You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Losing Thread

Comments

• Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    We are at the break and I've played just one significant hand. Which I LOST.

All-in pre in a 4,300 pot against AK. I only had KK, serves me right.

Coming in at 70% pre-flop folds which, for me, is unheard of in early levels. That is how card dead I have been. Still, I can't complain, I got KK once, not sure if I said?
  • Options
    11,800 at the end of the rebuy period. However, I'm in for £20.50, so I've bought 10,000 of those.
  • Options
    20/38

Although I must have the lowest amount of bounties of any player left in!

In other news, currently 6/8 in the £1,000 (21:30) as well.
  • Options
    ARRRGGHHH

4/460

£190.51

Was chip leader with four left before losing two 50-50s, one for 550k, the other for 650k (abour 2.1m in play I think).

Off to go vomit.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Well played mushroom. Great run, nice score and sounds like you were a bit unlucky at the final table, gg.

Might be interesting to post those 50-50's from the final table though just to see exactly what the stack distributions were like, whether we were getting it in first or calling it off and maybe see if anything could have been done differently...
    Totally up to you whether you want to share those hands here (obviously) and more than likely they were just standard/unavoidable spots anyway :/
    GG, in any case, and can we get an update on the numbers now please :)
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

Well played mushroom. Great run, nice score and sounds like you were a bit unlucky at the final table, gg.

Might be interesting to post those 50-50's from the final table though just to see exactly what the stack distributions were like, whether we were getting it in first or calling it off and maybe see if anything could have been done differently...
    Totally up to you whether you want to share those hands here (obviously) and more than likely they were just standard/unavoidable spots anyway :/

Cheers, MF.

Will get to both matters ASAP.
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

OK, although I was CL when we initially got down to four, I was in 2nd place when I lost the first of the two 50-50's.

The chip counts were something very close to...

600,000 me

Hand 1
    8,000/16,000
    350,000 FOLDS
    1m FOLDS

I'm in the SB with AhTh and make it 40,000 to play. 258k stack in BB shoves.

My ATs was against 44 which, despite a K9J7 board to the turn, held. (fair do's).

I feel I have to call off here almost all of the time?
  • Options
    Hand 2 (three hands later)

Stacks are now very close to
    1m
    350k me

500k FOLDS
    340k (D) makes it 56k to play (still 8/16k blinds)
    1m (SB) FOLDS

I'm sitting in the BB with AQx, I shove. He calls.

Again we're off the races with my AQ vs his 77. I was dead on the turn.

Left with less than 1 big.

Thoughts are most welcome.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    I'd just shove first hand, second hand seems good
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    Left with less than 1 big.

Thoughts are most welcome.

I'm s**t but I would be shoving pretty soon.

• Options
    Fruitless tonight. And elsewhere.

Running bad, playing worse.

This won't end well.
  • Options
    The AQ is obviously completely fine and the Ah10h seems too strong to raise-fold to a 16bb 3 bet jam from the shortest stack at the table in a blind vs blind confrontation when:

a) he can be shoving dominated Ax for "value"
    b) he should still conceivably have a decent amount of fold equity in this spot given that you still have to call off pretty tight, therefore you will be perceived to have a lot of raise-folds here (potentially widening opponents shoving range) ... and that probably makes A10s a call...

The thing is, though, we only do well getting A10 in here as played when he has those dominated Ax (which we block) most of the time we will be flipping against pairs and a marginal favourite against some broadway combo's. I'm wondering if the really good players ever find folds here as played - retain their position as comfortable 2nd in chips with 4 left and continue to look to steal/win uncontested pots and avoid calling it off (and jeopardising our very good position in the tournament) in the more marginal spots.

Final table ICM is crazy complicated and I don't claim to be anywhere close to knowing what I'm talking about here :D I'm just speculating that there may be an argument for finding folds in this exact spot given our stack/position in the tournament and the other stacks and the fact it is still 4 handed - if it was 3 handed then I don't think folding here would even be up for debate...

This is where we need someone like Bates, lool, devil_tear, JJBinks to come in and tell us what's what :)
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

The AQ is obviously completely fine and the Ah10h seems too strong to raise-fold to a 16bb 3 bet jam from the shortest stack at the table in a blind vs blind confrontation when:

a) he can be shoving dominated Ax for "value"
    b) he should still conceivably have a decent amount of fold equity in this spot given that you still have to call off pretty tight, therefore you will be perceived to have a lot of raise-folds here (potentially widening opponents shoving range) ... and that probably makes A10s a call...

The thing is, though, we only do well getting A10 in here as played when he has those dominated Ax (which we block) most of the time we will be flipping against pairs and a marginal favourite against some broadway combo's. I'm wondering if the really good players ever find folds here as played - retain their position as comfortable 2nd in chips with 4 left and continue to look to steal/win uncontested pots and avoid calling it off (and jeopardising our very good position in the tournament) in the more marginal spots.

Final table ICM is crazy complicated and I don't claim to be anywhere close to knowing what I'm talking about here :D I'm just speculating that there may be an argument for finding folds in this exact spot given our stack/position in the tournament and the other stacks and the fact it is still 4 handed - if it was 3 handed then I don't think folding here would even be up for debate...

This is where we need someone like Bates, lool, devil_tear, JJBinks to come in and tell us what's what :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm never happy calling off with anything other than JJ+.

However, like you say, I'm 8/13 fav or dominating plenty of 16bb stack shoves here.

I remember calling pretty quickly, and I had a feeling I had already made up my mind to call a shove when I made the initial bet. Incidentally, the previous hand I had lost a 100k pot to other big stack courtesy of a two-outer river, so perhaps that had an impact in my decision.
  • Options
    Figures....

Tournaments 10
    Wins 0
    Final Tables 1
    Cashes 3
    Total stake £81
    Total returns £214.46
    P/L +£133.46
  • Options
    thejudge10thejudge10 Member Posts: 465

A tidy wee amount.
  • Options
    Attempt number 11 in 30 mins!
  • Options
    Attempt 11 was an attempt in name only and attempt 12 wasn't much better. I've been drunk a lot lately and those games came fully within that period.

Figures....

Tournaments 12
    Wins 0
    Final Tables 1
    Cashes 3
    Total stake £92
    Total returns £216.34
    P/L +£124.34
    135% ROI

Attempt 13 tonight.

I'm sober.
  • Options
    ^^^^

glgl
  • Options
    Another early exit.

My brain is just too old to cope with four short-handed tables (FTT+this).
  • Options
    Will update ASAP, there have been three losing attempts since the last post and next attempt is this evening - late regging.

Nothing to report in the 3 losing nights, early exits.