You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester - Live Update

Comments

• Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Oooh, another Tikay teaser.

I will guess he had KJ?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,359
    Good morning.

Wonderful read.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Oooh, another Tikay teaser.

I will guess he had KJ?

Apologies, yes, he had the K-J.
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    Just want to say a huge thanks for the great poker event Sky are running here at the SPT. Everyone seems to be having a whale of a time. A lot of work gone into it and it is much appreciated. Looking forward to day 2 at 1pm. Great bunch of people here. If you’ve never played a Sky SPT game before it should really be on your bucket list of things to do - but I warn you now - they’re very addictive!
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    IrishRose said:

Just want to say a huge thanks for the great poker event Sky are running here at the SPT. Everyone seems to be having a whale of a time. A lot of work gone into it and it is much appreciated. Looking forward to day 2 at 1pm. Great bunch of people here. If you’ve never played a Sky SPT game before it should really be on your bucket list of things to do - but I warn you now - they’re very addictive!

Nice meeting you yesterday rose!
  • Options

And a rather belated very good morning to you all as we begin the Final day of SPT Manchester.

If you are playing, & have made Day 2, well done, & make sure you enjoy the experience. Making Day 2 of Live MTT's is the best thing ever, almost like a forward facing window seat on a high speed train from Paddington to Penzance. Yup, that good.
  • Options

We get the day going with a Message from our Boss, @Sky_SamT , who congratulated Sky Mark on making Day 2, & reminded us that after just 3 of the revived SPT's, all of the Sky Team have made a SPT Day 2. (Sam, Kirsty, Bradford Boy & Mark).

All except one, that is. No prizes for guessing who.

That's the sort of boss he is. Kind, caring, & a complete & utter bellend.

That'll be the Sam who cba to turn up here this weekend, preferring to go down to London with his better half for a weekend of degeneracy & debauchery.

Marv.

PS - morning Sam. Love you.
  • Options

Play starts at 1pm today.

We are sort of hoping we can be done & dusted before midnight, but it'll be what it will be.
  • Options

Chip Counts?

Yes, we'll have them shortly, & I'll post them here just as soon as possible.

Payout Structure will be posted when it's available, too, hopefully before start of play.

• Options

I just chanced upon a photo of Sky Sam - he's the red tie bloke.

Love the retro hair.

• Options

I now have the chip counts for today, but until Kirsty arrives I can't upload them. She types with more fingers than I do.

In the meantime, until they are ready, if you want the chip count for any specific player or players, just ask & I'll post them.

I can tell you that just 106 made Day 2.
  • Options

The winner of the previous SPT Manchester - Tim Hickling - sits 5th in chips with 206,400. Be quite something if he could do the double.

• Options

Marc Wright, aka @railtard11 sits 7th in chips with 197,200, despite not taking his seat on Day 1A until late evening.

Marc has been round the block a few times, but these days we can almost call him Sky Poker's Marc Wright.

He's been immensely helpful to many players here, & I've grown to like him a lot.

• Options

Here's Marc Wright after winning the GUKPT Grand final for around £135,000.

• Options

And this is from the WSOP in Vegas a few years back, after Marc won a Viva Las Vegas Main Event package.

What a trip that was. If I ever get round to writing a book, that trip to Vegas might get a whole chapter. Interesting times. The trolls didn't half give me & Sky Poker some stick, but we are still here & they are not.

• Options

I've got the seat & table draw, too, will try & post that in due course.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Great updates as always
  • Options

Andy Hills - who I think is the Grosvenor Pro or sort of mini Ambo - has 119,600.

Andy Young - aka melty - has 114,300. Good effort considering he was reportedly "extremely unwell" on Friday night.

Here's Andy during the Sky Poker UKPC a few years back, duelling with none other than Middy, & with Skalie left of picture.

• Options

Graham Carter - @StayOrGo - has a healthy 112,200.

If time permits later, Graham or I might put up a fascinating hand I watched Graham play yesterday, when Graham was barrelling way & Matey boy was calling all the way. Utterly fascinating to watch.

Graham is shining example to all of us to help others as we plod along life's bumpy road. Shudder to think how much money Graham has helped raise for charity. Good guy, proper good guy.
  • Options

I'm not sure of her surname, but I THINK @IrishRose has 103,700.

Here's Rose in Vegas in 2016. Which one is Rose? PINK Lady.