You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why you cant have a relationship with god.

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,077
    Can i ask what is Gods pronoun before i have a relationship B)
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,460
    You will find that Father God is the accepted term.
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,822

see that never made sense to me though there is much more with the christian bible that does not make sense then that. Just Normally the birther is a mother is female so I would have thought if there was a being that gave birth to the universe they would be female. I do not believe in deities but if I did I would likely believe in a female one. I guess I do not believe in fictional fairy tale beings.

I have seriously entertained that maybe we live in a simulation like a computer simulation I guess then the creator of the simulation could be an alien and at that point could be male or maybe even neither male or female but something else.

I think putting the male identity on god merely comes from a patriacal women oppressing primitive stone aged ideological delusion.
  • Options
    What are you dribbling on about.

"The birther is a mother, a female".

Well obviously, but you seem to then associate creation with giving birth. The Universe wasn't born. Something can't come from nothing.

It is the confirmation from Christ who refers to "The Father", "My Father" and "Our Father" that allows us to confidently assume the pronoun Father.

Nothing to do with female oppression, programme writing aliens or ideological delusion.
  • Options

What are you dribbling on about.

"The birther is a mother, a female".

Well obviously, but you seem to then associate creation with giving birth. The Universe wasn't born. Something can't come from nothing.

It is the confirmation from Christ who refers to "The Father", "My Father" and "Our Father" that allows us to confidently assume the pronoun Father.

Nothing to do with female oppression, programme writing aliens or ideological delusion.

to say that christianity has nothing to do with ideological delusion seems a bit silly to me but I guess we disagree on our takes.

when you think it through giving any gender identity to the fairy tale being seems a bit silly but if there was to be a gender identity at all female would make more sense.

The abrahamic faiths have always been oppressive towards women.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,665
    At sunday School we just sang Hymns and heard about the burning bush.... hic!
  • Options
    goldon said:

At sunday School we just sang Hymns and heard about the burning bush.... hic!

I recommend Cranberry Juice and natural yoghurt.
  • Options
    I cant drinkl cranberry juice because of my acid reflux. Natural yogurt does help though.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286
    Doubleme said:

see that never made sense to me though there is much more with the christian bible that does not make sense then that. Just Normally the birther is a mother is female so I would have thought if there was a being that gave birth to the universe they would be female. I do not believe in deities but if I did I would likely believe in a female one. I guess I do not believe in fictional fairy tale beings.

I have seriously entertained that maybe we live in a simulation like a computer simulation I guess then the creator of the simulation could be an alien and at that point could be male or maybe even neither male or female but something else.

I think putting the male identity on god merely comes from a patriacal women oppressing primitive stone aged ideological delusion.

With, presumably, the exception of teddy bears?

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339

stokefc said:

That's the point that all the Dawkins wannabes fail to recognise, they all look at God as a physical entity and therefore judge what they know based on the constraints of physicality.

How are you coming to that conclusion? Surely if you subscribe to Dawkins views you are generally atheist and therefore you are absolutely not even remotely thinking of God as physical.

Because Dawkins bases his atheism on the belief that God doesn't do X Y or Z, or God has no physical presence that proves existence. Therefore it is a major factor in their atheism.

However, Dawkins is still recovering from the failure of the Hadron Collider to find evidence of the God Particle that so many atheists were pinning there hopes on. I believe that they are having a 3rd go this year.

A case once more of Science NOT disproving God.
    I thought they already discovered it ?
    No the God Particle cannot be seen as it is there and gone too quickly to record but according to science it leaves behind a trace. No evidence of that trace has been found yet.

Theologists do not deny the big bang. genesis tells us that, that is how it all started. we simply dispute the fact that the bang was a natural event.
    Maybe the trace it leaves is also gone to quickly to record? Maybe they should be looking for the trace of the trace etc etc?
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339

Doubleme said:

Note I tried to create a winni picture of winni as a priest for this thread but it came out with a very shall we say suggestive pic which may not be appropriate for the forums. Also I dont want to create a story of winni been a victim of a nonze priest in narrative so that pic wont be posted.

Probably as well, some things can be viewed as offensive.

Also if he is the Priest how can he be the victim of a nonce Priest. Do you ever read what you write .
    The vast majority of abusers have been abused, I think it is something like 10% of those abused as children go on to do the same. The fact that many religions, not just the catholic church, have histories of widespread abuse by their clergy, which is hidden by those at the top of that religion, is unforgiveable.

I remember once watching a documentary about a priest who had a long history of abusing children. When asked for a comment the church issued a statement, 'he does more good than harm!' NO, No he doesn't, not if you're an 8 year old choirboy he doesn't. Whilst I respect other people's belief in a God the long history of child abuse in organised religion, and its cover up, is criminal.
  • Options
    Winnie has never been so Charismatic & Popular are you sitting comfortably children let doublewin tell you a story. hic!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    Favourite graffiti time-on a wall:-

God is dead-Nietzche

And below:-

Nietzche is dead-God

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286

Alternatively, one of my favourite examples of God graffiti...

• Options
    Why doesn’t God respond when I cry out, “God, help me!”?

He's too Busy. !
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    Jesus saves but Greenoff puts in the rebound
  • Options
    goldon said:

Why doesn’t God respond when I cry out, “God, help me!”?

He's too Busy. !

If that is a serious question, I could spend literally hours discussing it, because it goes to the very heart of faith and belief.

Because you don't get what you ask for does not mean that God hasn't responded. Saying no is a response as is saying yes and also saying not now.

I don't think I have ever personally witnessed God's intervention in any situation that I have prayed into, which may prompt the question so why do I believe ?

Because I have witnessed God's presence in many things I did not pray into, scenarios where I did not call on him and situations that unfolded without conscious consideration of a higher power.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,539
    Can someone post a Richard Dawkins video?

I wanna see Mark kicking off again :grin:
  • Options
    JammyFkerJammyFker Member Posts: 313
    mumsie said:

Can someone post a Richard Dawkins video?

I wanna see Mark kicking off again :grin:

https://youtu.be/IzZh2wstj88 :D
  • Options
    So the Winnis is me been silly and amusing myself I do not seriously believe that the Winnis are alive or etc, I would have thought this would not to be said but ok I guess it did.

In regards to prayers and etc there have been numerous times when I have desperately prayed and actually got a lucky break and maybe god did come through for me but that does not make sense to me.

Why would god directly intervene to help me get an extension with an assighment but they wont directly intervene to help starving kids in Africa or rape victims desperately calling out etc?

I have my struggles in life as I am sure everyone does how exactly my struggles compare to others on these forums or society at large I dont think we can know for sure. However regardless of any of my struggles it is fundementally clear that there are at least 100s of millions possibly even billions of people that have way more or worse struggles then me why isn't god helping them? how arrogant do I need to be to assume god would help me with my trivial problems in comparison to the mamoth problems others may have who dont get the help? What would make me so special?