You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

No deal isn't going to happen , we aren't going to get a 2nd referendum ....so on that basis , what is the point of all this " he said this , they said that stuff " ...it's all pretty much irrelevant .....serious question ?

By what means do you think we will avoid no deal?
    An extension and a reworked agreed deal ....if you really think either options are likely , then lets have a charity £ 50 side bet ...i say no to both no deal and a 2nd ref
    That is a very optimistic view.
    Not really ...if you accept the basic premise that all politicians are only interested in saving their own necks , but are basically interested in the best interests of the country ...and then conjoin that to the fact , that most of the H.O.C , agree that a no deal scenario would be harmful , and a large proportion also agree that a 2nd referendum would ultimately affect the view of democratic process in the country ...then you logically arrive at my conclusions.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 34,842

p.s ...don't expect you to take me up on the bet :D

You must think I am 10 years old.
    You will be daring me next.

HAYSIE said:

No deal isn't going to happen , we aren't going to get a 2nd referendum ....so on that basis , what is the point of all this " he said this , they said that stuff " ...it's all pretty much irrelevant .....serious question ?

An extension and a reworked agreed deal ....if you really think either options are likely , then lets have a charity £ 50 side bet ...i say no to both no deal and a 2nd ref
    Firstly it isn't a deal it is a Withdrawal Agreement.

Secondly it cant get through with The Backstop.

Thirdly the EU will not accept it without The Backstop.

Fourthly the EU seem adamant that they wont renegotiate.

Fifthly the extreme Brexiteers prefer no deal.

Sixthly I am not certain that they didn't vote for the Brady amendment, just to run the clock down a bit more.

Seventhly Parliament could have stopped no deal by voting for the Cooper amendment, but didn't.

Eighthly there is not currently a majority for another referendum

Ninthly the EU have said a number of times that an extension would be available to accommodate, a referendum, or General Election, but not just for more thinking time.

Tenthly leaving with no deal is the default.

It is not cut and dried by any means, no deal by accident is still possible, and as an outcome seems to be becoming more popular with the public.
    HAYSIE said:

we all know that isn't the case ...perhaps add 100 to that :p . On a serious note , you come up with all of this inflammatory bs , but when push comes to shove you won't back up your opinions .....you accused me way back of not having an opinion , i've told you mine and i'm prepared to back it up with cold hard cash and rationale
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Sixthly I am not certain that they didn't vote for the Brady amendment, just to run the clock down a bit more.

Seventhly Parliament could have stopped no deal by voting for the Cooper amendment, but didn't.

Ninthly the EU have said a number of times that an extension would be available to accommodate, a referendum, or General Election, but not just for more thinking time.

It is not cut and dried by any means, no deal by accident is still possible, and as an outcome seems to be becoming more popular with the public.
    There won't be a no deal scenario and we won't have a 2nd referendum !

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Did you read the above?
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Did you read the above?
    Don't need to .. I've already told you whats going to happen

HAYSIE said:

we all know that isn't the case ...perhaps add 100 to that :p . On a serious note , you come up with all of this inflammatory bs , but when push comes to shove you won't back up your opinions .....you accused me way back of not having an opinion , i've told you mine and i'm prepared to back it up with cold hard cash and rationale
    Which inflammatory bs?

I only accused you of not having an opinion when you clearly didn't have one.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Did you read the above?
    Don't need to .. I've already told you whats going to happen
    The bit about the referendum.

HAYSIE said:

This is the Brexit thread.
    You need to start a betting thread.
    Brexit shock poll: Most Britons do NOT fear leaving EU with NO-DEAL

UK citizens are seemingly so fed up with the interminable process of Britain leaving the EU, that they don’t care whether we leave with or without deal.
    In a survey, carried out yesterday after Chancellor Philip Hammond’s 2018 budget speech, 52 percent of respondents said they were behind a no-deal Brexit.
    Politico, who ran the poll with Hanbury, said: “The POLITICO/Hanbury poll shows the country remains as divided as ever over Brexit, with 52 percent either not buying the warning that leaving the EU without a deal would negatively impact spending on public services or saying reduced public spending would be a price worth paying.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1038413/Brexit-poll-brexit-no-deal-latest-news-hammond-2018-budget
    May 'could call June election' and vows to 'battle for Britain' during talks for new Brexit deal

Theresa May could be planning for a general election in June, according to reports, as the prime minister promised to "battle for Britain" during talks with Brussels.
    Downing Street advisers are understood to have drawn up plans to extend Article 50 - the clause which triggered the UK's withdrawal from the EU, then secure the backing of parliament for a new Brexit deal in April before calling a general election in June this year.
    Sources quoted in the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times said the plan would protect the prime minister from being forced out of office by those who want a new leader to negotiate the second stage of the UK's exit - a new trade deal.
    The vote could be held on 6 June and supporters point to fresh polling showing the Conservatives seven points ahead of the Labour party, indicating Mrs May could win.
    It came as the prime minister wrote in the Sunday Telegraph, vowing to "battle for Britain" and secure a new Brexit deal to bring the country together.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/may-could-call-june-election-vows-battle-britain-012400498.html
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

This is the Brexit thread.
    You need to start a betting thread.
    :D
    "Elsewhere on Monday, the government announced that lorries will be able to drive straight off ferries and Channel Tunnel trains without making customs declarations in the event of a no-deal Brexit."

Just as well thats not going to happen , because if true that would be a ridiculous scenario .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47124058

"Elsewhere on Monday, the government announced that lorries will be able to drive straight off ferries and Channel Tunnel trains without making customs declarations in the event of a no-deal Brexit."

Just as well thats not going to happen , because if true that would be a ridiculous scenario .

Taking back control of our borders.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is a very optimistic view.
    Not really ...if you accept the basic premise that all politicians are only interested in saving their own necks , but are basically interested in the best interests of the country ...and then conjoin that to the fact , that most of the H.O.C , agree that a no deal scenario would be harmful , and a large proportion also agree that a 2nd referendum would ultimately affect the view of democratic process in the country ...then you logically arrive at my conclusions.
    They keep saying there is a majority in Parliament in favour of ruling out no deal.
    Yet when they had the opportunity to ensure that this was done by a majority voting for the Cooper amendment, they didn't.
    Had they voted for it, no deal couldn't have happened/
    14 Labour MPs, voting against, and 17 of them abstaining obviously made the difference. Despite the fact it was a three line whip, there have been no recriminations

Many of the extreme Brexiteers are more concerned about their own ideology, rather than whats good for the country.
    The ERG consists of about 80 Tory MPs, and they have reservations beyond the backstop, and seem to be holding out for stuff that the EU are saying they wont wear.

For the Tories to get it through with a small majority, they need all their MPs, and the DUP onside.

So in addition to the ERG, I think it would be fair to say the DUP aren't keen.
    They will not be able to rely on much Labour support, and just about all the SNP, Plaid Cymru, and Lib Dem MPs consistently voted against the Government in all the amendment votes the other night.

Jeremy Corbyn doesn't seem like hes keen to help, so its difficult to see where the majority comes from, unless he changes his mind.

Politics is rarely logical.
    edited February 2019

HAYSIE said:

Brexit Latest: No deal rated likelier than ever

Yesterday's parliamentary drama made Brexit and specifically leaving without a deal, likelier than ever according to Betfair markets. Paul Krishnamurty updates the latest developments...

https://betting.betfair.com/politics/brexit/latest-brexit-odds-betting-and-analysis-no-deal-ever-likelier-300119-171.html

edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Brexit Latest: No deal rated likelier than ever

Yesterday's parliamentary drama made Brexit and specifically leaving without a deal, likelier than ever according to Betfair markets. Paul Krishnamurty updates the latest developments...

https://betting.betfair.com/politics/brexit/latest-brexit-odds-betting-and-analysis-no-deal-ever-likelier-300119-171.html

The article you quoted was from the 30th jan. ...Looking at the exchange this morning ...No deal is trading @ 4.4 or just short of 7/2

Why would you think it ridiculous, when that is what happens now.

HAYSIE said:

Which opinions?