You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Starting Weight 15st 2lb

Week 1 14st 13lb
    Week 2 14st 11lb
    Week 3 14st 12lb
    Week 4 14st 9lb
    Week 5 14st 9lb
    Week 6 14st 11lb
    Week 7 14st 9lb
    Week 8 14st 8lb

Just -llb this week, but it is a significant one as I have finally breached the -7lb barrier I reached way back in week 4.

Overall loss -8lb
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027

oioi, well done the Phantom.

You feeling better for it yet?

Clothes fitting better?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    Start: 20-2
    Last week: 19-1
    This week: 19-1

Bit disappointed with that. Always weigh myself at same time each week (people my size will often vary by 4-6 pounds during the day). However, also weighed myself yesterday evening, when also 19-1, so was hoping for better. Still, there is always next week.

Well done to everyone else. Progress generally has been very good, with the inspirational nonagenarian Tony leading the way :)
  • Options

Pfft, I've been damned with faint praise.

PS - Well done Phil, you remain a member of the "Lost more than a stone" club.
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    Welcome Bunny, certainly know what you mean with the diabetes, whole new way of life to not only get use to but also learn, even with the best intentions it’s difficult. Good luck.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,032
    Update.
    Start weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 9lbs
    Current Weight (week 8):

Shocking week. Lost all motivation due having a rubbish week at work with the snow etc. No exercise and poor discipline with the diet. Pretty annoyed with myself to be honest. I guess the only positive that I can take from it is that I don't want to feel this way next Friday so this will be a much needed kick up the backside.

The 2lb gain means my membership in the 1 stone club was a brief one, which again is very annoying.

Total loss: 12lbs

Still smoke free.
  • Options
    ^^^^

Ha, get outa here Ryan. ;)

It's tough to go out & exercise in this weather mate, so you get an exemption card this week.

Also, you are still off the smokes, so that makes up for everything.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

Ha, get outa here Ryan. ;)

It's tough to go out & exercise in this weather mate, so you get an exemption card this week.

Also, you are still off the smokes, so that makes up for everything.

I do all my work outs indoors so there is no excuse there. Was just a pretty chaotic week so I really couldn't be bothered by the time I got home. I'll be back so not gonna beat myself up.

Well done to yourself and everyone else though and welcome to the thread Bunny.
  • Options

Update after week 9;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 1 stone & 9lbs in 9 weeks (just over 2.5lbs per week).

Fat Trivia - I've now shed around 10% of my entire body weight since the diet began. Which just proves what a Flobby Mr Blobby I must have been at the time.

• Options
    omm said:

omm said:

omm said:

Starting 18.4
    Week one 18.0
    Week two 18.1
    Week 3 18.4

Week 4 18.3

Week 5 18.1

Another 2lb, happy with this as I am still not giving it 100%. Health has been abit of an issue the past week but that’s real life stuff that I can rarely control. Be great to break 18 next week.
  • Options

Well done @omm

2lb a week is fine, that's over half a stone per month, & the more you succeed the easier it gets.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,278
    Start: 20-2
    Last week: 19-1
    This week: 18-12

Nice to (finally) hit the 18s again. Intend to start some gentle exercise next month, as well. Well done to everyone for persevering.

Phil
  • Options

Good work @Essexphil you are now a senior Member of the "Over a stone lost" Club.

Keep it going mate, the upper 17's will hove into sight soon.
  • Options
    Well done all for sticking with it, weight or smokes doesn’t matter, as long as we try and get it done.
  • Options
    Disappointing update incoming....

Put the breakthrough 1 lb back on so I seem to be a bit stuck on the 14st 9lb mark.

Gave myself a stiff talking to and had a brisk 2 mile walk.

Next week I am away in a cottage with Mrs P so the plan is for more walking, however I expect the challenge will be keeping control of the calories.

If I come in at 14st 9lb again next week I will actually be happy with that.

After next week it will be time to get serious.

Generally however that 7lb off has made a difference, snug jeans now require a belt and when I have been walking (not as much as I would like) it has been getting easier.

Wont be back on my own scales until next Sunday so weigh in will be a bit later.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    ".....Generally however that 7lb off has made a difference, snug jeans now require a belt and when I have been walking (not as much as I would like) it has been getting easier....."

These things matter so much when we are dieting, well done @Phantom66

Where are you off to for the holiday next week? I wont say "anywhere nice?" because every time I see the question phrased that way my head explodes. Of COURSE it's somewhere nice, or we'd not be going there......
  • Options
    Update.

Start weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last week: 18st 11lbs
    Current Weight (week 9):

Back in the right direction.

Total loss: 13lbs
    Still smoke free.

Well done to those that lost this week. Keep it up!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Tikay10 said:

".....Generally however that 7lb off has made a difference, snug jeans now require a belt and when I have been walking (not as much as I would like) it has been getting easier....."

These things matter so much when we are dieting, well done @Phantom66

Where are you off to for the holiday next week? I wont say "anywhere nice?" because every time I see the question phrased that way my head explodes. Of COURSE it's somewhere nice, or we'd not be going there......

We are off to a cottage in Flamborough on the North Yorkshire Coast up a bit from Bridlington and down a bit from Scarborough.

Coastline looks stunning and plenty to do round and about too.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Another good week for @waller02 , well done Ryan.

It's especially good that you are doing it in parallel with giving up the smokes. That's a real tough gig.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Well done folks!

I am at 17 st 3 lbs this week. That is an overall loss of 5 lbs I think but a 2 lb gain this week.

I actually thought it could be worse. The game plan has went right out the window this week. Takeaways most nights etc etc.

Everything is going great with work but it is hectic, very hectic. With things being so busy I am finding it hard to turn my mind to eating better and stopping the ciggies.

Hopefully I can do a bit better next week.