You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,969
    Jacquelyn said:

Thanks, I am glad you appreciated it.

If any further proof of insanity was required, it would be you trying to convince everyone that you are prepared to lose £30 per day in order to compete in the current promotion.

Your input is neither useful nor insightful, just pure nonsense.

Losing 20-30 overall a day on disconnection issues doesn't mean i'm losing 20-30gbp overall does it? Are you stupid?

Clearly this doesn't affect you so why come on the forum and shoot down what is a VERY valid and common issue among many players, not just myself?

Very surprised at your attitude towards this seeing as it also indirectly affects you - if myself and just a few others leave the site because of this then it leaves your three lunchtime tournies void of players and that tourny will be removed.

You have clearly said in a number of posts that you have lost £30 per day due to connection issues. You have offered a solution to this, by saying that you could play less tables. However you have stated that playing less tables would mean not competing in the current promotion. There is clearly a choice between playing less tables, or competing in the promotion.

Most people would base their choice on whether the projected returns from the promotion would outweigh the £30 per day loss. If you chose the daily loss it would not be me that is stupid.

I am not saying that you haven't got a valid complaint.

What I am saying is that despite Tikays numerous assurances that he will let everyone know as soon as the problem is solved, you continually ask if it has been solved. I think you can assume it hasn't because Tikay hasn't let you know.

I would agree with Matt Bates, that this is similar to having to listen to kids in the back of the car continually asking "are we there yet", despite the fact that you have just told them that the journey was going to take a couple of hours. Although they have the excuse that they are just kids.

I don't think that the decision on who comments where is yours to make.

You have a very easy choice of playing less tables or losing £30 per day in connection issues. Nothing could be clearer. Just make the choice, and wait until Tikay lets you know that the problem is resolved.
    If you went off to play elsewhere, as you keep threatening to do, I for one would not miss your constant chat box moaning, and losing a couple of lunchtime tourneys as a result would be a very small price to pay.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I'm rather busy right now, so please don't think I'm ignoring the post by Jacquelyn, I'll reply soonest, though I doubt I will be able to tell him or her anything I have not said previously.

Is it fixed yet?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    Jacquelyn said:

All of this makes really good sense Evilpingu - thank you for posting, thanks for the screenshot too. Good to know i'm not alone and your support is welcomed!

My suggestion may well help. I know it's extra expense but maybe it's worth a go...

• Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    i get this all the time. for people to say stop moaning about it is a bit silly really and just goes to show how some people can be clueless.

the fact that the site is aware of the issue and still no fix is just ridiculous. if you pay to play then you should be able to play. there is no point in going for any promos if you can not put the volume in to do it.

mtt and stt players have to play a lot more games to get anywhere with these so to say do not play as many would make it impossible to even get priority. but this is not possible to do if you your games are crashing every time.

but if it does not affect you then there is no problem, better to just moan about people moaning instead.

• Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2018

You have clearly said in a number of posts that you have lost £30 per day due to connection issues. You have offered a solution to this, by saying that you could play less tables. However you have stated that playing less tables would mean not competing in the current promotion. There is clearly a choice between playing less tables, or competing in the promotion.

Most people would base their choice on whether the projected returns from the promotion would outweigh the £30 per day loss. If you chose the daily loss it would not be me that is stupid.

I really don't know what your problem is. Bad day? Why am i getting the abuse and not Evilpingu for example who has the same problem.

You are not including average general profit in the equation as well. There is blatently a delicate balance between playing lots of tables at an average profit + points + promotion whilst including disconnections. Obviously, if I was losing 20-30 quid a day SOLELY going for the promotion, this would be stupid - i'm glad we can agree on something.

The reason I harp on and on about this is because nothing is being done about it. If this doesn't affect you (and it would appear it doesn't) then why are you here moaning at me complaining? Pretty sad tbh. Maybe my standards are higher than yours and I expect more from a multi million pound business that cannot provide sufficient software to it's customers?

This thread is only 3 months old - another thread on the same issue is 15 months old - if it wasn't for me and others bumping this, nothing would be done about it. Sky clearly hope we will forget about it, but I won't.

You don't half wind me up though with your childish and pedantic replies when this is quite a serious issue, well done for that.
  • Options
    NoseyBonk said:

If it is the memory leak issue (probably is!) then you could try adding a load more RAM to your PC, that should reduce the frequency of the fault. Guess you're running a 64-bit Operating System that can take advantage of more RAM?
    I know that costs money, but it may allow you to live a little longer due to less stress :)

Thank you Noseybonk, I will look into this - does it definitely guarantee a slow down in the frequency of disconnects?

I already upgraded my hard drive yesterday - the computer itself is running better, but the software crashes are the same.

How much to upgrade the RAM too if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    ckd said:

i get this all the time. for people to say stop moaning about it is a bit silly really and just goes to show how some people can be clueless.

the fact that the site is aware of the issue and still no fix is just ridiculous. if you pay to play then you should be able to play. there is no point in going for any promos if you can not put the volume in to do it.

mtt and stt players have to play a lot more games to get anywhere with these so to say do not play as many would make it impossible to even get priority. but this is not possible to do if you your games are crashing every time.

but if it does not affect you then there is no problem, better to just moan about people moaning instead.

Another player affected it seems...
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

I really don't know what your problem is. Bad day? Why am i getting the abuse and not Evilpingu for example who has the same problem.

You are not including average general profit in the equation as well. There is blatently a delicate balance between playing lots of tables at an average profit + points + promotion whilst including disconnections. Obviously, if I was losing 20-30 quid a day SOLELY going for the promotion, this would be stupid - i'm glad we can agree on something.

The reason I harp on and on about this is because nothing is being done about it. If this doesn't affect you (and it would appear it doesn't) then why are you here moaning at me complaining? Pretty sad tbh. Maybe my standards are higher than yours and I expect more from a multi million pound business that cannot provide sufficient software to it's customers?

This thread is only 3 months old - another thread on the same issue is 15 months old - if it wasn't for me and others bumping this, nothing would be done about it. Sky clearly hope we will forget about it, but I won't.

You don't half wind me up though with your childish and pedantic replies when this is quite a serious issue, well done for that.

You are missing the point.
    I don't think anyone can deny there is a problem.
    I am sure that some of the claims you make in this post are untrue.
    I have always found Tikay to be helpful and honest. If he says he will let everyone know when it is fixed, I am certain he will.
    You are just behaving like a kid in the back of the car.
  • Options

Which bit?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited August 2018

Losing 20-30 overall a day on disconnection issues doesn't mean i'm losing 20-30gbp overall does it? Are you stupid?

Clearly this doesn't affect you so why come on the forum and shoot down what is a VERY valid and common issue among many players, not just myself?

Very surprised at your attitude towards this seeing as it also indirectly affects you - if myself and just a few others leave the site because of this then it leaves your three lunchtime tournies void of players and that tourny will be removed.

-----------

idk what stakes you play but to make £30 in £11 dyms that would require you to play around 60 sit n gos with a healthy ROI of 5% right?

I'd imagine that's 4/5 hours "work" at least.

Going down the swanny. And that's daily. Just to get back what you're "owed" (?) from software malfunctions.

It's a pretty big deal . . . . .

:#:o:|
  • Options
    edited August 2018

-----------

idk what stakes you play but to make £30 in £11 dyms that would require you to play around 60 sit n gos with a healthy ROI of 5% right?

I'd imagine that's 4/5 hours "work" at least.

Going down the swanny. And that's daily. Just to get back what you're "owed" (?) from software malfunctions.

It's a pretty big deal . . . . .

:#:o:|

Yeah I think it's a big deal - can you tell?! LOL.

This figure is a guesstimate - I reckon I lose 3-4 DYM games a night because of it (a combination of simply having blinds stolen for the 60-120 seconds I am away PLUS taking into account any high valuable hands that are auto folded at the same time)...

This figure varies dependent on the stakes I am playing, obviously the volume and also the type (turbo v non turbo).

I would love to hear again from Evilpingu and find out how this guesstimate compares to their cash games losses?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    Prob saves him a few quid
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Jacquelyn said:

I would love to hear again from Evilpingu and find out how this guesstimate compares to their cash games losses?

Not too bad providing it doesn't happen in the middle of a big pot, because it deals you out so you're not posting dead blinds or anything like in a DYM. Hasn't made much difference this week, probs saved me money if I'd got those Aces on the screenshot in pre-flop the way I've been running this week.

Obvs still sucks losing even an iso to £3 on a spin up table because of it though. Adds up pretty quick.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Which bit?

These bits.

The reason I harp on and on about this is because nothing is being done about it

if it wasn't for me and others bumping this, nothing would be done about it.

Sky clearly hope we will forget about it,
  • Options
    They all seem true to me Haysie, do you honestly believe they have been working on this problem for 15 months and still can't work it out?
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

They all seem true to me Haysie, do you honestly believe they have been working on this problem for 15 months and still can't work it out?

Common sense tells me that Sky would prefer to have as many players, playing as many tables as possible, without any problems, to maximise their profits.
    To suggest otherwise is foolish.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Jacquelyn said:

Common sense tells me that Sky would prefer to have as many players, playing as many tables as possible, without any problems, to maximise their profits.
    To suggest otherwise is foolish.
    EXACTLY - so why has nothing been done about this for 15 months when the issue was first raised?

You really think it can't be fixed?

Come on......... i'm pretty sure my rake alone this year to this site is in the tens of thousands of pounds, your's too no doubt - a tiny fraction of this would pay for a highly skilled programming/software techy to fix it.

This would never happen on other leading sites and i'm sure you know that.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    Jacquelyn said:

NoseyBonk said:

If it is the memory leak issue (probably is!) then you could try adding a load more RAM to your PC, that should reduce the frequency of the fault. Guess you're running a 64-bit Operating System that can take advantage of more RAM?
    I know that costs money, but it may allow you to live a little longer due to less stress :)

Thank you Noseybonk, I will look into this - does it definitely guarantee a slow down in the frequency of disconnects?

I already upgraded my hard drive yesterday - the computer itself is running better, but the software crashes are the same.

How much to upgrade the RAM too if you don't mind me asking?
    It certainly should do yes, as you'll have more free memory available which will take longer for 'the problem' to use up.

Hard drive size is not relevant to this problem.

How much total RAM (memory) do you currently have? Do you have as much as EvilPingu? (16Gb total). I have only 6Gb total and can kill the poker client fairly quickly with lots of tables open.

Sorry I can't be specific about what you'll need. Every PC is different and have different requirements/limits to how much can be installed etc etc. Plus I've been totally out of the IT industry for around six years, so lord knows how things have changed hardware wise in that time!

Unless you can tell us exactly what you have and then maybe we can get the documentation online. (or contact your PC supplier)
  • Options
    bearacebearace Member Posts: 131
    Hi,With regards to RAM upgrades I found this tool very helpful. It will tell you what you have and recommend the correct RAM for you PC.

http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/upgrades?cm_re=uk-top-nav-_-uk-flyout-upgrades-_-uk-upgrades-home
  • Options
    4KingDonk4KingDonk Member Posts: 2
    Is this ever going to be fixed? Can we at least get a 30 second disconnect protection? It's utterly ridiculous that you can time out, get the software and tables back up within under 15 seconds and come back to autofolded hands on all tables.