You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Why

Comments

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878

March 4th 2018 trip down memory lane. Mr T Caption Competition.

Essexphil Posts:
    March 2018
    "No. Don't bother getting up. It's yet another Sky Poker competition with no prizes."
    Can " Poker Sites" afford to give away Freebies now..........noticed this today.

Customers of gambling companies are going to be banned from using their credit cards for betting from 14 April.

The Gambling Commission's announcement, which aims to tackle problem gambling and protect vulnerable customers, has sparked steep falls in the share prices of major industry players.

All online and offline betting activities will be covered except "non-remote lotteries" such as National Lottery tickets that are purchased in a store.

The ban builds on other measures to stop people getting into debt - including a reduction in the maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals, and whistle-to-whistle advertising bans during sporting events.

Although Gambling Commission chief executive Neil McArthur acknowledged that some consumers use credit cards for convenience, he warned that the risk of harm to others was too high.
    Advertisement

He said: "The ban that we have announced today should minimise the risks of harm to consumers from gambling with money they do not have.Customers of gambling companies are going to be banned from using their credit cards for betting from 14 April.

The Gambling Commission's announcement, which aims to tackle problem gambling and protect vulnerable customers, has sparked steep falls in the share prices of major industry players.
    -------------------------------------------------

I use Direct Debit but notice deposits are not taken at time but some days later as are withdrawals refunded later. Not seen mention of this. Problem or Blip

.Teodora Pavkovic
    (@PsycoachTP)
    Nothing to worry about here at all...😟

Researchers in the US have created the first #LivingMachines by assembling cells from African clawed frogs into tiny #Robots. “These are entirely new lifeforms. They have never before existed on Earth.” #AI

Really Kermit the Bot
    Boris getting Bossy...... Weighs into sweaty socks to stay ...will they lose pounds.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    goldon said:

Can " Poker Sites" afford to give away Freebies now..........noticed this today.

Customers of gambling companies are going to be banned from using their credit cards for betting from 14 April.

All online and offline betting activities will be covered except "non-remote lotteries" such as National Lottery tickets that are purchased in a store.

The ban builds on other measures to stop people getting into debt - including a reduction in the maximum stake on fixed-odds betting terminals, and whistle-to-whistle advertising bans during sporting events.

Although Gambling Commission chief executive Neil McArthur acknowledged that some consumers use credit cards for convenience, he warned that the risk of harm to others was too high.
    Advertisement

He said: "The ban that we have announced today should minimise the risks of harm to consumers from gambling with money they do not have.Customers of gambling companies are going to be banned from using their credit cards for betting from 14 April.

I use Direct Debit but notice deposits are not taken at time but some days later as are withdrawals refunded later. Not seen mention of this. Problem or Blip

Poker sites cannot afford to give stuff away like they used to. That said, in December (mixture of Xmas and my birthday) nearly every site gave me a freebie of some sort, to show they care (or at least, care about my money :)). 2 relevant examples on here were SkyBet and Stars. I made a conscious decision to halve my betting on January for any site that gave me nothing. The only real loser out of that has been Sky Poker.

The Credit Card ban was inevitable. They should be insisting that the same applies to the Lottery.

Have to say that in my experience Sky Poker (and all UK sites) are excellent in relation to deposit/withdrawal.
    The End of the freebie ........... Mm! sure you big boys will not suffer..... only little people pay taxes........... cough!
    Yesteryear Bad Boys got sent to Siberia.

Scientist dedicated to fighting climate change
    moved to Siberia to stop the thawing of permafrost

Ben Fogle siberia trip to investigate progress

- Russian scientist who moved to Siberia to revive the last Ice Age's ... Nikita Zimov, 37, welcomes Ben Fogle to his extraordinary research station ...
    Ben Fogle: New Lives in the Wild – Channel 5

- Ben meets a scientist trying to reduce climate change in this week's Ben Fogle: New Lives in the Wild on Channel 5.

Bigger News for our Media to report on........... Yep!
    More awards for the Soaps ......
    Brexit, Boris & Britain.

"Government Health Warning"
    N.H.S. struggling with Epidemic
    The EU virus sweeping Britain has now been contained and will soon be eradicated.
    The vaccine took three years to perfect and the Medicine tho hard to take proved to work. The Hospital North Sea Fish Menu prove a success while the removal of French wine was struggle, we are now out of intensive care and into recovery and the government will soon issue statement we have left Hospital with clean bill of Health.

Poker sites cannot afford to give stuff away like they used to. That said, in December (mixture of Xmas and my birthday) nearly every site gave me a freebie of some sort, to show they care (or at least, care about my money :)). 2 relevant examples on here were SkyBet and Stars. I made a conscious decision to halve my betting on January for any site that gave me nothing. The only real loser out of that has been Sky Poker.

The Credit Card ban was inevitable. They should be insisting that the same applies to the Lottery.

Have to say that in my experience Sky Poker (and all UK sites) are excellent in relation to deposit/withdrawal.

Old School .......... spend what you have.

New School ......... credit card spend it, pay off end of month before interest added.

Newbie's rely on free rolls & low entry games .....
    This caller was very angry with Nick Ferrari's campaign to crowdfund the money needed to get Big Ben to sound on Brexit Day - and Nick's response was perfect.
    Shut the F... up no it wasn't really, Did Forum person sent you.

No neither, he offered to put one thousand pounds in himself. Brill

Me not that rich, could offer £1-50 just to P someone off when they Bong!

Spoil Sports "Remainers" to spoil Brexit Celebration.

James O'Brien urged Remainers not to disrupt Nigel Farage's party when the UK leaves the European Union.

Leave Means Leave have announced a Brexit celebration will take place in Parliament Square on 31st January to mark the date that we split from the EU.

That has upset Remainers, still angry at the fact Brexit will happen. But James told his listeners not to protest at the event.

He said: "This party that Nigel wants to have on the 31st. That party should go ahead and everyone who wants to celebrate should be able to celebrate and do whatever it is that they want to do.

"I'm speaking with absolute sincerity.

"It is not the night for protests or for trying to cause problems or for raining on the metaphorical parade.

"It categorically would be stupid to seek to interfere with or disrupt that celebration. I really mean that, it's really important."
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    goldon said:

Spoil Sports "Remainers" to spoil Brexit Celebration.

James O'Brien urged Remainers not to disrupt Nigel Farage's party when the UK leaves the European Union.

Leave Means Leave have announced a Brexit celebration will take place in Parliament Square on 31st January to mark the date that we split from the EU.

That has upset Remainers, still angry at the fact Brexit will happen. But James told his listeners not to protest at the event.

He said: "This party that Nigel wants to have on the 31st. That party should go ahead and everyone who wants to celebrate should be able to celebrate and do whatever it is that they want to do.

"I'm speaking with absolute sincerity.

"It is not the night for protests or for trying to cause problems or for raining on the metaphorical parade.

"It categorically would be stupid to seek to interfere with or disrupt that celebration. I really mean that, it's really important."

If herr fFrage wants a party, he can pay for it with some of his 'soon to be no longer paid' EU allowances
    Mm! me not happy with him either but we need to move on ...... forwards an upwards.
  • chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Not even a token gesture.
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

Advertisement

For a free entry, just tot up the amount of Black Dots. Simple.
    Squawk ........ let me out then I'll be Free.

My Dentist had this sort of thing on the ceiling over the dentist chair for customers to look at and divert their attention from what he was doing. Worked but you had to go to the Opticians after.

How Cool is this Kid gonna be at School.

Ok, you would not wanna exchange you're real arm but..........

Surprised at how many kids have artificial arms, but this one looks Star Wars.
    edited January 2020
    The Demise of High Street Shopping......

Guess what I got for Christmas...... Dash Cam. Yep! However the Wife ever looking for the bargain gets one cheaper without SD card. So of to the Shops I go to get one.
    Only couple Quid she said, up down the High Street only Halford's have one want £20 Mm! that can't be right....... I'll come back..... Oop! no I wont, there's one on line for £11.99 so I order it. Three days later it arrives wrong Item..... Grrrrrrrr contact seller tells me, send it back & refunds money. Wife on the case, she orders correct Item plus Computer connector not included in first purchase for £6.10p free/p Moral of Story.!

"You can't beat a Good Wife wouldn't be right." cough!!

Bing Bong the wicked remaing'rs are Brown Bread.... under the houses of Parliament

https://youtu.be/ONGxrZVHbXkhttps://youtu.be/ONGxrZVHbXk
    Killer Thread .........or ........ Thread Killer.