You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brexit

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047

Incidentally Haysie , as you have been banging on so much about this petition and you feel so strongly about it , did you attend the march ? I notice the petitioner didn't , handy having a holiday at the same time eh ? ;)

Her petition related to revoking Article 50.

The next biggest petition ever on the site was a peoples vote petition.

The march was in respect of a put it to the people vote.

They are clearly not the same thing.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Nigel Farage enjoys posh restaurant while Brexit marchers trudge through the mud
    The ex-Ukip leader lunched at posh Italian restaurant in Chelsea yesterday, where a Dover Sole costs £39 and the cheapest wine is £40 a bottle

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-enjoys-posh-restaurant-14202076

Shocking revelation from the Mirror ...hang him out to dry for having a decent meal in a nice restaurant . ;) Bit short on important news ?
    That is one view.
    Another view is that he heavily promoted a Brexit Betrayal march, turned up at the start, and then quickly disappeared.

It is a continuation of the billboard story, showing how hypocritical he is.

He's not retired , and an MEP. Do you not think he has other commitments?
    I would also suggest the above applies to all of those in work , and that combined with the fact it was a 2 week " gig" as opposed to a one day event (peoples march) explains a relatively low turn out.
    He just looks silly.
    Why get involved if he had prior commitments?
    Why organise it in the first place?
    A handful of people taking part was hardly impressive.
    Lets get some facts here ...Farage helped to organise it , it was actually a leave means leave baby .
    Despite his commitments he turned up at the start, and promptly disappeared.
    Leaving himself open to the ridicule of the billboards.
    Those that organised the billboards knew exactly what he would do.
    He didn't disappoint them.
    The object of a protest is to get publicity for your cause.
    You can decide for yourself which got the better publicity, the million people on the one day "put it to the people" march, or the handful of people, and the "Wheres Nigel" billboards, on the 2 week Brexit Betrayal march.

Nigels was poorly organised.
    Well would have been interesting to see how many the peoples march would have attracted if it had been a 2 week march . The money is on considerably less , for the reasons I have already given .

You must have missed it.

I usually answer question, it is you that don't.

No I didn't.
    Unlike Nigel Farage, I didn't say I was getting involved, then turn up for 10 minutes, before disappearing.
    You will note that there were no billboards erected to ridicule me.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Nigel Farage enjoys posh restaurant while Brexit marchers trudge through the mud
    The ex-Ukip leader lunched at posh Italian restaurant in Chelsea yesterday, where a Dover Sole costs £39 and the cheapest wine is £40 a bottle

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-enjoys-posh-restaurant-14202076

Shocking revelation from the Mirror ...hang him out to dry for having a decent meal in a nice restaurant . ;) Bit short on important news ?
    That is one view.
    Another view is that he heavily promoted a Brexit Betrayal march, turned up at the start, and then quickly disappeared.

I would also suggest the above applies to all of those in work , and that combined with the fact it was a 2 week " gig" as opposed to a one day event (peoples march) explains a relatively low turn out.
    He just looks silly.
    Lets get some facts here ...Farage helped to organise it , it was actually a leave means leave baby .
    You can decide for yourself which got the better publicity, the million people on the one day "put it to the people" march, or the handful of people, and the "Wheres Nigel" billboards, on the 2 week Brexit Betrayal march.

Well would have been interesting to see how many the peoples march would have attracted if it had been a 2 week march . The money is on considerably less , for the reasons I have already given .

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.
    Unlike Nigel Farage, I didn't say I was getting involved, then turn up for 10 minutes, before disappearing.
    Missed what ?
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.
    Show me where farage said he was going to/was able to do the whole march ? Just another pathetic attempt by remainers to discredit .

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.
    Missed what ?
    You accused me of not answering your post.
    edited March 2019
    HAYSIE said:

Incidentally Haysie , as you have been banging on so much about this petition and you feel so strongly about it , did you attend the march ? I notice the petitioner didn't , handy having a holiday at the same time eh ? ;)

Actually she was invited to attend it , and declined . Perhaps you would like to see her tweet ?
    And she is still banging on , despite these " alleged " death threats :D
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

We all know ' empty vessels make most noise...'

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.
    Show me where farage said he was going to/was able to do the whole march ? Just another pathetic attempt by remainers to discredit .
    Show me where he said he would turn up for 10 mins, and then disappear.

Headlines below.

Nigel Farage to lead 14-day march to protest against 'betrayal of Brexit'

Nigel Farage will lead a 280-mile march from Sunderland to London in protest against `betrayal of Brexit´
    Leave Means Leave campaign organising the protest which begins on March 16
    Mr Farage will lead march from Sunderland which is due in London on March 29
    Brexiteer Farage claimed the 'Westminster elite' are 'betraying British people'
    The march will visit towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract and Doncaster

Nigel Farage mocked at ‘Brexit Betrayal’ march with footage of him campaigning for disgraced Republican Roy Moore

Nigel Farage was mocked by anti-Brexit campaigners on Saturday after his speech was interrupted by footage of him endorsing Roy Moore, a failed and highly controversial US Senate candidate.
    The former UKIP leader was addressing pro-Brexit demonstrators at the March to Leave, which will see around 50 protesters walk from Sunderland to central London in 14 days.

The so-called “Brexit betrayal march” began on 16 March and protesters have been met throughout their route by Led by Donkeys, an anti-Brexit group determined to expose what they describe as Mr Farage’s ”hypocrisy”.

A huge nationwide pro-Brexit march led by Nigel Farage is to visit Doncaster. The Leave Means Leave campaign have announced details of a nationwide march from Sunderland to London which will arrive in the capital on March 29 – the day Britain is due to leave the EU.

Nigel Farage launches two-week nationwide 'Brexit Betrayal' march
    Protest will see marchers travel from Sunderland to London in time for Brexit day

Nigel Farage is to launch a nationwide march of angry Brexiteers, who will spend two weeks crossing the country to express their fury at Theresa May's "Brexit betrayal".
    The event, organised by the Leave by Leave campaign, will see activists march from Sunderland and London between 16 and 29 March.

It will culminate in a rally in Parliament Square on the day Britain is due to leave the EU.

The "Brexit Betrayal" march will be led by Mr Farage, the former Ukip leader, and will see protesters pass through towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract, Doncaster and Wellingborough.

HAYSIE said:

Actually she was invited to attend it , and declined . Perhaps you would like to see her tweet ?
    And?
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.

Headlines below.

Nigel Farage will lead a 280-mile march from Sunderland to London in protest against `betrayal of Brexit´

Nigel Farage mocked at ‘Brexit Betrayal’ march with footage of him campaigning for disgraced Republican Roy Moore

Nigel Farage was mocked by anti-Brexit campaigners on Saturday after his speech was interrupted by footage of him endorsing Roy Moore, a failed and highly controversial US Senate candidate.
    The former UKIP leader was addressing pro-Brexit demonstrators at the March to Leave, which will see around 50 protesters walk from Sunderland to central London in 14 days.

The so-called “Brexit betrayal march” began on 16 March and protesters have been met throughout their route by Led by Donkeys, an anti-Brexit group determined to expose what they describe as Mr Farage’s ”hypocrisy”.

A huge nationwide pro-Brexit march led by Nigel Farage is to visit Doncaster. The Leave Means Leave campaign have announced details of a nationwide march from Sunderland to London which will arrive in the capital on March 29 – the day Britain is due to leave the EU.

Protest will see marchers travel from Sunderland to London in time for Brexit day

Nigel Farage is to launch a nationwide march of angry Brexiteers, who will spend two weeks crossing the country to express their fury at Theresa May's "Brexit betrayal".
    The event, organised by the Leave by Leave campaign, will see activists march from Sunderland and London between 16 and 29 March.

It will culminate in a rally in Parliament Square on the day Britain is due to leave the EU.

The "Brexit Betrayal" march will be led by Mr Farage, the former Ukip leader, and will see protesters pass through towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract, Doncaster and Wellingborough.
    Farage can't use the excuse of attending Euro meetings to not being on the rally -because he's takes the £ attendance allowance for certain committees and has been 'called out' in the Euro parliament for his 'non' attendances

HAYSIE said:

Do you think you could organise a petition that could get 6 million signatures?
    madprof said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.

Headlines below.

Farage can't use the excuse of attending Euro meetings to not being on the rally -because he's takes the £ attendance allowance for certain committees and has been 'called out' in the Euro parliament for his 'non' attendances
    They are probably never happier than when he fails to turn up.
    Jacob Rees-Mogg backs Boris Johnson while outlining his own vision for the nation | ITV News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbwNm2Ljvq8
    Is this MP's sweary response where we've got to on Brexit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmqKvuyNPA8
    Brexit: 'Spike' in NHS drug shortages – BBC Newsnight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImDZMXUkiU
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.

Headlines below.

And he did lead it , nothing in that nonsense about him committing to doing the whole march .

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What sort of stupid question is that ? Obviously I or anyone could pick an emotive topic such as this and it wouldn't take long to get a large flock of sheep to follow, especially when they don't even have to move from their armchairs to support it . Laughable !

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What sort of stupid question is that ? Obviously I or anyone could pick an emotive topic such as this and it wouldn't take long to get a large flock of sheep to follow, especially when they don't even have to move from their armchairs to support it . Laughable !

Go on then.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.

Headlines below.

And he did lead it , nothing in that nonsense about him committing to doing the whole march .

He lead it for 10 minutes.
    edited March 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

That is one view.

He just looks silly.

You must have missed it.

No I didn't.

Headlines below.

He lead it for 10 minutes.
    So what if it was 10 mins , 30 or 2 hours ? I asked you to show me where he committed to doing the whole march and you can't .
    It's got no relevance to the debacle that happened yesterday.