You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fat Club - let's lose weight, quit smoking & be more healthy in 2018.

Comments

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    waller02 said:

SR23 said:

Well done team, apologies for not posting yesterday.

I'm still smoking, but last week probably smoked the fewest cigarettes in a week than I have done since I was 15. So that's something, I suppose. Plus it's been super-light tobacco and has only cost me £10 for a week. So that's something too, I suppose.

Hopefully, I can gradually ween myself off that and inch towards more meditation, exercise, cold showers (hi Tikay) etc. which should help with quitting smoking. Don't think I could just cold turkey it now with current lifestyle/stress and so on.

Well done again.

Have you ever tried vaping? Get yourself a decent vaper with a sub ohm tank, it gives you a proper lung full. It's by no means as good as a real smoke but it really does take the edge off.

You're looking at about 60 quid for a good vape kit, but it more than pays itself back with the money you save on cigs. I get my juices from 1 pound e-liquid, I don't see the need to spend more on pricier liquids as these are just as good as any others I've tried.

If you're really serious about giving up then vaping is the route that I would suggest.

Good luck with whichever way you try to quit, it's tough but 100000% worth it
    Hi Waller - thanks for the post. Yep, I am giving vaping a really good coat of looking at at the moment and reckon that's the direction I'm headed - esp w/a sub ohm tank as they sound cool af. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,216

Reminder to fellow fatties & puffers - tomorrow - FRIDAY - is Weekly Report day.

I've not weighed myself since last Friday, but have had a great week with the diet. 6am tomorrow is the big moment, when I step on those scales. If I've not lost a few lbs, I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.

Hope you all had a good week, too.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Tikay10 said:

Reminder to fellow fatties & puffers - tomorrow - FRIDAY - is Weekly Report day.

I've not weighed myself since last Friday, but have had a great week with the diet. 6am tomorrow is the big moment, when I step on those scales. If I've not lost a few lbs, I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.

I was under the weather for a couple of days earlier in the week so hardly ate during that time, but on the flip side I didn't exercise either so don't know what to expect.

• Options
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

I was under the weather for a couple of days earlier in the week so hardly ate during that time, but on the flip side I didn't exercise either so don't know what to expect.

Just do your best Ryan, a few days or a week is no big deal, it's a long-term thing really. Keep it going for 3 months & you'll be amazed at the difference.

I'm feeling SO much better for exercise & improved diet, it's amazing really.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837

Dreading tomorrow. I have lost track this week.

• Options
    Smoking - Been a bit of a disaster this week. Have not smoked any more than usual but have made 0 progress. I have also missed my window when it may have been easier to stop before the workload went into overdrive. I will have to rethink this.

Weight - Went from 17 stone 6 to 17 stone 5. Down a whole 1 lb.

Hope everyone else has made more progress.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,368
    edited January 2018
    Weight last week-19-7.
    This week-19-6.

Many a mickle meks a muckle.
    A saying first said by the mickle family, makers of muckles.

PS-I've lost that bandana :)
  • Options

Well done Phil & Marky, 1lb may not seem much, but it's progress, & a step in the right direction.

Keep it going.

Marky & his cigarettes?

• Options

Update after Week 2

Starting weight = 14st 12lbs

Weight after Week 1 = 14st 6lbs

Weight after Week 2 = 14st 1lb

Yay, really happy with that.
  • Options
    Well done guys. Especially Tikay, great effort.

Get off those ciggies Marky, you can do it mate.
  • Options
    Update.

Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
    Week 1: 19st 4lbs
    Week 2:

Total loss of 9lbs.

Very happy. I was ill early in the week so I was only having soup and dry toast for a couple days. Not done much exercise due to feeling too rough but will be back on the fitness routine on Monday.

Cigarettes smoked = ZERO

• Options
    Sorry the photo is so big. I don't know how to make it smaller!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    waller02 said:

Never mind the photo size Ryan, a 5lb loss in a week, & 9lbs overall, & zero ciggies, is as good as it gets.

Be proud, mate.

Now you just gotta keep it going. And you can.

Well done.
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Start Weight: 15st 2lb
    Week 1 : 14st 13lb
    Week 2 : 14st 11lb

-5lb overall

Happy with that.

Well done to others too, nice work guys.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Tikay10 said:

waller02 said:

Never mind the photo size Ryan, a 5lb loss in a week, & 9lbs overall, & zero ciggies, is as good as it gets.

Be proud, mate.

Now you just gotta keep it going. And you can.

Well done.
    Likewise, cheers.

I like to think that I would be honest if I ever had a shocker and put 5lbs on or similar, but posting the photo removes any temptation that may arise. Plus it keeps me motivated.

Keep up the good work all.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

-5lb overall

Happy with that.

Yay, another winner, well done mate.

This is going pretty well I think, collectively we've probably lost over 2 stone.

Has to be a good thing.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

-5lb overall

Happy with that.

Well done phantom another great week
  • Options
    Splendid effort folks!
  • Options
    IH8UButlerIH8UButler Member Posts: 196
    Good to see everyone making progress in this thread. Any chance I can make a late entry? Been gaining weight steadily over the past few years and after a good start to last year a broken toe put paid the the exercise plan, and stress at work/home put paid to the diet!

Fortunately life is back on track somewhat, with the exception of the gut! Feeling low on energy all the time and out of breath after even mild exercise. Avoided weighing in for weeks as got a feeling am now over the 100kgs boundary!

Went all out at start of last year which worked really well but think burnt me out, so want to set some fairly easy goals I can stick to initially, and maybe ramp things up if it goes well

Aim is to be 90kgs or less by my birthday on March 20th, this gives me just under 2 months. Will do this by:
    Daily walk at lunchtime
    3 x weekly workouts of 20 mins (high intensity!)
    Drink at least a litre of water per day

No diet restrictions yet, if I can stick to the above for 3 weeks starting after an initial weigh in this Friday will start looking at the diet a bit.
    Had a fitness coach last year who gave me some good bits of advice, will try and share a few tips I found handy along the way

Slow and steady!
  • Options
    @IH8UButler

Morning to you.

Yes, of course you are welcome to join, & any fitness tips you can share would be very welcome.

We do have a few Fitness Freaks in the thread already - @markycash & @Essexphil spring to mind - but the more the merrier.

Friday is our big day - that's when we all report on on our progress.

We have already shed, collectively, a few stone & most of us are going along nicely. You'll be a great addition to the Club.