You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My story

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,158
    edited May 2019
    ^^^^

@tomgoodun

You need to be careful sitting on the toilet playing poker. Toilets are dangerous things, you know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet-related_injuries_and_deaths

Well done on the 50th FT though, that's pretty good going.

PS - Are you a resident of Eastbourne?
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,742
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^

@tomgoodun

You need to be careful sitting on the toilet playing poker. Toilets are dangerous things, you know.

Hi Mr.K.
    Thanks for the well done, I’m pretty chuffed tbh, it was a bit of a head scratcher at the beginning of this year to set a target, too low and it seems a waste of time, too high and there’s a chance one would feel a bit down even if winning now and again, it gave me something to aim for anyway 😊

I’m now a resident of Hailsham, I lived in ‘Sunny’ Eastbourne from 1978 until 2015.
    Apparently I still sound a tad “ Northerner” though.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,285
    tomgoodun said:

Tikay10 said:

^^^^

@tomgoodun

Hi Mr.K.
    Thanks for the well done, I’m pretty chuffed tbh, it was a bit of a head scratcher at the beginning of this year to set a target, too low and it seems a waste of time, too high and there’s a chance one would feel a bit down even if winning now and again, it gave me something to aim for anyway 😊

I’m now a resident of Hailsham, I lived in ‘Sunny’ Eastbourne from 1978 until 2015.
    Apparently I still sound a tad “ Northerner” though.
    Anyone who says that is talking Hassocks :)
  • Options
    Good Afternoon all
    Well... I’m back to almost good heath after my weekend from ****, the positive I take from the situation we were in is that we have 4 bathrooms so I didn’t need to wait patiently at the door whilst my good lady was doing her ablutions.

I have put my foot down and told her that I’m playing all of the Mini UKOPS games and trying for the Vegas package ( Why no PL08? Sort it out sky!! 😊)

As mentioned briefly ^ I was unable to secure a seat in the final of the Vegas tourney when my AKdd was drawing dead on the flop v A 10cc Aipf, hey ho.

Managed to FT the first Mini Ukops tourney I played, I get a bit confused but I think @68Trebor was on that one and he received some brutal beats when holding a healthy stack, poker huh.

Played with great expectations last night, ( not the book, I was watching tv) so imagine my joy at having the great @MattBates on one table and the splendid @StayOrGo on another, ez game. Had a little chat with Graham whilst playing, he’s such a nice guy, I wasn’t surprised he knocked me out, great player.
    Needless to say, my night playing Mini Ukops didn’t last long.
    I did however “Doatommy” and reach the Ft of the £11 non Ukops bh, which is nice. Eventually finished 4th ish.

I have forgotten how to play PL08, glad there’s none in Mini Ukops.

It was nice of Steve @SR23 to say my ramblings were appreciated and helped his weekend, it’s always nice to receive positive feedback, cheers Steve.

FT count -52

Life stuff
    Bit up and down as per, My awesome grandson was due at his first day at Nursery yesterday, he had missed his “Taster day” due to being patient zero on the dreaded D&V, it went really well though, he’s such a clever lad.
    His grandad isn’t that clever when “ looking after him for 5 minutes” managed to trap his fingers in the door whilst trying to shut it 😩.

I have just returned from hospital, took my good lady for her re-entry on the Lumbar Puncture at Hayward’s Heath, she said it went really well this time under the mri X-ray machine thingy, they have now worked out why it’s so difficult - apparently, the spine is supposed to be in the middle of the back, so they run the finger down the crease of the back then jab the needle there.
    Well, my good lady’s spine seems to be a tad askew, and off to one side of the spine, I always knew she was a one off.

I was talking to a really nice lady in the waiting room whilst Sarah was having her procedure, she suffers from anxiety, and her husband who had brought her was stuck driving round the car park for over an hour trying to find a place to park, I used my famed northern charm to try to calm her down, regaled her with tales from my past, showed her pictures of my awesome grandson and gave her coping strategies to deal with anxiety, and when my wife was wheeled down on the trolley she said a woman was going the other way and asked if she was Sarah, and said “ You’re a lucky woman, you’re husband is so nice, he has really helped me today”, now that is awesome.

I may play again tonight.

Be good,have fun.x

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    tomgoodun said:

Good Afternoon all
    Well... I’m back to almost good heath after my weekend from ****, the positive I take from the situation we were in is that we have 4 bathrooms so I didn’t need to wait patiently at the door whilst my good lady was doing her ablutions.

I have put my foot down and told her that I’m playing all of the Mini UKOPS games and trying for the Vegas package ( Why no PL08? Sort it out sky!! 😊)

As mentioned briefly ^ I was unable to secure a seat in the final of the Vegas tourney when my AKdd was drawing dead on the flop v A 10cc Aipf, hey ho.

Managed to FT the first Mini Ukops tourney I played, I get a bit confused but I think @68Trebor was on that one and he received some brutal beats when holding a healthy stack, poker huh.

Played with great expectations last night, ( not the book, I was watching tv) so imagine my joy at having the great @MattBates on one table and the splendid @StayOrGo on another, ez game. Had a little chat with Graham whilst playing, he’s such a nice guy, I wasn’t surprised he knocked me out, great player.
    Needless to say, my night playing Mini Ukops didn’t last long.
    I did however “Doatommy” and reach the Ft of the £11 non Ukops bh, which is nice. Eventually finished 4th ish.

I have forgotten how to play PL08, glad there’s none in Mini Ukops.

It was nice of Steve @SR23 to say my ramblings were appreciated and helped his weekend, it’s always nice to receive positive feedback, cheers Steve.

FT count -52

Life stuff
    Bit up and down as per, My awesome grandson was due at his first day at Nursery yesterday, he had missed his “Taster day” due to being patient zero on the dreaded D&V, it went really well though, he’s such a clever lad.
    His grandad isn’t that clever when “ looking after him for 5 minutes” managed to trap his fingers in the door whilst trying to shut it 😩.

I have just returned from hospital, took my good lady for her re-entry on the Lumbar Puncture at Hayward’s Heath, she said it went really well this time under the mri X-ray machine thingy, they have now worked out why it’s so difficult - apparently, the spine is supposed to be in the middle of the back, so they run the finger down the crease of the back then jab the needle there.
    Well, my good lady’s spine seems to be a tad askew, and off to one side of the spine, I always knew she was a one off.

I was talking to a really nice lady in the waiting room whilst Sarah was having her procedure, she suffers from anxiety, and her husband who had brought her was stuck driving round the car park for over an hour trying to find a place to park, I used my famed northern charm to try to calm her down, regaled her with tales from my past, showed her pictures of my awesome grandson and gave her coping strategies to deal with anxiety, and when my wife was wheeled down on the trolley she said a woman was going the other way and asked if she was Sarah, and said “ You’re a lucky woman, you’re husband is so nice, he has really helped me today”, now that is awesome.

I may play again tonight.

Be good,have fun.x

Yes it was and yes he did!

Nice to share a table with you.
  • Options
    Good Afternoon
    I have booked the rest of the week off work to look after awesome grandson, It’s hard work 😱
    Played Mini UKOPS again last night.. badly.
    Also played a few of my normal tournaments I quite enjoy, made the ft of the £2 deep stack as chip leader with about 150k , was nice to see Sean @stokefc on the ft, he didn’t have as many (27k ish)
    Sean knocked me out 😏 when my AJ on a J hi flip couldn’t hold v his A5dd aipf, I guess if I keep getting it in good that’s all I can hope for really,
    I hear football has been awesome lately , I haven’t got sky sports or by sports or whatever channel bid gazillions for the rights to air them so I rely on minute by minute refresh page, riveting .

May play tonight if I’m not worn out.
    Have a good evening x

Oh ft - 53
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,037
    Wp (again) last night. Where did you end up finishing?
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Good Morning Ryan
    Good to share a table with you and @Dazler last night, I eventually finished 11th I think, JJ v AK aipf, my set of jacks no good v his straight 😊

Also replicated my 4th in the £2 deepstack
    Ft -54
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

waller02 said:

Good Morning Ryan
    Good to share a table with you and @Dazler last night, I eventually finished 11th I think, JJ v AK aipf, my set of jacks no good v his straight 😊

Also replicated my 4th in the £2 deepstack
    Ft -54
    Ah ul, gotta win those flips eh.

Yeah was good to bump into you both, I would have stopped and railed for a bit but I was shattered. Have a good weekend and best of luck for the rest of Mini Ukops
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited May 2019
    Was good to bump into you both in the mini, very well played and very unlucky with that set of Js. Had no one to chat to after you both went :( managed 6th in the end. And Ill try and do my best to read through the 600 plus posts Tomgoodun lol. My money is still on Tyrian to take the Thrown ;)
  • Options
    Dazler said:

Was good to bump into you both in the mini, very well played and very unlucky with that set of Js. Had no one to chat to after you both went :( managed 6th in the end. And Ill try and do my best to read through the 600 plus posts Tomgoodun lol. My money is still on Tyrian to take the Thrown ;)

Well played on reaching the FT, was good to pass the time having a chat, always nice to meet new folk.
    “Read through 600 plus posts” is more of a grind than 10 tabling 4nl for a week without sleep 😉

Jon Snow is gonna take it after Dragon Queen gets killed in battle or sneakily by Cersie who then gets killed by Jaime Lannister ( You heard it here first 😊)
  • Options
    Today is the last day of looking after gorgeous grandson, tiring but soooo worth it

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,158

Ha, he's a smasher, & so is the dog who is taking him for a walk.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    Hi @tomgoodun

Great to play on the same table as you the other day. It really was played in good spirit.

As you know, I haven't read much of this thread. (Simply due to the time factor as I try to show interest in people's posts, but just don't have the time to look at all)

All I understand is that you were unwell a while ago, but that you are currently doing OK, I hope that remains the case.

I will dip in and out of this thread from time to time, but just wanted to wish you all the best on and off the table.

Your Grandson is a smasher!

Smiley chappie. He's obviously happy and loved, and that is the most important thing.

All the best!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,285
    Your grandson looks a lot like you. Poor lad :)

Just taken my dog out for a nice walk. No-one told me it was "Triple-poo Friday"
  • Options
    Good evening
    Time for a very brief update, if anything just to keep this going so I can see it 😊
    Poker has been going ok, I won the £2 deep stack tonight, finaltabled 4 others since my last update , 3 @ 08, and 1 deepstack. No wins in them though.

Ft - 59.

Since posting about my dear daughter, the last 2 weeks have been pretty awesome really, isn’t it weird how one minute you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders and the next the sun is shining, the grass is green, and all around you feel love.

I feel so humble about the messages of support from people I haven’t met, the words of encouragement and knowing that people care, it’s a massive change from some of the stuff you see posted online, I guess some people are lonely and the bitterness takes over, it’s very easy to slip into that kind of mood, but I’m absolutely convinced the good guys outweigh the bad.

This week my dear daughters partner is away for training in his mechanic role, she was getting very anxious about being “ on her own” during the day and evenings, she lives with us, but I understand what she means, it’s the first time they have been apart since they started dating about 5 years ago.

My dear wife booked this week off to be with her, yesterday Chloe text me saying she was having a really good day, had seen a new psychiatrist and the meeting went really well., today they have had another lovely day, a walk in the woods followed by retail therapy and lunch, gorgeous grandson and pug were with them for the walk, the pug retired indoors whilst lunch in the sunshine was taken, it’s so nice to receive photo messages when I’m at work of my daughter and grandson smiling ❤️.

We booked a holiday., once again my friend Jon helped us, it’s been reported here he’s a bit like marmite, I think if I were a woman and single, his gf would have competition 😊, Vegas and a Cruise is our holiday of choice, I think we need a break., I’m sure all will be ok with Chloe, we put things in place before we go, we have lovely family who help out enormously.

I went to the driving range with my son at the weekend, the last time I went I’m pretty sure the 250yd marker was within my range, I think they have moved it 100yds further back.

Well that was brief.

Thanks to all for your messages, it means a lot.

Love to all x
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    Really great to read this latest post Tom.

So pleased that your family are doing well and I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

You deserve it!
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Really great to read this latest post Tom.

So pleased that your family are doing well and I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

You deserve it!

Thanks Graham
    Sorry to completely mess the Ryder Cup charity thing up, I only have one excuse...I’m Homer.
  • Options
    Good Afternoon all.
    Time for an update on all things poker and life for all you avid readers, it’s like waiting for the second series of Killing Eve isn’t it..😊
    Well ..similar but without the edge of the seat interesting plot lines, and fab characters.
    Ok completely different.

I have a mini confession., my memory is shot.
    I think I’ve ft’d 4 since my last update, 2 at 08 ( a win and a 2nd) and 2 at the standard hold em game.
    I’ve joined in with Graham’s charity Ryder Cup challenge, undefeated so far with 2 wins and 2 draws ( that’ll put the mockers on my final singles game of course)

Ft count - 63

A little soirée into my life in the past month.

Please tell me these things happen to everyone.

We had a lovely bbq when the weather was nice that day a few weeks ago, I’m that kind of chap who helps with the clearing away ( aren’t I the hero)
    I didn’t have much to carry really, a few plates, my phone, my e cig,
    I managed to trip over the step into the house, plates go flying with the detritus spread unsparingly over the carpet and **** my already knackered hips and knee up.
    I think the family were concerned about my welfare as they struggled not to guffaw over my prone body. They did ask how I was feeling and how the **** I had managed to trip over a step I had managed to navigate for the past 4 years without incident..

We have just returned from our regular weekend breakfast with the family at the local eatery, my wife for some unknown reason handed me her card to pay at the bar
    (this is the prelude, and my excuse for what happened if you can’t guess)
    Of course in the 10 steps to the bar I had completely forgotten I was holding my wife’s card and not mine.
    You know that “ These are definitely the right 4 digits I’m pressing “ thought process ?
    Apparently even though the machine is telling you “invalid code try again”, those amongst us who know for sure it’s the machine which is wrong and not us, carry on with the same 4 digits, in the hope that the machine will somehow admit it’s faults and say “ Sorry Tom, my mistake”
    That didn’t happen funnily enough.
    My wife was a smidgeon aghast at me returning her card with the words “ Your card is locked”
    Stupid 21st century technology.

My good lady went shopping with my dear daughter a couple of weeks ago, she knows I like my sweets and went a tad overboard, buying about 6 packets.
    Fast forward this week, we were making a list to do the shopping, I’d eaten 1 of the packets so that means.. yes those amongst you who are maths whiz kids have now worked out there are 5 packets left.
    Wife - “ Why on earth have you got all these sweets here? There’s far too many, you are eating too many sweets! ( this statement was worthy of a double exclamation mark, but...you know...)
    Me “ But Sarah , you bought the b.....y things”. ( 3 exclamation marks here)
    Wife ~ “ B...dy **** Tom, are you really arguing about sweets, you’re getting so cantankerous in your old age”
    How to follow that ?

Have a nice day x
  • Options
    Cracking post as usual Tom.