You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!....

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: DOHHH's TP preperation sit n go specific thread!....:
    Im really glad this decision has been contested so strongly. I guess there's no right or wrong answer?  Exactly the sort of response I want when offering a scenario.... Makes me look at it from many different angles! TY, a slightly happier dohh :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

The factor that's not been brought into this is time. Reasoning all this out in the short time available is impossible so I might have gone either way. A time-bank would be useful for just such scenarios.

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    donkeyplopdonkeyplop Member Posts: 3,795
    edited January 2010
    there are some very helpfull tips on here.

it seems alot of dym players have been reading this as ive been finding it harder to win them lately lol!!

id take talon's advice as hes got it spot on!!
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    best of luck tonight doh in training  ,

go get them m8y !
  • Options
    AceAceBabyAceAceBaby Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2010
    1st read of thread. really interesting and very helpfull for me to. i play quite alot of dym's and was shocked at the 7-10 needed for practical profit by TK but very helpfull. Thanks for a helpfull thread dohhhhhhh
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Tikay with all ur help on this thread, if I started one of my own...............would Orford become my 'aide' on it? ;)
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    1st read of thread. really interesting and very helpfull for me to. i play quite alot of dym's and was shocked at the 7-10 needed for practical profit by TK but very helpfull. Thanks for a helpfull thread dohhhhhhh
    Posted by AceAceBaby
    6 out of 10 will give you a decent enough profit to grind out tbh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If ur a good player, 6/10 really should be the minimum u achieve. I got 6/10, and it should have been at least 8/10. Its 1 rash decision/lapse in concentration that can cost ya big time.

Havng played the 10 straight off at 5.50, I entered a normal sng at 5.50, which took ages!!! At least an hour. I got heads up and got my oppo in with trips v a flush draw, which he hit, and then got it all in again with ace king amazingly he had queens and I missed, 2 huge chances to win, and no luck.

I played an £11 dym too, which I cruised through really easily, It helps when 1 guy haves a massive stack, rather than 4 equal stacks on the button.

Just slept through the Man U game, was devvod' until I saw the result! ugh!

Bak on the sng grind tomorow from midday, gona play some scarys - any1 1 play these? r they a complete donk fest?

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If ur a good player, 6/10 really should be the minimum u achieve. I got 6/10, and it should have been at least 8/10. Its 1 rash decision/lapse in concentration that can cost ya big time. Havng played the 10 straight off at 5.50, I entered a normal sng at 5.50, which took ages!!! At least an hour. I got heads up and got my oppo in with trips v a flush draw, which he hit, and then got it all in again with ace king amazingly he had queens and I missed, 2 huge chances to win, and no luck. I played an £11 dym too, which I cruised through really easily, It helps when 1 guy haves a massive stack, rather than 4 equal stacks on the button. Just slept through the Man U game, was devvod' until I saw the result! ugh! Bak on the sng grind tomorow from midday, gona play some scarys - any1 1 play these? r they a complete donk fest? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    my m8 used to play scarys and he crushed them... so possibly a donk fest lol, i guess your super agression should work a treat... gl with everything m8.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Bkackfish ur m8 is obviously a genius! - I believe these r the true test of a players ability! haha

Played 2 won 2! Fair enough one was 5.50 n the other 30p, but it was the only one open!!! lolol

They're fun, but still took 30 mins to play to the end!! -Still stressing bout getting the games in as my computer seems to be running slower and slower. :( -- Might have to resort to the dreaded heads up! "gulp"

Asked the guys on the table if this was the fastest sng format available - n they suggested Russian roulette??? - May have to take some coin flips to get the games in! - only if Iv been running gud that night tho ;)

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Ok record for today, 

3 sit n goes (top 2) - 1st, 1st, 1st, 

4 DYMS, 1st, 1st, 2nd (site probs cost me) 1st! :)

All the advice is really helping, I cant wait to get on the cash tables later and 4 bet pre with 3 high! let off some steam! hahaha

Anyway only one question today really, something that never came up last time as I found the early stages really easy going.

2nd hand of the DYM, no reads on anyone...

Theres a limp UTG, and a 3x BB raise behind him, folded round to me in the BB I have Kings. Now then....Im not gonna say what I did, I want u guys to explain your move, obviously a raise, how much and why?

I definately want to play this hand right? (by play it I mean get a caller and see a flop...) - Answers on a post plz!

Also later on, blinds 50/100, Ive raised utg with KK 3x bb, too small? 2 callers. Flop ace high? Do u give up here??? or rep the A? I bet half pot and it worked, does this work long term?

Both scenarios DYM specific.

Thanx, DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i make it 10x with your KK in situation 1... its the idea of the raise should be at least 3x so that would be 9xBB and i added 1 BB for the limper, some donk will probably call with AJ anyway.

I rep the ace with my KK as well and yes it does work, ooo he raised he must have AK lol.

• Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2010
    Ok record for today,  3 sit n goes (top 2) - 1st, 1st, 1st,  4 DYMS, 1st, 1st, 2nd (site probs cost me) 1st! :) All the advice is really helping, I cant wait to get on the cash tables later and 4 bet pre with 3 high! let off some steam! hahaha Anyway only one question today really, something that never came up last time as I found the early stages really easy going. 2nd hand of the DYM, no reads on anyone... Theres a limp UTG, and a 3x BB raise behind him, folded round to me in the BB I have Kings. Now then....Im not gonna say what I did, I want u guys to explain your move, obviously a raise, how much and why? I definately want to play this hand right? (by play it I mean get a caller and see a flop...) - Answers on a post plz! Also later on, blinds 50/100, Ive raised utg with KK 3x bb, too small? 2 callers. Flop ace high? Do u give up here??? or rep the A? I bet half pot and it worked, does this work long term? Both scenarios DYM specific. Thanx, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Always keep your raises the same 3 times or 4 ur choice + another 1 for each limper it disguises ur hand strengh and reraise 2 times ur initial raise + 1 or 2 extra depending on limpers.

So many people on this site when stealing raise 7,10 even 20 times the big blind.Mike Cairo's tell strength represents weakness and weakness strength.Basically if your so strong why such a big raise you would surley wanna get paid.

Your second part depends on flop texture opponets looseness and opponents position.
    You shoud be noting opponents ranges from postitions seen as so we dont have huds on sky.
    The loosness of the player is found out as the game goes along but seen as though you dont have time to get a descent profile on all players i'd just base it on flop texture and ur reads on the players(assigned playing ranges of players).

Is it a drawing board is it Ace with 2 high cards or Ace with 2 low cards which is perfect for a c bet.
    But in generall i would always c bet kings and it aint like you dont have anything
    if you aint got the stack size to c bet it should be a shove pre so in generall its a good ploy.
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited January 2010
    Doh you need to look into independent chip modelling for the situations where the prize and payouts affect your play more than the hand you hold. dyms are horrible because you have to play so tight!

I think I remember the first hand you had you had A6 in the sb 4 way on the bubble. I think that's an unexploitable shove because of stack sizes and being on the bubble. due to the way the payouts work it's very very bad play for your opponent to be calling all in unless he has a really strong hand.

Try here for a starter on ICM calcs, it's a pretty good intro.

it's easy enough to find calcs online that you just enter stack sizes etc and it tells you optimal play for the different stack sizes/positions relative to payouts.

You can also find a discussion of the validity of ICM here :-

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Ugh HU practise guys, that was embarassing, I got smashed to pieces! By making raises re raises, 3 bets 4 bets! Ida been better waiting for a hand!

WP 2 my oppO! I might as well not have been there, fantastic HU play! I dint get a look in!

DOHH
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Good game tonight Dohhhhhhh - hate the coolers when at final table
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hey guys - had to search to page 7 to find this thread! Either Ive been slacking or the forums been busy, or both!

Not been playing many sngs lately, Ive been looking at heads up, play money first, then sit n gos and a proper cash table only NL20 though.

Anyway back to DYM. Just played a couple of 5r ens to refresh, cashed in both, so haven't forgotten everything...

Genral DYM strategy is obviously play mega tight early on.

I doubled up on one at the 50/100 level. I had AK in the BB, there was a raise utg 3x, and 2 more callers with the action on me! Only had 15 BB's so tanked, got it thru the origonal raiser, and amazingly got 1 caller., with AJ, doubled. Now theres me and another big stack, and 2 shorter stacks.

Here, should I be looking to pick spots to put pressure on the shortie? (eg Sb on BB unraised)

I was on the small blind the very next hand, blinds 75/150. I tried to put pressure on the shortie and he came over the top all in. Is this a mistake?

The way I see it theres 2 ways to go, be pro-active, take control, boss the table. r sit bak, and wait, and HOPE theres a collision around me.

Its frustrating coz no1 makes any moves, and it ends up a shove fest, and cards alot of the time determine the outcome. 

How do u guys approach using a bigstack in the mid/late stages of a dym?

Cheerz, DOHH
  • Options
    robcrobc Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    hey

I personally find it really hard playin the bigstacks in DYM, because i naturally want to put pressure on the small stacks, and have got myself into trouble and even lost a 5.5k stack on the bubble once (wont be doing that again)

for that reason i just tighten up and pick my spots well obviously not letting the small stack take advantage lol gets abit frustrating but seems to prove more profitable :)

rob
  • Options
    CardGeniusCardGenius Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    Alright dohhhhhh I think the other guys have said it all, I like to use a ICM trainer a few times a week practice for when it gets to the bubble or you get to between 12-10 bb if i have 24 bb or more I am not even playing anything but super premiums!

I hate it when players like the sb guy you mentioned dont make the maths calls I just mark them for later games bullying 

Good luck with TP!!
  • Options
    CardGeniusCardGenius Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2010
    Maybe we should do one of these tricky DYM "tactical" plays as this week's Make Your Play?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Alright tikay my old china! I have posted a hand in  the "play my hand request" thread that might fit the bill.