You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Comments

• Options
    shaun09shaun09 Member Posts: 1,606
    edited October 2016
    sky poker are aware of technical problems and are trying to deal with it, it says in live chat
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    clearly there is a major issue here, I cannot play because of insuffiecent funds which is not true. and s&g's I have deregistered from the money is not in my account. any ideas when my money will be put back into my account, and when can I play again?
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Let them sort the problem out before they even think of giving refunds or sorting individual players out.
     I am interested to see what happens to the people in the mtt, I'm guessing they won't get the prize pool lol
  • Options
    B00TSY978B00TSY978 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    cant play no poker i have money in my account but every table i load say i have no funds
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2016
    My second cash table is definitely wrong as it says no cash went back in, yet table broke with more than a buy-in left.

I left Histon at 00.21 and Clarkston at 23.36.  I suspect only Histon is incorrect, but I have no idea really.
  • Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2016
    my balance is wrong and wondering what i do as cant get on live chat sigh
  • Options
    devil_teardevil_tear Member Posts: 198
    edited October 2016
    Yeah ive not been paid for 2nd place in tourney... so its across the board it seems. Just have to be patient and give them time.
  • Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2016
    night night gonna play fifa 17 now try poker again tommorow hope its fixed
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    If you stayed on a cash table you could carry on playing but as soon as your stand you can't sit and funds don't go back into account, but sky will be sorting it out soon I'm sure. Nothing CC can do probably so best not to hassle them.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited October 2016

Apologies for these issues guys.

There were some problems late last night, but I believe they have been resolved now.

Further updates, where appropriate, will be posted
    HERE
  • Options
    DanCorbsDanCorbs Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    I'm not convinced the problem I'm having is related to the string of issues caused by the latest AIR update, but support have been nothing but unhelpful.

I'm trying to download the client and am being met with, "Couldn't write the application to the hard disk. Please verify the hard disk is available and try again."

I have the latest version of AIR installed, but have tried the download with and without it. There's no issue with the computer I'm able to find - certainly not with the SSD.

There are several simple workarounds but that would require the co-operation of whomever is manning the live chat desk.

It's a fairly commonly reported error with AIR, the simplest solution to which is to provide the user with a DDL to the client.

I can't think of anything else to try so I'm left scratching my head.

Has anyone else been met with the error? Did you find a way around it?

EDIT: Found a way to bypass the Flash app and get the DDL. Problem solved... for now.
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited October 2016
    OMG Sam broke the poker lol
  • Options
    suzy666suzy666 Member Posts: 221
    edited October 2016
    BUMP FAO SKY: do sky poker currently consider the download client to be fully working? It isnt for me.

FWIW, when this issue started, my download client didnt work and was running adobe 22 not the latest 23.

Further, the internet based client is regularly disconnecting from individual tables-not all tables at the same time.
    Does anyone know if we shouldnt be using chrome or any methods to maximise the internet based connection?

thanks for any useful replies in advance.
  • Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited October 2016
    BUMP FAO SKY: do sky poker currently consider the download client to be fully working? It isnt for me. FWIW, when this issue started, my download client didnt work and was running adobe 22 not the latest 23. Further, the internet based client is regularly disconnecting from individual tables-not all tables at the same time. Does anyone know if we shouldnt be using chrome or any methods to maximise the internet based connection? thanks for any useful replies in advance.
    Posted by suzy666
    Suzy THIS may answer your question (posted today by Sky_James)
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited October 2016
    anyone else still having issue
  • Options
    uncle0nionuncle0nion Member Posts: 75
    edited October 2016
    anyone else still having issue
    Posted by big_mick12
    can't download 22 .. 23 still crashing .. browser useless for multi tabling ..
  • Options
    JustPaidJustPaid Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2016
    Crashed twice in ten miniutes. Have been avoiding Sky because of the issues. Would appreciate if they would email us when they fix it. It's been crashing for me before the air update. I'd rather they email us, rather than I keep losing money sitting in and out, and the auto top up disabling itself. 
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited October 2016
    We continue to advise people that the best way to play is through the browser or by reverting back to Adobe Air 22. We are working closely with Adobe on a fix for the issue.

Once again I apologise for the issues that you are experiencing. 

Sam
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : can't download 22 .. 23 still crashing .. browser useless for multi tabling ..
    Posted by uncle0nion

How come you can't download that version? I just checked the link/page and it's working okay. You do need to manually un-install V23 (control panel/programs and features/un-install) before installing the downloaded V22 though, otherwise it'll 'do nothing'. After installing V22 ignore the update notifications or turn them off via the instructions posted earlier in this thread.

Must be a PITA to sort when it's a 3rd party developer involved!

• Options
    JustPaidJustPaid Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2016
    Anyone having a problem with adobe pdf files aoto opening to print, after restoring the old air version, and the update manager, to stop it auto updating? 
  • Options
    ommomm Member Posts: 444
    edited October 2016
    Ive not had any issues at all with the download until 6pm tonight (i never updated) . I cannot see any tournamnets other than those highlighted and ones that start from 11:30 onwards tonight. All the rest have tomorrows date or are UKOPS. Ive checked filters, ive closed and re opened. Im now playing from the browser.

(If it makes a difference i have been playing today and only stopped to have dinner, came back and thats how i found the lobby)

Was going to report to live chat but it was a 7 minute wait so thought i would just stick it here instead.