You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
edited December 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi All,

Some of you re currently experiencing an issue with the Download Client. Experiencing a crash after 5 minutes or so of play on the client. 

The issue we have is in version 23 of Adobe Air. This is the latest update thay was released on 13 September. Running any version prior to 23 will remove the issues. 

To rollback to 22 you will need to uninstall version 23. You can then visit https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html and download the relevant Adobe AIR 22 runtime.

We are continuing to work on a fix for version 23.

Comments

• Options
    tillpolltillpoll Member Posts: 106
    edited September 2016

Hi

I did all that and now tables come up telling me to get adobe flash which I already have.  Help
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    Hi I did all that and now tables come up telling me to get adobe flash which I already have.  Help
    Posted by tillpoll
    If the problems persist I would still advise playing on the browser until we fix the issue

• Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited September 2016
    10+ tables on download, all fine.  
  • Options
    SUPERSNEDDSUPERSNEDD Member Posts: 910
    edited September 2016
    Horrendous last night on v.23.

Uninstalled v.23 and installed v.22 all fine now. 
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,484
    edited September 2016
    It's been fine for me all day
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited September 2016
    I have this issue since Adobe Air updated, been on the browser last couple of days.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,583
    edited September 2016
    10+ tables on download, all fine.  
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi James,

Grumpy Jac said the same thing, & it's been 100% fine for me, too, (though only 6 tables for me) & thousands of others.

It has affected many players though, apparently those who have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Air. For whatever reason, I, & presumably most others, have yet to receive that "Download latest version of Adobe Air" prompt. 

No idea when I will, but if it popped up today, I think I'd ignore it, & continue on the older version.

Hopefully, Sam's team will get it resolved asap. It's not good for anyone, either side of the table.   
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Hi James, Grumpy Jac said the same thing, & it's been 100% fine for me, too, (though only 6 tables for me) & thousands of others.   It has affected many players though, apparently those who have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Air. For whatever reason, I, & presumably most others, have yet to receive that "Download latest version of Adobe Air" prompt.  No idea when I will, but if it popped up today, I think I'd ignore it, & continue on the older version. Hopefully, Sam's team will get it resolved asap. It's not good for anyone, either side of the table.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I had downloaded the latest version and it crashed a number of times. Uninstalled and went back to the older version so hopefully will be ok going forward.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,583
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : I had downloaded the latest version and it crashed a number of times. Uninstalled and went back to the older version so hopefully will be ok going forward.
    Posted by MattBates
    Yup, that was the advice from Winston Wolf, & is probably the short term answer. Glad to hear you have got a workaround. The whole thing is a perfect pain, but internet software is such a complex beast.

Be assured it is all hands on deck in the Tech Dept.

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,170
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Hi James, Grumpy Jac said the same thing, & it's been 100% fine for me, too, (though only 6 tables for me) & thousands of others.   It has affected many players though, apparently those who have downloaded the latest version of Adobe Air. For whatever reason, I, & presumably most others, have yet to receive that "Download latest version of Adobe Air" prompt.  No idea when I will, but if it popped up today, I think I'd ignore it, & continue on the older version. Hopefully, Sam's team will get it resolved asap. It's not good for anyone, either side of the table.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have just been offered this "upgrade" today....
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Hi again

Was all fine until just now when download client crashed again.  The annoying thing is that even getting my table up on browser within a minute I was out.  same yesterday.  its only 60p but I wouln't say no to a refung.  lol
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Hi again

Was all fine until just now when download client crashed again.  The annoying thing is that even getting my table up on browser within a minute I was out.  same yesterday.  its only 60p but I wouln't say no to a refung.  lol
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited September 2016
    Mine was crashing pre new adobe.... after the new adobe everything is fine.... weird!
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    edited September 2016
    Hi again Was all fine until just now when download client crashed again.  The annoying thing is that even getting my table up on browser within a minute I was out.  same yesterday.  its only 60p but I wouln't say no to a refung.  lol
    Posted by tillpoll

Speak to support they are pretty good if they see you didnt play a hand and know about the software issues they will generally give a refund
  • Options
    edited September 2016

thank you
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    We are still aware with issues with the client and are atill working on a fix for it. If people are still experiencing issues please share them on here. Equally if people have found that they have a work around please can these be shared here so everybody can benefit.

This is our top priority to fix and we continue to put our efforts into doing so. 
  • Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    edited September 2016
    We are still aware with issues with the client and are atill working on a fix for it. If people are still experiencing issues please share them on here. Equally if people have found that they have a work around please can these be shared here so everybody can benefit. This is our top priority to fix and we continue to put our efforts into doing so. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Morning Sam,
                     I followed shad8604's advice and link in the feedback section thread last night. I have just 6 tabled for over an hour on the download with no problems. Previously it would crash within ten minutes. Will just have to remember not to click any Adobe updates until you have found a fix. Hope this helps,

Ed.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    For those of you experiencing the issues we have two threads stickied at the top of this forum section. For those of you experiencing it your help would be much appreciated in solving the issue. 
  • Options
    Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member Posts: 48
    edited September 2016
    Hi,

To prevent Adobe AIR from attempting to install the latest version when you open the Download Client, you can use their SettingsManager application to disable this: https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/air-2-0-auto-update.html

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2016
    I have been getting the update pop up for a couple of days now.  I have been ignoring it because of getting home from work late and needing to get onto the client quick to get into the games I play.

Tonight I got in from work early, so managed to update.

Then came here.

Oh man!