You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174

From what I can gather from very limited googling Adobe Air still runs as 32 bit on a 64 bit system and any Air app will crash at 2gb RAM usage. That's the cap Air will allow at 32 bit.

Naturally, adding more tables will use more RAM and with probably slightly imperfect software code/design causing memory 'leaks'.

Devs can profile the Sky Poker app and potentially find out how to cut out the memory issues but as this is probably outsourced and with work on the whole new software underway I'm going to hazard a guess that this issue won't be fixed.

Was there a rumor that Sky were putting a table cap of 6 in? Might be a fantastic idea!

Not a rumour, just an April Fool thing.
  • Options
    TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    edited April 2018
    Used to have probs like these on other sites 8 to 10 years ago they have them fixed now.
    So the tech/software is out there to sort probs like these.
    For years I've seen posts like these and replys that sky are trying to sort them,their excuses are not really acceptable,they charging money for a service and are providing a poor service.
    Used to **** me off years ago when I complained about probs to other sites and they would try to put the blame at my end.
    They done this to lots of players,till we got wise and stopped playing the sites that were not fit for purpose.

I don't get many probs playing on sky (if I did I wouldn't play here)
    Couple of times I've not been able to see my cards (which is shocking) but that's only happened one or twice in the last year.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    This thread is a crash doomswitch. I can't get 2 tables going at the minute without the client crashing.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740

This thread is a crash doomswitch. I can't get 2 tables going at the minute without the client crashing.

Same for me :/
  • Options

Same for me :/
    What the hells happened? It was fine yesterday
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    There was an update yesterday for sky, maybe they are trying something. Or got something wrong.
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    Are you able to advise what is happening today that wasn't yesterday? Is it literally when you open a second table that you have a crash? To our knowledge nothing has changed overnight with the client.
  • Options
    I couldn't notice any pattern in particular. I had 3 tables up at one point, it crashed, but then it also crashed when I had 1 table up.

I've given up for the day now.
  • Options

I couldn't notice any pattern in particular. I had 3 tables up at one point, it crashed, but then it also crashed when I had 1 table up.

I've given up for the day now.

Cash, MTT or SNG?
  • Options
    All cash
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    So it would seem that anyone multi tabling 9+ tables has this issue?

It has made trying for this current DYM promotion very frustrating, very tilting, and ultimately money losing too (when I say money losing I mean not winning as much as we should if software worked all the time). Without doubt it has cost me due to bubble sit outs etc.

I have played games with Johnmonty, Jac35, Gsmith, Reflex, Heddoh and Nutter before, if all of these players (as well as myself) are having the same problem then I would suggest that it happens to absolutely anyone and everyone playing 9+ tables at a time.

I would like to see if it is also happening to Timmyrara and Vlallia?

The old software never had this problem by the way - which is why im annoyed its now been made unavailable. I loved the old software - is there no way of getting it back in Tikay, IF its proven that the new software cannot cope with anyone multi tabling 9+ tables?

I find it totally unbelievable that such a huge company as Skybet/Skypoker can have such a massive issue in the first place AND that it cannot be relatively easily fixed?

I also find it totally unreasonable for Skypoker support to say (every single time I must add) - 'it must be a problem with your computer, try clearing your cookies'.

There is not one of the other major sites that this happens on - PS, 888, Ipoker are all 100% fine, but Skypoker isn't.

Ultimately therefore, Skypoker will a) be losing current customers and b) not gaining many new multi-tabling customers due to this issue.

Does anyone know when the 'new' software is coming? - AND furthermore if this will fix the issue?
  • Options
    SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    Is anybody else having a different issue where one table will buffer/ lag whilst the rest are completely fine? At points last night it was almost unplayable, folded the nuts in a large pot, not only costing money but also extremely tilting.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Hard to disagree with anything @Jacquelyn is saying there.

Just to confirm how it's been for me, multi-tabling has always been an issue and crashes are an inevitability when doing so. However, the last couple of days have been much worse. I tried out just single-tabling a table of 10nl cash this morning to see how things were but after a second crash within an hour I gave up - I've since been playing on another site today.
  • Options
    davhotreddavhotred Member Posts: 39
    If it ain't broke don't fix it !
    Playing ONE DYM (32513529) on the Download just now, crashed 8 times by Level 4 ! I.e. UNPLAYABLE.
    Agree with everything Jacquelyn has to say, except from a 'single' table player's viewpoint.
    Is it back to the good old 'clear your cookies' times ?
    Give us the old tables back - its called choice, Customer choice!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    davhotred said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it !
    Playing ONE DYM (32513529) on the Download just now, crashed 8 times by Level 4 ! I.e. UNPLAYABLE.
    Agree with everything Jacquelyn has to say, except from a 'single' table player's viewpoint.
    Is it back to the good old 'clear your cookies' times ?
    Give us the old tables back - its called choice, Customer choice!

Hi @davhotred

I'm afraid there is no choice but to remove the Flash-Based tables, as was explained in this thread, here.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/comment/987164

...in which I wrote;

a very small minority of players still use the old style Flash-based tables.

These tables will be decommissioned in the next few days & so will no longer be available. It's not a matter that can be avoided or changed, for various technical reasons, these Tables have to be removed

This is not because Sky Poker want to remove them, it's because all Adobe Flash is being phased out globally, not just on Poker, or on Sky Poker.

Have a quick peruse of this, it helps explain why;

https://www.adchief.io/social-media-advertising-tips/2017/08/adobe-flash-will-disappear-completely-2020-means-website/

You will see from that that Apple, Mac Computers, IPads, IPhones, Mozilla Firefox, google Chrome, Microsoft Explorer, Edge etc have all, or are about to, disable Adobe Flash by default. It is being applied right across the SB&G portfolio, too. Most platforms have mid 2018 as the end date.

Alternatively, for a wider perspective, enter "Adobe Flash no longer supported" into google Search.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no choice. It's not a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", it's a case of Adobe Flash disappearing.

Hope that helps to explain the issue of the "old style" tables being removed.
  • Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    Glad Jacqueln has raised this topic, I regularly 8-10 table and will occasionally have issues with the client. The past 2 day it's been unbearable. Crashing every few minutes so I have switched to the web browser, only problem is the windows are larger so I can't fit as many on, visually it's also distracting as it looks slightly different.

Hope Sky can fix this soon because it's stopping my usual grind.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Mayhem357 said:

Glad Jacqueln has raised this topic, I regularly 8-10 table and will occasionally have issues with the client. The past 2 day it's been unbearable. Crashing every few minutes so I have switched to the web browser, only problem is the windows are larger so I can't fit as many on, visually it's also distracting as it looks slightly different.

Hope Sky can fix this soon because it's stopping my usual grind.

Hi @Mayhem357

Glad to hear the Web Browser is a partial help. Not ideal of course.

PS - I sent you a PM this morning about an unrelated matter. Reply via PM please, not "on Forum", thanks.
  • Options
    Just an update I've tried dropping down to 5 tables and it's crashing less but still 4-5 times during that single session. I am playing one table now and it seems to be fine but the crashing has cost me a fair bit today. It completely distracts your focus and I'm losing a lot when blinds get high, please fix this Sky as the browser just isn't the same.

Given the distinct low traffic today I suspect this is impacting a fair amount of people too.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Hi Tikay,

I am sure you are anyway - but please lets try to escalate this to the guys at the top as a matter of urgency and try to find a fix? - It certainly would appear that anyone who is multi - tabling 9/10+ tables is having crash issues.

Can I get a response to the question of when the new software will be available (many people seem to have mentioned that there is new software coming soon) and if that will fix this issue?

Please keep us updated - really appreciate your responses here, its far far far better than the official email/live chat support channels.
  • Options
    I've just tried single tabling a low level heads up match, busy beating my opponent and the software crashes, by the time I come back half my stack is gone. Please Sky hurry up and fix this.