You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171
    edited August 2017

^^^^^

All the SPT Brighton information is on the SPT Brighton page,
    HERE

Satellites commence Monday September 18th.

Vey similar, or identical, to SPT Manchester, £220 Buy-In, Friday & Saturday are both Day 1's, Sunday Day 2.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------:
    ^^^^^ All the SPT Brighton information is on the SPT Brighton page, HERE Satellites commence Monday September 18th. Vey similar, or identical, to SPT Manchester, £220 Buy-In, Friday & Saturday are both Day 1's, Sunday Day 2.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers Tikay, see you there again hopefully. Maybe I can try and actually win a seat this time, make it a bit of a cheaper weekend this time!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    edited August 2017
    Bet I could beat you at Daley Thompsons Decathlon 
  • Options
    RogueCellRogueCell Member Posts: 532
    edited August 2017
    OMG Daley Thompson's Decathlon!!!!!  <3
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited August 2017
    Re gaming stuff:

Have you considered doing speed runs? Pick some old school games that are completeable in a fairly short time and see how far you can get the PB down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDH8aN1sChc

Obv you'd have to get **** good to get anywhere close to a record or even be good enough to get views, but could always start by doing like "First level in X seconds" vid and progress from there, depending on the game. Would be big if you get good.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I bet you could Jac, my older brother's had a Commodore 64 so I played on it when I was really young but we never had Daley Thompson's Decathlon.

Decent idea Pingu, but yeah as you said, the people who do these speed runs are absolute sickos who devote insane amounts of time to just playing 1 game over and over. For a start it'd have to be a game I can complete without losing a single life cos obv dying and retarting a level is gg getting a good speedrun time, and that's pretty few games for me. Not to mention that all those guys know every glitch and use all kinds of tricks like deliberately getting hurt so you're invincible for a few seconds so they run through a certain bit etc. Insane amounts of effort they put in like.

Good idea to start with doing speed runs of just 1 level though. Means I can get a ton more practice in quickly, I can't imagine the tilt involved in doing an abso sick speed run of like a 1hr long game then screwing up 55 mins in lol.

Gonna be live streaming Mega Man 2 soon, that's a game I know inside out, if there's any game I could speed run, that's one of them, will probably take me an hour to finish it I'd guess.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    If you know the kinda games I do on my channel you'll know there's no way I could resist doing a game like Sonic Mania! If you haven't heard about it, it came out just a few days ago on PC (and a little earlier on console) and it's Sega going back to the classic 2D style for a new Sonic game.

I've avoided all the hype and all the spoilers, so I'm doing a totally blind run which means you get to see it all for the first time at the same time I do

I've really enjoyed the game so far and can't wait to play more. For me it's the perfect mix of classic nostalgia and tasters of new material. Can't wait to record more!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Hey, it's been a while since I've posted about the Youtube channel, I've been uploading daily but I didn't wanna bang on about it here every single day.

Things are still going well, and growth is slowly getting faster and faster, I made it to 200 subscribers a few days ago. Still uploading daily at 8pm each night.

I started a blind (I know nothing about the gaming going in to playing it) playthrough of a game that is supposed to be famously extremely hard called Dark Souls. That's been by far my most popular series so far, it's amazing how quickly it can go from amazingly fun to unbelievably infuriating. 

I just put episode 6 up tonight where we fight 2 massive bosses on a rooftop, but they're all in a playlist on my channel if you wanna start from the beginning.

• Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited October 2017
    Really enjoyed the vid also watched the doom one which was excellent!

I have a mate called Dan bull who has made quite a lot from his YouTube videos and your seem to be produced very well!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    In Response to Re: Lambert180 ----- Life After The Grind -------:
    Really enjoyed the vid also watched the doom one which was excellent! I have a mate called Dan bull who has made quite a lot from his YouTube videos and your seem to be produced very well!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Cheers mate, glad you liked them. I look back at those old ones now like Doom and think 'god i could do so much better now'. Its a good thing really cos it means I'm improving a lot and I do think my videos are getting better all the time, I've still only been at it a few months and I was mega nervous at first.

I had a look at your mate's channel, hes doing VERY well for himself!

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Boom! We can post pictures instantly on the forum now,love it! So I'm obv gonna use it as a spot to get a cheeky plug in.

Last night I started a new mini series on the channel seen as we're coming to the end of October.

It's gonna be a 7 day series leading up to Halloween working our way through the history of horror gaming, with a new video each day at 8pm. So 7 videos, and 7 different games across 7 consoles, starting with the NES and working our way through to the Xbox One.

Last night's was Fester's Quest on the NES. Tonight at 8pm it'll be Zombies on the SNES. Omg while doing this I just found out you can embed video on here now too, that's amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnGLavZkn8

• Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I really enjoyed watching that, I was never a big gaming guy, one Christmas I got a Sega console and a Sonic the hedgehog game, I used to spend hours and hours playing, but, as you said on the video, if you got killed you always went back to the start. I never managed to finish that one :/ .
    How many times did you play that Festa game to figure out all the different things you needed to do?
    Great fun to watch
    Nick
  • Options
    Cheers Nick, it didn't actually take much in the way of practice this time round but that is because as a kid I spent a lot of time playing it. The thing with a lot of older games is that they often have a certain tactic of a particular technique how to beat a certain boss or level and once you know it, you're sorted.

Yeah games these days are a lot more forgiving, in fact it's pretty much impossible (as far as I've seen) to find a game in the last 15 years that isn't easy to complete whereas there's a huge bunch of NES games I had as a kid where I didn't even come close to completing them.

Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Hey it's day 2 of Halloween week and today we've got a SNES game. Do you remember a game called Zombies?

It's jam packed full of horror film references, zombies, vampires, werewolves, axe murderers, monsters from the black lagoon..... and giant babies.

Don't forget to guess in the comments which PS1 game we'll be playing tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAReerwc7o
  • Options
    It's day 3 of our Halloween week where we journey through the history of horror games, and tonight we've got a bit of an obscure PS1 game called Clock Tower.

It's my first time playing it, and I was really impressed. Eases you in slowly but then some really good scares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1R6hP3GPZU
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited October 2017
    Have you ever played The Getaway on PS2? Such a great game and sooo hard to complete, well i thought so anyway.

You seem a big gamer so I'm sure you must have played it, but if you haven't then you should. The best PS2 game in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Getaway_(video_game)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I have played it but it was a really long time ago and I don't think I played it that much, probably because like you said it was really hard and I got annoyed. I'm always open to suggestions of games to play on the channel so I might give that a go.

We're now up to day 4 of Halloween where we pick a Gamecube game from 2002. It's a must play in the horror genre and pretty much created what people now call survival horror.

You might think it's a bit of a cheeky pick because I could have played it on the PS1 but I was looking back at it and the PS1 version reallllly doesn't stand up very well any more in terms of graphics and I wanted to do it justice so went for the Gamecube remake cos the improvement in graphics is enormous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvLolh2EWw
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Hey Lambo,

Ended up 1 tabling a £11 BH by 9:15 and ended up surfing the forum/ found my way to your thread.

Really enjoyed the video mate, great effort!

Loved the old style graphics.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162

I have played it but it was a really long time ago and I don't think I played it that much, probably because like you said it was really hard and I got annoyed. I'm always open to suggestions of games to play on the channel so I might give that a go.

We're now up to day 4 of Halloween where we pick a Gamecube game from 2002. It's a must play in the horror genre and pretty much created what people now call survival horror.

You might think it's a bit of a cheeky pick because I could have played it on the PS1 but I was looking back at it and the PS1 version reallllly doesn't stand up very well any more in terms of graphics and I wanted to do it justice so went for the Gamecube remake cos the improvement in graphics is enormous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkvLolh2EWw

Lot of fun watching this, brought back a lot of memories, I also noticed my son has just got this version for his ps4 so I think I may have to break out my gaming slippers.....
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
    Loved all the resident evil games but the hardest horror game i played was silent hill good atmosphere and puzzles