You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Retail price increases happen for a number of reasons

You said they haven't.
    I said I hadn't notice any increases in my weekly shop ..just questioning the reasoning that increases are as a result of Brexit ..please keep up !
    Well that's very easy, the pound has fallen therefore imports are more expensive.
    Thats not the only reason retail prices rise ..
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,564

HAYSIE said:

You now sound like someone with windless sails.
    Once again , I will ask in the vain hope of trying to getting a sensible answer from you ..what is the point of you still arguing the case for remain , when that ship has already sailed ? and also why bother arguing what you think are the negative effects of brexit , when we can't actually do anything about it now ?

I genuinely think , along with most remainers , you are basically a "short termist" ..never heard you mention once about the long term possibilities for brexit and the effects that might have on future generations ...only heard you talk about yourself and your own experiences .
    I have questioned the untrue claims made by Brexiteers about the future.
    My opinion is that it is still very unclear what happens next.
    What do you think the benefits of Brexit are?
    What happens next?
    How can she get the Withdrawal Agreement through?
    They have just confirmed no Meaningful vote next week, maybe the week after.
    The first Meaningful vote was delayed by five weeks, and suffered the biggest ever defeat.
    Now the second one is delayed. We just get ever closer to the deadline, and no closer to the solution.
    There is lots of important stuff that has happened today, yet you choose to pick an argument about shopping.
  • Options
    Are you answering a question with a question ? ...see what I done there ?

" So how much is this apartment going to cost me each year? "

" well , how much would you expect to pay for a quality apartment like this ? "

:p:D

• Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Once again , I will ask in the vain hope of trying to getting a sensible answer from you ..what is the point of you still arguing the case for remain , when that ship has already sailed ? and also why bother arguing what you think are the negative effects of brexit , when we can't actually do anything about it now ?

I genuinely think , along with most remainers , you are basically a "short termist" ..never heard you mention once about the long term possibilities for brexit and the effects that might have on future generations ...only heard you talk about yourself and your own experiences .
    What happens next?
    The first Meaningful vote was delayed by five weeks, and suffered the biggest ever defeat.
    Now the second one is delayed. We just get ever closer to the deadline, and no closer to the solution.
    There is lots of important stuff that has happened today, yet you choose to pick an argument about shopping.
    You chose to put that nonsense article into the fray , not me

• Options

Are you answering a question with a question ? ...see what I done there ?

" So how much is this apartment going to cost me each year? "

" well , how much would you expect to pay for a quality apartment like this ? "

:p:D

I am the person that answers questions, you don't.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

The article was from the Independent, a reputable publication.
    There has been plenty of important stuff posted on here in the last 24 hours, but you chose shopping.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

There has been plenty of important stuff posted on here in the last 24 hours, but you chose shopping.
    Nope the article you originally quoted about the nonsense shopping prices was from yahoo
  • Options
    The PM has just left Brussels with nothing.

She has admitted that she is only looking for assurances on The Backstop.

The ERG, and DUP, have both confirmed that they would not support just assurances, but would only give their support if The Backstop was removed, and replaced with an alternative solution. This is clearly not going to happen.

She meets the EU on the 28th of this month.

This leaves one month, and we are back to square one.

She says no extension to Article 50.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    dobiesdraw said: HAYSIE said:Brexit has already cost average UK worker more than week's wages due to post-referendum price rises, research shows

UK households are already paying the cost of Brexit due to higher prices, a new study has shown.
    The average worker has had to spend more than £404, equivalent to more than a week’s wages, in the first year after the Brexit vote, according to a report by the Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
    The findings suggested the average household had to spend £7.74 more per week to afford the same purchases the year after the referendum.
    Economics professor Dennis Novy, who contributed to the report, said: “It is clear that the average UK household is already paying the price for voting to leave the EU.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brexit-already-hitting-uk-household-094200651.html

Can't say I've noticed any significant change to my weekly shop ..or am i not an average household ? :p

See bolded link in response to the above paying particular attention to your favourite yahoo news nonsense
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Nope the article you originally quoted about the nonsense shopping prices was from yahoo
    Brexit has already cost average UK worker more than week's wages due to post-referendum price rises, research shows

Caitlin Morrison
    The Independent07 February 2019
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Brexit has already cost average UK worker more than week's wages due to post-referendum price rises, research shows

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
  • Options

dobiesdraw said:

HAYSIE said:

UK households are already paying the cost of Brexit due to higher prices, a new study has shown.
    The average worker has had to spend more than £404, equivalent to more than a week’s wages, in the first year after the Brexit vote, according to a report by the Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
    The findings suggested the average household had to spend £7.74 more per week to afford the same purchases the year after the referendum.
    Economics professor Dennis Novy, who contributed to the report, said: “It is clear that the average UK household is already paying the price for voting to leave the EU.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/brexit-already-hitting-uk-household-094200651.html

Can't say I've noticed any significant change to my weekly shop ..or am i not an average household ? :p
    See bolded link in response to the above paying particular attention to your favourite yahoo news nonsense

An Independent reporter and a professor.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
    You just need to click on the link.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
    what link ? Don't see any clickable link or link for that matter . Are you losing it ?
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
    what link ? Don't see any clickable link or link for that matter . Are you losing it ?
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
    You are losing it, it was clearly on the original post.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?

Caitlin Morrison
    show me the proof
    Already read this nonsense , first time you posted it ...it's the same yahoo article from the start with no evidence to back up the article
  • Options
    This is like Statler and waldorf , with the exception of me still having my marbles all there , being female and not liking or agreeing with the other one :D
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What happens next?
    Absolutely not true ...you've made it clear through a series of outdated media articles throughout the thread ( that support the remain view ) , what you think the effects of brexit will be ...still waiting for you to show that you have any interest in the effects of it for future generations post brexit .
  • Options

This is like Statler and waldorf , with the exception of me still having my marbles all there , being female and not liking or agreeing with the other one :D

So its not an independent article, quoting a professor?