You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Comments

• Options
    uncle0nionuncle0nion Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2016
    so this still not fixed then? just went on and had the usual shut downs at key points over and over again.

can't download the earlier version so I think time to head offski unless someone can assure me they are close to a fix?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    so this still not fixed then? just went on and had the usual shut downs at key points over and over again. can't download the earlier version so I think time to head offski unless someone can assure me they are close to a fix?
    Posted by uncle0nion
    Hi Onion.

No, it's not resolved yet I'm afraid, though it's not for lack of effort, & the team are working with their counterparts at Adobe to get it sorted.

Is it close to being sorted? If only it were possible to (honestly) tell you that. Truth is, it's simply not possible to know whether it will be sorted tomorrow, or in a few weeks time. There is just no way of answering that honestly.

Most players have followed Sam's advice from the opening post in this thread.....

"Hi All,
    Some of you re currently experiencing an issue with the Download Client. Experiencing a crash after 5 minutes or so of play on the client. 
    The issue we have is in version 23 of Adobe Air. This is the latest update thay was released on 13 September. Running any version prior to 23 will remove the issues. 
    To rollback to 22 you will need to uninstall version 23. You can then visit https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html and download the relevant Adobe AIR 22 runtime."

See also this from one of the Sky Poker techie team;

"Hi,

To prevent Adobe AIR from attempting to install the latest version when you open the Download Client, you can use their SettingsManager application to disable this: https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/air-2-0-auto-update.html

ChrisSky Poker Technical Team"

As an alternative, the Browser version is working normally.

Apologies for this, it's a real PITA.

• Options
    edited October 2016

Just for balance, I have carefully avoided doing the Update to Version 23, & everything is working perfectly or me. I've played an average of 35 DYM's per night for the last month (takes around 3 to 4 hours per night) with not a spot of bother. The traffic levels suggest most have no problem either.

It's fine for the vast majority of players, many of whom, I guess, either reverted to Version 22, or use the Browser.

That's no consolation, of course, to those who are struggling with the problem, & I'm certainly not suggesting they don't have a problem.  

• Options
    uncle0nionuncle0nion Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2016
     Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    Just for balance, I have carefully avoided doing the Update to Version 23, & everything is working perfectly or me. I've played an average of 35 DYM's per night for the last month (takes around 3 to 4 hours per night) with not a spot of bother. The traffic levels suggest most have no problem either. It's fine for the vast majority of players, many of whom, I guess, either reverted to Version 22, or use the Browser.   That's no consolation, of course, to those who are struggling with the problem, & I'm certainly not suggesting they don't have a problem.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    cheers for taking time to reply tikay. can uninstall 23 but not install 22 ... if anyone can provide me a bit more info .. that link from sky sam takes to a plethora of different 22s and none of them seemed to be downloading to my rather old and battered laptop.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
     Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : cheers for taking time to reply tikay. can uninstall 23 but not install 22 ... if anyone can provide me a bit more info .. that link from sky sam takes to a plethora of different 22s and none of them seemed to be downloading to my rather old and battered laptop.
    Posted by uncle0nion
    Will try & get someone to assist with that, mate.

Sadly, I cant help, I'm not techie at all, though I'm pretty cool with Teletext & my VHS recorder.

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2016
     Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : cheers for taking time to reply tikay. can uninstall 23 but not install 22 ... if anyone can provide me a bit more info .. that link from sky sam takes to a plethora of different 22s and none of them seemed to be downloading to my rather old and battered laptop.
    Posted by uncle0nion

On that page choose the link "Adobe AIR 22.0.0.153 Windows (10.0MB)" from the Adobe AIR 22 Runtime Downloads section. Once it's saved then extract the ZIP file (right-click, extract) and then run the extracted file 'AdobeAIRInstaller' (after uninstalling the current version).
    DO NOT take the option to upgrade after installing 22 - just close the prompt.

• Options
    edited October 2016

^^^^

You are the greatest, Elliott, thank you very much.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited October 2016
    Are you in Punta Cana now TK?

All the very best to the guys, especially, Danny, Chris, James and anyone else I know (Soory not sure of the full list, but I know we have a lot out there!)

GL ALL SKY PLAYERS
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Are you in Punta Cana now TK? All the very best to the guys, especially, Danny, Chris, James and anyone else I know (Soory not sure of the full list, but I know we have a lot out there!) GL ALL SKY PLAYERS
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Sure am, Graham.

Most of the players arrive today, but I bumped into Vinny this morning, & a few players yesterday, see the Day One Blog HERE

The Players Welcome Party is tonight, then tomorrow we are all off on a boat trip, & snorkelling.  
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited October 2016
    Hi All,

We have been working on a solution to this issue for a while now and we believe that shortly we will have something to roll out to a closed group of customers.

Please could you leave a note here or drop me a pm if you would be happy to part of this closed group. I will send more info closer to the time but this will involve briefly installing a different client and playing as normal from there. 

Thanks
    Sam
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2016
    Pop me on the list.

I have multiple workstations/operating systems I can try it on, so no real biggy for me if it all goes pete tong I guess :)

Just a quicky though......If my Aces hold whilst I'm using a different client, do I get to keep the chips? :)

I am away this weekend, but will be on & playing most days next week etc
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited October 2016
    Ill happily give it a go for an hour or so a night , so long as I get to play the victim.
  • Options
    MrWh1teMrWh1te Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2016
    yeah I don't mind helping
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2016
    count me in Sam

• Options
    Poker_WolfPoker_Wolf Member Posts: 128
    edited October 2016
    Not that I mind too much but download clinet won't load for my this morning. Will have to play through the browser. 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for volunteering to help with the new solution. I have decided to put instructions on here as to how to install the new client so that more than those who volunteered above can use it if they wish.

Click here  to download the new version of the Download client. This is the Download client that you are all used to using but rather than using Adobe Air version 23 we force you to use Adobe Air 22. This will only work for Windows users as Mac users are not having issues with the current client. 

• After clicking the link your machine will download the new client.
    • Open the downloaded file and double click the Sky Poker folder
    • Double click the Sky Poker Application file and hit extract all
    • Select a destination to extract to
    • Double click the Sky Poker folder
    • Double click the Sky Poker application
    • Run
    You can copy this icon onto your desktop if you wish so that you can access from there. Ths will look the same as the current Download Client icon so make sure you can differentiate between the two.

As mentioned this client is the same client you already have and should perform as the old client did before the upgrade to Adobe Air 23. Please feel free to play on this one and please do leave feedback on this thread. If you do experience any issues when playing we advise continuing to play through the browser.

Help on this is much appreciated.

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I get message saying

This application requires a version of adobe AIR which cannot be found.  Please download the application at (adobe address)

what shall I do? download the adobe?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    just tried downloading adobe, it downloads frm the url given (for version 23) but then when I try to install it says that this version is already installed on my computer
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2016
    played on it for a good couple of hours tonight with no issues at all windows 10 64bit system if that helps
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Guys,

Bumping this to get more feedback. You can download the new version of the client by Clicking here .

All feedback would be most useful.

Sam