You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• Options
    BigHawk89BigHawk89 Member Posts: 627
    Is the problem only been looked at for the download client? Is the browser also been looked into? Had to reduce my volume considerably this week because of lagging and timing out.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    mumsie said:

I found I could create lag on cue by clicking a part of the screen on the d/l playing 8 tables. I recorded it on my mobile, not a brilliant recording, but I will post it anyway, it might help.

https://youtu.be/dKT6pKOTs9Q

This is really interesting... it looks like by giving the software 'something extra to think about' it causes it to lag.

What about full on crashes/shut downs playing 10 tables Mumsie?

I think that 'possibly' it could come under the same sort of issue in that giving the software something extra to do (ie adding more and more tables over time like myself, OR you giving it something to think about in terms of sitting out or not) causes problems.

Is there any update from Sam and the tech people Tikay?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    Hi @Jacquelyn I could onon get it to stall/ lag whilst clicking Sit out or in at one table, didn't n happen at any others, curious. But I could get it to happen on cue, really curious.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,174
    Jacquelyn said:

mumsie said:

I found I could create lag on cue by clicking a part of the screen on the d/l playing 8 tables. I recorded it on my mobile, not a brilliant recording, but I will post it anyway, it might help.

https://youtu.be/dKT6pKOTs9Q

This is really interesting... it looks like by giving the software 'something extra to think about' it causes it to lag.

What about full on crashes/shut downs playing 10 tables Mumsie?

I think that 'possibly' it could come under the same sort of issue in that giving the software something extra to do (ie adding more and more tables over time like myself, OR you giving it something to think about in terms of sitting out or not) causes problems.

Is there any update from Sam and the tech people Tikay?

Not really @Jacquelyn, other than to say that they are chasing the Tech people constantly.

As I have stated previously, as soon as I get any news I'll update everyone.
  • Options
    SP_SPSP_SP Member Posts: 419
    Constant crashing or not even being able to p[lay a hand from the offset of a tourney
    only playing one table lmao

• Options
    IkellyIkelly Member Posts: 1,374
    For balance, I play 4 tables for a couple of hours at a time on the DC and have no lag or freezes.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Ye I play on my **** laptop relatively fine. I can't play more than 4 tables without it getting a bit laggy. On my monster, custom built desktop I can't play for more than 30 seconds.

It means I can't attempt to get a Vegas ticket in the spin up promo.....
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    edited April 2018

Ye I play on my **** laptop relatively fine. I can't play more than 4 tables without it getting a bit laggy. On my monster, custom built desktop I can't play for more than 30 seconds.

It means I can't attempt to get a Vegas ticket in the spin up promo.....

Sky Pokers software was actually developed in 1987 on a Commodore 64. It refuses to run on any system carrying more than 2gb of ram as it doesn't believe it's possible for such a machine to exist.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    I can play up to 4 tables on DC without any issues. The lag will kick in as soon as anymore tables are loaded. 6+ tables and it becomes unplayable which is not really an issue for me as I'm happy to 4 table, but I appreciate that this is a major problem for the serious grinders.
  • Options
    SP_SPSP_SP Member Posts: 419
    a6 the new AA
  • Options
    neenioneenio Member Posts: 58
    Got be honest flagged this problem up to priority customer service numerous times with little or no help from them just stating no one else has these problems or it must be your end. Its pretty poor alL round and surely should have been rectified by now
  • Options
    neenio said:

Got be honest flagged this problem up to priority customer service numerous times with little or no help from them just stating no one else has these problems or it must be your end. Its pretty poor alL round and surely should have been rectified by now

Can't disagree @neenio , but it's not for want of trying, the problem is proving particularly intractable.

All hands are on deck to try to remedy it, and will continue so until it is resolved.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

neenio said:

Can't disagree @neenio , but it's not for want of trying, the problem is proving particularly intractable.

All hands are on deck to try to remedy it, and will continue so until it is resolved.
    Hi Tikay,

Have you/Sam tested it yourself on lets say 10+ 0.5gpb dym tables (for banter!) for a 2 hour session so it crashes and then the tech people are fully aware of the main problem?
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

neenio said:

What, like a 2 hour challenge between TK and Sam , with an outcome that sends some money to say a charity or just for bragging rights. And the problem might get fixed as a by product?
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

neenio said:

What, like a 2 hour challenge between TK and Sam , with an outcome that sends some money to say a charity or just for bragging rights. And the problem might get fixed as a by product?
    Nice idea, @mumsie, but @Sky_SamT can barely play poker. I've seen worse players, but not many.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

neenio said:

Hi Tikay,

Have you/Sam tested it yourself on lets say 10+ 0.5gpb dym tables (for banter!) for a 2 hour session so it crashes and then the tech people are fully aware of the main problem?
    Hi @Jacquelyn

I think we can safely say that the Tech Team are already aware.

Personally, & like the vast majority of players here (98% or 99% at a guess), I never play more than 6 tables. That's not to say that the problem has not been recognized - it has, & every effort is being made to sort it.

PS - congrats on achieving Prio in April. I'll try to reply to your latest PM today, though I'm a bit overwhelmed by PM's right now, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

neenio said:

More simply to fully understand the problem and show the tech people that it doesn't just affect 'a select few' but almost anyone who plays 10+ tables for 2+ hours... but playing for bragging rights would be fun too haha
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I'm going all out to fix this today which probably means I'll just end up with a fresh install of windows.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    Jacquelyn said:

More simply to fully understand the problem and show the tech people that it doesn't just affect 'a select few' but almost anyone who plays 10+ tables for 2+ hours... but playing for bragging rights would be fun too haha

I mentioned in my first reply, and the numerous other posts over the years, that the time it takes to fail is the combination of number of tables + amount of free memory. Everyone will have different amounts. That's why different people will see different results (and maybe not even experience the crash if they hit the right combo). Obviously more tables + low free memory = faster fail.

I can reproduce very easily and have done so on about 5 completely different PCs over the years. (Tried it on a load at work ages ago).

• Options
    robtimrobtim Member Posts: 17
    edited April 2018
    Hi all, i haven't read this all the way through, so sorry if this has already been said. But in my experience the download client is an absolute piece of ****. I don't play so much at moment, but back in my high volume days i found playing on the browser pretty seamless, even with bad internet and 12+ tables. But i'd find the client slow at just 6-8 tables. That was on a base level 2015 MacBook pro. So i'd basically just advise anyone to switch to the browser if they're currently using the client.