You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW

Comments

• MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW:
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I've played the Deep Stack a few times MadMoo, but recently I've been playing the 9pm MTT because that's what the producers wants the presenters to talk about on their nightly phonecalls to the show. But for what it's worth, I'll play the DS on my next Play The Presenter night- 21st July.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Thanks for that Rich,  I am sure this will increase the number of runners :)
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500gtd deep stack payment structure has to change NOW : I've played the Deep Stack a few times MadMoo, but recently I've been playing the 9pm MTT because that's what the producers wants the presenters to talk about on their nightly phonecalls to the show. But for what it's worth, I'll play the DS on my next Play The Presenter night- 21st July.
    Posted by RichOrford
    Booked that night in my diary, gtd pay out. hehe

And with regard to pay out structure, its fine as it is imo. Every1 is in the same boat. More runners is what is needed!

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    Look guys, This is how Skys structure works in ALL MTTS :- 

1-9 runenrs pays 2
     10 - 29 runners pays 3
     30 - 49 runners pays 5
     50 - 69 runners pays 8
     70 - 99 runners pays 10
     100- 199 runners pays 20 ( and then 10 more places paid per 100)

This is the way its always been... the only problem with skys payouts is when u have low 100's you get less than you buyin for ( should be 15 paid rather than 20) but that doesnt apply to the £20 deep.... Tikay is right (of course) it should not be changed, we just need more runners, it has not been changed in anyway to other trnys, if you all enter will will break 30 runners and will have 5 places paid.

please dont hold out on entering cos we will not break the 30+ mark and will lose this trny, and this is the bets trny sky have EVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited July 2009
    Look guys, This is how Skys structure works in ALL MTTS :-   1-9 runenrs pays 2  10 - 29 runners pays 3  30 - 49 runners pays 5  50 - 69 runners pays 8  70 - 99 runners pays 10  100- 199 runners pays 20 ( and then 10 more places paid per 100)  This is the way its always been... the only problem with skys payouts is when u have low 100's you get less than you buyin for ( should be 15 paid rather than 20) but that doesnt apply to the £20 deep.... Tikay is right (of course) it should not be changed, we just need more runners, it has not been changed in anyway to other trnys, if you all enter will will break 30 runners and will have 5 places paid.  please dont hold out on entering cos we will not break the 30+ mark and will lose this trny, and this is the bets trny sky have EVER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    sorry obviously 1-9 doesnt pay 2 ppl, i think its 1-5 pays 1 and 6-9 pays 2 but we will always get more than 5 runners neway!
  • BOSSBOXBOSSBOX Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009
    Please note: THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY. If you have got a tourny for £20+2 for 30 runners £500gtd that is quite a bit of money for some people to enter. They then look at the lobby and see it only pays the top 3. IF you are lucky OR good enough to Finnish 3rd you make £80. That will then give you 3 more entries to get in the money again, now i dont care how good some people think they are they are not going to get in the money 1 out of 4 consistently.So what would be the point in playing? You cant say it would be for fun because it would be expensive fun! My next point is about more players playing the £500 gtd, would love to see it, but you will still have the same problem with 50 players as 30. £20+2 obviously is £1000 witch will pay top 5, same scenario they will not play it as not enough places paid. This is why the payment structure needs to be changed to encourage other people to play IMO. Some people have said you know the structure before you play, if you dont like it dont play in it. Is this really the attitude we need to encourage people to play the deep stack? I will let you make your decision on that one. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
  • Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited July 2009
    Hi guys...tikay and FlashFlush are right about paying 10% of the field, that's the universal model.  We'd love you guys to be positive about this DS and as we get through summer and into those dark nights again, I think you'll find this and many other tournaments will see much greater numbers and increased payouts. 
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009
    Oh dear ..HELLO THE  LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY IS HOME !!! I'm really beginning to think 'The Suits' are 'Muppet's' or have NO idea how to market any event !!  If your trying to promote this or any tournament why are there no 'SIT an GO'  satellite's to enter them ? ..Ohhhhh  i forgot we've all got 22quid to throw in the pot every night, obviously every one's in full employment and the 'Recession' is over ??   If you want players for this kind of game or any  Gtd MTT then put more satellite's on and start putting Sit and Go  satellites in  for the events...

and heaven forbid they put a little 'Added' money to get it rolling !!!
    glk boys and gals... time for a glass of the ol Vino ya know  !! .. benny
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,815
    edited July 2009
    Oh dear ..HELLO THE  LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY IS HOME !!! I'm really beginning to think 'The Suits' are 'Muppet's' or have NO idea how to market any event !!  If your trying to promote this or any tournament why are there no 'SIT an GO'  satellite's to enter them ? ..Ohhhhh  i forgot we've all got 22quid to throw in the pot every night, obviously every one's in full employment and the 'Recession' is over ??   If you want players for this kind of game or any  Gtd MTT then put more satellite's on and start putting Sit and Go  satellites in  for the events... and heaven forbid they put a little 'Added' money to get it rolling !!! glk boys and gals... time for a glass of the ol Vino ya know  !! .. benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    I think that's a little unfair Benny.

It might sound a simple solution, but it's not.

Why?

Because the Satellites would need to be the same structure as the Event itself, & very few folks would be happy to sit for 4 hours just to win their Seat into the Event.

In terms of added money, there has been overlay most nights, so added money is already being pumped in, regularly.

As someone alluded to, above, it's a bad time of year to try to pump numbers, & once Autumn arrives, I'm very confident the nmbers will rise significantly. And if they don't, so be it, the players will have spoken, & said "no thanks, we don't want it".

It's very easy to knock those who organise things, but there are usually 2 sides to these problems. The Site has offered the Tourney, it's up to the players to decide if they want it. Throwing money at it is not a sustainable model. Sky Poker have Tourneys that get 700 runners regularly, and those players deserve to be looked after, too, as well as the present handful - including me - who would like to see some slower stuff.

I hope you are well, & I'll see you at Luton soon, I hope.
    edited July 2009

Benny, the suits are very keen to get behind the deepstacks because a small, but very important group of our players have requested longer structured events.  It is a relatively easy thing to set up an event but another thing to ensure it is running exactly as our customers want.  Our focus is almost always on the needs of the largest group of our players and it appears we've missed a trick with the sats for the deepstacks.  That's something I can look into and have sorted, and I will.

Behind the scenes at Sky Poker, those of us who are players are equally as serious about deepstack poker as you and we understand the importance of getting this right.  The forum is a great place for us to get feedback on all of our activities from our players, but I think we should be able to do that without calling each other muppets. 

edited July 2009
    Oh dear ..HELLO THE  LIGHTS ARE ON BUT NOBODY IS HOME !!! I'm really beginning to think 'The Suits' are 'Muppet's' or have NO idea how to market any event !!  If your trying to promote this or any tournament why are there no 'SIT an GO'  satellite's to enter them ? ..Ohhhhh  i forgot we've all got 22quid to throw in the pot every night, obviously every one's in full employment and the 'Recession' is over ??   If you want players for this kind of game or any  Gtd MTT then put more satellite's on and start putting Sit and Go  satellites in  for the events... and heaven forbid they put a little 'Added' money to get it rolling !!! glk boys and gals... time for a glass of the ol Vino ya know  !! .. benny
    Posted by bennydip2
     Poker is a game for EVERYONE! if you want small buyin fast structure trnys you have loads of them, if you want small buyin slow structures u still have plenty of trnys, i.e the £5 deepstack, and all the regular trnys are still 10 min blinds and plenty of play... but what about us who want a bigger buyin?? dont we deserve a trny, and that is what the "suits" have realised, and i am highly grateful they have started the £20 deep!  if this trny is out of your bankroll then dont play it! i dont think you can justify a satelite to a £20 trny.
    As for calling the suits "muppets" i think you need to appologise, they started this forum for US to let them know WHAT WE WANT, we have said what we want and they have done it. If £20 is too much for you then dont play, there are endless amount of smaller trnys on sky (too many imo)

Flash
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    GUYS GUYS GUYS..i got 4th and no cash other thn bossboxs bounty soz m8 awful call,,but i must say its the best torn on here so i think the suits upstairs and us players need to find a winning solution,we dont want sky taking this torn off but as players we want slightly better structure with places paid, 22.00 is a lot for us mortals so maybe make it 10.00 would that fill it more??. also why not once a week do the 22.00 ds on sat eve rather thn the open i think you will fill it more by really advertising and pushing it..im off for 2 weeks now all but b lukky
    edited July 2009

The product guys have sorted satellite options and there will be a £2.40 buy in 10 seater satellite starting at 3pm, 4pm and 5.45pm, with 1 in 10 qualifying to the deepstack.  To get them completed prior to the deepstack, they will run with 3,000 chips and 3 minute blinds.  There will also be a 5pm sat with a £4.80 buy in.  This will run to 7 minute blinds with 2,000 starting chips.  We'll review how these go and develop as appropriate.   Good luck anyone participating.

• mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    lads u want 2 keep this comp des has done all he can so please get urself registered for this comp, its wat we have all been miverin for. des tell u wat put me in wiv bounty on my head lets see the turnout 
    edited July 2009
    personally i think congrats to sky fantastic idea.. im having a awful time tho so having a 2 week break from here but hopefully i will play when i come back on site.gl all
  • MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited July 2009
    The product guys have sorted satellite options and there will be a £2.40 buy in 10 seater satellite starting at 3pm, 4pm and 5.45pm, with 1 in 10 qualifying to the deepstack.  To get them completed prior to the deepstack, they will run with 3,000 chips and 3 minute blinds.  There will also be a 5pm sat with a £4.80 buy in.  This will run to 7 minute blinds with 2,000 starting chips.  We'll review how these go and develop as appropriate.   Good luck anyone participating.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Thank you Des.
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited July 2009
    Please note: THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY. If you have got a tourny for £20+2 for 30 runners £500gtd that is quite a bit of money for some people to enter. They then look at the lobby and see it only pays the top 3. IF you are lucky OR good enough to Finnish 3rd you make £80. That will then give you 3 more entries to get in the money again, now i dont care how good some people think they are they are not going to get in the money 1 out of 4 consistently.So what would be the point in playing? You cant say it would be for fun because it would be expensive fun! My next point is about more players playing the £500 gtd, would love to see it, but you will still have the same problem with 50 players as 30. £20+2 obviously is £1000 witch will pay top 5, same scenario they will not play it as not enough places paid. This is why the payment structure needs to be changed to encourage other people to play IMO. Some people have said you know the structure before you play, if you dont like it dont play in it. Is this really the attitude we need to encourage people to play the deep stack? I will let you make your decision on that one. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    there has been posts on the forum calling for this deepstack with a decent gtd pot so there should be plenty of runners when word gets around,sky maybe need to run it on one of the banners?,but the prize strucure is the standard so i dont see why people are moaning,it just needs more runners...simples

gl dave
  • DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited July 2009
    GUYS GUYS GUYS..i got 4th and no cash other thn bossboxs bounty soz m8 awful call,,but i must say its the best torn on here so i think the suits upstairs and us players need to find a winning solution,we dont want sky taking this torn off but as players we want slightly better structure with places paid, 22.00 is a lot for us mortals so maybe make it 10.00 would that fill it more??. also why not once a week do the 22.00 ds on sat eve rather thn the open i think you will fill it more by really advertising and pushing it..im off for 2 weeks now all but b lukky
    Posted by razorkev
    huh? bounty in the deepstack???
    edited July 2009

The product suit has come up with a good solution on the payment schedule. 

What we are going to do is this, from tomorrow evening's deepstack (Thursday) we are going to pay 6 players as per the percentages below.  Now we generally would not do this, as 10% of the field is the norm, however we are keen to help you make this tournament successful so we will pay six until we start to see regular fields of 70 players plus.  Then we will readjust back to 10% of the field. 

We will keep an eye on this thread and if the consensus changes, we can review with you.

Payouts (6 players)

1st - 30.00%
    2nd - 22.50%
    3rd - 17.50%
    4th - 12.50%
    5th - 10.00%
    6th -   7.50%

edited July 2009
    this 1st one daveyy boss had 25.00 on his hd ,,I GOT IT...LOL
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    The product suit has come up with a good solution on the payment schedule.  What we are going to do is this, from tomorrow evening's deepstack (Thursday) we are going to pay 6 players as per the percentages below.  Now we generally would not do this, as 10% of the field is the norm, however we are keen to help you make this tournament successful so we will pay six until we start to see regular fields of 70 players plus.  Then we will readjust back to 10% of the field.  We will keep an eye on this thread and if the consensus changes, we can review with you. Payouts (6 players) 1st - 30.00% 2nd - 22.50% 3rd - 17.50% 4th - 12.50% 5th - 10.00% 6th -   7.50%
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des
    Good on you mate, you have listened to our gripes and been good on your word.
    To all my fellow poker players, it's up to us to make sure these tournies are well supported. I will play when i can, but if we don't, how can we now gripe about the "muppet suits" again.
    Sorry Des for that last  comment. I don't and have never thought of you as a muppet, but if i did you would be the chef lol. Why?, because no one can understand you welsh(hehe) accent and you throw everything into the mix and see what comes out the other side.

colin