You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

Comments

• mattblack6mattblack6 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Doing two things at once is beyond your abilities, Mr O? Get in, we need the value. Moo - that's Orford sorted.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Most tournaments live and on line only pay ten percent of the field . So what is the problem .
    I've played in many live tourny's when there are forty runners and only the top 4 get paid , you know that when you pay your buy in .
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Most tournaments live and on line only pay ten percent of the field . So what is the problem . I've played in many live tourny's when there are forty runners and only the top 4 get paid , you know that when you pay your buy in .
    Posted by mattblack6
    Yeh exactly, but hey if it helps get more in and get it off the ground then lets try it, but had our 2nd lowest amount last night when we did try it....
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited July 2009
    I would happily join in, when I get the time. Just won a cheap Deep Stack, I usually do far better in a deep stack then normal because I can mitigate the bad beats I get a bit more.

Stupid question but when is this tournament played? Time and price?

EDIT : never mind I just seen it at £22 tonight. Bit much for me at £22 can play a whole lot more for that money. Sorry! Maybe when I'm a bit richer in the bankroll. (which probably never happen I'm usually drunk when I play, but I play for fun )
    edited July 2009
    I just joined the Mickjenn thing instead, hopefully that helps the community a bit?
  • spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2009
    Wp flash last night enjoyed the game just registered for tonights game see you at the tables.
    Mad 5 mins last night cost me but I was behind every time I went all in, Oh to give some one a bad beat I just cant do it lol.Well played to all the others too even Jackson not my cup of tea but if thats him good luck.
    Madmoo I thought played really well to ladder up a few spots well played.
    edited July 2009
    I just joined the Mickjenn thing instead, hopefully that helps the community a bit?
    Posted by Draig
    There are satelites to the deepstack trny in the day if you can do them
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they could just put the winners of normal deepstacks through as well?
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    Wp flash last night enjoyed the game just registered for tonights game see you at the tables. Mad 5 mins last night cost me but I was behind every time I went all in, Oh to give some one a bad beat I just cant do it lol.Well played to all the others too even Jackson not my cup of tea but if thats him good luck. Madmoo I thought played really well to ladder up a few spots well played.
    Posted by spitfire10
    Thank you spitfire. It was a very good and friendly final table. Very enjoyable game.
    edited July 2009
    come on guys lets get in tonights deepie, only 12 in atm, great value as GTD 6 paid, in a £500 pool,,,, how can you lose?
    edited July 2009
    I guess your not listening to what I am saying ( and I am probably representative of a lot of casual players) if you want this tourny to kick off £22 is a bit much considering the other options available compared to time invested and payout.

While I personally much prefer a deep stack tourny it is double the amount of a normal £11 masssive payout tourney. I appreciate there may be cheaper qualifiers on throught the day...but I am in work...and again why would I risk money on a qualifer then play for 3 hours or so for no payout when other options are much better ( but less enjoyable)?

If you want this type of tourney to really take off you must decrease buy in, simple as that, in my opinion.
    edited July 2009
    I guess your not listening to what I am saying ( and I am probably representative of a lot of casual players) if you want this tourny to kick off £22 is a bit much considering the other options available compared to time invested and payout. While I personally much prefer a deep stack tourny it is double the amount of a normal £11 masssive payout tourney. I appreciate there may be cheaper qualifiers on throught the day...but I am in work...and again why would I risk money on a qualifer then play for 3 hours or so for no payout when other options are much better ( but less enjoyable)? If you want this type of tourney to really take off you must decrease buy in, simple as that, in my opinion.
    Posted by Draig
    Good point Draig, the average player cannot afford £22 a night. The only reason I have been able to play in it every night is because I have cashed a couple of times in it. Even when TK returns, how many people are going to be able to afford it every night?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Good point Draig, the average player cannot afford £22 a night. The only reason I have been able to play in it every night is because I have cashed a couple of times in it. Even when TK returns, how many people are going to be able to afford it every night?
    Posted by MADMOO
    It's a tough ask to please everyone, & find a Tourney to suit all pockets.

The Open is fast & furious, huge fields to get through, but the payouts are massive, relative to Buy-In.

The Deepies are much, much slower, smaller fields, therefore lower Variance. It's the choice we all have.

Remrember, Variance is the Tournament player biggest enemy, & I manage my Bankroll by controlling Variance, & I do that by playing lower-variance Events.

I'l play the £22 Deepie every night I can, but let's not forget, the £5 Deepie still runs at 8.15, & I'll two-Table, & play both.

So there IS still choice, £2, £5, &  £20 (all plus Reg Fees).

If some players want a £10 Deepie - you see how tricky it is to please everyone! - then players just have to Lobby for it. Sky Poker have proven they listen, & if enough people think a Tenner is right, then Sky Poker will put one on, I'm pretty sure of that.

It's a balance thing, trying to please everyone, but if the demand is there, Sky Poker would deffo run it.

Interesting debate this, but it all comes down to the fact we all want different things, & it's in Sky Poker's interest to satisfy demand. I'm certain they will, though I stress I don't speak for them.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : It's a tough ask to please everyone, & find a Tourney to suit all pockets. The Open is fast & furious, huge fields to get through, but the payouts are massive, relative to Buy-In. The Deepies are much, much slower, smaller fields, therefore lower Variance. It's the choice we all have. Remrember, Variance is the Tournament player biggest enemy, & I manage my Bankroll by controlling Variance, & I do that by playing lower-variance Events. I'l play the £22 Deepie every night I can, but let's not forget, the £5 Deepie still runs at 8.15, & I'll two-Table, & play both. So there IS still choice, £2, £5, &  £20 (all plus Reg Fees). If some players want a £10 Deepie - you see how tricky it is to please everyone! - then players just have to Lobby for it. Sky Poker have proven they listen, & if enough people think a Tenner is right, then Sky Poker will put one on, I'm pretty sure of that. It's a balance thing, trying to please everyone, but if the demand is there, Sky Poker would deffo run it. Interesting debate this, but it all comes down to the fact we all want different things, & it's in Sky Poker's interest to satisfy demand. I'm certain they will, though I stress I don't speak for them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi TK, just loving this tourney. Came 2nd for the third time tonight :), any tips on heads up?
  • IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited July 2009
    i had a quick look through all the comments and i must say tk is right about the pay out structure. it has to be that stucture and its a no brainer to disagree otherwise .
    skypoker and tk are tops.
    infact its a lovely little poker village to be part off.
    any new players out there want advice i would be delighted to be of help on the deepstack tournements .
    now tk can you please have a word with sky about a good mate of mine who got chat banned called bigsteve42 , hes one of the most helpful guys on the table for new players and some one must have realy got to him if he did say something naughty . thank you oh wise one tk lol.

edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Hi TK, just loving this tourney. Came 2nd for the third time tonight :), any tips on heads up?
    Posted by MADMOO
    Err - NO!

I'm the most hopeless Heads-Up Player ever born. I could beat Orford, but that's about all.

But the usual advice would just be "be very aggressive, & use your Button strongly".
    edited July 2009
    i had a quick look through all the comments and i must say tk is right about the pay out structure. it has to be that stucture and its a no brainer to disagree otherwise . skypoker and tk are tops. infact its a lovely little poker village to be part off. any new players out there want advice i would be delighted to be of help on the deepstack tournements . now tk can you please have a word with sky about a good mate of mine who got chat banned called bigsteve42 , hes one of the most helpful guys on the table for new players and some one must have realy got to him if he did say something naughty . thank you oh wise one tk lol.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Hi Rover,

Flattery will get you nowhere!

This is a matter outwith my remit, Rover, & I'm not able to get involved, one way or the other. I have a view - obviously - but I'm on here as a Player, so it's not my business to interfere, & Sky Poker would get pretty cross with me if I did.

Bear in mind that....

1) Sky Poker have a "Yellow Card/Red Card" System, & don't impose Chat Bans lightly.

2) The Sky Suits read all the Threads on here, so they have seen all the Threads about this player. I guess they have not replied because they deem it a private matter between the player, & Sky Poker, which is fair comment really.

Actually, it's a matter best kept off-forum, in my personal view. If the player were to write to Sky Poker, & other Players did the same, it would likely be a better way of solving the problem. Dirty washing in public is never a good idea, & rarely solves a problem.

I do hope it all gets sorted though, & that the right decision - by all parties - is arrived at.
  • JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    It's Catch-22, this! More people will get paid when more people play it. If players decide not to play because not enough get paid, less people will get paid. It's how Poker works, Live & Online, the world over, because it makes no sense to pay more than 10% of the Field. The Players, & Sky Poker, are both trying to "build" this better-structured Tourney. If & when more players play it, more players will get paid. We can't blame the site for this, it's about demand. Not enough players are playing it right now, so not many get paid. A little patience, & determination to "build" the Tourney, is all it needs. Success is a long & bumpy road.
    Posted by Tikay10
    well the way to do this is take a risk grtd more,ppl go for bigger grtds, £20 £500 grtd? and u have sats at £5? £5 sat into £500 grtd? there not laughing at us now?
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009
    Dont forget  we now have satellite's to the deep stack ,  any satellite to any  tournament which cost a bit more is good in my opinion. It makes it possible for everyone to get a shot at these tournaments,,, The way i look at poker is,
    "I was that soldier once when i started playing poker all those years ago, and satellites was the way into the big  events. And Sky have listened in another thread to make this possible for every one's budget and pocket !!
  • JPDERRYJPDERRY Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2009
    7.5k five00 7 min blinds all in or fold and a lot of luck, 500 ds 12 min blinds and a lot of skill and a real game of poker. 
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    but r u getting vaule for money? sites add money to mtts? skypoker take money off, it will soon be 400 grtd,ppl follow grtds, remember playing £5 dp finish 10th bubble lasted 40 mins was playing about 5 hours £10 for my troubles great, big risk £500 grtd, but who cares about mtts not much rake? u have sats now grtd 1k
    edited July 2009

I'm Registered for tonight's £500 Deepie.

Good Luck all!

I think part of it might be covered in Hour 2 of Tonight's Show, too.