You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    Hi Guys, Thanks for volunteering to help with the new solution. I have decided to put instructions on here as to how to install the new client so that more than those who volunteered above can use it if they wish. Click here   to download the new version of the Download client. This is the Download client that you are all used to using but rather than using Adobe Air version 23 we force you to use Adobe Air 22. This will only work for Windows users as Mac users are not having issues with the current client.  After clicking the link your machine will download the new client. Open the downloaded file and double click the Sky Poker folder Double click the Sky Poker Application file and hit extract all Select a destination to extract to Double click the Sky Poker folder Double click the Sky Poker application Run You can copy this icon onto your desktop if you wish so that you can access from there. Ths will look the same as the current Download Client icon so make sure you can differentiate between the two. As mentioned this client is the same client you already have and should perform as the old client did before the upgrade to Adobe Air 23. Please feel free to play on this one and please do leave feedback on this thread. If you do experience any issues when playing we advise continuing to play through the browser. Help on this is much appreciated. Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Not sure if this applies but I use mac and I am also having issues with the recent find a player and lobby problems.

Neil
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited November 2016
    Hi Neil,

No the other issues are seperate from this and will be dealt with.

Sam
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    edited November 2016
    Tried doing what you said Sam no different, not been able to get on tables on download for weeks says get adobe flash when I know it is already installed last few daays unable to see any tables on my tables when I know some should be there this is the same on download and when I just get it up on internet.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2016
    Tried doing what you said Sam no different, not been able to get on tables on download for weeks says get adobe flash when I know it is already installed last few daays unable to see any tables on my tables when I know some should be there this is the same on download and when I just get it up on internet.
    Posted by DoyleBrun

I just downloaded Sam's ZIP on a work PC, extracted it to a new folder, run Skypoker.exe from there and it works perfectly. I don't even have Adobe Air installed on the PC. It doesn't even prompt to install AA. Are you sure you're running the right program?

• Options
    scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : I just downloaded Sam's ZIP on a work PC, extracted it to a new folder, run Skypoker.exe from there and it works perfectly. I don't even have Adobe Air installed on the PC. It doesn't even prompt to install AA. Are you sure you're running the right program?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    same here I uninstalled it before downloading the zip file in Sam's post and all has been fine I assume the Air client is already prebundled in with the download
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : I just downloaded Sam's ZIP on a work PC, extracted it to a new folder, run Skypoker.exe from there and it works perfectly. I don't even have Adobe Air installed on the PC. It doesn't even prompt to install AA. Are you sure you're running the right program?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Just tried it again nothing changed if I change location it says same as MrWh!te gets this application needs adobe air so I keep same location and nothing changes.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Just tried it again nothing changed if I change location it says same as MrWh!te gets this application needs adobe air so I keep same location and nothing changes.
    Posted by DoyleBrun
    are you extracting everything from the zip file to a new folder?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : are you extracting everything from the zip file to a new folder?
    Posted by scouse_red
    Now your asking I'm a technophobe just pressed extract all assumed that would do it. 
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited November 2016
    I tried the new suggested download and it seemed to work fine for me although I wasn't especially active with at most 2 tables open at once.

I did have one "network error" and a table failed to load but they may have been due to a period of inactivity beforehand. The table in question was an all-in sat so no harm done (except for missing the fun as I won it).

"My tables" and "hand history" were also working properly.
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited November 2016
    Can someone guide me through what I need to do to get this working please?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2016
    Can someone guide me through what I need to do to get this working please?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Download the ZIP file Sam provided via his link a few posts ago (SkyPoker-Bundled.zip). Stick it on your 'desktop' if you like for ease.

Right-click and Extract it either to a new folder (specify a folder name and location you prefer) or if you have the option choose Extract To Folder SkyPoker-Bundled (it'll then create that folder on the desktop too if that's where you saved the ZIP in step#1).

Open the folder containing the extracted files then go into the SkyPoker folder, then run SkyPoker.exe.

This version will look exactly like the version you're used to but it doesn't required Adobe Air to be pre-installed.

Lemon squeezy.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hi Guys,

Still keen to gain as much feedback as possible on the version of the download client posted above. Are people having more joy with it than the client that uses Adobe Air 23?

Thanks
    Sam
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited November 2016
    I'm now using this version. Not sure what to tell you though, the previous version was unusable this one works!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited November 2016
    All versions have been fine for me
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm now using this version. Not sure what to tell you though, the previous version was unusable this one works!
    Posted by bbMike
    This is all I need to know. Thank you.

If I can get sufficient positive feedback from a number of users, through this and other channels we will look at making this a long term solution.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : This is all I need to know. Thank you. If I can get sufficient positive feedback from a number of users, through this and other channels we will look at making this a long term solution.
    Posted by Sky_SamT

I would rather not be forced to used an unpatched insecure version of 3rd party software as a long term solution. Happy to have it as an interim solution until you get a fix working with the latest version of Air.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited November 2016
    I used the download client listed above and was fine for me last night. 

Seems a bit harsh to call the new version insecure on a public forum, it is a new version so is likely to have some insecurities. Make it feel welcome and I am sure the insecurities will go. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : This is all I need to know. Thank you. If I can get sufficient positive feedback from a number of users, through this and other channels we will look at making this a long term solution.
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Hi Sam this has been working fine for me since I downloaded it, no issues at all, only limited play but no problems whatsoever
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I used the download client listed above and was fine for me last night.  Seems a bit harsh to call the new version insecure on a public forum, it is a new version so is likely to have some insecurities. Make it feel welcome and I am sure the insecurities will go. 
    Posted by MattBates

Might just have whooshed me with a joke there.

But just to clarify my original point.

I mean in an information security sense. It is important to keep with the up to date versions of s/w as vulnerabilities in them get discovered and used by cyber criminals. There are usually security bug fixes in every release, so keeping on v22 could have security risks associated with it.

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2016
    I used the new client software.

It ran all night & was stable, didn't crash my system.

Only issue I had was with 2 similar satalites for UKOPs - when it came to my action, it wouldn't let me make a bet, no action buttons were available just a little arrow thingy going round & round - Closed table opened table & all was fine.

It's certainly much better than the other client running Adobe V23 and didn't use up all my system resources.

Happy with my trial - will let you know if I have any other issues with it.