facing the weakest competition.
    If I was smart enough to know mixed games like op I wouldn't waste my time here, especially in sngs, the smallest edge games in the world. I'd play the app games and probably mixed game tournaments.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited October 2023
    More bloodyy enhanced freeroll hands. Sort it out SKY!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,767
    Arrogant said:

Big rake low edge games have an insane impact much bigger than you would believe. Like gg poker should be the easiest site in the world to earn money but everyone I know everyone I see are losing or winning at a small rate even though they are facing the weakest competition.
    If I was smart enough to know mixed games like op I wouldn't waste my time here, especially in sngs, the smallest edge games in the world. I'd play the app games and probably mixed game tournaments.

You should pick up some of the mixed games on stars. They are magic, 8-game is the dugs nuts, they have one buck games running a lot, get a proper mixed player pool, I bet you would pick up the 7 other games pretty quickly and be riding the HORSE in no time!
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

You may well laugh, but yes this is the type of rife hand that we see several times daily... try recreating that flop with those starting hands and i will see you this time next year as you are still trying...

Being a freeroll of course, has no bearing, but u seem to mention it 'as if' sites would target freerolls.... it does not matter whether its a £500 game or a freeroll, it all runs off the same thing..... You may or may not, finally get this! Maybe mention targeting £1 hi lo heads up games again as proof that its ridiculous... lets try capitals... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT LEVEL, WHAT GAME, ITS ALL THE SAME DECK... THEY ARE NOT TARGETING SMALL OR FREEROLL GAMES... YOU WILL SEE THIS IN ANY GAME OF ANY LEVEL...

Exhausting.. :p:p:#
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Arrogant said:

You should pick up some of the mixed games on stars. They are magic, 8-game is the dugs nuts, they have one buck games running a lot, get a proper mixed player pool, I bet you would pick up the 7 other games pretty quickly and be riding the HORSE in no time!
    It is interesting to me that despite alot of players disagreeing with me ... and backing that all is normal on sites.... but then also agreeing with me that the games are 'soft'..... many of you are having to move away from traditional forms of poker in order to seek a profit.... You seem to give every excuse under the sun to why you are no longer making profits in soft games, than considering the one thing that hits you smack in the face every time you play.....

I agree that if you can become a good player at niche forms of poker, coupled with soft games... many play the games with extremely limited experience or simply just to be trying them for the first time.... this should be extremely profitable. It always was. Enhanced decks however, will prove to be a huge problem in making that profit....

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    It’s all the same deck, so enhanced hands are always occurring across all formats on the site. When you claimed that nobody ever won a PLO8 hand after flopping the nuts this quickly changed to ‘but it has to be a HU SnG’. But now it’s the same deck again? Ok that makes things easier. What happened to the bank holiday deck, and the implication that this same deck isn’t always being applied?

We will have to return to what constitutes an enhanced hand just to help you form your theory.
  • Options
    The decks appear to provide enhanced hands in all situations, relevant to each game... an enhanced hand in hi lo is clearly going to be different than an enhanced hold em hand,,as A2345 is massive in hi lo, not so much in hold em. A flopped top 2 pair is big in hold em... its not so big in hi lo... so enhanced hands have to be relevant to the format.

It gets even worse on a Saturday or a Bank holiday. Its extremely noticeable that enhancement goes into overdrive. This may be however, a result of extreme recreational players playing on those days and the magic enhanced deck being highlighted due to the increased level of poor play on those days.

I dont have the answers to exactly how it is done. But we can see that the constant chopping and changing of the leads and particulary inexplicable play getting runners, at such an alarming rate... that this is a better outcome for a poor player than a decent one.

Therefore the site ensures there are no big winners and no big losers, retaining custom and also ensuring maximum rake.

Except it appears that those who are savvy and have a massive game count are able to spot the nuances of the deck.....
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I have a solid 3 situations now, where the result is the same.... my game count is going up, i am noticing what to do in certain situations .... its not something im particulary happy with, where there are big game players that absolutely rely on it... i guess im happy to be figuring it out, but hey would absolutely prefer to just play poker and not doing things just because i know what happens next...
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    edited October 2023
    TheWaddy said:

Jac35 said:

You may well laugh, but yes this is the type of rife hand that we see several times daily... try recreating that flop with those starting hands and i will see you this time next year as you are still trying...

Being a freeroll of course, has no bearing, but u seem to mention it 'as if' sites would target freerolls.... it does not matter whether its a £500 game or a freeroll, it all runs off the same thing..... You may or may not, finally get this! Maybe mention targeting £1 hi lo heads up games again as proof that its ridiculous... lets try capitals... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT LEVEL, WHAT GAME, ITS ALL THE SAME DECK... THEY ARE NOT TARGETING SMALL OR FREEROLL GAMES... YOU WILL SEE THIS IN ANY GAME OF ANY LEVEL...

I'm pretty sure @Jac35 has ENHANCED the Hand himself by sticking the 6d in as a 'FAKE Turn Card..........as well as the proper TURN Card which is the Jh.

The Dealer must have dropped 6d off the bottom of his 'Plastic Deck' :D;)
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,767
    edited October 2023
    TheWaddy said:

Arrogant said:

It is interesting to me that despite alot of players disagreeing with me ... and backing that all is normal on sites.... but then also agreeing with me that the games are 'soft'..... many of you are having to move away from traditional forms of poker in order to seek a profit.... You seem to give every excuse under the sun to why you are no longer making profits in soft games, than considering the one thing that hits you smack in the face every time you play.....

I agree that if you can become a good player at niche forms of poker, coupled with soft games... many play the games with extremely limited experience or simply just to be trying them for the first time.... this should be extremely profitable. It always was. Enhanced decks however, will prove to be a huge problem in making that profit....

just for the record @TheWaddy Ive consistently played the "other games", I havent moved away from anything, I just enjoy 8-game more than just one game alternatives.....thats why i probably play it more........

edit, i hope that post never came across as being arsey, that for the record bit sounded dreadful when i read it back haha.
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

TheWaddy said:

Jac35 said:

I'm pretty sure @Jac35 has ENHANCED the Hand himself by sticking the 6d in as a 'FAKE Turn Card..........as well as the proper TURN Card which is the Jh.

The Dealer must have dropped 6d off the bottom of his 'Plastic Deck' :D;)
    Ahhh hes further enhanced an already highly enhanced hand, i see now!
  • Options

TheWaddy said:

Arrogant said:

just for the record @TheWaddy Ive consistently played the "other games", I havent moved away from anything, I just enjoy 8-game more than just one game alternatives.....thats why i probably play it more........

edit, i hope that post never came across as being arsey, that for the record bit sounded dreadful when i read it back haha.
    I meant all players who commented, yourself, myself, Arrogant, Doubleme all wanting to bin traditional hold em seeking am alternative. I played HORSE quite a bit 10yrs ago, Razz even more, only stopped as sites dont offer it very often.
  • Options
    can you tell me whether this qualifies as an enhanced hand?

• Options
    what about this one?

• Options
    how about now?

• Options
    why didn't the enhanced deck let me get a low here, what am I doing wrong?

• Options
    flopped a flush here and just held and won, even though opponent had the nut low draw on flop, I must be missing something?

• Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    @bbMike the software clearly recognises here that you are fish in this particular HU & therefore is letting you win