You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Markycash diary - It's been a while! Anyone up for Twitch?

Comments

• Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,681
    edited June 2016
    good to see you back mate thanks for the nice words but my poker is too erratic but great fun i bet you can almost taste vegas  dont be letting work get in the way again run golden
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited July 2016
    Thanks folks, appreciated!

Last little pre-vegas update...

Firstly well done to Tikay for cashing in the $3k PLO8. A bit tired today after staying up till after 4am on the virtual rail but was very happy to stay awake and rail for as long as he was still in there mixing it up.

Have got all work related committments out of the way now and mostly just chilling out until I set off to join in the Vegas fun. Leave the UK on Monday morning and am scheduled to arrive there on Monday evening. The initial get together with the players and Sky staff is only a couple of hours after I arrive so I am hoping firstly that there are no travel delays and secondly that I am not utterly jet lagged and ready to sleep for 15 hours... Would like to feel awake enough to chill with a few drinks and get to meet everyone properly.

Regarding the bankroll etc...

I would like more but that will probably always be the case lol. I have only recently got back into the poker so cannot expect to be going away with a 5 figure roll at this point. Have enough to have several stabs at the cash tables, probably a mix of limit OH8, NLHE and 'Big O'. Hopefully I can get off to a relatively solid start and give myself a bit more of a cushion, will see how it goes. Will hope to be even better prepared next year in this regard and ideally play a few WSOP events, time will tell if I manage this.

There are 3 starting day 1 flights for the event I am playing. I had planned to play the 3rd one on the 14th but will play the 2nd one starting at 11pm UK time on Wednesday the 13 of July instead as there is a $100 limit OH8 MTT downtown at 'The Orleans' I would like to play with my dad on the 14th.

Structure sheet for the WSOP event for anyone wanting to see it... http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1232_14981.pdf

I haven't been playing much online as have been tieing everything up here before I go. However last night I notice a micro MTT with a similar field size to what will be expected in the Vegas event. As I was staying up late following Tikay's exploits I figured I would open it for a bit of fun on the side. Mostly just to refresh in my head what stack size I need at what stages etc as I mostly play smaller field OH8 MTT's. There were 3497 entrants and I managed 10th place.

I would have been very happy with 10th but I didn't like my bust out hand. I opened A9s UTG 5 handed and the BB 3bet me. He was a very spewy player and I elected to just flat in position (think I had to just 4bet shove on him). Flop came 774 rainbow and he leads out. The way he was playing he would have just shoved all in preflop with almost all pairs and that flop was so so dry. I feel like I have fold equity and shove on him and he snap calls with 46o... Turn and river are bricks and I bubble the FT.

That pot would had had me going into the FT in great shape around 4th out of 9 with just under 2million chips. It was however a fun little practise session with a similar field size to the Vegas event. I am sure chipping up will be a bit harder in the $1,111 event but at least I know I have the pacing right as long as I can get the cards and some luck then who knows.

Will try and keep this regularly updated while I am away.

Again many thanks for the good wishes, really do appreciate it and hope that you are all running golden on the tables.

Also the very best of luck to all the other Sky players.

Thanks for reading!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    edited July 2016
    gl m8 run golden
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary:
    Thanks folks, appreciated! Last little pre-vegas update... Firstly well done to Tikay for cashing in the $3k PLO8. A bit tired today after staying up till after 4am on the virtual rail but was very happy to stay awake and rail for as long as he was still in there mixing it up. Have got all work related committments out of the way now and mostly just chilling out until I set off to join in the Vegas fun. Leave the UK on Monday morning and am scheduled to arrive there on Monday evening. The initial get together with the players and Sky staff is only a couple of hours after I arrive so I am hoping firstly that there are no travel delays and secondly that I am not utterly jet lagged and ready to sleep for 15 hours... Would like to feel awake enough to chill with a few drinks and get to meet everyone properly. Regarding the bankroll etc... I would like more but that will probably always be the case lol. I have only recently got back into the poker so cannot expect to be going away with a 5 figure roll at this point. Have enough to have several stabs at the cash tables, probably a mix of limit OH8, NLHE and 'Big O'. Hopefully I can get off to a relatively solid start and give myself a bit more of a cushion, will see how it goes. Will hope to be even better prepared next year in this regard and ideally play a few WSOP events, time will tell if I manage this. There are 3 starting day 1 flights for the event I am playing. I had planned to play the 3rd one on the 14th but will play the 2nd one starting at 11pm UK time on Wednesday the 13 of July instead as there is a $100 limit OH8 MTT downtown at 'The Orleans' I would like to play with my dad on the 14th. Structure sheet for the WSOP event for anyone wanting to see it... http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1232_14981.pdf I haven't been playing much online as have been tieing everything up here before I go. However last night I notice a micro MTT with a similar field size to what will be expected in the Vegas event. As I was staying up late following Tikay's exploits I figured I would open it for a bit of fun on the side. Mostly just to refresh in my head what stack size I need at what stages etc as I mostly play smaller field OH8 MTT's. There were 3497 entrants and I managed 10th place. I would have been very happy with 10th but I didn't like my bust out hand. I opened A9s UTG 5 handed and the BB 3bet me. He was a very spewy player and I elected to just flat in position (think I had to just 4bet shove on him). Flop came 774 rainbow and he leads out. The way he was playing he would have just shoved all in preflop with almost all pairs and that flop was so so dry. I feel like I have fold equity and shove on him and he snap calls with 46o... Turn and river are bricks and I bubble the FT. That pot would had had me going into the FT in great shape around 4th out of 9 with just under 2million chips. It was however a fun little practise session with a similar field size to the Vegas event. I am sure chipping up will be a bit harder in the $1,111 event but at least I know I have the pacing right as long as I can get the cards and some luck then who knows. Will try and keep this regularly updated while I am away. Again many thanks for the good wishes, really do appreciate it and hope that you are all running golden on the tables. Also the very best of luck to all the other Sky players. Thanks for reading!
    Posted by markycash

Ha! I'm not reading all that, to many words.
    Just popped in to wish you good luck in Vegas, and offer you some guidance and advice.
    Make sure you get all your work commitments out of the way before you go.
    Do get there in plenty of time, for the meet and greet. You don't want to be jet lagged.

Take plenty of dosh with you, besides the $1,111 event I suggest you play,  
    a mix of limit OH8, NLHE and 'Big O'. 
    get a solid start and give yourself a bit of a cushion.

I suggest you play day 3 on the Wednesday,
    as there is a $100 limit OH8 MTT downtown at 'The Orleans' 
    you may like to play with your dad on the 14th.

Haven't seen you online much lately, but if you get chance 
    try and play a torney with over 3,000 player with the same structure as Vegas.
    hopefully get in the top 10 ten, that should prepare you for the event.

Run golden mate, 
    Oh btw don't forget our deal, you promised me in the chatbox,
    when we were play £100 HU PLO8 (I've copied and pasted to remind you below

Markycash : AJ I'm going to give you 10% of all my winnings from Vegas,
    because your a great guy.
    ajmilton(the champ) : thanks mark that's very generous of you, no need to say that mark 
    i know I'm great :-)

All the above advice is free this time, I will obv's 
    have to charge for any further tips and tricks you need.

Regards Alan (plo8 ukops champ)

• Options
    gerardirlgerardirl Member Posts: 1,299
    edited July 2016
    Best of luck Mark! 

Ger
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary : Ha! I'm not reading all that, to many words. Just popped in to wish you good luck in Vegas, and offer you some guidance and advice. Make sure you get all your work commitments out of the way before you go. Do get there in plenty of time, for the meet and greet. You don't want to be jet lagged. Take plenty of dosh with you, besides the $1,111 event I suggest you play,    a mix of limit OH8, NLHE and 'Big O'.   get a solid start and give yourself a bit of a cushion. I suggest you play day 3 on the Wednesday, as there is a $100 limit OH8 MTT downtown at 'The Orleans'  you may like to play with your dad on the 14th. Haven't seen you online much lately, but if you get chance  try and play a torney with over 3,000 player with the same structure as Vegas. hopefully get in the top 10 ten, that should prepare you for the event. Run golden mate,  Oh btw don't forget our deal, you promised me in the chatbox , when we were play £100 HU PLO8 (I've copied and pasted to remind you below Markycash : AJ I'm going to give you 10% of all my winnings from Vegas, because your a great guy. ajmilton(the champ) : thanks mark that's very generous of you, no need to say that mark  i know I'm great :-) All the above advice is free this time, I will obv's  have to charge for any further tips and tricks you need. Regards Alan (plo8 ukops champ)
    Posted by ajmilton
    LOL AJ, brilliant post!

Some quality advice in there I will try and follow to the letter :D

Obviously I understand you will have to start charging for such solid advice. I am sure it will be worth every penny.

Thanks very much for the good luck wishes. I would wish you good luck back for your games but I know you do not need luck. With your skills I am sure you can still crush everything regardless of silly concepts like luck :) I will wish you good luck anyway but just to express the positive sentiments, I understand you don't actually need it.

So strange I cannot remember the chat about Vegas winnings, my memory must be fading. I would have doubted it even happened but then you posted such compelling evidence!

Talk soon mate and cheers for the post.

Regards Mark (Soaking up golden advice from the fountain of knowledge known as AJ)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Ger, Stoke, Cheez, Vespa and all, greatly appreciated :)
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited July 2016
    Thanks folks, appreciated! Last little pre-vegas update... Firstly well done to Tikay for cashing in the $3k PLO8. A bit tired today after staying up till after 4am on the virtual rail but was very happy to stay awake and rail for as long as he was still in there mixing it up. Have got all work related committments out of the way now and mostly just chilling out until I set off to join in the Vegas fun. Leave the UK on Monday morning and am scheduled to arrive there on Monday evening. The initial get together with the players and Sky staff is only a couple of hours after I arrive so I am hoping firstly that there are no travel delays and secondly that I am not utterly jet lagged and ready to sleep for 15 hours... Would like to feel awake enough to chill with a few drinks and get to meet everyone properly. Regarding the bankroll etc... I would like more but that will probably always be the case lol. I have only recently got back into the poker so cannot expect to be going away with a 5 figure roll at this point. Have enough to have several stabs at the cash tables, probably a mix of limit OH8, NLHE and 'Big O'. Hopefully I can get off to a relatively solid start and give myself a bit more of a cushion, will see how it goes. Will hope to be even better prepared next year in this regard and ideally play a few WSOP events, time will tell if I manage this. There are 3 starting day 1 flights for the event I am playing. I had planned to play the 3rd one on the 14th but will play the 2nd one starting at 11pm UK time on Wednesday the 13 of July instead as there is a $100 limit OH8 MTT downtown at 'The Orleans' I would like to play with my dad on the 14th. Structure sheet for the WSOP event for anyone wanting to see it... http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/structuresheets/structure_1232_14981.pdf I haven't been playing much online as have been tieing everything up here before I go. However last night I notice a micro MTT with a similar field size to what will be expected in the Vegas event. As I was staying up late following Tikay's exploits I figured I would open it for a bit of fun on the side. Mostly just to refresh in my head what stack size I need at what stages etc as I mostly play smaller field OH8 MTT's. There were 3497 entrants and I managed 10th place. I would have been very happy with 10th but I didn't like my bust out hand. I opened A9s UTG 5 handed and the BB 3bet me. He was a very spewy player and I elected to just flat in position (think I had to just 4bet shove on him). Flop came 774 rainbow and he leads out. The way he was playing he would have just shoved all in preflop with almost all pairs and that flop was so so dry. I feel like I have fold equity and shove on him and he snap calls with 46o... Turn and river are bricks and I bubble the FT. That pot would had had me going into the FT in great shape around 4th out of 9 with just under 2million chips. It was however a fun little practise session with a similar field size to the Vegas event. I am sure chipping up will be a bit harder in the $1,111 event but at least I know I have the pacing right as long as I can get the cards and some luck then who knows. Will try and keep this regularly updated while I am away. Again many thanks for the good wishes, really do appreciate it and hope that you are all running golden on the tables. Also the very best of luck to all the other Sky players. Thanks for reading!
    Posted by markycash

Safe flight and GL mate!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited July 2016
    Play well Marky
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited July 2016
    Gl gl gl Marky run golden xx
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Had a crazy 1st day, more about that later...

Came up to the Rio to see if I could register without a passport. The signs say you need a passport AND other photo ID such as a driver's license. I managed to sneak through though and am registered and sat at my table. Not much action so far and sat with roughly the starting stack. It is level 2 50-100 and I am sitting with 9.7k.

• Options
    Nannypat66Nannypat66 Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2016
    The very best of luck to you but mostly enjoy the experience.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Good luck mark x 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Good luck mark x 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks nanny 
    Will give a few running updates...

Dragged first small pot with 88 after raising a limper and cbetting on a qq4 flop.

Then got mixed up with A10 diamonds. Flopped nut flush draw on 792 flop but 2 bricks on the turn and river left me with 8125 chips
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Angel
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Horrid 2 hours. Card dead apart from pocket tens and AK. Lost both and sitting on 3500 at 150/300. Gamble time.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    5200 after a hold with ATs. Still in bad shape though...
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    edited July 2016
    2 more double ups and all will be fine.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    edited July 2016

What table you on, Mark?