You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Current Issue with the Download Client

Comments

• Options
    uncle0nionuncle0nion Member Posts: 75
    edited September 2016
    so you planning to compensate? I multitabled last night and it kept shutting down.

this has happened a couple of other times over the last week.

I do manage to reload but sometimes the game has been beyond clawing back.

where do I direct this issue?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited September 2016
    Hi UC,

I dont think any forum admins can authorise any refunds, but the CC people are pretty helpful and the tunes they play whilst your on hold are worth listening to whilst they look up your details.
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    edited September 2016
    i'm using version 23 
    no problems so far 
    been using it for a week or so 

• Options
    walesboywalesboy Member Posts: 993
    edited September 2016
    being using v23
    horrendous delays
    even lost a my cash on a table when it remembered a "bet" from a while back when it should have been a fold
    removed it now
    will try tomorrow as annoyed at present!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client:
    so you planning to compensate? I multitabled last night and it kept shutting down. this has happened a couple of other times over the last week. I do manage to reload but sometimes the game has been beyond clawing back. where do I direct this issue?
    Posted by uncle0nion
    Hi Mr Uncle,

As mumsie notes, try Customer Care.

There is no "compensation" in the legal sense - the T & C's state quite clearly (in common with every Online Poker Site) that the Business do not accept responsibility when these unfortunate situations arise.

However, they are usually very good with gestures of goodwill in such cases, if approached in the right way.
  • Options
    AposterAposter Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    I suspect that downgrading will cause issues with other software I use which requires the current version of Adobe Air.  

So, do you have a timeframe on a real fix?  
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I suspect that downgrading will cause issues with other software I use which requires the current version of Adobe Air.  So, do you have a timeframe on a real fix?  
    Posted by Aposter
    Hi,

I can't answer that, sorry, but Sam will be back in the Office tomorrow, & he may have a better idea.

They ARE addressing it urgently, I know that - but really, it's not possible to give a clear answer as the problem is proving quite troublesome to resolve, & in truth, nobody knows that answer.
  • Options
    GrumpusLOLGrumpusLOL Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2016
    5 days on and still not sorted, this is despicable.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    edited September 2016
    Posted by GrumpusLOL

bit strong that m8 , why not play on other sites while sky try to fix the problem and come back in a few days or a week
    i,ve had no problems at all and i,ve got the new adobe version
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Hi, I can't answer that, sorry, but Sam will be back in the Office tomorrow, & he may have a better idea. They ARE addressing it urgently, I know that - but really, it's not possible to give a clear answer as the problem is proving quite troublesome to resolve, & in truth, nobody knows that answer.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sams not been in the office?  Surely this isn't true.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Sams not been in the office?  Surely this isn't true.
    Posted by Donttelmum

;)

He has a big headache right now, trying to sort this Adobe glitch. Makes a change from hangover headaches, I guess.  
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Posted by GrumpusLOL

Not sure that adjective is appropriate, but no, it's not good at all.

The Business are suffering, too, it is as much in their interest as the players to get it sorted.

I can assure you that it is being investigated as a highest Priority.

In the meantime, the Browser, or the previous Adobe version (22) are fine.

Apologies, obviously.  
  • Options
    bannsshebannsshe Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2016
    Hi, To prevent Adobe AIR from attempting to install the latest version when you open the Download Client, you can use their SettingsManager application to disable this:  https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/air-2-0-auto-update.html Chris Sky Poker Technical Team
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB
    sowhathappensto the money ive lost 
  • Options
    bannsshebannsshe Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : sowhathappensto the money ive lost 
    Posted by bannsshe
    THATS MY ACCOUNT CLOSED TOTAL JOKE

• Options
    GetinmessiGetinmessi Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    You can't even type-proof your message !!!!! ????
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    edited September 2016
    I tried to open chat due to the issues via customer care and the chat keeps closing when I start explaining my issues last Friday September 23rd - any email address I can write too?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I tried to open chat due to the issues via customer care and the chat keeps closing when I start explaining my issues last Friday September 23rd - any email address I can write too?
    Posted by AB0151
    Hi Bud,

Try this link,
    HERE

If that does not work, come back to me on this thread & I'll see if I can find a better way.

Apologies for any problems you may be experiencing.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Current Issue with the Download Client : Hi Bud, Try this link, HERE If that does not work, come back to me on this thread & I'll see if I can find a better way. Apologies for any problems you may be experiencing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you kind sir - I have emailed them - lets just say it was a bad day and some awful spots when I froze out - hopefully the hand/account history will back up my direct costs - then there were indirect csosts due to my foolishly trying to get my pots back elsewhere .... you know the rest! My enquiry to Sky concerns the former 

Thanks again  

• Options
    WHFWHF Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    I entered to play one of your games today and it deducted the money from my account , it would not let me play the game . It hasn't given me a refund, how long does this take . Load of problems with connection issues today . 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I entered to play one of your games today and it deducted the money from my account , it would not let me play the game . It hasn't given me a refund, how long does this take . Load of problems with connection issues today . 
    Posted by WHF
    Hi WHF,

Sorry to hear that.

In the circumstances you describe, you should be able to get a refund if you contact Customer Care.