You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
I think it is a great tourny but the payment structure has to change. I have finished 4th and 5th out of 5 runnings so far with no payment for final the table. Unfortunately i for one wont play it again until it does change. Most other tournies pay for reaching the final table, why not the 500 gtd? Thats it moan over. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.

Comments

• hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited July 2009
    same for me, i played 3+ hours yesterday and went out on final table for nothing, i know others feel this way mickjenn has also said he wouldnt play until the payout changes.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited July 2009

It's Catch-22, this!

More people will get paid when more people play it.

If players decide not to play because not enough get paid, less people will get paid.

It's how Poker works, Live & Online, the world over, because it makes no sense to pay more than 10% of the Field.

The Players, & Sky Poker, are both trying to "build" this better-structured Tourney.

If & when more players play it, more players will get paid.

We can't blame the site for this, it's about demand. Not enough players are playing it right now, so not many get paid.

A little patience, & determination to "build" the Tourney, is all it needs. Success is a long & bumpy road.
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    In Response to 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    I think it is a great tourny but the payment structure has to change. I have finished 4th and 5th out of 5 runnings so far with no payment for final the table. Unfortunately i for one wont play it again until it does change. Most other tournies pay for reaching the final table, why not the 500 gtd? Thats it moan over. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    I agree, great tourny but 3+ hours tonight and no pay out for reaching the final table! I wont be playing it again unless the payment structure changes.
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    its a good tourny and its wat we need on here, but i came 5th the other nite and i got 6 points ahhaha wat am i meant 2 do wiv them answers on a postage stamp please
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,399
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    its a good tourny and its wat we need on here, but i came 5th the other nite and i got 6 points ahhaha wat am i meant 2 do wiv them answers on a postage stamp please
    Posted by mickjenn1
    I    RETIRE    I
    I     MENT      I
    I     FUND      I
    I_____:)_____I

Sorry couldn't resist :P

But anyway whilst I don't play in these tourneys much anymore, I think prize structure is fine. I remember the £55 entry one that ran at half seven, and so often I got to the final table and bubbled right on the cash (one time i bubbled like 4/5 times in a week) but another time I won 2 nights in a row and cashed another night in the same week. And when you cash it's a decent amount - if more people got payed, it just wouldn't be a good enough 1st/2nd or 3rd price and I'm all about winning, as opposed to coming 5th and expecting to recieve something.

But that's why I prefer cash anyway - cause I know how much it sucks to play for so long in tourneys and win diddly squat :)
  • BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009
    looks like a dead duck already TK. I wont play until it changes as i have already said, no madmoo,no hurst05, can't speak for mickjenn but if it is right that's £80 gone after 5 runnings! Not looking good is it.  Tonight there were 29 in the 500 so there was an extra £80 and it was still put on the first 3 places. Im sure it could have paid 5 with £50 for 4th and £30 for 5th.   
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    ivan nice stamp........... yes the 55quid 1 i remember u nockin me out pal, 
    edited July 2009

Guys, I hear you, but NO (regular) MTT TOURNAMENT, ever, anywhere, does, or should, pay more than 10% of the Field. I'd object if it did, to be honest.

If you all decide not to play it, fine, it'll stop running, but until it does, I'll play it (when I get home) with the current Payout Structure. That's how poker works - everywhere!

Many players wanted this Tourney, let's support it for a while. These things don't happen overnight, a bit of determination & perseverence by us, the Players, would do no harm.

It makes NO SENSE to pay more than 10% of any MTT Field.

It's disappointing that we (the players) can't muster up more Entries, but we should not expect Sky Poker to break the mould & pay 15% or 20% of the Field, & Sky Poker have done nothing wrong here. We asked for this Tourney, & now players are not supporting it. That's no reason to change a Payout structure which is as universal as anything in poker, Live & Online.

I'm speaking as a regular player on this Site, (which I am), by the way, & not for Sky Poker.
  • The--DonThe--Don Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2009
    I'm speaking as a regular player on this Site, (which I am), by the way, & not for Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Erm..

Given that you have a vested interest in the success of Sky Poker, do you really expect your punters to swallow that?
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2009

Am I right in thinking the places paid is usually;

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, 20, 30 etc. going up for how many entrants there are.

Would one of the sky guys be able to say at what amount of entrants does each pay level go up?

Like, how many players do we need to get from 5 places paid to 8 places paid?

Cheers.

• BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009
    Midnight 400gtd 28 runners pays top 5, enough said i think,
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2009
    the £400 at midnight - its got 48 runners.

to get 5 pay outs you need 30 runners so it was 1 short unfourtunately!
  • essexpokeressexpoker Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2009
    Maybe instead of moaning about it you guys should work on your final table play.. If your good players and understand the game you'l know the variance will even it self out over time and you will make the money and win the tornies..
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    Guys, I hear you, but NO (regular) MTT TOURNAMENT, ever, anywhere, does, or should, pay more than 10% of the Field. I'd object if it did, to be honest. If you all decide not to play it, fine, it'll stop running, but until it does, I'll play it (when I get home) with the current Payout Structure. That's how poker works - everywhere! Many players wanted this Tourney, let's support it for a while. These things don't happen overnight, a bit of determination & perseverence by us, the Players, would do no harm. It makes NO SENSE to pay more than 10% of any MTT Field. It's disappointing that we (the players) can't muster up more Entries, but we should not expect Sky Poker to break the mould & pay 15% or 20% of the Field, & Sky Poker have done nothing wrong here. We asked for this Tourney, & now players are not supporting it. That's no reason to change a Payout structure which is as universal as anything in poker, Live & Online. I'm speaking as a regular player on this Site, (which I am), by the way, & not for Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    This.

I fall into the camp of 'if you make the FT you should cash', but the payout structure is fine the way it is. In the Community Suggestions forum here I made a thread about being able to make deals on the FT of Tournaments. I think having this implemented will solve this problem. I've had this situation on the FT of a few Tournaments at the Gala where I play. Typically, if 8 of us are getting paid, the FT'ists strike a deal where they take the amount of the buy-in off 1st and 2nd, and give that to 9th and 10th so they get their money back. If you want something of this nature to happen, then put a post in my thread showing your support so that Sky will take note of it.

IMO it's a DeepStack, it's going to be a slow tournament that takes a long time to finish and you should be aware of that before you register. You know that it's possible to play for 3 hours and not cash, that's just the way it goes. I played for a day and a half at the SPUKT Grand Final and didn't cash, but I knew going into the tournament that it was possible so I wasn't going to groan at a bad payout structure because it was standard.
    edited July 2009
    Guys, I hear you, but NO (regular) MTT TOURNAMENT, ever, anywhere, does, or should, pay more than 10% of the Field. I'd object if it did, to be honest. If you all decide not to play it, fine, it'll stop running, but until it does, I'll play it (when I get home) with the current Payout Structure. That's how poker works - everywhere! Many players wanted this Tourney, let's support it for a while. These things don't happen overnight, a bit of determination & perseverence by us, the Players, would do no harm. It makes NO SENSE to pay more than 10% of any MTT Field. It's disappointing that we (the players) can't muster up more Entries, but we should not expect Sky Poker to break the mould & pay 15% or 20% of the Field, & Sky Poker have done nothing wrong here. We asked for this Tourney, & now players are not supporting it. That's no reason to change a Payout structure which is as universal as anything in poker, Live & Online. I'm speaking as a regular player on this Site, (which I am), by the way, & not for Sky Poker.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I understand what your saying TK. I have played it every night since it started but it is always the same people in it , no new players. Would it not be possible for sky to increase the number of runners by asking the presenter to take part. Everybody asked for this tourney but no one seems to be playing in it! The presenter would increase the number of runners(until you got back)then the payout structure would improve.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I understand what your saying TK. I have played it every night since it started but it is always the same people in it , no new players. Would it not be possible for sky to increase the number of runners by asking the presenter to take part. Everybody asked for this tourney but no one seems to be playing in it! The presenter would increase the number of runners(until you got back)then the payout structure would improve.
    Posted by MADMOO
    Hi Moo, - can I call you Mad? ;)

I cannot answer that Question, it's one for the Suits, I only Post on the Forum as a regular player.

But once home, I'll play it every night I'm not out working. Also, I have always played the Deepie on my PTP Nights, & I will continue so to do. I think Rich Orford does, too.

My PTP nights in July are.....

Friday 17th

Wednesday 22nd

Friday 24th.

Tuesday 28th

Friday 31st.

I will play it each of those nights. I'll also speak to my PTP colleagues & ask them to play it on their PTP nights, though you understand I can only ask them as friends, not "instruct" them!

When I get home from Vegas, I'm doing Live Shows or In-Poker on 9 days in July, so that does not leave many "free" nights, but I'll play this Tourney every one of my free nights.

If we want something bad enough - & most of us want this Tourney to succeed - we need to work at it, & I intend to do so.

I know that paying 3 or 4 is a pain - as I, of all people, motor with a low stack, so this affects me crucially - but it's how poker works, the world over. If 30% or 40% of the Field were to be paid, the winner would barely get double his Buy-in, & that's just wrong.

I hope you continue to support the Deepie Moo, I really do, though I'll understand if you don't.

Go on, you know you want to........

• RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I understand what your saying TK. I have played it every night since it started but it is always the same people in it , no new players. Would it not be possible for sky to increase the number of runners by asking the presenter to take part. Everybody asked for this tourney but no one seems to be playing in it! The presenter would increase the number of runners(until you got back)then the payout structure would improve.
    Posted by MADMOO
    I've played the Deep Stack a few times MadMoo, but recently I've been playing the 9pm MTT because that's what the producers wants the presenters to talk about on their nightly phonecalls to the show.

But for what it's worth, I'll play the DS on my next Play The Presenter night- 21st July.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Hi Moo, - can I call you Mad? ;) I cannot answer that Question, it's one for the Suits, I only Post on the Forum as a regular player. But once home, I'll play it every night I'm not out working. Also, I have always played the Deepie on my PTP Nights, & I will continue so to do. I think Rich Orford does, too. My PTP nights in July are..... Friday 17th Wednesday 22nd Friday 24th. Tuesday 28th Friday 31st. I will play it each of those nights. I'll also speak to my PTP colleagues & ask them to play it on their PTP nights, though you understand I can only ask them as friends, not "instruct" them! When I get home from Vegas, I'm doing Live Shows or In-Poker on 9 days in July, so that does not leave many "free" nights, but I'll play this Tourney every one of my free nights. If we want something bad enough - & most of us want this Tourney to succeed - we need to work at it, & I intend to do so. I know that paying 3 or 4 is a pain - as I, of all people, motor with a low stack, so this affects me crucially - but it's how poker works, the world over. If 30% or 40% of the Field were to be paid, the winner would barely get double his Buy-in, & that's just wrong. I hope you continue to support the Deepie Moo, I really do, though I'll understand if you don't. Go on, you know you want to........
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK, thank you for taking the time and replying. How could I possibly say no! It is a great tourney, I just hope other people realise that soon. I will carry on supporting it and hopefully winning it!(came 2nd on friday:)) Thanks again, hope you are enjoying Vegas!
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I've played the Deep Stack a few times MadMoo, but recently I've been playing the 9pm MTT because that's what the producers wants the presenters to talk about on their nightly phonecalls to the show. But for what it's worth, I'll play the DS on my next Play The Presenter night- 21st July.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Doing two things at once is beyond your abilities, Mr O?

Get in, we need the value.

Moo - that's Orford sorted.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Hi TK, thank you for taking the time and replying. How could I possibly say no! It is a great tourney, I just hope other people realise that soon. I will carry on supporting it and hopefully winning it!(came 2nd on friday:)) Thanks again, hope you are enjoying Vegas!
    Posted by MADMOO
    Moo, I love you.

Well done on that Result. You would have got a lot less for 2nd if they paid more of the Field, so there's a positive too!

I look forward to sharing a Table with you again when I get home. Normal service should be resumed on Monday of  next week, see you then.

I so enjoy that Tourney, because it's just nice to sit & chat with the Players over a few hours.