You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky's number one streamer/ youtuber. Regitime poker (The--Don) asked to stop media

Comments

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    edited July 2018
    I've watched plenty of Reg's videos/video's and I'd be interested to see how this develops.

Hopefully it isn't a carpet ban and doesn't throw into jeopardy my plans to follow up my 2017 YouTube micro stakes "series" (three highly-charged episodes) on Sky with a late-2018 series of me playing 30/50/100 NL here because, let's face it, we'd all like to see how that works out.

Also, if Sky needs someone to write emails for them, then please pm for my day rate.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,274
    edited July 2018
    SR23 said:

I've watched plenty of Reg's videos/video's and I'd be interested to see how this develops.

Hopefully it isn't a carpet ban and doesn't throw into jeopardy my plans to follow up my 2017 YouTube micro stakes "series" (three highly-charged episodes) on Sky with a late-2018 series of me playing 30/50/100 NL here because, let's face it, we'd all like to see how that works out.

Also, if Sky needs someone to write emails for them, then please pm for my date rate.

For your what, SR Bloke?

;)

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    edited July 2018
    Tikay10 said:

SR23 said:

Also, if Sky needs someone to write emails for them, then please pm for my date rate.

For your what, SR Bloke?

;)

Keeping here for posterity - and because it's contextually hilarious - but off to change it in my above post.

Change that, and change my day rate.
  • Options
    cantdenycantdeny Member Posts: 1
    Watching grown adults complain about swearing on the internet in 2018 brings a tear to my eye.

Regitime's videos are the only reason I'm on Sky paying rake. He's pulling in plenty of novices (fish) such as myself and would continue to do so if Sky don't shoot themselves in the foot here. Facebook, youtube - the kind of consistent and extensive exposure he gives Sky to the microstakes community - even for the casual recreational... it boggles the mind why anyone would think that's a bad thing <<facepalm>>
  • Options
    The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    @The_Don90

Nowhere in the email Sky sent do they mention my language. Also, I have zero interest in monetising my youtube activity other than by hopefully attracting some players to contact me for help from time to time.

I couldn't care less what youtube advertisers are looking for. Also, as I am not working on behalf of Sky Poker, it isn't really any of their business the language I use on my own channel either.

If they were paying me to attract players to their site, that would be a different matter of course. I have no idea how much in rake I have helped Sky make but judging by some of the posts in this thread, it has to be well into five figures.

Offence is a personal thing. What offends one person will humour another. I don't want to go off on a tangent but as liberal and leftist as I am politically, the people that go off virtue signalling at the slightest thing that may cause offence to a small number of people are quite nauseating.

@mumsie See above. I get it, you don't like me but you don't speak for everyone and most of the comments on my channel are very positive.

@Tikay10 Now I know you have seen the thread, could you point me in the direction of someone I could have a conversation with on this matter please?

Also, given the obvious fact that I have signposted a number of players to this site, could I have an enhanced rewards deal please :wink:
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,274
    edited July 2018
    The--Don said:

@The_Don90

Nowhere in the email Sky sent do they mention my language. Also, I have zero interest in monetising my youtube activity other than by hopefully attracting some players to contact me for help from time to time.

I couldn't care less what youtube advertisers are looking for. Also, as I am not working on behalf of Sky Poker, it isn't really any of their business the language I use on my own channel either.

If they were paying me to attract players to their site, that would be a different matter of course. I have no idea how much in rake I have helped Sky make but judging by some of the posts in this thread, it has to be well into five figures.

Offence is a personal thing. What offends one person will humour another. I don't want to go off on a tangent but as liberal and leftist as I am politically, the people that go off virtue signalling at the slightest thing that may cause offence to a small number of people are quite nauseating.

@mumsie See above. I get it, you don't like me but you don't speak for everyone and most of the comments on my channel are very positive.

@Tikay10 Now I know you have seen the thread, could you point me in the direction of someone I could have a conversation with on this matter please?

Also, given the obvious fact that I have signposted a number of players to this site, could I have an enhanced rewards deal please :wink:

My (strong) advice would be to reply to the e-Mail you apparently received.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Also, given the obvious fact that I have signposted a number of players to this site, could I have an enhanced rewards deal please
    couldn't care less what youtube advertisers are looking for. Also, as I am not working on behalf of Sky Poker, it isn't really any of their business the language I use on my own channel either.

The above statements pretty much highlight a certain character trait.
    It could be viewed as ~ “ I don’t care what a massive corporation thinks, I’m doing it my way, oh and could you give me a sweetener for doing it, even though you can’t tell me what I can and can’t do on MY channel” ( which is showing sky poker players and their play)

In answer to the swearing/berating on YouTube , would anyone here be ok with your 18 yr old ( some younger people view , we all know this but I’ll keep it ‘legalise’) son or daughter beginning their venture in the poker world, picking a table you are on, viewing the channel and be swore at and berated?

Ok we all have moments of weakness, but to ‘ normalise’ this behaviour isn’t great.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited July 2018
    You were insulting pretty much every player on the site, so, what do you expect?
    Posted by percival09

''I wasn't doing that. I accept that my coice of words could have been better at times and I have been sincerely trying to improve upon that since my thread was pulled.

The last thing I want to do in life is hurt anyone. I'm a daft lummox that sometimes speaks before he thinks but I absolutely don't want to make anyone feel bad (unless they're particularly unpleasant, then I don't care)

Some of the Sky players that have stayed watching the stream will hopefully be able to back me up here and say that in general, I'm a decent guy that has just made some silly mistakes but I live and learn and hope to be able to demonstrate that going forward''

From The-Don, October 2015 ^

--------------------------------------------------------

Please don't continue to deny that you've previously used some very unpleasant words to describe Sky players.

Many people witnessed it on the streams, so its pretty churlish to claim that you didn't.

I couldn't care less what Sky do or don't do with your streams, but quit the lies.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    The--Don said:

@The_Don90

Regardless of if they are paying you or not you play on their site, which on every table states their brand name. You are promoting them. When I make a football manager video I am in turn representing Sports Interactive their game and their brand. I don't get paid diddily squat for that but if I do it negatively I'm promoting negative on their brand, and if they decide they don't want that they'll contact me in the same way that Sky have contacted you.

This happens every where. People pay to wear their favorite teams football shirt while they wear those kits they are advertising that team and the sponsorship that is on that shirt. They have paid the team for that privilege. If you do something wrong while wearing that top that raises awareness for the club and sponsor in a negative light. See the racist Chelsea fans a year or two ago, or a more recent case an isolated Rangers fan racially abused a child in Macedonia. The headline for a second article on that was "Rangers fans slam racist who abused child" the previous article was "Rangers fan racially abuses child" - I don't like either of these headlines, but we see 3 key factors here - the incident, and the brand he has chosen to represent.

Now why should any brand accept that, in my example Rangers are working with police to find the person. In a different example sky don't want their brand on your channel. They have two choices politely email you and say "hey can you please not use our brand on your channel" or they can go to youtube directly give you a copy right strike, and request the video is removed. I don't know how many videos you have with sky but id suspect its alot given that we're here - 3 of those and you don't have a channel any more, start up a new channel and repeat, you wont have access to youtube.

Tikay has recommended emailing sky back, probably a good idea maybe you can find out the problem and work on a solution. But your me me me i dont care about this brand i represent image really won't help. If people are offended, even if thats one person offended then tough sadly thats the life we live in.

If you want to work with sky paid or unpaid then you have to show you care about the image you show. Otherwise tough luck you can't as it appears they've requested you don't as is their right.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Coaching RegiTime 16th July 2018

39 seconds in..

...If you dont like swearing you really are on the wrong channel, because I do really have a potty mouth....

...Its not something I do deliberately its all very natural

.....Not much you can do about it, not much im going to do about it to be honest...

With this attitude Im curious why sky dont give you your own Forum section.

Chat with The-Don
  • Options
    1chambers11chambers1 Member Posts: 1
    I only started playing sky after watching The-Don on youtube . and constantly use the videos he puts out to reflect on my own game. I hope they continue
  • Options
    @hhyftrftdr If you truly have a problem with name calling, then I don't know what to say to you. I was accused of using one word, which I don't recall using and that word was 'retard' I don't deny it may have slipped out and for that, I sincerely apologise.

Other than that, I don't think I have crossed any lines. You clearly disagree, which is your right but if adults are going to get cross about name calling, society really has gone to pieces.

I get dogs abuse at the tables from certain players. It doesn't bother me in the slightest and nor should it. Is it childish, juvenile, immature etc when two adults hurl insults? Probably but it doesn't hurt anyone and again, I find the virtue signalling on stuff like this to be quite nauseating.

@tomgoodun My comment about getting an enhanced rewards deal was clearly tongue in cheek. I have more chance of getting a date with Michelle Keegan than I do of getting any kind of deal with Sky and I am fully aware of that.

@The_Don90 As I said above, there is zero chance of my working with Sky. I would prefer it if they withdrew the threat but if they don't, I have some ideas about how I can continue with my youtube stuff going forward that Sky won't have any control over.

I think it is unquestionable that I have directed a reasonable amount of traffic their way, which is something I would still continue to do, not for the benefit of Sky but because I believe it is good practice for players to seek out the types of games Sky provides.

I don't expect Sky and I will reach any kind of agreement but I still intend to play on the site and will respect their request that I don't use any of their intellectual property in my content, leaving me free to have full control over what I say and do in my videos.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Thanks for the clarification that it was tongue in cheek.
    Any comment on my other observation that swearing and berating a potential youngster just starting in their venture on the felt?
    Do you have any understanding as to the nature of any individual who views ‘your’ channel.

Here’s something to ponder.
    The person I was referring to was having a good day ( The first one for a few weeks )
    They plucked up the courage to go on the bus to town that day, it was the first time for years that they had done so.
    Whilst getting on the bus a ( clearly in a rush ) person pushed past them and said this “ Get out of my way you fat b.......
    Now to some here, it seems that is perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour, we are all adults right? Swearing is normal yes? If you can’t handle it as an adult well......

It ruined their day and set them back into a state of depression I wouldn’t wish on anyone.
    You don’t know the effect that words have on a fragile person, you don’t know what anyone is going through when you are singling a person out.

I am not saying these things to point any fingers, I’m trying to highlight how easy it is to be blind to how our actions have consequences unbeknownst to us and to just fob it off with “ We are all adults and if you don’t like it don’t watch” well, it may be too late as the damage is already done.

• Options
    @tomgoodun Are you really comparing poker needle to the situation you described? The situation you described is of course awful. It is also very different from commenting that player XY or Z is IMO a bit of a **** or whatever.

I only ever needle players that also needle myself and/or others. They can give it and I assumed that they could take it. Maybe I was wrong but nevertheless, I won't feel bad about a bit of needle or ribbing.

Regarding protecting younger players from a bit of swearing. Really? Are you really stating that 18 year olds need protecting from a few F bombs and C bombs?

If you are, then I again, don't know what to say and I am very confident that your point of view would not be shared by many of your peers.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    I've never seen any of the videos until now. Great format, fantastic content and most of all a nice pace to it. You provide an excellent service. I only watched the most recent video and only heard you swear once, and didn't notice anything that was negative about your table mates.

I used to have a similar view to you Don; it's just the internet, 18+ year olds gambling and they can all take it. Of course being in this world probably put me in some kind of bubble.

During the last few months I have been doing some volunteer charity work a couple of times a week. A lot of it actually is just listening to people talk about their life and their problems; these people come from varied backgrounds and are young and old.

It has opened my eyes to how many small innocuous things can ruin someones day or even longer. What's a nothing comment to you could be everything to another human.

Anyway, as I said, enjoyed your most recent video and I hope you can find a balance where you can keep providing it to you loyal viewers.
  • Options
    888west888west Member Posts: 1
    think sky should be thankful of all the free advertizing and awareness regi brings to the site i only joined sky because he recomended it in one of his videos. since then sky have had £100s of pounds worth of rake out of me i might of gave to 888 or unibet playing there instead.
  • Options
    Curt360x27Curt360x27 Member Posts: 490
    I agree, this does seem like a strange decision from sky considering pretty much every other site has used the recent boom in players streaming on Twitch and creating Youtube content to help promote their brand.
    I've only watched a couple of The-don's videos but from what I've seen and heard him say, nothing seems particularly innapropriate or abusive in his videos.
    Judging by the posts on this thread his videos and streams have definitely helped bring in some new players to the site.
  • Options
    I did email Sky, as per the (strong) advice @Tikay10 gave me and I have not yet had a reply.

Given the support I have largely received in this thread, in my facebook group and with a handful of replies on my youtube channel, I would hope Sky might change their original position on this matter.

I know that my facebook group and youtube channel were always likely to come down in my favour but a couple of posts aside, this thread has mostly been positive too, as were the comments I got at the tables last night.

I hope that Sky have the courtesy to reply to my email soon, or contact me either here, or over the telephone to put an end to the matter.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
  • Options
    BarrattG1BarrattG1 Member Posts: 46
    mumsie said:

Thanks for your eye opening constructive post, this thread isn't only about the--don, it's also about how sky poker chooses to operate in the future, and it's ability to continue to get new players onto the site.
    As one of the regulars who probably makes a large portion of his earnings on this site surely you can see that sky need to do more with media such as youtube or twitch to promote brand, instead of making it harder. (I'm not even saying it has to be The-Don, though I would be behind that idea. )

As an aside to most other people, I'm not too sure about the side tracking, the post was mostly about sky wanting to blank out all player details, not the inclusion of swearing or whatever else.