You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Return of 68Trebor

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited August 2017
    Six Feet Under.

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,657
    edited August 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor:
    Breaking Bad, the very best ever.
    Posted by mumsie
    hah . boys from the blackstuff is better....shake hands....
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,406
    edited August 2017
    Scully.
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    edited September 2017

Not played since last Monday due to a combination of work and feeling I needed to take a short break as I was becoming frustrated with how I was playing and how I was running. I am back on the tables tonight and feel refreshed and raring to go. This has been vindicated by me just qualifying for The Sunday Major, for the first time, through a £24 semi. Will also be playing the £6000 Bounty Hunter and the Mini Major. Really looking forward to playing the Major and hoping for a cash.
     Started watching 'The Wire' following the comments above and what a great choice. Have watched the entire first season and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is definitely my type of series and I am really hoping the second season is as good.
     Went out last night to The Woolpack in Almondbury. Its one of those pubs where the landlord, Steve, wears a tie and really cares about his customers and his beer. I ended up having a few Guiness, consistently the best I have tasted outside Dublin, Timothy Taylor Landlord and Yorkshire Blonde. Was suffering a bit this morning but an hour in the garden and a couple of cans with my lunch soon sorted me out. Whilst out I was talking to my mate, Brian, and he had some good news in the form of a £5000 payment from his PPI claim. The reason I mention this is that is so easy to do and there really is nothing to lose. Bri was one of those who 'couldn't be bothered' and it was only through my pushing him in to it that he finally completed the form. So if you haven't claimed and you think you might have paid out for PPI get the forms filled in, nothing to lose, just ask Bri.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 230
     Total Profit =
     £1908781
     Total ROI =
     54.69%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 1480
     Total Profit = -£53.24
     BB/100 = -17.99

Live Poker MTT's Played = 34
     Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited September 2017
    Narcos is worth a watch. 
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Narcos is worth a watch. 
    Posted by waller02
     Seen it and like you say definitely worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    Still think Homeland will take some beating.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Not been running well / playing optimally in the MTT's lately and with time an issue at the moment, thanks to the delights of retail, I have decided to dedicate September to the Cash Tables. I will plan to 3-table 10nl and see how we go. It has been a long term goal to crack the Cash game, or at least be proficient enough to not lose money. I intend to post a fair few hands where I am not sure if my decision making was correct and hopefully as a result of the Forum's input start to improve my game.
     On the job front I have heard back from Debenhams and it was a no, although they did recognise my experience and my demeanour on the phone. The problem at the moment is that I am currently overpaid for the role I do, and although this is obviously nice, it does make job hunting difficult. The masterplan is to remain in my current pay scale for the next 7 years and then I should be in a place to slow down a bit, take a paycut and actually do a job which gives me a better home / work balance. In the meantime I will keep applying and see where it leads me. As we speak I am still waiting to hear back from Boots and Wickes. If there are any retail people out there who are interested in Store Mangers drop me a note and I will be in contact.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 235
     Total Profit =
     £1832.61
     Total ROI =
     49.89%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 1480
     Total Profit = -£53.24
     BB/100 = -17.99

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,028
    edited September 2017
    In Response to Re: The Return of 68Trebor :  Seen it and like you say definitely worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it. Still think Homeland will take some beating.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Season 3 started on 1st. Haven't watched any yet though and not sure how I will feel about another season given how season 2 ended.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Started my September Cash adventure today and got in 800 hands, 3 tabling 10nl, showing a profit of £21.97 on the day. Thought I played pretty well and think the fact I split the day into 3 sessions definitely helped me maintain focus. One of the faults in my cash game previously has been to sit at the laptop for hours on end and fall into auto pilot mode where I don't play optimally and end up losing money. One thing I did notice was the vast array of talent on show. There are a fair few, very obvious regs, who play good, solid poker. There are the rec players who don't seem to mind a gamble and then there are some players I just don't get. I ended up tussling with them all and think going forward it is going to be key to suss the villain before I decide my play.
     It cost me today when I ended up getting it all in against a decent reg with a set of 9's only for him to be holding the flopped straight. It was the Ace on the turn that really cost me as I thought that was the card that made him go all in, (see below). I ended up losing to a J on the river against a rec player when we got it all on the turn with my AK dominating his KJ on the flopped K. I also won a hand against I don't know what when I bet the river in a 3 way, unopened pot, holding 10 high and got called but still won. As I say the standard is very varied and it will be important to understand my opponents going forward, notes will be key.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Argyle2017 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.94
        ***          Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £18.17
      Your hole cards

Tumnus93 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £5.98
    dannygeeze Fold     
    68Trebor Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £13.82
    Argyle2017 Fold     
        ***          Call  £0.30 £0.95 £17.87
    Tumnus93 Call  £0.30 £1.25 £5.68
    Flop

***           Check     
    Tumnus93 Check     
    68Trebor Bet  £0.94 £2.19 £12.88
        ***          Call  £0.94 £3.13 £16.93
    Tumnus93 Fold     
    Turn

• A

***          Check     
    68Trebor Bet  £2.35 £5.48 £10.53
        ***           All-in  £16.93 £22.41 £0.00
    68Trebor All-in  £10.53 £32.94 £0.00
        ***          Unmatched bet  £4.05 £28.89 £4.05
        ***          Show

68Trebor Show

River

***           Win
    Flush to the Ace £27.49 
     £31.54

• Options
    edited September 2017

This is where we now stand, aim is to get Cash into the green asap.

Total Profit =
     £1832.61
     Total ROI =
     49.89%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 2280
     Total Profit = -£31.27
     BB/100 = -13.71

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited September 2017
    Hi Trebor

Good luck with the switch over to cash. I've played you a couple of times at the cash tables before and you seemed pretty solid to me so I'm sure you'll be profitable over the long run.

With regards to your hand with the pocket nines, whilst it's a bit of a gross spot, I still think your call was the correct play here. If you repeatedly find yourself being forced out of pots to aggression when you are this high in your range you will become expoitably weak and risk being run over (especially if/when you move up beyond 10nl). Decent aggressive regs will be taking this line with more than just 87 (and they are only likely to have the 4 suited combos of this in their range in this spot). 66, QJs, J8s and AT are all reasonable holdings for the big blind to have here when taking this line and you have them crushed in those instances (not to mention random spazzing and other possible pair plus flush draw/2 pair type hands).

To break the numbers down a little more, When facing the shove on the turn you need to call £10.53 to win a total pot of £28.89 (I'm forgetting the rake for now for ease of calculating). This means you need to win the hand 36% of the time or more for the call to be profitable. Even when your opponent is holding the nuts here (87) you will still boat up by the river 23% of the time which means if they are also doing this with any of the other hands mentioned above 13% of the time or more (which I think is pretty likely), it is a long term profitable decision to make the call in this spot. It sucks that it didn't work out for you this time but it's important not to be too focused on the outcome of one hand when looking into the best line to take over the longer term. I'm sure plenty out there will disagree with me but, for my money, it's a gulp, sigh and hit the call button spot.

Best of luck out there and I'm sure I'll bump into you on the tables soon :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Played poorly tonight, too tired having been up at 4:30am for a 6am start. Played far too aggressively and got caught too many times. One hand I would like people's views on is the following. The Villain is unknown to me, and I often find myself in similar situations. Is the fold correct or should I be getting it in.
    bankster1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.95
    BULLETCLUB Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.51
      Your hole cards

mongo229 Fold     
    WUBBZY1401 Fold     
    Mingyg Fold     
    68Trebor Raise  £0.25 £0.40 £13.59
    bankster1 Raise  £1.55 £1.95 £8.40
    BULLETCLUB Fold     
    68Trebor Call  £1.35 £3.30 £12.24
    Flop

bankster1 All-in  £8.40 £11.70 £0.00
    68Trebor Fold     
    bankster1 Muck     
    bankster1 Win  £3.05  £3.05
    bankster1 Return  £8.40 £0.25 £11.45
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Total Profit =
     £1832.61
     Total ROI =
     49.89%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 2730
     Total Profit = -£61.76
     BB/100 = -22.62

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Going to post 2 hands from this morning to highlight to myself how badly I play sometimes.

This 1st one I don't mind my play up until the Turn. I have to realise that when I am calling that All-In I must be behind.
    Never gonna be successful when blowing my stack like this.

***                               Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £19.59
    68Trebor Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £39.61
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

***           Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £19.09
    68Trebor Raise  £1.40 £2.20 £38.21
       ***           Call  £1.00 £3.20 £18.09
    Flop

• A
    • K

68Trebor Bet  £2.40 £5.60 £35.81
      ***           Call  £2.40 £8.00 £15.69
    Turn

68Trebor Bet  £4.60 £12.60 £31.21
       ***           All-in  £15.69 £28.29 £0.00
    68Trebor Call  £11.09 £39.38 £20.12
       ***           Show
    • A

68Trebor Show
    • Q
    • A

River

***           Win Two Pairs, Aces and 6s £38.38  £38.38
  • Options
    edited September 2017

In some ways this hand is even more stupid.
     As the hand plays out and we get to the River and the villain shoves I am sat there thinking I must be behind to a Full House and start putting my opponent on A6, although I doubt he would open with that hand, but I still know I must be behind surely for him to shove as he knows I am calling. So why do I call? This is probably one of my biggest leaks at Cash, calling off when I know I am behind. I wouldn't do it in a MTT so why do I do it when its cash? When I know the answer to that question I might become a winning cash player. 

LARSON7 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £39.58
    Snappy14 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £16.29
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

***           Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £44.65
    M_thomo Fold     
    68Trebor Call  £0.60 £1.50 £21.19
    ChrisJ89 Call  £0.60 £2.10 £20.66
    LARSON7 Fold     
    Snappy14 Fold     
    Flop

• A

Bet  £1.05 £3.15 £43.60
    68Trebor Call  £1.05 £4.20 £20.14
    ChrisJ89 Call  £1.05 £5.25 £19.61
    Turn

• J

***           Bet  £3.94 £9.19 £39.66
    68Trebor Call  £3.94 £13.13 £16.20
    ChrisJ89 Fold     
    River

***           All-in  £39.66 £52.79 £0.00
    68Trebor All-in  £16.20 £68.99 £0.00
      ***           Unmatched bet  £23.46 £45.53 £23.46
      ***           Show
    • A
    • A

68Trebor Show
    • Q
    • K

***           Win Full House, Aces and 6s £43.73  £67.19
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Despite those two hands above I only recorded a small loss of £4, just think what could be if I start getting those big hands correct.
     A situation I would appreciate feedback on is people's views of playing AQ out of position following a raise and a call. Do you auto fold, call or 3-bet.
     Gonna take a break now and mow the lawn. I will return tonight and have another crack at the cash tables whilst listening to Steve Bruce's probable final game in charge of the Villa. Honestly think if we don't win tonight he will be gone. Not sure it will be the correct decision but with the squad we have we should be doing better and he doesn't seem to know his best team still.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 237
     Total Profit =
     £1788.61
     Total ROI =
     48.12%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 3130
     Total Profit = -£71.76
     BB/100 = -11.46

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Have experienced the rollercoaster that is variance over the last couple of days. Had a couple of poor sessions and then had a cracker this afternoon managing to profit by over 3 buy ins, over £60. Have to say I ran really well and seemed to win the majority of flips. Its funny how the swings seem much bigger in cash than in MTT's.
     Yet again Villa have failed to perform and could only manage another 0-0 draw. Although I am not a keen fan of constantly chopping and changing the manager I also realise that something has to change very soon or we will be kissing another season good-bye. I really hope it is under Bruce but his time is surely running out. Need a win on Saturday away at Barnsley, but if you asked me to name the team I wouldn't have a clue and what worries me even more is I don't think Bruce still knows the best 11 or even the best system.
     Seriously considering moving house again and have had a look at a couple of properties from the outside today, in Meltham and Holmfirth, and also requested a redemption figure for the mortgage. May look to get a valuation on out property in the next week or so and then weigh up the figures.
     Tonight you will find me at the 20nl cash tables where I hope to move my cash profit into the green.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 237
     Total Profit =
     £1788.61
     Total ROI =
     48.12%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 4240
     Total Profit = -£11.61
     BB/100 = -1.37

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%

• Options
    edited September 2017

Following on from my last post in which I was planning to get back to break even I did go on to play 20nl that night and got totally owned by a long time regular, who incidentally also does a diary on here. Since that night I have not played any poker and after taking time away from the tables I have decided to go back to what I am good at, or at least not awful at, and that is the MTT tables. I will be playing mainly £5 and £10 MTT's as I think I may have been getting ahead of myself playing the £22 and £33 tournies, plus the fact I have had to withdraw a fair chunk of the old roll. Why, I hear you ask, well that's a funny story, not funny at all to be honest.
     Last Tuesday I was off and as is usual I had made tea for myself, the wife and my daughter. On a Tuesday my daughter goes dancing, in Dewsbury, a good 30 mins drive, and my wife always takes her, part of the deal when we moved from Dewsbury. So having all had a very nice tea, chilli, and having sorted out the pots I was ready for an evening of footie on the TV without the distraction of the female members of the family. Just as I was settling down the phone goes and its my better half explaining that the car had just come to a stand still at a set of traffic lights in Batley and was refusing to go anywhere. I asked the relevant questions, has a red light appeared on the dashboard, knowing she was short on petrol before she set off, have you run out of petrol, "no, I just filled it up" came the reply. Straight away, as you are all thinking now, I immediately assumed she had put diesel in her petrol car. "You haven't put diesel in instead of petrol have you?" "I'm not stupid, of course I haven't". So with a heavy heart I set off in the rain and dark to assess the situation and rescue my stranded family. On arrival it became evident I had no idea what was wrong, but there was a nagging thought that diesel instead of petrol may still be the answer. "Are you sure you didn't put diesel in?" "I don't think so" Why don't you look at the receipt I hear you shout, oh dear she threw it in the bin. "If you take me back to the pumps I will show which one I put in and then we will know" Great idea I thought so off we drove and on reaching the pumps she showed me the petrol pump and was adamant that was the one she used. This left us with no alternative than to join the AA and get them to come and have a look. For this pleasure they charged me the princely sum of £167, but as our lass said that's my fault as we should be members anyway. To be fair to the AA they were there within the hour and a very pleasant chap started to try and identify the problem, he looked under the bonnet, tried the engine and then got out the car and said "I see you have a full tank, have you just filled up?" "Yes, I've just put £40 in" said the wife. "You sure you didn't put diesel in" asked the AA man. ''No I'm pretty sure I didn't". The AA man didn't seem convinced and so did some checks. Guess what, she put diesel in a petrol car. Guess what, this cost me another £200 to get them to come out next day and clear it. I learnt 2 things last Tuesday, go with your instinct and it's always my fault.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 238
     Total Profit =
     £1783.11
     Total ROI =
     47.90%

Cash Poker Hands Played = 4450
     Total Profit = -£106.51
     BB/100 = -11.97

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Back where I am happiest, on the MTT tables, and it shows. Played 4 x £5.50 tournies and finished 7/105 in a £500 BH. I was going along nicely when I suffered technical problems and couldn't load any of my tables suddenly in the middle of the game. At the time I was about 5/12 and when I eventually got back on the table I was 7/7 and down to about 4bb. I ended up shoving and was knocked out. Fair play to SKY though, as I did speak to the online CHAT and they have credited my account with £5 as a form of compensation. I also managed a 1/99 in another £500 BH for a return of £110. So a good night all around back at the level I probably belong at. 
     Tomorrow I will probably be playing a couple of tournies, possibly 7 at 7 and the Mini. Might also take a punt at one of the Super Sunday sats. 

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 242
     Total Profit =
     £1887.94
     Total ROI =
     50.41%

Total Profit = -£106.51
     BB/100 = -11.97

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Can't believe its been 8 days since my last post, I have no idea where time goes. Not much to report really, my 49th over the weekend was a quiet affair of a few drinks with friends on Saturday night and a nice lunch out with the wife on Sunday. On Saturday I took my daughter to an Open Day at the University of Liverpool and was very impressed with the facilities and the content of the course she is looking to study. She has now concluded her search and come to the following five she will be applying to Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Exeter and Northumbria. With the only possible change being Newcastle at number one. When I was sat there listening to a lecturer talking about the course and what will be studied it made me realise how grown up she is becoming and also how proud of her I am as it was all gobblygook to me.
     Steve Bruce seems to have found his starting 11 and for the first time in many a season we have become a decent team to watch with a solid defence. Its funny, not really, how we have spent millions looking for that elusive superstar to lead the line and all along we had a kid in the ranks who could do the job. Watch for the name Keinan Davis, going to be a Premier League star of the future. A win at home to Bolton on Saturday should see us in or very near the play-offs and that would be some transformation from where we were. The Villa of old would probably lose the game on Saturday so it will be a real test of whether we have turned a corner. 
     Work is suddenly all about Halloween, Bonfire Night and the dreaded C word. Not got anywhere with any job applications although still waiting to hear back from William Hill, where I have applied for a job as Operations Manger, a role that would suit me down to the ground.
     Me and the wife have decide that we will put on hold moving for another 3 years. There are 3 reasons for this, firstly we are on a long term mortgage deal and there is a get out payment of £8k, secondly we will have paid off a fair chunk of mortgage by then giving us the chance to really cut our mortgage as we downsize, thirdly our son will definitely not be moving back by then and our daughter should be well on the road to independence.
     On the poker front I have hardly played but did play the Main and Mini last Friday despite saying I was sticking to £5 and £10 buy-ins. This was due to my win last week but as of today I will be sticking to the £10 and under. Tonight I will be playing a couple of £500 BH, the £1000 BH at 6:30pm and the 7 at 7.

SKY Poker MTT's Played = 249
     Total Profit =
     £1817.09
     Total ROI =
     47.48%

Total Profit = -£106.51
     BB/100 = -11.97

Total Profit = £635
     Total ROI = 57.57%