You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Markycash diary - It's been a while! Anyone up for Twitch?

Comments

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited July 2016
    Busto...

Was in BB with 48cc at 150/300 with 4700. 2 limpers and SB completes. I thought about shoving as I had some fold equity but I had managed to pinch a pot a few hands earlier and 2 of the limpers were in EP. I check and flop is 579 with two clubs giving me flush and straight draws. EP guy bets 1100 into1650 pot and SB makes it 3700. SB is quite aggro and could be light here so I pop my remaining 4400 in and go for the almost treble up and get HU with the SB who has Q9o. I miss everything and it is GG me.

Good luck to all the others playing and thanks to Tikay and the Sky team for being so helpful.

Thoughts on the bustout hand are welcome :-)
  • Options
    mattprawnmattprawn Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2016
    VUL Mark. One of those spots that gives you the chance of a deep run v fade away.

Still, the week is young and Vegas is all yours (and your Dad's!)

See you soon.

Best

Matt
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Matt!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    edited July 2016

Ugh, but a cracking spot you found there, & your read was spot on.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Cheers Tikay

Back on the horse, off to play some oh8 cash games at the Venetian.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Markycash diary:
    Cheers Tikay Back on the horse, off to play some oh8 cash games at the Venetian.
    Posted by markycash
    Perfect, living the dream. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Been such a hectic start to the trip that I haven't had much chance to update this apart from a few event updates. I have no complaints about my exit from the event it just didn't happen this time. Got into several spots where I could have amassed a decent amount of chips but couldn't hold or hit big draws. Used pot control and still kept ticking as long as possible. Maybe next year!

I not very smartly left a bag containing my and my father's passports in the cab on the ride to the hotel from McCarran airport. Lots of searching and phone calls proved fruitless so I had to get the passports cancelled and emergency ones sent from Los Angeles to Nevada. Obviously just after this and paying £200 in fees we get word that the bag had been found (running good huh lol). My own stupid fault so once again, no complaints.

Today has been much better. Went to hire a car and they had no basic or middling ones left. The lovely clerk did however give us a great deal on a 5.0 litre Ford Mustang GT. Have had a lot of fun zooming around Nevada today in that. Went to the consulates very posh gated community home and collected our travel documents then visited the old area I stayed in for a little while in Henderson for a trip down memory lane. Then it was over to Wal-Mart to stock up on beers and Twinkies. Finally went over to the Hilton at Lake Las Vegas and chilled with some drinks and scenic views.

Going to pop up to the Rio later today and take some of the WSOP action in and maybe have a little pop at the Big O cash games.

So been an erratic trip so far, the Sky folks have been great and also caught up with a friend at the Rio although he had just bust the main event unfortunately.

Hoping to catch up with the Sky folks in the next day or so. I am still catching up with the event updates on here, hopefully there are some deep runs or at least everyone is having an amazing time.

Thanks for reading and hope you are all running golden!
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,037
    edited July 2016
    Nice update Marky

Can you stay longer so the PLO8 tables are a little easier here :-)
  • Options
    weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,681
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary:
    Nice update Marky Can you stay longer so the PLO8 tables are a little easier here :-)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Lol +1 glad you got the passport thing sorted hope your dad's having a ball 
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited July 2016
    Busto... Was in BB with 48cc at 150/300 with 4700. 2 limpers and SB completes. I thought about shoving as I had some fold equity but I had managed to pinch a pot a few hands earlier and 2 of the limpers were in EP. I check and flop is 579 with two clubs giving me flush and straight draws. EP guy bets 1100 into1650 pot and SB makes it 3700. SB is quite aggro and could be light here so I pop my remaining 4400 in and go for the almost treble up and get HU with the SB who has Q9o. I miss everything and it is GG me. Good luck to all the others playing and thanks to Tikay and the Sky team for being so helpful. Thoughts on the bustout hand are welcome :-)
    Posted by markycash
    Busto!  Not sure how much 10% of that is, Marky lad. 
    I don't have my calculator with me, I'll leave it to you to work out.
    i'm supposed to get 10% of winnings, 
    so just transfer 10% of busto via the new pal pay thingy, 
    all the kids are using it. (wifey has already spent some of it) 

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in poker land 
    run good mate gl .

Regards Alan (your plo8 superior)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Cheers guys.

Lol AJ, I think that means you owe me $4K :-)

Hit the Big O cash games last night although waited for so long to get on a table could only be bothered playing for just over an hour. Bought in for $200 and left with around $350.

Took a drive 8000 feet up into the mountains today to mount charleston lodge on Tikay's advice. Was lovely, the area really couldn't contrast much more with the strip. Stunning natural scenery and temperatures around 80 degrees. The food wasn't too shabby either.

Trip to Lake mead planned for tomorrow and cruise on the lake before meeting the Sky folks for drinks in the evening.

Hope you are all running well.

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Nice to see Gooner from Sky doing well in the droplet. A pity there couldn't have been a couple of even deeper runs but there is always next year. Sounds like some were very unlucky especially Mr Ambo.

Tried to fit some oh8 cash games in last night but there were none running. Played some 1-2 NLHE instead. Sat with $200 and left with $360 after an hour so happy enough with that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Brilliant last night out! Lee, Liz, Ned, Pete were all fallers at the later fences. Hats off to Sky for the free bar. Plenty incriminating and fun photos with Alves , Lee etc to follow. Helicopter ride to follow in a few hours, oops!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Now I remember why I don't drink much lol. Morning after the night before.

Just want to say a big thanks to Sky. The organisation of the trip from top to bottom has been great. 
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Back home, finally...

Journey home was a bit of a nightmare. Left the Palazzo in Vegas at 5am on Monday and everything started fine and we departed on time. Just an hour from JFK the pilot informed the passengers that "we are in a holding pattern as JFK is not accepting any flights". I knew instantly this was likely to cause major problems. There were severe thunderstorms at JFK and after 30 minutes we were diverted to Buffalo.

Not the end of the world in itself but the fact we had two subsequent flights packed snugly together posed obvious problems. We were told to stay on the plane and we would hopefully depart soon. This approach was abandonded after an hour and we disembarked into the Buffalo terminal. After 3 hours stuck in the airport we were finally told we would leave within 30 minutes and be rebooked on a later flight from JFK to London.

As promised we set off to JFK albeit after another small delay as we had to wait on someone coming with a big ladder to give the door handle a 'bit of a bang' as it was 'sticking out a bit'. By the time we got to JFK we were too late to even make our rebooked flight. All was not lost as someone from American Airlines met us at the gate and and gave us new boarding passes for the next flight. Things at last were looking up as we got to the gate at JFK! Then we were told this flight had been completely cancelled.

So it was a journey to the American Airlines check-in desks to figure out what the **** we would be doing. Basically we were rebooked for the following night and bussed to a hotel on Staten Island for the night.

Things at least picked up the following night and our flight went to plan. We even got put on a British Airways jumbo which was a world apart from the dated American Airlines planes. A final flight from Heathrow to Glasgow this morning and at last we are safely home. It did take 2 taxis, 2 shuttle buses, 2 train rides, 4 flights and a car journey but finally we got there 2 days later.

Now looking forward to starting the next chapter and coming up with some sort of schedule of play. Probably heavily comprised of MTT's here and on another couple of sites and of course some OH8 DYM's.

It was fun meeting everyone. Nice to see Ned overcame the nerves and was enjoying the cash games at the Palazzo the last time I saw him deep into the night at the Palazzo. It was fun to hit the strip till about 6am with some of the qualifiers on the second last night and great to meet the Sky team. Everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy the trip and Sky really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had a fun experience. It would have been great to not loss our passports, to have cashed in the event and got home a bit easier but the trip was still great fun and I managed a reasonable profit from the cash games so overall not to bad :)

Thanks for reading and hope you are all running well!
  • Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2016
    Back home, finally... Journey home was a bit of a nightmare. Left the Palazzo in Vegas at 5am on Monday and everything started fine and we departed on time. Just an hour from JFK the pilot informed the passengers that "we are in a holding pattern as JFK is not accepting any flights". I knew instantly this was likely to cause major problems. There were severe thunderstorms at JFK and after 30 minutes we were diverted to Buffalo. Not the end of the world in itself but the fact we had two subsequent flights packed snugly together posed obvious problems. We were told to stay on the plane and we would hopefully depart soon. This approach was abandonded after an hour and we disembarked into the Buffalo terminal. After 3 hours stuck in the airport we were finally told we would leave within 30 minutes and be rebooked on a later flight from JFK to London. As promised we set off to JFK albeit after another small delay as we had to wait on someone coming with a big ladder to give the door handle a 'bit of a bang' as it was 'sticking out a bit'. By the time we got to JFK we were too late to even make our rebooked flight. All was not lost as someone from American Airlines met us at the gate and and gave us new boarding passes for the next flight. Things at last were looking up as we got to the gate at JFK! Then we were told this flight had been completely cancelled. So it was a journey to the American Airlines check-in desks to figure out what the **** we would be doing. Basically we were rebooked for the following night and bussed to a hotel on Staten Island for the night. Things at least picked up the following night and our flight went to plan. We even got put on a British Airways jumbo which was a world apart from the dated American Airlines planes. A final flight from Heathrow to Glasgow this morning and at last we are safely home. It did take 2 taxis, 2 shuttle buses, 2 train rides, 4 flights and a car journey but finally we got there 2 days later. Now looking forward to starting the next chapter and coming up with some sort of schedule of play. Probably heavily comprised of MTT's here and on another couple of sites and of course some OH8 DYM's. It was fun meeting everyone. Nice to see Ned overcame the nerves and was enjoying the cash games at the Palazzo the last time I saw him deep into the night at the Palazzo. It was fun to hit the strip till about 6am with some of the qualifiers on the second last night and great to meet the Sky team. Everyone I spoke to seemed to enjoy the trip and Sky really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had a fun experience. It would have been great to not loss our passports, to have cashed in the event and got home a bit easier but the trip was still great fun and I managed a reasonable profit from the cash games so overall not to bad :) Thanks for reading and hope you are all running well!
    Posted by markycash

was a pleasure meeting you mark, im still having small memories come back to me 1 at a time its been years since i consumed that much alcohol, and im still outraged they only had 1 bottle of cider in stock!, although it did allow me to move onto my first ever jagerbomb and my much loved sambuka.

Glad u got back ok after ther passport issues, hopefully see you again same time next year if not before
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Crikey Mark, what a nightmare.

Must have been a bit of a pain for Dad, too.

Did Dad enjoy the trip, the journey home excepted?

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Now I remember why I don't drink much lol. Morning after the night before. Just want to say a big thanks to Sky. The organisation of the trip from top to bottom has been great. 
    Posted by markycash
    I'll pass that on, Mark.

Sky Poker certainly did their best this year, & I think they did pretty well, not heard any moans or groans so far, which considering there were 45 player (& their +1's & 2's) is quite pleasing.

Prior to the trip there were some who were chuntering that Sky Poker were not offering "value" with VLV, they thought there was money left over which Sky had creamed off the top, but that does not allow for the various adventures, free bars, nights out etc. 

PS - keep away from the PLO8 DYM tables, right? Can do without you & your "Odds call" stuff.....;)  

• Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Markycash diary : was a pleasure meeting you mark, im still having small memories come back to me 1 at a time its been years since i consumed that much alcohol, and im still outraged they only had 1 bottle of cider in stock!, although it did allow me to move onto my first ever jagerbomb and my much loved sambuka. Glad u got back ok after ther passport issues, hopefully see you again same time next year if not before
    Posted by RLT16
    Was a pleasure to meet you too Lee. I am surprised I made the helicopter ride just 8 hours after we called it a night, great fun!

Will definitely be trying for next year so hopefully see you there. Hope the tourneys are good to you.

See you on the tables soon no doubt :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Crikey Mark, what a nightmare. Must have been a bit of a pain for Dad, too. Did Dad enjoy the trip, the journey home excepted?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah he had a great time. He was less bothered about the delays than me and I think he was hoping we could get a couple of days in New York lol. I was absolutely knackered and just wanted the seemingly never ending journey to draw to a conclusion.

It was interesting when we eventually got the flight from JFK to London. The BA jumbo was so nice compared to the American Airlines planes. Personal entertainment centre with films, TV shows, games and loads of other stuff - no less than 6 toilets in our back section of the plane, so no queues and plenty opportunity to walk around and stretch the legs. I will struggle to travel with American Airlines again.