You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited April 2018
    Managed to lose 2 lbs since last Friday for my interim weight for the charity. So that's 8 lbs lost in total from 13/04/18

Weight on 13/04: 14st 12lbs
    Weight on 31/04: 14st 04lbs
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,964
    Very good start Graham, well done, and keep it up.

Will do an unofficial mid-week weigh in tomorrow morning to see if I've lost anything since Friday, so we know the charity situation.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I think based on last figures posted, since 13/04/18, TK has lost a further 3lbs and has reached his target weight and Phantom has lost 1lb

So I make that 12lbs lost in total (unless any further posts) so that is £12 + £10 for TK reaching target.

So I will add £22, as will Gary (Limp2Lose), to our current donations.

Of course if anyone posts further weight loss since Friday, then we will add to that.

Regarding the charity money. I am delivering the cheque in person on Thursday, so please could you make the payments by 02/04/18 latest.

Payment details on OP of thread below:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/173360/tlb2018-heads-up-comp-975-raised-last-day-for-donations-see-rspcas-expert-analysis/p1

Many thanks all, and I wish you continued success with your weight loss programmes.

Cheers,

G

P.S. This is the last of my "charity" pushes this year, so I will stop bugging people now. :=)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Tikay10 said:

Very good start Graham, well done, and keep it up.

Will do an unofficial mid-week weigh in tomorrow morning to see if I've lost anything since Friday, so we know the charity situation.

Thanks TK. Looks like we posted at the same time. Gary and I will wait for further interim posts (yours and others) before making our charity payments.

We'll see how things stand COB 01/05/18

It stands at £22 atm, which Gary is also matching.
  • Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    Hmmmmm maybe I should join in with this....3 years ago I was super stressed and super skinny with an all time low of 7st 2lb. Not healthy in the least. I ate a lot and drank copious amounts of lattes but never gained weight.

Then I met my other half and happiness and contentment set in. An extra 4 and a half stone of it!!!! I've never had scales in the house but popped round mums at the weekend and she had bought some, so hopped on and jaw nearly hit the floor. Gulp.

I've never dieted before and being a) a foodie and b) a feeder, I think a diet will be the hardest thing for me. have will power in other areas, but this will probably make me super unhappy. How do you guys stick to it???

• Options

@StayOrGo

Afternoon Graham.

My weigh-in day is Friday, so this is unofficial, but I weighed myself this morning so you can finalise the Charity thing.

Here you go;

• Options

^^^^

My "official" weigh-ins are always rounded up to the nearest whole pound, so although last Friday's scales read 12st 5.5 lbs, I recorded it on the weight-loss post as 12st 6lbs.

Today it is 12st 5lbs, so I think that counts as a further 1lb loss.
  • Options
    Great stuff TK.

I will increase my pledge accordingly.

£23 it is atm, pending any other weights losses coming in.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Just made a £20 fat club donation to the @StayOrGo charity account.

£10 penalty for me not losing this week and £10 for @Tikay10 having made (and now exceeded) his target weight,

Hope you get to the £1k mark for the cheque giving.

Welcome to @COFFEENCRM. I am not the best to give advice given my limited success so far but the easiest thing for me to get started was to stop buying sweet/fatty treats and have a breakfast (usually porridge) to see me through to lunch.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Just made a £20 fat club donation to the @StayOrGo charity account.

£10 penalty for me not losing this week and £10 for @Tikay10 having made (and now exceeded) his target weight,

Hope you get to the £1k mark for the cheque giving.

Welcome to @COFFEENCRM. I am not the best to give advice given my limited success so far but the easiest thing for me to get started was to stop buying sweet/fatty treats and have a breakfast (usually porridge) to see me through to lunch.

Received the £20 many thanks P66!

This makes your total donations £50, really is very good of you.

We are now at £995 so with the upcoming £1 per Lb donations we should exceed £1K in total, which is outstanding!

Thanks again for your support!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    OK.

We'll settle on 13 lbs being the total lost.

So that's £13 each for TK and Waller's £ per Lb sponsorship.

If you could pay it today or tomorrow that would be handy. If not, I will put it in for you and we can sort it out later.

I present the cheque to Gloucester House with my parents on Thursday.

Many thanks, once again for your support and best of luck with your continuing weight loss.

In a way it was easier for me as I have just started. I am sure I won't find it easy as the weeks go on.

You guys had already done tremendously well before I came on the scene, so don't be disheartened if there have been a couple of blips over the last week or two.

Do keep at it though, and post here even if it is not good news. No-ones going to berate you for putting on a pound or two. I'm sure we'll support each other through the tough times as well as the successes.

All the best!

G
  • Options
  • Options

Morning fellow fatties.

The "midweek" weigh-in does not count for purposes of week-on-week comparison, as that was a separate thing, agreed with Graham, so the numbers below are based on the normal Friday to Friday weigh-ins.

Update after week 17;

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Weight after Week 3 = 14st 0lbs

Weight after week 4 = 13st 12lbs

Weight after week 5 = 13st 10lbs

Weight after week 6 = 13st 9lbs

Weight after week 7 = 13st 8lbs

Weight after week 8 = 13st 5lbs

Weight after week 9 = 13st 3lbs

Weight after week 10 = 13st 0lbs

Weight after week 11 = 12st 13lbs

Weight after week 12 = 12st 12lbs

Weight after week 13 = 12st 11lbs

Weight after week 14 = 12st 9lbs

Weight after week 15 = 12st 7lbs

Weight after week 16 = 12st 6lbs

Weight after week 17 = 12st 4lbs

Total loss to date is exactly 2 stone & 8lb ( = 36lbs) in 17 weeks.
  • Options

Can't tell you how pleased I am with that, a 2lb loss in a week at this stage of a diet is really surprising.

Gill was down last weekend too, & that's Diet-bad, as we go out for meals & all sorts, we even had afternoon tea with scones, jam & clotted cream, num num num.

This week I don't expect ANY weight loss, in fact I would not be surprised if I gained a little, as I'm up at SPT Notts for 3 days, which destroys my eating & exercise regime. Breakfast 3 days running, plus "bad" evening meal (KFC or burger & chips) after play ends at 2am or whatever has to be bad.

I will also lose 3 days of the daily walks - the walks have been the key to my weight loss. I'm up to 6 miles per day now, 3 walks per day (3 miles, 1.5 miles & 1.5 miles).

Anyway, that's where we are, & I'm very happy with progress.

I plan to end the diet on Friday 25th, with any luck I'll not be far above 12st by then.

Good luck everyone else, keep it going, you'll get there.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Tikay10 said:

Can't tell you how pleased I am with that, a 2lb loss in a week at this stage of a diet is really surprising.

Gill was down last weekend too, & that's Diet-bad, as we go out for meals & all sorts, we even had afternoon tea with scones, jam & clotted cream, num num num.

This week I don't expect ANY weight loss, in fact I would not be surprised if I gained a little, as I'm up at SPT Notts for 3 days, which destroys my eating & exercise regime. Breakfast 3 days running, plus "bad" evening meal (KFC or burger & chips) after play ends at 2am or whatever has to be bad.

I will also lose 3 days of the daily walks - the walks have been the key to my weight loss. I'm up to 6 miles per day now, 3 walks per day (3 miles, 1.5 miles & 1.5 miles).

Anyway, that's where we are, & I'm very happy with progress.

I plan to end the diet on Friday 25th, with any luck I'll not be far above 12st by then.

Good luck everyone else, keep it going, you'll get there.

Well done Tikay. Must feel great to hit your target weight.

I hope you'll stick around to give us some words of encouragement or a kick up the backside when needed.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Well done again Tikay.

I had a diet break last weekend too and have surprised myself by seeing my weight down to 14st 7lb. A 1 lb loss on the week and a record low (as no 0.25 to round down).

Starting weight 15st 2lb
    Last week 14st 8lb
    This week 14st 7lb

Weekly loss 1 lb
    Overall loss 9 lb

Target weight 14st 0lb
  • Options

Top work @Phantom66 , keep it going mate, you'll get there.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Week 1, 14:2:8 @ 11am.

Didn't do that well with healthy eating but did get plenty of exercise in.

Really happy this week with the exercise, next week hopefully improve a lot with the healthy eating and for sure avoid crisps and chocolate!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Update.
    Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Last Week: 18st 9lbs
    Current Weight (Week 17):

I managed to exercise most days and it has paid off so hopefully I can put the recent blip behind me and push on.

Total Loss: 1st 4lbs
    Total smoked: 20
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Very well done TK, P66, Kev and Ryan!