You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 33,374
    goldon said:

Take your time ......... the also ran's are on tilt.

Are you?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,665
    Your EU Future
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    goldon said:

Your EU Future

They look more like a bunch of Leave voters to me.
  • Options
    One in six families in the UK are in debt. What the " Dickens" have we gained from being in the EU. Follow the Leader you never elected.
  • Options
    goldon said:

One in six families in the UK are in debt. What the " Dickens" have we gained from being in the EU. Follow the Leader you never elected.

Your comment just goes to show why referendums are not a good idea.

These families will be in debt because they have borrowed money. How could you possibly blame the EU for this. They don't have staff travelling around the country forcing people at gunpoint to borrow money.

Our Government has been pursuing austerity measures for the last 10 years, which have included a public sector pay freeze. These measures have greatly effected some families, making them financially worse off than they were in 2008. Our Government is to blame for this, and these people would be in exactly the same boat whether or not we were members of the EU.

Being members of the EU has helped to create many jobs in this country. As members we have access to the single market. Many foreign manufactures have set up in the UK during the last 40 years. They have done this because we have a skilled workforce, but also to access the Single Market. They wish to sell their product to the 500 million customers in the EU member countries, rather than just to the UK customers.

Many of these companies may choose to relocate to mainland Europe post Brexit, to avoid border problems, avoiding tariffs, the ability to recruit a cheaper workforce, and easy access to the Single Market.

One of the EU rules for the car industry is that 55% of the parts in a car must be manufactured in an EU country. As we will no longer be members, the EU is already advising the European car manufacturers to seek alternative non UK suppliers for the post Brexit market. This will undoubtably cost jobs.

When Nissan move their factory to Poland. The thousands of well paid workers will be able to spend their Summers picking fruit on a minimum wage, replacing the workers that we have stopped coming over from EU countries.

Brexit was just a really bad idea, that will lose trade, cost jobs, and make us poorer.

Some of the people that voted leave thought that all their problems would evaporate the day after we left, but didn't have any logical explanation for how this would occur.

All logic dictates that there will be far more families in debt post Brexit.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    The most famous bunch of Brexiteers the European Research Group, were due to publish their alternative Brexit plan yesterday. However they failed to do so, because they couldn't agree on it.
    Surprise, surprise, its only been two years.
    It would appear that nobody can agree anything very much on Brexit.
    The group of around 60 MPs led by Jacob Rees-Mogg, did publish their plans on the future defence of the Falklands.

Mr Rees-Mogg, probably the most prominent Brexiteer on the planet, recently said that it could take 50 years to reap the benefits of Brexit.

I am happy with that I will only be 112, that's really good news.

Jacob Rees-Mogg Says It Could Take 50 Years To Reap The Benefits Of Brexit
    'We won’t know the full economic consequences for a very long time,' says leading Brexiteer.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jacob-rees-mogg-economy-brexit_uk_5b54e3b5e4b0de86f48e3566
  • Options
    goldon said:

What do you think we will "gain" from leaving the EU?
  • Options
    achill said:

HAYSIE Posts: 901Member
    September 9
    achill said:
    Really interesting thread guys, just read it from start to finish. I haven't been on the forum in years and was really surprised to find such an in-depth discussion.

If I get the time at a more reasonable hour I will give my reasons for voting leave.

Have to say the shambles the government is making of the negotiations has me questioning my choice.

goldon 2 the sequel.

It's on my "to do" list. Having a life stops me being on here every minute of the day.

It must be nice to have a life.

You must have a massive list of reasons why you voted leave?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    goldon said:

According to Jacob Rees-Mogg, there may be a few less in 50 or 60 years time, lets hope they can manage in the meantime.

However the Falklands will be safe.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    UK Conservative eurosceptics fail to agree Brexit plan B: FT

LONDON (Reuters) - A plan by eurosceptics in Prime Minister Theresa May's party to publish an alternative plan for the United Kingdom's future relationship with the European Union has fallen apart, the Financial Times reported on Tuesday.

But Conservative lawmaker Jacob Rees-Mogg, head of the pro-Brexit European Research Group, which led the work on the alternative plan, said the full document would not be published. "The truth is that we reconsidered," he added.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/uk-conservative-eurosceptics-fail-agree-063316275.html

L6 hours ago
    Because there is no feasible plan. This was know since the early days and the Brexiteers are just interested in their own political capital instead of what is good for the nation. Let's just leave on WTO rules they say, but we are already trading on WTO rules with the countries that the EU doesn't have agreements with and how are we supposed to get better terms with the others than the EU? No answers just rhetoric of "we are British". Now we are talking about surviving rather than being better off. What an absolute parody

Hilary4 hours ago
    On balance it is probably best to give up this foolish idea of Brexit altogether. There is no agreement on the way forward, and there is little support for leaving the EU. We all know that the effects of Brexit would be bad for our nation. We just do not know how bad. It was a referendum which caused the mess we are in. Only a referendum can put an end to it.
  • Options
    Wrong Brexit will cost tens of thousands of car jobs, warns Jaguar boss

BIRMINGHAM, England (Reuters) - The wrong Brexit deal could cost tens of thousands of car jobs and risks production at Britain's biggest carmaker Jaguar Land Rover, its boss warned, adding he had no idea if his plants could function after Britain quits the European Union.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/wrong-brexit-deal-cost-thousands-jobs-jaguar-land-134354942--business.html
  • Options
    You've gotta give "Credit" to the Leave Voters ....... most of them are on it.
  • Options
    you want me to be serious....... you have Rose coloured Speck's on,

Take them off a view the real EU

https://youtu.be/twmUTMw6IdY
  • Options
    goldon said:

I am not going to play it, I suppose he is the EU man that gives out loans.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

I am not going to play it, I suppose he is the EU man that gives out loans.
    Who is the EUs Wonga man?
  • Options
    One Blind Mouse see how he runs
  • Options
    goldon said:

One Blind Mouse see how he runs

Stop press.

The EU have just taken over Wonga to get more Brits into debt after Brexit.

• Options
    goldon said:

If you had told Boris that we will be a debt free country after Brexit, he might have even bought a second bus to print it on the side of.
    You were right when you said you don't do serious, you should just continue with your nonsense, or at least not mix both of them up.
  • Options
    Minority Report
  • Options
    You should be on Political Forum ( get ridiculed there) not Poker Forum. Boris was helpful in letting me know the correct place where to Post......