You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    stokefc said:

Tikay10 said:

Talking of Stoke City, how much longer will Nathan Jones last as Manager?

if he doesn,t pull his finger out not very long

The trouble is if you get rid who is there out there who is guaranteed to do a better job and would be willing to come to Stoke. Sometimes you just have to stick rather than twist. It is such a hard division to get out of and without doubt the most competitive in world football. A couple of wins, confidence returns and suddenly you are looking up not down.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,562
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

@68Trebor @MAXALLY @stokefc

You've missed the banker of the round - Leeds at home to Stoke.

What can possibly go wrong at Elland Road tonight, after Saturday's debacle at Victoria Ground Bet365 Stadium?

*cough*
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286

WTF?

Bent coup, for sure.
  • Options

Played 10 MTT's on Tuesday and had a disaster. Total buy-ins £76, Cashes £2.64.
    Not played since then due to work. Only playing a couple tonight whilst watching the footie.
    Had a real scare yesterday when Our Lass rang us at work in absolute hysterics. Once I had deciphered that Willow had collapsed whilst on a walk and was not moving with her eyes shut in the middle of a field it was obviously a mad dash from work and a 20 min drive to get there. Whilst on route I had rung our vets and warned them I was bringing her straight in, Willow not the wife. On locating them I was hugely relieved to see Willow open her eyes and start to wag her tail as soon as she spotted me. She was given the all clear and seems none the worse for her experience. During that drive and the fear of the worst it made me realise just how much that dog means to me and the utter devastation I would have felt if the unthinkable had happened. Really puts things into perspective so a £75 loss, mehhh.

Bankroll £151.38.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    No luck tonight.
    7 at 7 came 49/130 with 1 Bounty.
    £500 Rebuy BH came 30/73 with 0 Bounty.
    Working tomorrow and then out for a few, so will probs be back on tables Sunday.

Had a £5 Acca for tomorrow,

Leicester @ 4/6.
    West Ham @ 10/11.
    Luton @ 21/20.
    Sheff Wed @ 19/20.
    Ipswich @ 3/4.
    Exeter @ 11/8 (This seems a HUGE price in my opinion)

Bankroll £135.81
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    68Trebor said:

Played 10 MTT's on Tuesday and had a disaster. Total buy-ins £76, Cashes £2.64.
    Not played since then due to work. Only playing a couple tonight whilst watching the footie.
    Had a real scare yesterday when Our Lass rang us at work in absolute hysterics. Once I had deciphered that Willow had collapsed whilst on a walk and was not moving with her eyes shut in the middle of a field it was obviously a mad dash from work and a 20 min drive to get there. Whilst on route I had rung our vets and warned them I was bringing her straight in, Willow not the wife. On locating them I was hugely relieved to see Willow open her eyes and start to wag her tail as soon as she spotted me. She was given the all clear and seems none the worse for her experience. During that drive and the fear of the worst it made me realise just how much that dog means to me and the utter devastation I would have felt if the unthinkable had happened. Really puts things into perspective so a £75 loss, mehhh.

Bankroll £151.38.

£75 loss? That was a cheap Vets bill then? glad all's ok...until my grandson came along my phone photo was my two dogs...much to the consternation of my wife and 4 children...so I get it
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Nearly got my acca in, should have just stuck to Exeter.

Played a few MTT's over Friday and Sunday and the highlight was probably satting into the £6k BH on Sunday. Managed to finish 73rd taking 2 bounties and played pretty well I thought losing a big pot when I got my JJ in against QJ, losing to the Q on the Turn.

With the Sky Double Points promo and what appears to be a bit of a losing streak I am going to focus on the 10p NL tables for the next couple of weeks and see how we get on.

Considering going skiing next Feb but not sure if I can justify the £1k cost and then the £500 spends on top. Decisions, decisions!

Had a lovely walk with Willow this morning across the fields. She met loads of dogs and had great fun chasing some low flying swallows. There really is nothing better in the world than being out and about early. One tired and contented Willow.

Bankroll £129.52

• Options

Day off today and it has been a productive one.
    Dropped daughter off at work for 9am, having already got lamb stew in slow cooker and washing on. Got back and took Willow out for an hour followed by mowing the lawns. Bacon bagels for brunch followed by an hour of cash poker. Looked at cruises for next summer and seem to have found a pretty good deal so maybe booking it in next couple of days. Decided against skiing this year as can't really afford and need to spend a week at my Dad's some time in the next 6 months and as we are away in October half term it would have to be February half term.
    Cash poker been up and down, as is it's perogative, and due to some bad play and some luck I have managed a small profit over the last couple of days. It does mean that this year at 5p/10p tables I have now played over 3,500 hands with a small loss of £17.54.
    Plan for the rest of the day is a walk with Willow, ending at The Grove, where I will meet our lass following work, hence the tea in a slow cooker, nothing worse than a couple of pints and then having to come home to prepare tea. Also hope to convince her about the cruise and Carling may help her agree to the plan. Its then a couple of hours on the tables followed by a relatively early night.

Bankroll £148.57

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Lost another £35 over Thurs and Fri on the 10p cash tables. 4 tabled for 2 hours on Thursday and made a small profit of £6. 4 tabled for 2.5 hours on Friday and lost £31. Has raised me to ask the question of the cash players out there what they find is there optimum length of session. Does it differ night to night or do you have a set time you play for.
    As I am off tomorrow and got home relatively early today, well in time for the 6pm Main Semi, I have decided to have a MTT night. I manged to qualify for the Sharpshooter through The Semi and have also regged for The Mini, obviously, and the £11 £500BH and £750BH. I have to say my record in Sats is alright and this year I have played 66 and qualified 17 times.
    Cruise for next summer booked at what I hope is a good price. I will now spend the next 12 months checking the price every week to convince myself I got the best deal. Pointless I know but just one of those things I do.
    Bought a pair of SALTER electric salt and pepper grinders today. Only got them as reduced from £28 to £7, one of the few perks of working in retail is you do get to see the bargains first. But then I always ask myself is it really a bargain when you would never of thought of buying them in the first place. Having purchased them and tried them out I do wonder how I have survived over 50 years without a pair. I am a sucker for a gadget, and they do look nice.

Bankroll (after regging for the above) £89.67
  • Options

Not the best couple of days on the MTT tables despite managing to qualify for the Sunday Major. Basically obliterated the old bankroll and as of this evening we are now sat at the lowly state of £82.17.
    Back to the 10p tables we go and in desperate need of a bit of rungood.

Bankroll £82.17.
  • Options

A very short session of 1/2 hour as didn't realise how tired I was until I sat down.
    Good start though with a profit of just over £14.

Bankroll £96.22
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @68Trebor

Loving the Diary, apologies not commented lately, I've been a bit meh.

Did you ever discover the reason that Willow had that funny turn in the field? Seems very odd. Animals have this incredible trick of pretending to be dead when threatened, though I'm not aware that dogs do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjzBQxN3x4
  • Options

Are you happy with how Villa's campaign has started? I thought you looked decent enough v Everton.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,698
    68Trebor said:

Played a few MTT's over Friday and Sunday and the highlight was probably satting into the £6k BH on Sunday. Managed to finish 73rd taking 2 bounties and played pretty well I thought losing a big pot when I got my JJ in against QJ, losing to the Q on the Turn.

With the Sky Double Points promo and what appears to be a bit of a losing streak I am going to focus on the 10p NL tables for the next couple of weeks and see how we get on.

Considering going skiing next Feb but not sure if I can justify the £1k cost and then the £500 spends on top. Decisions, decisions!

Had a lovely walk with Willow this morning across the fields. She met loads of dogs and had great fun chasing some low flying swallows. There really is nothing better in the world than being out and about early. One tired and contented Willow.

Bankroll £129.52

Looks like my dog

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

@68Trebor

Loving the Diary, apologies not commented lately, I've been a bit meh.

Did you ever discover the reason that Willow had that funny turn in the field? Seems very odd. Animals have this incredible trick of pretending to be dead when threatened, though I'm not aware that dogs do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjzBQxN3x4

Looking back I think she may have been stung / bitten and gone in to shock. Apparently this is more common than you would think. Never had any after effects, so all seems fine.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Are you happy with how Villa's campaign has started? I thought you looked decent enough v Everton.

I do worry for us a bit as I think we are still playing a bit naively and making to many mistakes that you would get away with in The Championship but not in The Premier League. Also think we lack a bit of firepower, although Wesley looks quality there is little back up if he gets injured or has a poor spell. Huge game on Monday night under the lights at Villa Park v The Hammers. These are the sort of home games we need to be getting points in if we are to stay up.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

68Trebor said:

Bankroll £129.52

Looks like my dog

Thought The Potteries was the home to the whippet.
  • Options

Had a decent session tonight of 1.5 hours and showed a profit of £12. Thought I probably played the best I have at the cash tables and felt very comfortable in my decision making. Also had a nice little chat with a few of the regs - SMARTGOAT, H3nry and Wubbzy. These guys are certainly winners at this level and could all definitely play higher.
    Bought a new armchair tonight, a brown leather recliner in which to watch football and play poker. Should be delivered sometime next week and will take pride of place in MY room. MY room is a small, what they call sunrooms these days, and has MY Samsung 32" TV with a dodgy Amazon firestick which gives me access to every sport channel worldwide, a pendulum clock with the lovely metronomic sound they make, a couple of Villa prints, my favourite proper print (The Arrival of The French Ambassador in Venice by Canaletto), a couple of chairs, Willow's rug, French Doors on to the garden, a dual lamp and currently a small sofa which is to be replaced with the new armchair.

Got a phone call from the Mother in Law at work today. She never rings me so I answered it with some trepidation expecting bad news. I couldn't of been more wrong. She has decided that she wants to pay for me and the wife to accompany her and her husband on a 14 night cruise next summer which they will pay for. They are going to book 2 Junior Suites and I am not to tell the wife as they want to surprise her. Sure I can put up with the small talk as it seems a tiny price to pay. I will never, ever laugh at a mother in law joke again.

Bankroll £107.53
  • Options

Had a disaster on the poker front and done something I haven't done in a long time. Punted off my bankroll by deciding that playing 50nl PLO on my mobile was a great idea. It's funny how these ideas only come into your head when one has had a pint or 8. So I woke this morning with £18 in the account and have decided the best course of action is to place this on 2 bets for tonight's football.

£10 Over 2.5 Goals - Coventry, Sunderland, Tranmere, Chelsea, Dortmund, Napoli - This will return £225.
    £8 Accum - Doncaster, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Wycombe, Coventry - This returns £190.

For the poker fund I will be depositing £150 and starting again. As I am on a late tomorrow and will also be keeping an eye on the footie it will be a night of MTT's.
    My new chair arrived this morning and I have to say for £90 is outstanding. It is brand new, has never been sat on and is exceedingly comfy. Full leather and recliner.
    Villa showed last night why I do have some worries about the season ahead. We look solid at the back with Mings and Engels (could be the new Martin Laursen in the making) both performing well and Guilbert getting better every game. In midfield we are OK with McGinn, Grealish and then Nakamba / Luis. I thought Nakambe showed quite a bit of promise and grew into the game as it went on. It is up front I worry and particularly out wide. El Ghazi is at best very good Championship level and Jota is really lacking in pace. This means Wesley is getting little service and seems quite isolated at times. I would love to see us push McGinn and Grealish further up the pitch, Jack collecting the ball off Mings and Engels in our half of the field isn't where we need him. It maybe that we play both Luis and Nakambe meaning that Jack could play at the front of a midfield triangle and then push McGinn up alongside Wesley and Davis to feed off their knock downs and win the second ball. McGinn has already shown he is not afraid of having a shot and is pretty handy at it to boot. This would mean we would be playing a pretty narrow formation but with Guilbert and possibly Targett playing as wing backs there should still be a decent threat from the wings. On the plus side we are looking defensively sound but as Huddersfield found out last season you still need to be scoring goals. Tough next game away at Arsenal and then a little run of Burnley at home, Norwich away and Brighton at home. Those three fixtures are key and after them we will have a far greater understanding of how the season may pan out.
    Nice weekend coming up with a full day session in Huddersfield on Saturday with a 1:30pm start and then got a table booked at The Foxglove in Kirkburton on Sunday for me, the wife and her mum and partner.
    Daughter is returning to Newcastle tomorrow to start year 2 of uni so I am doing her favourite tea, Dad's roast, and then it is back to the tables.
    NO MORE PLO!!!!!!

Bankroll £150.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Nice update @68Trebor

GL with both those bets.

Full session of what in Huddersfield?

No mention of Willow?

Have to say, the referee last night put in a woeful performance. Think it was 2 points lost rather than a point gained though.