You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited May 2018
    Update after week 3:

Starting weight --- = 14st 12lbs (Target weight 12st 0lbs)
    Weight after Week 1 = 14st 7lbs
    Weight after Week 2 = 14st 6lbs
    Weight after Week 2 = 14st 3lbs

Mananged a 3lb loss on the week. (9lb total)

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,369
    Start: 20-02
    Last: 18-10
    Now: 18-11

Not good, but not surprised. SPT Nottingham was always going to be a weight gain, as my sister lives there.

I will always be her baby brother. When I was at infants school, my sister was in the Juniors at the same school. She was a teacher in the Juniors :)

Still has to feed me as though I'm about 6, and I must confess I enjoy it. At least I have started going on walks...

Phil
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,288
  • Options

Update after week 18;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Weight after week 13 = 12st 11lbs

Weight after week 14 = 12st 9lbs

Weight after week 15 = 12st 7lbs

Weight after week 16 = 12st 6lbs

Weight after week 17 = 12st 4lbs

Weight after week 18 = 12st 4lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone & 8lb ( = 36lbs) in 18 weeks.
  • Options

So after 17 consecutive weeks of weight loss, the run ended this week, as I came in at exactly the same weight as last week.

Boo.

SPT Notts was the cause, as I had to miss three days of exercise, & ate badly. It's not really possible to get diet food when working away.

I tried to compensate by increased walks & distance on Tues, Weds & Thurs but to no avail. I guess if I had not upped the exercise by way of compensating for SPT, I'd have gained weight, so it's not a disaster. It feels like it is though. ;)

On we go.

The plan is to end the Diet 2 weeks today - May 25th. Guess the best I can hope for now is around 12-2.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Well done all.

Today's weight, 14:00:06

• Options
    Tikay you better not be going in a bull ring with those socks on!
  • Options
    Quite happy this week; ate reasonable well and exercised a decent amount too. Rock on next Friday!
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    EEEK

After losing a lb on a bad week I have managed to put 2lb on in what I thought was a good week. It was food wise anyway but not exercise wise.

Starting weight 15st 2lb
    Last week 14st 7lb
    This week 14st 9lb

Weekly loss -2lb lb
    Overall loss 7 lb

Target weight 14st 0lb

More regular exercise definitely required this week.

Have you lost 2lb this week @Larson7?

If so you are in the box seat for a £10 charity nomination.

I'll check back this evening/tomorrow to see if anyone has bettered you although it seems SPT Notts has taken a few victims.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Update.
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 5lbs
    Current Weight (Week 18):

No loss this week but at least I didn't put any on. Had the same routine as the week before when I lost 4lbs so a bit puzzled.

Total loss: 1st 4lbs
    Total Smoked: 20

• Options
    Hi guys.

I have just weighed myself and I am 14st 4lbs, (one pound more than last week)

However, I am not giving up yet. I have 5 hours to lose at least a pound, and I am hoping tonight's Table Tennis session will do that.

So please excuse my late weigh in, I will do it tonight when I get back, hopefully at 14st 3lb or 14st 2lbs would be even better.

#5HOURS_TO_LOSE_WEIGHT

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Just about managed it after a tough workout:

Update after week 4:

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 3lbs
    Weight after Week 4 = 14st 2lbs

Mananged a 1 lb loss on the week. (10 lb total)

Doesn't really tell the whole story. I lost my way at the start of the week and by Tuesday I had put on 4 lbs.

I spent Weds, Thurs and Fri eating better, with a tough Table Tennis workout Wednesday and today to lose 5 lbs between Weds and today, making it a 1 lb net loss on the week.

Glad we have this thread, I probably would have let it slip otherwise.

BTW my pictures are in red, not because I live in a boudoir, but because I don't know how to turn the flash off, so put my finger over it, otherwise the red light of the weight cannot be seen.

• Options
    LARSON7 said:

Quite happy this week; ate reasonable well and exercised a decent amount too. Rock on next Friday!

Well done Larson!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Tikay10 said:

So after 17 consecutive weeks of weight loss, the run ended this week, as I came in at exactly the same weight as last week.

Boo.

SPT Notts was the cause, as I had to miss three days of exercise, & ate badly. It's not really possible to get diet food when working away.

I tried to compensate by increased walks & distance on Tues, Weds & Thurs but to no avail. I guess if I had not upped the exercise by way of compensating for SPT, I'd have gained weight, so it's not a disaster. It feels like it is though. ;)

On we go.

The plan is to end the Diet 2 weeks today - May 25th. Guess the best I can hope for now is around 12-2.

That is still OK TK, it's getting to the stage for you now, where maintaining your weight is pretty good.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Never knew there was such a thing as a tough Table Tennis workout, I thought you just stood there hitting the ball.

Well done though Graham solid progress.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    waller02 said:

Never knew there was such a thing as a tough Table Tennis workout, I thought you just stood there hitting the ball.

LOL. Depends on the level you play at. In my prime when living in the US, I played for Colorado Springs, was ranked 3rd in the state of Colorado, and played in the US National Championships in 1999 and 2000, until a herniated disk while playing against Denver put me out of competitive competition for 10 years.

I am not at that level now, although at least I can play again (touch wood)

I still represent my town, and I have a coach who puts me through may paces, so it's a bit more than standing and hitting a ball back lol.

:=)
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

waller02 said:

LOL. Depends on the level you play at. In my prime when living in the US, I played for Colorado Springs, was ranked 3rd in the state of Colorado, and played in the US National Championships in 1999 and 2000, until a herniated disk while playing against Denver put me out of competitive competition for 10 years.

I am not at that level now, although at least I can play again (touch wood)

I still represent my town, and I have a coach who puts me through may paces, so it's a bit more than standing and hitting a ball back lol.

:=)
    Impressive stuff. Yeah it was a tongue in cheek comment, I've seen how intense the games can be when I've watched it on TV.

So the poker tables aren't the only tables where you're a beast then.
  • Options
    Hey Phantom,

Sorry I never responded sooner seldom on Forum nowadays.

Would have been 2 lbs, what's the charity nomination?

This week has potentially not been so good but going for a jog just now to try and post a sensible weight tomorrow!

Well done all, great achievements with the weight loss.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

Boo.

On we go.

Fatty.
  • Options
    Update after week 5:

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 3lbs
    Weight after Week 4 = 14st 2lbs
    Weight after Week 5 = 14st 1lbs

Managed a 1 lb loss on the week. (11 lb total)