You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I could have won BGT tonight!

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited October 2023
    And to get elimnated... ive saved the best til last.... an inexplicable call ( a fave term i mention alot)... the wry smile as i know what is coming next (no giving away allowed).... is it a paired 10? a paired 4? No as i say over and over, its the manner of the win that is always special.....

Runners and a special straight! Oh the excitement for the guys who have qualified for the freeroll playing 1min blind, russiian roulette, other boredom kids games! Wooo hooo the deck is so damnnnnnn exciting!!!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    LoganbeckySmall blind600.00600.0016845.00
    cooolcBig blind1200.001800.0027770.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    Shazy63Fold
    TheWaddyAll-in10602.5012402.500.00
    HugoMahanaFold
    mickdawAll-in14025.0026427.500.00
    LoganbeckyFold
    cooolcFold
    mickdawUnmatched bet3422.5023005.003422.50
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    mickdawShow
    Flop
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    • J
    mickdawWinStraight to the Queen23005.0026427.50
  • Options
    Quite a selection of majorly enhanced hands, just for 1 hours play in a MTT.... in fact astonshing if you believe in online poker. You must be astonished Jac?maxally/goldon/doubleme/etc.... astonished at the what the deck produced in just a few hands.

Me? Im not astonished, its just another hour of what i totally expected from this tournament....
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    Seek help
  • Options
    Seek help and the deck will stop producing massive streams of insane hands? Where do i go for that?
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    You’re still struggling with the analysis.

You need to start with the sample of all hands, then see how much magic you’re getting. No point only posting the magic.

When I posted my PLO8 hands they were ALL of the hands that ‘the deck’ took to showdown. No magic was witnessed. Turns out the low quality of play changed the deck dynamics.

Feel free to post ALL of the hands that went to showdown from the freeroll, or even just those where you gained your chips.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited October 2023
    Why do you keep playing online when you patently don't enjoy it?

And all you do here is post selective hands and whine about them.

Seems mad to me.
  • Options
    'Struggling with analysis' and 'posting selective hands' huh.... the first 3 hands posted in the freeroll were in 19 hands from the start of the tournament. These are the only hands i took an interest in, either cos i was involved or i had looked up from the TV as i wasnt involved. So there could be more.

The big argument of online sites is you see these crazy hands 'because you see more hands online'. In fact it is their only answer.

You see this in this tournament every night. You will see a moderate amount of hands. These 3 were all within the first 19 hands.

That is my 'analysis ' and my 'selective hands' came from just 19 played. Even if you thought this was happening randomly, you should be amazed. You are not.

Neither am i.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

These are the only hands i took an interest in

We finally got there! You’ll see the stats return to normal if you take an interest in all the hands.

There are so many hands available you can claim anything and find a hand history, this is a lot more challenging if you include every other hand in your sample.

Glad to have helped.
  • Options
    bbMike said:

You’re still struggling with the analysis.

You need to start with the sample of all hands, then see how much magic you’re getting. No point only posting the magic.

When I posted my PLO8 hands they were ALL of the hands that ‘the deck’ took to showdown. No magic was witnessed. Turns out the low quality of play changed the deck dynamics.

Feel free to post ALL of the hands that went to showdown from the freeroll, or even just those where you gained your chips.

You posted 5 hands where it was your best example you could put up where 'no magic was witnessed'. Your best example you could find and use.

One hand flopped a flush, the other had a nut low draw.... one hand flopped a full house, the other made the nut straight on the river.

And these 5 hands where your best example of completely normal happenings with nothing to write home about.

Think this shows how all your other games went if this was best example of nothing special happening, dont u think?
  • Options
    bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

These are the only hands i took an interest in

We finally got there! You’ll see the stats return to normal if you take an interest in all the hands.

There are so many hands available you can claim anything and find a hand history, this is a lot more challenging if you include every other hand in your sample.

Glad to have helped.
    There were 19 hands total. There were these 3 hands in that 19. That is pretty special. Not noticing if there were anymore within that 19 does not alter these stats and in fact would only make them worse if they did.

Im not sure you are that clever Mikey, id stop posting.
  • Options
    I posted ALL of the hands from the game that could have possibly been determined to be 'enhanced' your definition - at its simplest these were hands that went to showdown. One key part of your theory is/was that the lead changes on every street to keep things interesting, or that miracle runner runners appear to give unlikely chops. Neither of these things happened.
  • Options
    It must be very difficult to defend a crackpot theory when it is so easily disproved once stated, so I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I would consider a HU game (no full table) to be flopping flushes and Full houses to nut low draws and nut straights to be a pretty good example of enhanced hands, especially when you only post 5 hands as your best example of non enhanced hands......
  • Options
    Enhanced hands, i would say involves flopping highly unlikely things where your opponent still has a vested interest, mega hands for both players, highly unlikely runners, long odds rivers, a number of quads within one heads up game, nuts to 2nd nuts..... All these things.... any silly outcome hands that would make any poker book....

Or in a nut shell..... an hour on any given online site.

You all see this.

Why are there no sessions where ace high or one pair wins and you see no flush for a day? As this would be large sections of real play. I can safely say i have gone a full day not seeing a flush with a real deck. Has anyone.... anyone.... ever done that online???

Is someone who says the nightly freeroll is rife with highly unlikely hands in advance and then is able to post 3 examples in the first 19 hands a crackpot? Is this just posting selective hands? If i survive for 50 hands or so, i could do it again tonight if u like, hows that??

Be no Ak v Aj and a jack hits type of outcome.... it will all be Ak v Aj and Aj makes a straight or flush, all much more exciting outcomes.

My prediction is i will be able to post these and the clique will continue to defend, even though i have said what will happen well in advance.....

• Options
    If one of the players doesn't have some sort of hand or draw, the hand is very unlikely to get to showdown if anyone is putting any money in post-flop - you get that right? This is why most hands completed before showdown. I get that in your high-quality games there might be a lot of checking and min-bet calling so maybe you see more showdowns, but we never see the full sample. You can keep on ignoring that the 'enhanced deck' could have produced cards that would have swung the action as you claim it always does, but it didn't.
  • Options

just in case there was any doubt
  • Options
    I'm happy to play the Rewards Freeroll and have a look at (all of) the hands I see if you have any theories that you'd like me to check out for you.
  • Options
    Part of an enhanced deck would be swinging action, as would flopping full houses and flushes with the other player still holding an interest... basically anything you wouldnt see all day every day playing with a deck from The One Stop.....
  • Options
    Same as if i was playing in a live tournament tonight, i couldnt say in advance that we will see highly amazing hands like we saw in the first 19 hands last night.... in fact, 98% of the time, you def will not see ANY hand that resembles any of them corkers last night..... whereas as its an online tournament tonight, i can safely say i will.

See you later for the highly amazing hands that are going to happen. Isnt that a weird thing to say.....
  • Options
    bbMike said:

I'm happy to play the Rewards Freeroll and have a look at (all of) the hands I see if you have any theories that you'd like me to check out for you.

I love an arrogant guy, who really is not qualified to be arrogant!

This a guy who checks out and his analysis confirms there was no evidence of enhanced hands... but in 2 out the 5 of his chosen examples, there was flopped flushes and flopped full houses where the opponent still had an interest in the hand!

As ive always said, absolutely everyone is seeing it right smack bang in their face... but some choose to not see it to the point that they actually use it in their examples of not seeing any evidence of it!