You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

Comments

• SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,737
    edited July 2009
    Sorry i ran out of steam - still in this and open (just). 
    edited July 2009
    Well, I went out the spot before the bubble, was getting a bit desperate.

above me: 
    dirtyjoe14£85 + 12 League Points0 
    phil12uk5£68 + 6 League Points0 
    FlashFlush6£510 
    polplays7 0 
    SoLack8 0
    Hayzie, Hubzter and DWOOD92 still going. DWOOD now got most of the chips (111000 of 170000) but blinds still only 1k/2k so still poss for the others

edited July 2009
    Hubzster gone out.  Lost most of chips to Haysie.  Hub went all in wit A10 on the sb Haysie called with 33 and then held up.

An Haysie just lost - he had trip Kings but DWOOD had 56 and hit an unlikey run.

Well played all - lets try and keep these numbers playing.
    edited July 2009
    At least I made the cash in the open.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    **sigh** some people still need educating in deepstacks... had a guy tonight get up to 18k within 30 mins yet was still out by the 1st break... o well im not complaing got me up to 16k lol
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    **sigh** some people still need educating in deepstacks... had a guy tonight get up to 18k within 30 mins yet was still out by the 1st break... o well im not complaing got me up to 16k lol
    Posted by FlashFlush
    What did you do with your 16K?

Dont remember seeing you on the FT:)
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : What did you do with your 16K? Dont remember seeing you on the FT:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Well I had a bit of a cooler with the only person that could hurt my stack!!.. This is what happened, let me know what you wud do and ne1 else if they have an opinion...

Blinds 150/300.. I have As Jc on SB .... Folds to button you raises to 600 i call, BB folds, flop Ad, 4s, 5s ... i check, button raises to 1500 (pot) i call, turn a 6s, I check, he then bets 4500 (pot again).. at this point he only has 5k left behind so i know he is commited, i have got pair of aces and nut flush draw, i think rather than calling im gonna put them all in... they called and showed A5, (2 pair.) i didnt improve and i went down to bout 5k .... looking back at it, i shud of re-raised pre to the min raise... but how wud u play it?
    edited July 2009
    The thing is you don't know where you are preflop - so you have no idea what he has, he could have been stealing with 23 (I would!)!  If I was on my game (I'm a bit inconsistent) I would have raised by a further 600 pre flop.  But hten again if I was in the position you were at the turn I would seriously consider folding.  But I'm always good with these hindsight hands lol.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited July 2009

I'm in this tonight  - see some of you guys later!

PS - 7 runners already, with 2 hours to go.

Any more for any more?
  • _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2009
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    _AppleMac_ Small blind  75.00 75.00 3500.00
    goodylad21 Big blind  150.00 225.00 9540.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

SoLack Fold     
    joyce1 Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  150.00 375.00 4612.50
    _AppleMac_ Raise  450.00 825.00 3050.00
    goodylad21 Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  375.00 1200.00 4237.50
    Flop

• J

_AppleMac_ Check     
    Tikay10 All-in  4237.50 5437.50 0.00
    _AppleMac_ All-in  3050.00 8487.50 0.00
    Turn

• A

River

_AppleMac_ Show
    • J
    • J

Tikay10 Show
    • Q

Tikay10 Win Flush to the Queen 8487.50  8487.50

Tikay just done me down in the deepy... my question is.... is there any way to get away from that hand... or does it just play itself...?
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    That just played itself apple m8. You were unlucky to run into a lucky fish who shoves on a draw and hits ;)
    edited July 2009
    That just played itself apple m8. You were unlucky to run into a lucky fish who shoves on a draw and hits ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Got me bang to rights there Phil.

Sorry Mr Apple.
    edited July 2009
    Not a problem...!

I do love the deepy though, allows for some proper poker...! Even though after hours of poker, a gambler takes a shot at a flush draw and wipes you out...! ;)
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance _AppleMac_ Small blind   75.00 75.00 3500.00 goodylad21 Big blind   150.00 225.00 9540.00   Your hole cards J J       SoLack Fold         joyce1 Fold         Tikay10 Call   150.00 375.00 4612.50 _AppleMac_ Raise   450.00 825.00 3050.00 goodylad21 Fold         Tikay10 Call   375.00 1200.00 4237.50 Flop     5 J 7       _AppleMac_ Check         Tikay10 All-in   4237.50 5437.50 0.00 _AppleMac_ All-in   3050.00 8487.50 0.00 Turn     A       River     4       _AppleMac_ Show J J       Tikay10 Show 9 Q       Tikay10 Win Flush to the Queen 8487.50   8487.50 Tikay just done me down in the deepy... my question is.... is there any way to get away from that hand... or does it just play itself...?
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    What you have to ask yourself is what would Tony say if he were analyising the hand.
    He has said before that yes he was a 32% to win the hand but when you checked and he went allin it increased his odds to win the hand. Ie if you didnt have trips you would have folded.
    Now then my point is that you let him semi bluff at you, had you bet out first it becomes more difficult for him to call or push.
    I know you know what im on about, i just thought i'd put my two peneth in.
    I would also expect Tony to say he was getting a decent price to call(in position), preflop.
    If i'm wrong then i'm sorry.
    col
    edited July 2009
    Not a problem...! I do love the deepy though, allows for some proper poker...! Even though after hours of poker, a gambler takes a shot at a flush draw and wipes you out...! ;)
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Well I never Call in that Spot in a million years, but by me Pushing, you HAVE to Pass. Unless you have Top Set, of course......Sorry man, really, that was sooooooo ugly.

Anyways, I dumped them off when I ran my KK into MASSIE's AA.

In the other one - the Mick Jenn - I got done over by a quite spectacular Pre-Flop Call by a guy with KQ. Hey-Ho. I only had A-7 mind, but I made it 12 x BB & he snap-Called me.

Tomorrow we do it all over again. The downswing continues!

I gotta say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed both Tourneys tonight. Lost £27, but hadda bunch of laughs with the regularzs.
  • hustler12hustler12 Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2009
    Tikay.... are you limping?!?!?!?! Not entering the pot with a raise? thats not like you :(
    edited July 2009
    Tikay.... are you limping?!?!?!?! Not entering the pot with a raise? thats not like you :(
    Posted by hustler12
    No - he Raised in the BB, & I called wth a view to nicking it later if he showed weakness. He checked the Flop, meaning he was either weak, or extremely strong.

Then it all went horribly wrong/right........

I had Q-9 of Clubs, Flop was J high, 2 clubs. He checked, I Jammed, he snap-Called, I binked.

My head hangs in shame.....
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : What you have to ask yourself is what would Tony say if he were analyising the hand. He has said before that yes he was a 32% to win the hand but when you checked and he went allin it increased his odds to win the hand. Ie if you didnt have trips you would have folded. Now then my point is that you let him semi bluff at you, had you bet out first it becomes more difficult for him to call or push. I know you know what im on about, i just thought i'd put my two peneth in. I would also expect Tony to say he was getting a decent price to call(in position), preflop. If i'm wrong then i'm sorry. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Totally agree with you col... and that is the best way to play the hand...

My thought behing is was that tikay would of called a riase with KJ maybe QJ... so thought i was dominating... how I got that wrong...! But yes agree with your commments...!

Just got knocked out 3rd in the mickjenn tourn, my AJ vs A8 hits 8... thems the breaks...
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : Totally agree with you col... and that is the best way to play the hand... My thought behing is was that tikay would of called a riase with KJ maybe QJ... so thought i was dominating... how I got that wrong...! But yes agree with your commments...! Just got knocked out 3rd in the mickjenn tourn, my AJ vs A8 hits 8... thems the breaks...
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    Well that's a bit of profit Apple - well done m8.

The Poker Gods ensured I never profited from my Binkage. It all equals out in the end, & I'm delighted you nicked a few bob tonight.

I hope you are able to play the tikay Sleepie - 7pm Wednesday. Plenty of laughage in that.
  • phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited July 2009
    I got another cash for £80 in the deepy but then got hammered by the poker gods - A9 v 8,7 and AQ v AJ both times seeing my dominated hands getting crushed by vile flops!! On a side note - congrats to deep stack regular Charlie aka Flashflush who took down the Open last night.