You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    weird
    i,m playing 4 tables now for a couple of hours had no problems , on d/c
  • Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    I've just played 4 myself on the client only crashed once (at the beginning) this was after deleting and reinstalling the software on my PC (which is only used for poker and less than 2 years old).
  • JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    stokefc said:

weird

4 tables isn't enough to make the software crash for the particular issues i've raised.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    Jacquelyn said:

stokefc said:

weird

4 tables isn't enough to make the software crash for the particular issues i've raised.
    @stokefc may have been replying to @davhotred who wrote;

"Playing ONE DYM (32513529) on the Download just now, crashed 8 times by Level 4"

I'll pick up replies to some of the overnight questions shortly, first, I gotta go for a nice long walk in the fresh cool morning air. Life don't get better than that.
    Mayhem357 said:

Just an update I've tried dropping down to 5 tables and it's crashing less but still 4-5 times during that single session. I am playing one table now and it seems to be fine but the crashing has cost me a fair bit today. It completely distracts your focus and I'm losing a lot when blinds get high, please fix this Sky as the browser just isn't the same.

Given the distinct low traffic today I suspect this is impacting a fair amount of people too.

Possibly, yes, but the big problem traffic-wise the last few days is the weather, when it's as good as this, Online Poker suffers badly, & Supermarket business (barbecue stuff, alcohol, picnic foods ) booms as does pub traffic.

edited April 2018
    Mayhem357 said:

I've just tried single tabling a low level heads up match, busy beating my opponent and the software crashes, by the time I come back half my stack is gone. Please Sky hurry up and fix this.

Please be assured @Mayhem357 that Sky Poker are as keen as anyone to get it sorted.

It was escalated by Senior Management yesterday, & Sam has asked me to keep him appraised all weekend as to how things develop.
    Mayhem357 said:

I've just played 4 myself on the client only crashed once (at the beginning) this was after deleting and reinstalling the software on my PC (which is only used for poker and less than 2 years old).

Just popped onto a couple of tables you are playing (10.15am Saturday) & seems OK so far. No "AWAY" players, though of course most are only 1 or 2 tabling.
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

I am sure you are anyway - but please lets try to escalate this to the guys at the top as a matter of urgency and try to find a fix? - It certainly would appear that anyone who is multi - tabling 9/10+ tables is having crash issues.

Can I get a response to the question of when the new software will be available (many people seem to have mentioned that there is new software coming soon) and if that will fix this issue?

Please keep us updated - really appreciate your responses here, its far far far better than the official email/live chat support channels.

Morning @Jacquelyn

It's already been escalated, please see my other replies.

Will the new software fix this issue? It had better, yeah......;)

Date of new software? As I've stated previously, no, I won't be giving dates yet. Transition to the new software is immensely complex, & if the date moves back, people will use the dates I give as a stick to beat Sky Poker with, you know what poker players are like.

There are weekly reports circulated amongst the Team as to progress with the new Software, & I get copies of these, and please be assured it's a serious project being overseen at Director level of SB&G.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,327
    My pennies worth.

I've just played a couple of hours 4-8 tables. No problems here.
    mumsie said:

My pennies worth.

Noted, @mumsie

And there's the problem in a nutshell - it only affects some players. If it was everyone, or no one, it's so much easier to diagnose and resolve.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,473
    edited April 2018
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

My pennies worth.

Noted, @mumsie

And there's the problem in a nutshell - it only affects some players. If it was everyone, or no one, it's so much easier to diagnose and resolve.
    It’s clear that It does affect only some players
    The players who play for long hours on a lot of tables. And it affects all of those players
  • DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    I'll add my recent experiences into the mix of confusion.

So, pretty much forever, the standard scenario had been that if playing 6+ tables I would have the client crash every 2-3 hours - it would be as regular as clockwork.

For a couple of weeks this was much improved (i was so taken aback I even started a thread about it). My average table count had also increased a little during this time too.

Three days ago things then went to the other end of the spectrum - I was experiencing crashes every five minutes with only 2 tables running, so I gave up. I had never experienced this level of unreliability before.

Yesterday morning I single-tabled a cash game just to see how things were - 2 crashes within an hour so I gave up again. I came back in the early evening to give things another try. I 6-tabled cash games for an hour or so with no problems. Encouraged by this I then went on to play a few tourneys which took several hours - again, no crashes.

So, strange times indeed. All I know for certain is that I'm definitely looking forward to the arrival of the new software!
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

My pennies worth.

Noted, @mumsie

It’s clear that It does affect only some players
    The players who play for long hours on a lot of tables. And it affects all of those players
    Its EXACTLY THIS...

You could, probably, even get away with one set of 10 tables (30-40 mins play) without it crashing, but put in more than two hours in a row of 10+ tables and it WILL crash for ALL of these players it seems - I am yet to hear of any player that does 10+ for serious sessions and come here and say its crystal clear with no problems.

Mumsie 4-8 tables probably won't affect it but always worth the feedback - thanks.
    Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

I am sure you are anyway - but please lets try to escalate this to the guys at the top as a matter of urgency and try to find a fix? - It certainly would appear that anyone who is multi - tabling 9/10+ tables is having crash issues.

Can I get a response to the question of when the new software will be available (many people seem to have mentioned that there is new software coming soon) and if that will fix this issue?

Please keep us updated - really appreciate your responses here, its far far far better than the official email/live chat support channels.

Morning @Jacquelyn

It's already been escalated, please see my other replies.

Will the new software fix this issue? It had better, yeah......;)

Date of new software? As I've stated previously, no, I won't be giving dates yet. Transition to the new software is immensely complex, & if the date moves back, people will use the dates I give as a stick to beat Sky Poker with, you know what poker players are like.

There are weekly reports circulated amongst the Team as to progress with the new Software, & I get copies of these, and please be assured it's a serious project being overseen at Director level of SB&G.
    Thanks Tikay - could you confirm if we are we talking weeks, months, or 2019? - I hope to play full time for the summer months of June, July and August but if this issue is not fixed by then I will be unable to do so.
  • SMARTGOATSMARTGOAT Member Posts: 477
    I'd also appreciate a rough schedule for when the new software will become available, the site is almost unplayable at the moment for me and will have to play elsewhere until it is resolved.
    Dusenberg hits the nail right on the head for me, these issues appear to have escalated this week. Sure the software would crash occasionally before but this week has been a whole different level.

There really does seem to be a correlation between the amount of tables too, it's happening far less when I playing 4 tables and under. This morning it has crashed only twice so very few issues. I've noticed the crash has happened when I've been registrating new tables a few times if this helps. Also when I log back in I always have to wait as it tells me I have a duplicate connection (same thing if I log back in via browser).

Thanks anyway Tikay for helping with this.
    By the way I have been asking at the tables and it really does seem to be impacting only a few players most notable those who play a lot of tables.
  • DEVILPOKERDEVILPOKER Member Posts: 10
    I took a 4 day break from Sky Poker returning yesterday to the usual 4 tabling cash games that I play and crashing every 2-10 mins constantly thus rendering it impossible to play poker and at one inopportune moment when I finally hit flop big in a MW pot and got action from both my opponents after flop it crashed yet again! £47 losing session which in great part was down to software issue. I then decided to take break until today assuming it was just an anomaly only for exact same scenario yet again. This is utterly disgraceful and I am very close to calling it a day altogether. I tried both client and web browser and had same issue! Isn't web browser supposed to work?
  • DEVILPOKERDEVILPOKER Member Posts: 10
    I should add that I even tried just 1 and 2 tabling but still same issue!