You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!....

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

The open, 50 players left, Guess whos chip leader!!!!

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why do I keep doing this?? How can I keep blowing winning positions? came 20oddish.....loada rubbish...

Really getting me down this now,  It's hurting badly. Fed up of waking up in a morning with that horrid feeling of what could and should have been. Ok so its not as strong a position as Ive blown before, But all the same, to be the gaffer in a 500+ runner with 40 left then blow it is quite sickening. 

A depressed Dohh :(

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
    edited January 2010

Nice little cash in tonight's Main Mr Dohx7!

Hitting form nicely.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    How did the safari perform JJ ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Firefox crashed as soon as the 2nd table tried to load. Nt tried safari yet, bak on IE lol. - ill try it now n let u no

DOHH
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!....:
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : I agree, an  aggressive flat call is my favourite move.
    Posted by elsadog
    An aggressive flat call? Are you agreeing with me or ridiculing my question? I'm not sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : An aggressive flat call? Are you agreeing with me or ridiculing my question? I'm not sure.
    Posted by Seagull158

Whoa! down Tiger!

It was a little joke. If you read the thread I questioned whether he should even be in the hand. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Whoa down Tiger!
    Posted by elsadog
    Elsa, I'm a novice searching for answers. I'm still not sure.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Elsa, I'm a novice searching for answers. I'm still not sure.
    Posted by Seagull158

See my addition on post above. Didn't realise you had answered.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Whoa! down Tiger! It was a little joke. If you read the thread I questioned whether he should even be in the hand. 
    Posted by elsadog
    I've seen much funnier ones from you and others. So flatting is defo the wrong play? Its either fold or shove even with 4000 chips?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Tikay, what's wrong with flatting to see what the guys behind do? If he raises behind you can lay them down, if he calls you see the flop and decide and if he folds you see the flop and put the shortstack AI.
    Posted by Seagull158
    Sorry Seagull,

I just can't ever Call there, ever, we are playing WAY too shallow to be smoothing.

I think it's a close run thing between Shove or Muck, but I can never Call there, I think it's a bad, bad play, imo.

We just give ourselves a big headache on the Flop unless we bink our 9, as we have no idea where we are. If we think we are good, shove, if not Fold.

The thing with Calling there is that we are taking the easy way out, the soft option. We are not sure. If we are not sure, Pass. If we are, shove.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Dohx7, sorry about my "nice little cash" Post. I Posted it before I saw your Post. It looks bad now!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im with the captain its raise or fold, wether it be all in or fold, is another matter, as the fella behind is calling or he aint, so as long as the raise issignificant, ill get the answer.I had enough back to continue, If I shove n he snaps, Im dead, with a S S left with 5xbb n laughing at me, that was my reasoning.

Love the word BINK tho ;)

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Sorry Seagull, I just can't ever Call there, ever, we are playing WAY too shallow to be smoothing. I think it's a close run thing between Shove or Muck, but I can never Call there, I think it's a bad, bad play, imo. We just give ourselves a big headache on the Flop unless we bink our 9, as we have no idea where we are. If we think we are good, shove, if not Fold.   The thing with Calling there is that we are taking the easy way out, the soft option. We are not sure. If we are not sure, Pass. If we are, shove.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok, I get it. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeh no prob TK, no such thing as a nice little cash in my eyes neway. Unless little means a few thousand, but thats a long way away yet ;) lol

Got poker on the mind 24/7, dream about it, wake up thinking about it, means so much, so the swings r getting to me more than ever right now.

Winning n getting down about not winning more, oops, am I entering dangerous territory?

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im with the captain its raise or fold, wether it be all in or fold, is another matter, as the fella behind is calling or he aint, so as long as the raise issignificant, ill get the answer.I had enough back to continue, If I shove n he snaps, Im dead, with a S S left with 5xbb n laughing at me, that was my reasoning. Love the word BINK tho ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can see the problem with smoothing is you find out nothing about the guy behind. Trouble is that if you shove and he calls your tourny is on the line. Just doesnt sem right to fold the 9s when the shortstack is begging to be taken out! So that leaves your play as best option.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : I can see the problem with smoothing is you find out nothing about the guy behind. Trouble is that if you shove and he calls your tourny is on the line. Just doesnt sem right to fold the 9s when the shortstack is begging to be taken out! So that leaves your play as best option.
    Posted by Seagull158

Under normal rules yes. But this was a DYM and Dohhhhh was one k over average at the bubble and the shortstack was leaking chips away by flat calling.

Therefore I think it's questionable whether involvement is necessary.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : Under normal rules yes. But this was a DYM and Dohhhhh was one k over average at the bubble and the shortstack was leaking chips away by flat calling. Therefore I think it's questionable whether involvement is necessary.
    Posted by elsadog
    OK I see the logic. Better to fold OOP and let someone else deal with him or wait for a better opportunity in position.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!.... : OK I see the logic. Better to fold OOP and let someone else deal with him or wait for a better opportunity in position.
    Posted by Seagull158

IMO yes but it's a close call either way.

• Options
    edited January 2010

Im really glad this decision has been contested so strongly. I guess there's no right or wrong answer? 

Exactly the sort of response I want when offering a scenario....

Makes me look at it from many different angles!

TY, a slightly happier dohh :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Maybe we should do one of these tricky DYM "tactical" plays as this week's Make Your Play?