You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Help with new tables/Software please

Comments

• JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    NoseyBonk said:

Jacquelyn said:

More simply to fully understand the problem and show the tech people that it doesn't just affect 'a select few' but almost anyone who plays 10+ tables for 2+ hours... but playing for bragging rights would be fun too haha

I mentioned in my first reply, and the numerous other posts over the years, that the time it takes to fail is the combination of number of tables + amount of free memory. Everyone will have different amounts. That's why different people will see different results (and maybe not even experience the crash if they hit the right combo). Obviously more tables + low free memory = faster fail.

I can reproduce very easily and have done so on about 5 completely different PCs over the years. (Tried it on a load at work ages ago).

Nosey, being a technological dinosaur - is there anything that I can do to help free up more memory my end? - Is it a case of deleting downloaded movies and photos etc or am I being dumb?

I wish Sky would just fix it their end - I can't believe everyone has been playing on it like this for years, think of the customers lost!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,165
    Jacquelyn said:

Nosey, being a technological dinosaur - is there anything that I can do to help free up more memory my end? - Is it a case of deleting downloaded movies and photos etc or am I being dumb?

You could add more RAM (memory). Deleting movies or photos won't help because they're stored on your hard drive. It's RAM (think of it as 'live' memory use by programs) that gets sucked up as the download client runs. More tables the quicker it happens.

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I'm not sure adding more RAM would do anything. From what I can gather AIR apps can't go over 2gb without crashing anyway. I'm no expert, tho.
    edited April 2018

I'm not sure adding more RAM would do anything. From what I can gather AIR apps can't go over 2gb without crashing anyway. I'm no expert, tho.

I don't know if that's true or not. I don't think my skypoker.exe ever used 2Gb of memory when it failed. (from memory my tests started with at most 1.3Gb free before skypoker.exe was even launched).

10 tables starts off using about 600Mb of memory here. Gradually goes up until it fails...

edited April 2018
    After 'closing program'...

^ that was about 20 tables, ruined in less than 30 mins. Fewer tables would have taken longer, more memory would have take longer.
    My problem definitely wasn't memory related as it was crashing with just 1 table up almost instantly.

I reinstalled Windows and it's been working like an absolute charm.
    NoseyBonk said:

^ that was about 20 tables, ruined in less than 30 mins. Fewer tables would have taken longer, more memory would have take longer.

Hi Nosey,

Ok, all awesome stuff and proof - so my next question is this:

Do you know why 20 tables of pokerstars doesn't sap the memory and cause crashes, but 20 tables of Sky Poker does?

I'm guessing this is the million dollar question everyone is trying to work out?!
    It's usually just bad coding. Poker software is notoriously hard to put together.
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Jacquelyn said:

NoseyBonk said:

Hi Nosey,

Ok, all awesome stuff and proof - so my next question is this:

Do you know why 20 tables of pokerstars doesn't sap the memory and cause crashes, but 20 tables of Sky Poker does?

I'm guessing this is the million dollar question everyone is trying to work out?!
    Not really, stars software is the market leader. Sky know their software is poor and so is the platform they use and that is why they are bringing out new software. I have no technical skills regarding this sort of thing but from being around the industry, new software always takes a long time to get sorted out. Having robust and reliable software is an issue that effects all poker companies and is a key reason why stars continues to be the market leader.

I know its frustrating and it effects me too but seems like this thread is like the kid in the back of the car constantly asking are we nearly there yet. When there is a solution/meaningful update then I am confident that someone from sky will let us know.
    Hi Tikay,

Can you confirm whether Sky engineers are still working on this or not please? The software is still crashing if playing many tables - this morning I lost three bubbles in DYM's due to disconnection issues.

Sorry to persist and moan about this issue, but it has been nearly three weeks since the original post and with every day I lose more and more money which I shouldn't be - it's really really grating now and will have to consider leaving soon if the issue isn't fixed.

TIA,

J x
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

Can you confirm whether Sky engineers are still working on this or not please? The software is still crashing if playing many tables - this morning I lost three bubbles in DYM's due to disconnection issues.

Sorry to persist and moan about this issue, but it has been nearly three weeks since the original post and with every day I lose more and more money which I shouldn't be - it's really really grating now and will have to consider leaving soon if the issue isn't fixed.

TIA,

J x

Hi @Jacquelyn

Yes, I can confirm the Engineers are still trying to resolve this.
    J x

Hi @Jacquelyn

Thank you Tikay, but still no update or solution?

Again, sorry to persist, but with losing money every day because of this continuous problem, it would be silly of me not to regularly ask. Really want to stay at Sky, but patience is wearing very thin.
    Jacquelyn said:

J x

Hi @Jacquelyn

Thank you Tikay, but still no update or solution?Again, sorry to persist, but with losing money every day because of this continuous problem, it would be silly of me not to regularly ask. Really want to stay at Sky, but patience is wearing very thin.

There is no Update beyond the replies I have already given, sorry.

As I have stated repeatedly, as soon as I get any Update I WILL Update this thread.

Hi Tikay,

It's now been a month since the original post and the problem is still the same, has there been 'any' progress on this matter at all?!
    Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

It's now been a month since the original post and the problem is still the same, has there been 'any' progress on this matter at all?!

Yes @Jacquelyn , some progress is being made, though that's not to say I can promise or suggest an immediate solution.

When a resolution has been finalised, I'll let everyone know.
    Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Hi Tikay,

Yes @Jacquelyn , some progress is being made, though that's not to say I can promise or suggest an immediate solution.

When a resolution has been finalised, I'll let everyone know.
    Hi Tikay,

It's now been 3 whole months since the original post and the software is still crashing on multi tabling DYM regs once every hour during a serious evening session due to the reasons outlined in this thread.

It equates to around 10 minutes lost an evening - a lot of time when you consider we are playing 10+ tables of DYM with numerous bubbles at any given situation. It's like paying extra rake in lost earnings.

Obviously it hasn't been fixed and it looks as if the problem has been ignored or at least put to one side, or that they attempted to fix it but failed, or that they never even tried but we were told they tried ;-)

So, I would like to put it out there from a customer service satisfaction point of view? - Do you think giving Skypoker 3 months to rectify a problem, but ultimately nothing being done about it, is acceptable customer service?

If there is an update on this but I haven't heard about it I apologise - but going on the fact it still does this every single night and there has been no software update to fix it I am assuming not.

Sorry for the rant, but 12 weeks now and the lost earnings from lost chips is adding up (and up and up and up).

Thank you x

The position is as before @Jacquelyn

As I have explained on the Forum in recent weeks & months, the situation with TSG caused some uncertainty for a while, & everything was put on hold. Those of us at ground level of The Business had no idea what might happen, in fact for a while, I'm not sure even the VSS knew.

The dust is clearing now, & the options going forward are being agreed.

I think this is a little unfair;

"...or that they never even tried but we were told they tried..."

I have been open & honest with everyone throughout, & have answered every question from everyone promptly, & without recourse to sarcasm.

It's regrettable that it has not been resolved, yes, & I apologise for that.

As & when I have any news on the situation, I'll post it on the Forum.