You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *OPT IN REQUIRED* >>> chiggypig wins week 17 <<<

Comments

• Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Cheers James, so the 7:15pm £5.50 PLO8 BH (mini UKOPS) and the regular 8:30pm games will count for the league tonight.
  • Options
    Sorry about the late update folks. It has been a very busy day at this end (league update to follow this post).

Also thanks for the kind words! Really enjoyed fitting an almost full week of the games in for the first time in a little while. Flying visit though, have too many commitments in the immediate future so it is back to just the odd game for me.

I will of course though still update this for everyone.
  • Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 19th of November

The weekly league table

P.S. I lost the bounty totals for the 7:15pm game.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,282
    Good luck with the new job, Marky.

Don't forget to tell them you need an extra break to keep up to date on this thread :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Good luck with the new job, Marky.

Don't forget to tell them you need an extra break to keep up to date on this thread :)

Cheers mate! Haha, yes, I will make sure it is built in to any employment contract :p

Hope all is well with you Phil.
  • Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 20th of November

The updated weekly league table

• Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 21st of November

• Options
    Sorry about the late update all. Been a very hectic day in my new teaching job, been up and at it since 5:30am this morning.

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 22nd of November

• Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 23rd of November

The updated league table

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    'Sorry about the late update all. Been a very hectic day in my new teaching job, been up and at it since 5:30am this morning.''

535520 word lesson plan?

Hope new job is going well Dave, happy for you.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,102

How's the job going, Mark?

Don't want your usual "War & Peace", just a brief update, like.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

How's the job going, Mark?

Don't want your usual "War & Peace", just a brief update, like.

@HENDRIK62 - Thanks mate!

@Tikay10 - Okay I will try and do the cliff notes :p

The morning of day 1 - OMG, WTF have I got myself into? *quickly scrambles to Youtube for self-help videos on 1st day teaching nerves*.

1st lesson - Well they are not going to control and direct themselves, so I give it a shot. It goes well and several of the class say 'I am a good lecturer'.

2nd lesson (same students) - Trickier subject to tackle but goes relatively well. I get home and there is an email offering extra hours.

Day 2 (lesson 1 - new group of students) - I realise I was given a 'nice' first group of students. This group is much more challenging and the 'smartboard' is broken so I have no access to the stuff I have prepared. I manage to find workarounds and make progress.

Day 2 (lesson 2 - still the new student group) - Make much more progress with this class and get 5+ compliments on my lecturing style.

Overall - Most 'challenging' week of my life. Absolutely loving it!

^^ Relatively succinct for me?
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,053
    Hi Marky
    Glad the new job is going well.
    Must be nice to enjoy work.
    I could never decide what career path I wanted.
    I still don't know what I want to do when I (eventually) grow up.
    :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,102
    "Relatively succinct for me?"

Positively brief, by your standards.

It occurs to me - not to be personal like - but you are the written version of Mr Ambo. He talks a lot, you write a lot.

PS - glad it went well.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 - "It occurs to me - not to be personal like - but you are the written version of Mr Ambo. He talks a lot, you write a lot". - Well, I have been called worse, much worse, often by you :p

@dragon1964 - "Glad the new job is going well. Must be nice to enjoy work. I could never decide what career path I wanted. I still don't know what I want to do when I (eventually) grow up". - Cheers dragon. Most of the time during the 1st week I have just been terrified. However, the tiny moments when it starts to come together and some progress is made are more than worth it. A lot of the time these decisions just seem to happen of their own accord. It is purely by chance - and not a grand master plan - that my path has led me to doing the teaching stuff.

Well done @safc71 and @lex907 on winning the games last night. I managed to play last night and had a great time blowing off steam. The games were played in brilliant spirit, particularly enjoyed the FT with safc and hendrik, even if it was a touch crazy at times :D

Anyways...

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 24th of November

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    ''Well done @safc71 and @lex907 on winning the games last night. I managed to play last night and had a great time blowing off steam. The games were played in brilliant spirit, particularly enjoyed the FT with safc and hendrik, even if it was a touch crazy at times :D''

Was really good fun, from 2 tables out....
    Once we hit the FT I just watched and let you all get medieval on each other, having committed ICM suicide the previous night v the CL with 2 very short players on I took a different approach last night
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited November 2017

markys 1st day and the student's are getting the better of him and he's dinner money. :D

That was a cracking game of PL08 last night those last two tables in the 8:30 were great fun. Nice to get the better of marky for a change and that wasn't bad tactics from HENDRICK. Tikay would have been proud of you watching us as we went crazy. :p

• Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 25th of November

• Options

The £5.50 PLO8 BH FT results from the 26th of November

• Options
    Well done to @safc71 on winning week 22!

Unlucky @HENDRIK62 who pays the price for his laddering antics :p

You know the drill @safc71 just let me know which tourney you want to play with your prize and I will make the request.

If you request tonight then it may prove problematic as I am working and won't see this till tonight. Any other night and I will get the request made in plenty of time.

WP you two, great battle!