You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,288

Played terribly last night. For some reason I did not seem to care if I won or lost. Bad performance all round.

No games ran above £5. Maybe just as well.

Started the session with 5 straight wins, & was thinking a good night was in prospect, then promptly followed it with 5 straight losses. Pfft.

Talking of "streaks", managed 12 wins in a row over 2 nights - 7 straight wins to end the session on Sunday & 5 wins to start Monday.

Then the wheels fell off.

• Options
    churchy18 said:

eon1961 said:

There was some very poor play in that game

what about this 1 explanation please sir :@}
    tikay1 Small blind 25.00 25.00 2021.25
    churchy18 Big blind 50.00 75.00 3838.75
    Your hole cards

A
    A

avonmum Fold
    eon1961 Fold
    tikay1 Call 25.00 100.00 1996.25
    churchy18 Raise 100.00 200.00 3738.75
    tikay1 Call 100.00 300.00 1896.25
    Flop

J

tikay1 Bet 300.00 600.00 1596.25
    churchy18 Call 300.00 900.00 3438.75
    Turn

tikay1 Bet 900.00 1800.00 696.25
    churchy18 Call 900.00 2700.00 2538.75
    River

tikay1 All-in 696.25 3396.25 0.00
    churchy18 Call 696.25 4092.50 1842.50
    tikay1 Show

J
    J
    Q

churchy18 Show

A
    A

tikay1 Win high Flush to the Jack 4092.50 4092.50
    No qualifying low hand
    Yeah, a bit unlucky there Brian.

Yeah, maybe not a great call pre by me, but if I "make up" in the Small Blind then I'm always calling a raise by the Big Blind.

The odd thing is that we play hundreds or thousands of hands every night & yet I remembered this one vividly, as it posed a big question in my mind.

So, a question for you. If the flop came J-10-4 & I came out betting, & potted all three streets.......what did you think I had? I mean, I'm sure as God made little apples not going pot pot pot with a 1 pair hand am I? And I can't be doing it with a low draw, as there was only one low card on the flop. So what did you think I had?

;)
  • Options

I'm pretty anti-social, too, & am teetotal, so Xmas was never my thing really.

Oh FFS, I've turned into Tikay.

Does that make you feel a lot younger?
  • Options

Results from 20th December

£3, P11, W5, L6

£5, P5, W3, L2

LOSS on night = £3.80
  • Options

Another poor performance last night, I split the 16 games 8-8, so the reg fees tipped me into a small loss.

No games ran again at £10 or £15.

Hoping we might get a few bigger games going over the next few nights, I seem to apply myself better in those.
  • Options

One player typed "zzzz" in the chat box, & I suspect rather wished he/she had not, as they got taken to task. "Get to bed earlier mate" sorta thing.

A thoroughly unpleasant dialogue followed, our tired friend seemed to be angry with everyone. I wanted to ask him "are you enjoying your poker?" but thought better of it, & kept schtum.

He then tried to get the last word in a debate with Ger. Good luck with that, mate.
  • Options

Yesterday, for every DYM won, your name went into a draw for an XBox or a PS4.

Ger said in the chat box last night, "I really want to win that XBox".

In fact, he wanted to win it so bad, that although he only plays £3 & £5 games normally, he dropped down & played some "soft" games at £0.50 & £1. And lost 3 out of the 4 at those levels.

Anyway, he was still playing late into the night, way past his usual bedtime, & eventually ended up with 6 or 7 "tickets".

And guess what? He won the X Box when the draw was made today.

Incred.

Well done Ger.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    A bit of waffle if i may
    If you have. a little time over Christmas then maybe you might like to respond?

I think i just missed you at Gala. I started just after you had finished playing there on a regular basis.
    You were still mentioned in hushed tones of course. Well, maybe apart from Chippie who would tell anyone, who would listen, very loudly, that heads up you’d limped in with Aces.

When i got home from Gala, i would turn on Poker Night Live. This was before you presented on there. During the breaks they would always show some live poker action. It looped round and so every single night i would hear the commentator say “and the action is on Tikay”
    You have Jacks and say “i’m all in”
    Do you remember the tournament or where it was or where you finished?
    By the way, you looked a positive scruff. You were wearing a cap indoors! (the exclamation mark is fine in this case)

First time i met you was at Gala. I was having a drink with your friend Maria and you came over. You obviously didn’t know me from adam but you bought me a pint. You were straight into my cool club.
    On this occasion you were looking resplendent in a crucial burgundy jacket.

Next time i saw you, you kind of knew who i was, was at Birmingham.

I was on the table of doom
    Bromley, Spittles, Solack, Andrew1947 and a couple of others

I recall you announcing about 2 minutes in that Pingu had bust first hand with Jacks all in pre. You kept going on with that for a good while on the mic.

Andy is a great player but it didn’t seem too good. Everyone looked at each other and didn’t say anything and then Ryan just said quietly “that’s pretty bad”

Pretty sure that Andy still thinks it’s fine to this day. i seem to remember him saying it was a turbo and standard.
    It was a pretty quick structure but first hand we were about 4 million bbs deep :)
  • Options

@Jac35

Blimey, that's taking us back a bit.

Yes, I'll reply to as much of that as I can over the next few days. I'll do it in bits & pieces, so as peeps don't fall asleep reading it.

When i got home from Gala, i would turn on Poker Night Live. This was before you presented on there. During the breaks they would always show some live poker action. It looped round and so every single night i would hear the commentator say “and the action is on Tikay”
    You have Jacks and say “i’m all in”
    Do you remember the tournament or where it was or where you finished?

Oddly, because I was spinning a LOT of plates that weekend, I can place the date & event exactly, thanks to THM.

It was the Sporting Odds London Masters held at the infamous (& unlicensed) Gutshot Card Club, on October 1st & 2nd, 2005.

I was runner-up to a lad named John Curtis, & THM say I got £15,749, but in fact we did a bit of business Heads Up & I took £20,000.

Earlier in the same Festival, I finished 9th (£339) in the £150 Sidey, which was won by Ian Oldershaw. You may remember Ian from Gala Notts, he went by the nick of "Belly" as he had a bit of timber about him.

I was sponsored by Sporting Odds at the time, hence me playing the entire Fessie at their cost. Happy days. They paid me £2,000 per month (plus buy-ins) to write ONE poker article every month. Poker was oozing with easy money in those days....

There are 2 more very odd stories about the money I won in the London Poker Masters, which will follow later this evening, or in the next few days.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    I wonder if recognise where I am tonight TK
  • Options

^^^^^

Umm, not got a clue.

Where were you? Is it a brothel?
  • Options

Results for Thursday December 21st

£3, P11, W7, L4

£5, P3, W1, L2

£10, P1, W1, L1

£15, P1, W0, L1

Loss on session = £8.30
  • Options

Another night, another loss. I'm dribbling.

A £10 game ran, which I won, yay, and a £15 game ran, which I lost, boo.

The £15 game looked very winnable. Always a bad sign when I think that. Eon was 6th, I was 5th. Hmmph.

The chat box was a bit fractious when Mr Angry (that's not his real alias, but it describes him well) started abusing Ger. It was all over the tinsiest winsiest little thing, but the bloke just went on & on like he was God's gift to knowledge. I guess he is hen-pecked at home by his wife.
  • Options
    Will continue with replies to Jac's post over the weekend. Off to play me some pokers now.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^^

Umm, not got a clue.

Where were you? Is it a brothel?

I thought this little art deco montage may have given it away, I also met Mr George Glencoelad in the poker room here.........
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    In the poke her room?
  • Options

Ahh, Gala Maybury.

Yeah, I should have recognised that.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    I will try and pop into the DYM's and help get a few games going soon and meet Mr Angry :)
  • Options
    markycash said:

I will try and pop into the DYM's and help get a few games going soon and meet Mr Angry :)

GO AWAY

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    Tikay10 said:

Another night, another loss. I'm dribbling.

A £10 game ran, which I won, yay, and a £15 game ran, which I lost, boo.

The £15 game looked very winnable. Always a bad sign when I think that. Eon was 6th, I was 5th. Hmmph.

The chat box was a bit fractious when Mr Angry (that's not his real alias, but it describes him well) started abusing Ger. It was all over the tinsiest winsiest little thing, but the bloke just went on & on like he was God's gift to knowledge. I guess he is hen-pecked at home by his wife.

I think he turned up in a later game too, not playing it just trolling. I got involved and gave as good as I got, so in case I get chat banned it's been nice knowing you all!