You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can an old dog learn new tricks?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,024

Results for Friday December 22nd

£3, P8, W5, L3

£5, P5, W2, L3

£10, P1, W0, L1

£15, P1, W1, L0

Profit on Night = £1.30
  • Options

Just a quick resume of Friday, where I made a whopping profit of...... £1.30.

Not much to report, though I exited in Level 1 of the only £10 game to run.

It was the usual limpathon, & I raised it up with good Aces, one caller, a newbie. I had A-A-2-K I think, & we saw the flop of 3-3-8.

Decent flop for me, I'm 4 to the nut low, & unless he has 8-8 or some 8-3 combo, I'm OK. He called, & I bet again on the J flop.

When he called again, I thought he must have the 3, so I'll have to shut down on the river unless my low gets there, in which case I'll check call just in case I get quartered. An Ace, of course, would be gin for me.

Lo & behold, the Ace rivered, so I potted it now with my Aces full, he's dead unless he has quad threes.

Meh.

• Options

Results for Saturday December 23rd

£3, P10, W4, L6

£5, P15, W11, L4

£10, P4, W3, L1

£15, P1, W0, L1

Profit on session = £20.70

• Options

Most enjoyable night since I returned, as there was plenty of traffic, & with 5 or 6 tables on the go all evening, I was able to concentrate better, & find some rhythm. The "lag" problem never bothered me, but I'm notoriously high tolerance & these little glitches don't really distress me in the least.

I made £20, but I could so easily have made £50, or lost £50, it was all very swingy stuff. I made a few mistakes, but for the most part, I played decent-ish.

Great fun, best night for traffic in ages. There may have been a lag problem, but the site recorded superb figures in all formats, so it can't have been too bad. Think it does affect the HU Hyper guys more than most, to be fair.
  • Options

Lord Prattle returned ( @markycash not @Jac35 he's King Prattle), so the games got a bit lively.

With Eon in all the games too, there were some spectacular pots.

The amount of times Lord Prattle, Eon & I went head to head all guns blazing was amazing.

Fold? Forget it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvlTJrNJ5lA
  • Options

I never realised until chatting to a few lads last night how bad Mr Angry was. He really does have anger management & ego issues, poor lad.

Ger had asked a simple & completely reasonable question about Betfair Exchange & Matched Betting. He wondered if they were the same thing. If you are not a hardcore punter, that's a quite reasonable question. I explained - as best one can with 5 tables on the go - that no, they were not the same, but you sometimes need 1 to do the other.

At which point, Mr Angry exploded, & was dreadfully rude to Ger, & I do mean dreadfully rude.

What sad lives these guys must live if something so trivial makes them kick off like that. I wonder if 200 odd folks dying in the Philippines yesterday after a typhoon, those poor Syrian migrants trying to find a safe haven for their families, or millions living in refugee camps in squalid conditions bothers them as much?

Anyway, I never spoke to Mr Angry. Not seen him before, & I never addressed him once. And then, last night, he suddenly came up with this.....

xxxxxxxxx: perhaps the ghosts of everyone kendall has banished from the forum is hanging over him

Oh dear. When forum chat bans bother you that much, life must be very sad.

Move on, next case.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited December 2017
    Thoroughly enjoyed it!

I can often get bored in the DYM's and do stuff I don't really need to be doing. I am definitely an MTT player at heart. The games were a lot of fun though so I managed to keep my patience in check apart from 1 needless pot.

Hopefully get a few more evenings of games with you and the other ploppers over the holidays :smile:
  • Options

Results for Saturday December 24th

Keeping it brief today, Merry Christmas to all who read this Diary. And all who don't.

£3, P20, W8, L12

£5, P12, W8, L4

£10, P2, W1, L1

£15, P1, W1, L0

Profit on session = £7.50
    . Also, £6.62 of Rewards money to come. oioi.
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    I know you aren't a big fan of Christmas so enjoy all the sport over the coming days. Really has to be the best time of year for a sports fans.
  • Options

I know you aren't a big fan of Christmas so enjoy all the sport over the coming days. Really has to be the best time of year for a sports fans.

Thank you very much.

And yes, I'll be staying up late tonight to watch the Steelers beat the Texans, followed by the first few hours of the Melbourne Ashes Test Match, one of the world's greatest sporting events.

Boxing Day, the highlight will be the King George from Kempton - I've had a small wager on "Whisper". Plenty of football, too.

Have a great Xmas mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Results for Sunday December 25th

Just a short session last night, logged on at 8pm & saw a few guys waiting so regged up, & got 14 games in before logging off to watch the cricket. Managed to lose 8 of the 14, & set fire to another £17. Am officially hopeless. The cricket was bad, too, watched until the lunch break when the Aussies were 102/0. At least the Steelers thumped the Texans 34-6, which I watched on the IPad whilst playing.

The poker was fun though, nice atmo, every seemed in good heart & there was some good craic.

£3, P9, W5, L4

£5, P5, W1, L4

LOSS on session = £17.20.
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    edited December 2017
    Tikay10 said:

Just a short session last night, logged on at 8pm & saw a few guys waiting so regged up, & got 14 games in before logging off to watch the cricket. Managed to lose 8 of the 14, & set fire to another £17. Am officially hopeless. The cricket was bad, too, watched until the lunch break when the Aussies were 102/0. At least the Steelers thumped the Texans 34-6, which I watched on the IPad whilst playing.

The poker was fun though, nice atmo, every seemed in good heart & there was some good craic.

£3, P9, W5, L4

£5, P5, W1, L4

Took 5/2 on -24 h/c when 10-0, bit squeaky in q4 when Texans managed a td, but got there in the end.

Good luck with Whisper. I'm not very up on the gee gee's, but have friends who are. Usually tag along to a few meets. Did Wincanton last time out and have Cheltenham on Jan 27th. Bit bias here, but fancy Bristol De Mai, always liked Twiston- Davies. Strong field though, as expected. Fox Norton another in with a good shout.

Enjoy the rest of the days sporting events and indeed the arrival of your late Christmas, tomorrow.

Don't post often, so whilst I'm here, all the best for 2018.
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

£3, P9, W5, L4

£5, P5, W1, L4

Took 5/2 on -24 h/c when 10-0, bit squeaky in q4 when Texans managed a td, but got there in the end.

Good luck with Whisper. I'm not very up on the gee gee's, but have friends who are. Usually tag along to a few meets. Did Wincanton last time out and have Cheltenham on Jan 27th. Bit bias here, but fancy Bristol De Mai, always liked Twiston- Davies. Strong field though, as expected. Fox Norton another in with a good shout.

Enjoy the rest of the days sporting events and indeed the arrival of your late Christmas, tomorrow.

Don't post often, so whilst I'm here, all the best for 2018.
    Thanks mate.

Think you & me had best quit tipping horses & stick to EnnEffell. Great result from the Steelers.

Yes, my Xmas starts tomorrow, when Gill arrives after spending Xmas with her family.

Then on Thursday I'm taking her up to the West End for a posh Afternoon Tea at The Wolseley, & we'll have Xmas Dinner on Friday. Terry's in the Freezer.

Hope you are having a lovely Xmas.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    "Yes, my Xmas starts tomorrow, when Gill arrives after spending Xmas with her family.

Then on Thursday I'm taking her up to the West End for a posh Afternoon Tea at The Wolseley, & we'll have Xmas Dinner on Friday. Terry's in the Freezer.
    "

Hope you both have a lovely time and all the best for 2018!
  • Options

Results from Monday December 26th

£3, P21, W13, L8

£5, P12, W5, L7

£10, P1, W1, L0

Loss on session = £1.60
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Original Excuses for losing Money - Part 237.

Was going along very nicely indeed, looking at a profit of maybe £30 or so, & had just come off a run of 8 consecutive wins, when this happened, & so 6 of the last 7 games went down the pan as I tried to juggle reserve laptops, I-Pad, mobile phones & the like.

• Options

That's me done playing until early next week, Xmas starts today here. Might play the UKOPS PLO &/or PLO8, depending what we are doing, but it's unlikely.
  • Options

And in bad news, the M1 is closed & the weather conditions on the roads are awful, so Gill can't drive down today. (She lives in Stoke, & I'm in London).

So she has had to postpone until tomorrow.

That's sad in 2 ways.

1) I wont get to see her until tomorrow now.

2) It means I can lose some more money tonight pokering.

Double whammy, that.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2017
    Maybe there actually is a positive side to every story, naaa, you're right, xmass is nonsense :)
  • Options

Morning all. Long time, no Update.

Have not been playing, as Gill came down for Xmas, & I don't really want to play when she is here, obviously.

Also, I was spending 5 or 6 hours each day doing the UKOPS Updates, so playing poker as well as that would have been taking liberties.

Anyway, it probably makes sense right now to do a quick Update for 2017 as a whole, to see how many millions I have won in the year. Or lost.